• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (4) - gheb_01 kevinm overswarm meta-kirby
overswarm (1) - summonerau
meta-kirby (4) - exn sworddancer. adumbrodeus blue yoshi
omni (1) - sephiroths masamune
gheb (1) - omni

not voting (2) - -rei- rockin

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/6 est!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adumbrodeus' plan is sound, but not without leaking too much info.

For one, it is possible there is simply a vanilla neighborhood. I doubt it, but whatever. I'm willing to lynch SummonerAU on this as it fills us in on whether or not each neighborhood could potentially have a baddie in it (if he's mafia, it means that mafia members aren't their own neighborhood) and potentially neighborhood power information.

More importantly, if one person lies to protect a strong power, they're gonna look scummy for no reason. Which summoner may be doing since it is obvious that he is the last one in his neighborhood and killing him would remove that power.

Summoner's lynch would give us a lot of info, but I'd need some convincing to push for it.
There's a beautiful phrase called "no comment", could've worked for either scum or town, but pursuing it further would've been useless.

Saying "yes, my neighborhood has a power" would've been bad town play, but keep in mind, we also have Rei as a claimed tracker, plus a bunch of really dangerous townies and a watcher neighborhood, so it's not that bad.

LAL.

We have 3 neighborhoods with powers now, waiting on one. If the last says they have a power, I suggest we lynch summoner.

Also, Meta kirby seems to be active elsewhere, but has yet to respond to my questions or post in the thread at all. Ducking out to avoid suspicion?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Until he starts posting and being active in this game, I will leave my vote on Meta Kirby.

And, for the same reasoning as when I claimed a neighborhood power role, I think we should not lynch anyone in a neighborhood that contains a power role. My thoughts is that it is very unlikely that, in a 3 person neighborhood with a power role, that 2 or more would be mafia. So that said, either 1 or 0 mafia would be in each neighborhood. (well... if there were 2 or more, then the mafia would control that power role... that wouldn't make sense in my opinion). So... if there is 1 mafia and 2 town, town controls the power role (though mafia can influence their decisions). However, if we lynch one town, then it's 1 and 1 (and I'm assuming all neighborhood power roles is like mine, a majority vote to use the power role). At this point, mafia can control the power role (or at least refuse to do certain actions). So... using that logic, even if there is a mafia in the neighborhood, if there is a power role, I think it would be in our best interest to keep all three neighbors alive, thus ensuring that the mafia player does not control the neighborhood.

That said, if it seems very likely that someone is scum, then lets lynch them. If we can out the mafia player from a power neighborhood, then that will be great for us. However... for the reasons stated above... lets try to keep the power role neighborhoods in-tact.

Hopefully my logic makes sense...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
u guys and your meta/flavor/assumptions

who do u think is scum BY

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I agree that summoner would be a good lynch choice. It could confirm that the possibility of either 1 scum 2 town in a neighborhood or 3 town in a neighborhood. Meta-Kirby lynch would be ok too. It doesn't even seem like he is paying attention. I'm wondering if he is even in a neighborhood. When Vult first revealed that he was in a neighborhood, MKby was completely clueless on what a neighborhood was. So far he as posted absolutely nothing beneficial, and he doesn't even use his vote.

I agree with Gheb that Seph is pretty townish. I don't think there is anything scummy about him. Kevin is going the wrong way with that imo.

~I'll post more tomorrow after my final finals.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If Summoner's neighborhood has a power role and he is scum, he (and his scumates) could have anticipated that Vult would be lynched or Vig killed. Killing FF would then give him ultimate control of the neighborhood's role. I'm just being hypothetical though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't think the last neighborhood should state if they have a power role or not. That just gives scum more info (if there isn't scum in that neighborhood). I don't see the benefit towards town tbh.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Have read recent posts.

Exam in 50 minutes. Will post when I get home in 3 hours.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If Summoner's neighborhood has a power role and he is scum, he (and his scumates) could have anticipated that Vult would be lynched or Vig killed. Killing FF would then give him ultimate control of the neighborhood's role. I'm just being hypothetical though.
I never thought of this...

He claimed his neighborhood was a vanilla neighborhood... so if he were town, there would be no need to lie about that (and I think there was another claimed vanilla neighborhood). If he is scum, then... well, he could lie and say he's in a vanilla neighborhood. This way, now scum has an additional power role, and no one would think it was from him.

Ugh... I'm fine as always with a Meta Kirby lynch, but after reading that... I'm also fine with a Summoner lynch (actually, we'd get alot of information off of his flip). So for the moment, down for either a Meta Kirby lynch or a Summoner lynch. I'll keep my vote on Meta Knight for now since he's broken and is using Infinite Dimentional Cape through day 2.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Guys, if you're going to vote me to get information about neighbourhoods/you think I'm lying I would like you two list your top 3 suspects, give reasons as to why and give a detailed reasoning for your top suspect. If I'm in your suspects list, I'd like you to also give a detailed reasoning on why I'm suspicious OUTSIDE of the current accusations of lying. If you don't find me suspicious outside of this, tell me exactly the information you want from this lynch. Give every reason you have that won't hurt town.
If you don't want to answer these questions as you vote, why not? I refuse to be killed with a lazy bandwagon to 'get information' so make your **** stances or sod off.

The reasons why I'm not going to argue about it
1) I doubt I'd be able to argue well enough to convince people not to do it
2) I think when I flip town, the stances that people take while answering my questions/listing people will help the remaining town members

I may decide to rant about how silly this is, but whatever. If you want information, just ask and I'll do my best.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I'm not sold on Summoner's lynch. I do think that there is a pretty good chance that he was lying, but as of right now I think that there is just a likely of a chance that he could be lying to hid a power role from scum as there is that he is hiding a power role from town. Someone is going to have to convince me otherwise. Right now I would much rather go with Meta Kirby, follewed by BY.

@Gheb: Why did you vote for me specifically?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Summoner seems like its a pretty good choice just because of the information we could garner.

However I also REALLY don't want to lynch just based off of trying to gather more info with another two possible night kills on the way.

SwordDancer would be an ok wagon, or MK, or Summoner.

Holy **** step it up guys.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I never thought of this...

He claimed his neighborhood was a vanilla neighborhood... so if he were town, there would be no need to lie about that (and I think there was another claimed vanilla neighborhood). If he is scum, then... well, he could lie and say he's in a vanilla neighborhood. This way, now scum has an additional power role, and no one would think it was from him.
Heh, which neighborhood claimed that?

By my count, 4 neighborhood claimed a status, and only one is claiming vanilla neighborhood, also the only person without any other members to confirm this.

Last neighborhood doesn't seem to wanna talk, but since it's the only one left, they'd contest the conclusion at this point.

Unvote

Vote: SummonerAU

Summoner, you are an all but confirmed lier, and your lynch would be extremely informative, especially if you flip mafia.

@Summoner At this point, it's obvious that you were caught in a lie, nothing you can do to change that. LAL is MORE then enough justifacation for your lynch at the moment. IF you do happen to flip town, let this be a lesson to you. Don't lie as town.

I'm not sold on Summoner's lynch. I do think that there is a pretty good chance that he was lying, but as of right now I think that there is just a likely of a chance that he could be lying to hid a power role from scum as there is that he is hiding a power role from town. Someone is going to have to convince me otherwise. Right now I would much rather go with Meta Kirby, follewed by BY.
Because lying is inherently one of the most anti-town things you can do, you can withhold information, you can say things that would tend to lead people to believe the opposite of the truth, you can say, "I'm withholding information", which 99.9% of us are doing at this very moment, but you never lie, because being caught in a lie means an automatic lynch. Intentions are the only exception to this.

Why? Because lying about powers and such does the town more harm then good in the long run, the gambits that involve it are almost always a ridiculous laughable failure. That's why the meta-game encouragement LAL (Lynch All Liers) is so prevalent.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd prefer lynching Summoner toDay due to the power role involved.

I would like the vig (if he exists) to shoot metakirby.

Swordsdancer still flying under the radar, but we have better targets.

59 hours to do this, gogogogo! I'll switch to metakirby if enough people are unwilling to lynch summoner.

Omni

BRoomer
do not attempt to regulate or dictate vig shots. vig should always act on their own accord since shots can be easily misdirected

Omni

BRoomer
also no one commenting on my interactions with gheb is gay

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@SAU, I already said why I would want you lynch other than the fact we could get info from your lynch. That being you first jumped on my wagon for no apparent reason, and then provided a less than acceptable reason when asked why.

do not attempt to regulate or dictate vig shots. vig should always act on their own accord since shots can be easily misdirected
Also Mafia could easily use this as a free lynch on MK because we may think the vig/sk killed MK but in fact it could have been the mafia.

#HBC | Dancer

Because lying is inherently one of the most anti-town things you can do, you can withhold information, you can say things that would tend to lead people to believe the opposite of the truth, you can say, "I'm withholding information", which 99.9% of us are doing at this very moment, but you never lie, because being caught in a lie means an automatic lynch. Intentions are the only exception to this.

Which is what I'm saying. Maybe he is lying with the intention of hiding a PR from scum?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
[/B]

Which is what I'm saying. Maybe he is lying with the intention of hiding a PR from scum?
I don't mean, "lying because of particular intentions", I mean "lying about what your intentions are".

If he wants to hide his PR and is pro-town, he should've said "no comment", that was the pro-town thing to do in that case.

#HBC | Dancer

Yeah thanks for pointing out potential PRs. Can we lynch him now plz?

:059:
The idea that of Summoner having a potential PR has already been pointed out a loooong time ago. Also you ignored

I don't mean, "lying because of particular intentions", I mean "lying about what your intentions are".

If he wants to hide his PR and is pro-town, he should've said "no comment", that was the pro-town thing to do in that case.
Well, okay, but in that case you could be trying to push a lynch a guy just because he didn't do something ideally. Perhaps he thought lying would be a better way to protect it? So in that case it could of been just poor town play on his part?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
adumbrodeus, you wanna like, do what I asked you to do in my last post.

protip: not lying either.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We caught a liar and you wanna cut him loose? Really?
Even if he was lying, I won't follow the idiotic policy of lynching all liars. Even lying can do the town favors whether you believe it or not.

Sworddancer, look at all your posts and tell me you're not a good lynch. I mean this game has many lynches I'd be OK with but I think it's fairly easy to see why you're up there.

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Gheb, I'm liking your play less and less now. LAL is in generally, extremely beneficial for town, and that creates the incentive to not lie as town.

adumbrodeus, you wanna like, do what I asked you to do in my last post.

protip: not lying either.
No.

Lying is more then enough, that you're the only neighborhood without a power and conveniently the only neighborhood without somebody else to back up your claims is more then enough. You were under some pressure, I took a chance because at this point it was confirm-able, and what do I get, a lier.

The fact that you double as an informative lynch is a nice bonus.

I'll be glad to tell you my second choice though, metakirby.

Do you know why we should lynch metakirby? Here's why.

Why does he have enough time to spam several times in the decisive games social, and post about Super Mario Sunshine, but completely ignore this thread, ESPECIALLY when he's under pressure.

Vanishing when under pressure to diffuse a lynch?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
inb4 I flip and adumbro is like "well, the situation was enough for me to assume he was lying"

#HBC | Dancer

Bleh, I'm going to be at C.E.O this weekend and thus will be inactive for the most part. I will be back before deadline, rest assured.

For now my vote rests on Meta Kirby for reasons already stated.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
inb4 I flip and adumbro is like "well, the situation was enough for me to assume he was lying"
No, if you flip town (and that's a big "if") my quote will be, "he was a ****ing idiot".

There literally was no pro-town reason to reveal your neighborhood was vanilla if for some reason god despises you and you are actually in the only vanilla neighborhood (which I find laughably stupid as far as possibilities go), cause you can't even absorb a NK that way, scum know not to go after you.

Kevin, formating closing tags are like this "[/b]" and opening tags are like this, ".

Omni

BRoomer
can we start playing mafia yet or are we going off the law of assumptions/possiblities s'more

Top Bottom