• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoK111 - Columbus, OH May 12th! Midwest Circuit Season 2 is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathos

Smash Champion
Columbus Ohio Krew, specifically JoeBushman111, Presents:
CoK 111 / Midwest Circuit - Season 2 Opener

Date: Saturday, May 12th
Time: 12:00 EST
Registration: It will begin at 11 at close at 12. Registration for all events will occur in that hour. If you cannot make it by 12 you will not be added to pools unless you contact me by phone.

4480 Beard Road
Sunbury, OH 43074

Housing will be available to those for show interest. There will be housing at the venue and can gladly house 25 people. There will also be extra housing available at my parent's house which is two minutes away. The venue will be in a barn like structure but have plenty of room for everyone and offer some interesting ammenities like pool and table tennis.

Also to plan on food it will be a bit of a drive (6 minutes) but you'll have plenty of options. Drinks will be available at the venue.

TV's and gamecubes will be needed. I know CoK will be able to provide at least 5 but I would like around 20 setups at least. More TVs means more friendlies. . . .

WHAT IS THE MIDWEST CIRCUIT?
The Midwest Circuit is a group of popular tournament series linked together by common rules and rankings. The tournaments will be hosted around the Midwest, providing a chance for everyone to attend. Points will be awarded to the winners of each event, and your cumulative points will seed the next event. In the end, a hefty monetary prize will be given to the top three total points holders.

The PURPOSE of this is to get the Midwest tournament scene back in action! We trailed the other regions big-time at FC6, and we (the committee) believe that the reason is from lack of playing. The EC gets together on a regular basis to play, as does the WC and even the South. The MW needs to step it up and get its best players together regularly or we won't stand a chance at next year's FC.

So let's all get together, have some fun, and get better!

CIRCUIT POINTS
As described above, this tournament will provide a chance for players to earn Circuit Points! Points count toward seeding at all Midwest Circuit events, including the Circuit Championship.

Also, teams will have points given to the TEAM, not the PLAYERS. If you use two different partners at two different tourneys, then your two teams will be listed separately in the rankings - they do not stack for you. This is to encourage refined teamwork in the sense of having a consistent partner.

BUDGET
This tournament is run on a budget. In other words, the pot will NOT be distributed 100%. Some will go towards the Circuit Championship prize pool, and some will be used to pay for the venue if there are not enough attendees. Entry fees are still high, so there is a lot of money to play for! Here are the details:

$15 per person for teams, $15 for 1v1
$5 entry fee regardless of participation (pays for the venue). If you bring a SETUP with a TV bigger than 17" venue fee is waived .
15% of the pot is pulled for the Circuit Champions
Remaining pot will be split 60/30/10 for both teams and singles.

SINGLES RULES
Double Elimination, Round Robin Seeded. Round robins will eliminate down to 32 players.
All RR and bracket matches are best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland64, PokeStadium, Donkey Kong 64
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Onett, MKI, MKII, and Yoshi's Island 64.
One stage cancellation per set
Advanced slob picks: Loser picks stage, winner changes character, loser changes character
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items
No in-game coaching is allowed. Coaching is only allowed between matches, and the player and coach may only discuss for a maximum of 1 minute. This will be enforced strictly.

DOUBLES RULES
Double Elimination, Round Robin Seeded. Round robins will eliminate down to 16 teams.
All RR and bracket matches are best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland64, PokeStadium
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Onett, MKI, MKII, and Yoshi's Island 64.
One stage cancellation per set
Advanced slob picks: Losers picks stage, winners changes characters, losers changes characters
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items
No in-game coaching is allowed. Coaching is only allowed between matches, and the player and coach may only discuss for a maximum of 1 minute. This will be enforced strictly.
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
-- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: If there is sufficient reason (i.e. lots of complaints) that you threw a round robin match, you will be disqualified!
-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned, not that anyone uses them.
-- Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
-- You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
-- Wobbling is BANNED (per CoK majority vote)
-- Iggy's modified stupid rule: Pausing during a tournament match will result in an automatically loss of stock for the player and team. A second offense will result in loss of the match in which it is performed. A third time will result in the loss of the current set.

NOTICE COK111 SPECIALS:
DK64 is on random for singles only
For Teams Controller slots 1 and 2 aren't allowed on the same team

If you need help with directions or have question with anything you may contact me by my cell phone 740-816-2168 or PM me and I add you to my buddy list on AIM.

Some of these rules are subject to change as the council is deciding on Season 2 formats and topics, so refresh yourself everyone once in a while. But I'll make sure to make a post on the updates

Big_R

Smash Champion
Noice, I graduate high school the 17th, but i'm out the 10th. this is a definite go...fo sho.

Kel

Smash Master
Man....I hope nothing else is going on this weekend because that barn and the orphanage is wayyyy too good to miss.

Edit*
Man, I KNEW something was this day....ACEN. This is a tough one... we'll see.

Wife

Smash Lord
Man, May is a really busy month for Smash.

But you know Team Ben loves the cok, so we'll be there. Can't wait!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm in.

What the hell is ACEN and why is it better than the orphanage?

I'm happy that it's May. We won't freeze to death and Tayo won't steal my blanket.

AS Money

Smash Lord
I'm in.

What the hell is ACEN and why is it better than the orphanage?

I'm happy that it's May. We won't freeze to death and Tayo won't steal my blanket.
i wouldn't be so sure of that it is almost blizzerding in MI right now

and 1 week ago it was 75 degrees

maybe thats why the roads suck

Watty

Smash Lord
JV, Stro, and Lippy Wippy gonna come so I can take some more money?!?!?!?!

soap

Smash Hero
i think the title should be changed to "JOeBushman111 presents CokIII" it only makes sense. watty presented cok I, mathos II, the third should be named after joe, the fourth will be drew or frenzie, and Anuj should be the fifth, just switch the V around to be the A in anuj

mathos

Smash Champion
Use the edit button Soap,

And suggestion taken, CoK has actually already talked about that.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'm confused. I thought JoeBushman111 from GameFAQS was hosting this event. Who is JoeBushmanIII? Some kind of JoeBushman111 impostor??

D

Deleted member

JV, Stro, and Lippy Wippy gonna come so I can take some more money?!?!?!?!
I'm coming Watty. This is one of the few out of state tournaments that I go to lol. Poker rematch is on, this time no runner runner bs. I haven't talked to Joe or Justin in a while though. I'll let them know about this so hopefully they will come too.

Watty

Smash Lord
soap is silly but yep samus vs sheik 5 bucks

YAY montross is coming maybe dope iwll play with us and tinky thinks he is a BA in poker 2.

BTW RUNNER RUNNER IS THE GREATEST

Overswarm

is laughing at you
soap is silly but yep samus vs sheik 5 bucks

YAY montross is coming maybe dope iwll play with us and tinky thinks he is a BA in poker 2.

BTW RUNNER RUNNER IS THE GREATEST
I'm tempted to moneymatch you in Onett again.

I have a plan....

but I don't really know if it is a good idea.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Onett is Watty's home. How dare you plan some terrorist attack's on watty's home.
I know his trixies. I basically paid him $5 to see them.

I know some ways to get around it, and am tempted to money match him there just to see if I can beat that strategy. It is broken against Fox, but (character names removed for utmost secrecy) don't do too badly against it, I would imagine.

Watty

Smash Lord
r u talking about ganon? cause he is the onyl 1 who does well there but its still do able

Echo

Smash Champion
so THIS is gonna be the season opener, eh? its quite a trip, but we'll try to make it

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
If by quite a trip, you mean 'not that long but I'm going to make a post crying about it because I want attention', then yes
Yes, it is quite a trip.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If by quite a trip, you mean 'not that long but I'm going to make a post crying about it because I want attention', then yes
Yes, it is quite a trip.
he is from nebraska

it is quite a trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom