• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Crew battles will not happen.

Chi my biggest gripe in the timeline is here:

3:15 – 3:55 Doubles LF
3:55 – 5:25 Doubles GF

Like we are going to spend over 2 hours playing 2 matches? Something needs to move parallel while this is going on.

EDIT: Nvm I see you running pools parallel, that might affect the length of pools drastically though. Gotta keep an eye on that.
Yeah I'm thinking of a few ways to deal w this now. If anyone has any great ideas please tell me

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah I'm thinking of a few ways to deal w this now. If anyone has any great ideas please tell me
Lunch, singles pools, any advertised money matches, fantasy bracket, all extra stuff during this time period.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tako and I are trying to fix the time delay caused by doubles intersecting with singles pools, all the other stuff is already fixed

sneakytako

Smash Lord
No you misunderstand OS.

The allocated time for pools is affected by running the last rounds of Doubles at the same time. Especially for like people who come from LF they can really hold up the pools.

I see two ways of handling this:

One way is to make everyone that's still left in doubles play their pools FIRST. That way the entire 2nd wave of pools time can be used to finish doubles.

The other way is to have running them side by side, but you have to make sure 2 things happen:

1.) Everyone who's left in doubles need to be split evenly between first and second wave.
EDIT: Actually it might be better if everyone in winner's play first wave, loser's play 2nd wave pools. That way the winners might have to play one match and get to play pools, while the losers can duke it out and play their pools once they get eliminated. But if a team from loser's make it to GF that could delay things alot.
2.) LF/GF needs to happen after all members are finished with pools.

Either way your probably going to lose about an hour min Chi.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You shouldn't lose any time at all; those in doubles should be playing their matches to catch up immediately so that way they aren't "behind"; if other groups get ahead and finish early that means you have an extra TV. You should only lose the time of N sets, where N is the amount of matches that cannot be played simultaneously at the end of pools, which should never be more than the time of one, occasionally two, sets.

That's never much of a big deal because that time is often spent making singles bracket or next round of pools. Having two rounds of pools will cause some time delay, but Chi shouldn't lose an hour unless he lets the doubles players slack off.

No you misunderstand OS.

The allocated time for pools is affected by running the last rounds of Doubles at the same time. Especially for like people who come from LF they can really hold up the pools.

I see two ways of handling this:

One way is to make everyone that's still left in doubles play their pools FIRST. That way the entire 2nd wave of pools time can be used to finish doubles.

The other way is to have running them side by side, but you have to make sure 2 things happen:

1.) Everyone who's left in doubles need to be split evenly between first and second wave.
EDIT: Actually it might be better if everyone in winner's play first wave, loser's play 2nd wave pools. That way the winners might have to play one match and get to play pools, while the losers can duke it out and play their pools once they get eliminated. But if a team from loser's make it to GF that could delay things alot.
2.) LF/GF needs to happen after all members are finished with pools.

Either way your probably going to lose about an hour min Chi.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
OS, you and I both know that it won't work perfectly. People won't effecienty transition between doubles and singles, since all 4 players have to be free in order to play doubles. So, we are trying to figure out how we can limit the friction between doubles and single's pools.

Honestly the least headache imo would be for everyone in doubles to play pools first wave ASAP, let them all play consecutive games. Then finish off first round pools while allowing open TVS for doubles. The problem is there may be more people in doubles than the half the number of pools. In loser's alone you have 8 teams with 2 teams in WF, which is a total of 24 people. Unless all 24 people can be fit into 16 pools, some of those people will have to play 2nd wave. In which case the extra 8 people should be from winners, since losers have to play more matches.

Wait, were we going with 24 pools of 4?

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't want to transition from teams grand finals and singles pools. I mean, it should be a quick 3-0 victory in GF for the Men in Black though, so really all this talk is unnecessary.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, can I get price quotes and size estimates on these?

The first would be $5 or under and would likely be around the size of the FF6 sprites shown previously.

The second one would be freaking huge and I wouldn't have time to do it; it'd be over $50 for sure anyway though. It's over 10k beads o_o

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hooooly sheet music.

Ok, will pick a different one for the second one. Put me down for the first.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Kass will get mindtrolled by Roller and the rest of MI.
Well it's not like I've never beaten MI players before. I've beaten tech chase, Gio, and Roller the last time I played them. That was awhile ago and I have lost to them before, Ive also been playing hella marvel.

Lmao xD I have been mind trolled before by several people in smash and lots of trolls have made me cry before but I am a stronger person from it.

I honestly don't care about what other players think of me at this point, I've already proven myself in this game by beating the people who **** talked me in the past. Everything is fine now, but I couldnt give two ****s about what you say excel because you always say you're going to quit the game every other week, so I know you're extremely negative and not happy with yourself in this game so I guess your negativity should be expected at this point.

One reason I would be hesitant to play in crews is that I honestly don't play smash much anymore, I spend my time practicing zero combos or kanji stuff in persona when I get a chance, so I know I'm not as decent as i used to be, and I'd hate to bring the crew down or cause an unnecessary lose for them on my part. But if KY wants me, I'll definately try my best, I just can't guarantee how that will go. XD hahaha

:phone:

One reason I would be hesitant to play in crews is that I honestly don't play smash much anymore, I spend my time practicing zero combos or kanji stuff in persona when I get a chance, so I know I'm not as decent as i used to be, and I'd hate to bring the crew down or cause an unnecessary lose for them on my part. But if KY wants me, I'll definately try my best, I just can't guarantee how that will go. XD hahaha

P4:a?

Ps3 or 360?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The first would be $5 or under and would likely be around the size of the FF6 sprites shown previously.

The second one would be freaking huge and I wouldn't have time to do it; it'd be over $50 for sure anyway though. It's over 10k beads o_o
Ok, so including Josh (first one):

How about these? (Cost and Size)

Edit: No Shadows, please.

Also, are these about keychain size? I couldn't find a good scale comparison with the FF6 ones in it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ok, so including Josh (first one):

How about these? (Cost and Size)

Edit: No Shadows, please.

Also, are these about keychain size? I couldn't find a good scale comparison with the FF6 ones in it.
These are not keychain size; keychain size isn't really possible.

To give you an idea on size, they would be somewhere around the FF6 sprite sizes.

I'd be able to do the entire set of 4 for $30; the 2nd two are a bit over twice the size of the first two.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Needs more Arcana.

Silver, we will play some AE.

Tako, Yomi MMs apparently. I want my runback for the dollar I lost in Jaina/DeGrey.

clowsui

Smash Legend
dude degrey is ****ing lame. all of you suck

btw tako 6*2 = 12 lmao you're a ****ing noob. if you start before LQF, that means at most 6 teams are left (1-5)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
So wtf r u going to do Chi? U got 12 people in doubles at LQF. 4 teams of 8 people in losers, plus 2 teams of 4 people in WF.

EDIT: IDK why i keep thinking each team has 4 people.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Regarding running Doubles LF and Doubles GF during pools, the key point is that we're running waves. If we start half of the pools (eight of the sixteen) when LF is taking place, there will be six players left in Doubles. That's, at most, six pools that may see problems if we were to start them at this point in time. If we start eight waves that don't have any of these players in them when Doubles LF starts, the pools that have the six players in them will merely be a part of wave two. We won't be able to start pools too early, but it will be our best route to prevent bottlenecks. Open to suggestions, though.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
So if 12 people are left in doubles, make them all play first wave, even if all of them are in unique pools they can still fit in the first wave. Make them play their matches first, then run doubles without having to worry about them going to play their pools matches.

EDIT: OK IT SEEMS THAT WE NEED CONSENSUS ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LEFT. LQF should have 2 matches, with 4 loser teams. They play until one loser team is left. Then that team plays the loser of WF for LF. So 6 teams are left, with 12 people total.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
dude degrey is ****ing lame. all of you suck

btw tako 6*2 = 12 lmao you're a ****ing noob. if you start before LQF, that means at most 6 teams are left (1-5)
Don't you play Panda? Get the **** out, lol.

I guess Ryker wants to run into bubble shield and more bubble shield. Maybe someone will make me feel like I have to play 'Suki. I doubt it, though. Razzy probably has the best shot, tbh.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Basically the opposite of what I'm seeing you suggest, Tako. Unless I'm reading it wrong, you're saying to play doubles up to near the end, have the people who are still in doubles instead play pools as Wave 1, and then have the other group, those that weren't still in doubles, play as Wave 2. The only difference between this and my suggestion, from what I can see, is that a lot of people aren't going to want to switch back and forth between playing singles and doubles. And why should they, when the other option gives similar results (regarding time) and doesn't force them to.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The problem that we're running into is that doubles players have to also play pools simultaneously. If you have them play pools first and doubles later we can circumvent the issue, the only issue now is setups.

Your suggestion only limits the problem to 6 players, but may start doubles earlier than my suggestion. The question is which takes more time? One wave of Pools or LQF -> GF of doubles?

Also your going to save alot of time headhunting for people when all the doubles people are done with pools.

EDIT: Wait wait wait, let me back up. Hilt in your suggestion when is pools starting in relation to doubles? Cause on Chi's sheet Pools start at the same time LQF is scheduled, on your schedule it looks like LF.

This is what I imagine.

2:35 LQF/WF is ready in doubles. Stop Doubles. Call Wave 1 pools with all 12 people in doubles within wave 1 pools. Have those 12 people play ASAP. Begin doubles as Wave 1 is winding down. Begin wave 2 pools parallel to doubles.

Kee

Smash Rookie
Just letting you guys know that I am going and bringing a full setup unless we run out of room in the van or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom