• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Lain texted me today about practicing for this. So I guess there's a decent chance he'll go. Obviously not higher than 50-50, but yeah.

Zinoto, Lain, Roller, Gio, Tech, LOE1

Would probably be my pick for the 6.

With WTP or Leaf being added if one of them doesn't go. WTP WOULD be in regardless based off skill, but he is notoriously bad in crew battles. And Leaf is ~LOE1 level and a pika is a good asset to have in a crew battle.

KY should probably be something along the lines of..

Judo, Kero, Mr. Eric, Ralph, Shadow Phoenix, Kass

Soldier2 or Forwardair as alts encase someone doesn't show.
Winner faces the God Kais in a crew battle to be destroyed in.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Lain texted me today about practicing for this. So I guess there's a decent chance he'll go. Obviously not higher than 50-50, but yeah.

Zinoto, Lain, Roller, Gio, Tech, LOE1

Would probably be my pick for the 6.

With WTP or Leaf being added if one of them doesn't go. WTP WOULD be in regardless based off skill, but he is notoriously bad in crew battles. And Leaf is ~LOE1 level and a pika is a good asset to have in a crew battle.

KY should probably be something along the lines of..

Judo, Kero, Mr. Eric, Ralph, Shadow Phoenix, Kass

Soldier2 or Forwardair as alts encase someone doesn't show.
MI lineup seems legit. Assuming Lain goes. And LOE1.

If WTP doesn't want to enter for w/e reason, I'd consider Kee. A good Oli can't hurt, much.like a good Pikachu.

Then again, I'd prefer to not get my hopes up. KY will.probably just back out again.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll play against all of MI, my stocks vs. theirs, but I get to pick the stage and my character after every other person picks their character. On timeout, both players lose one stock simultaneously until there is a winner. I change characters inbetween matches. No one can pick Meta Knight.

ZTD | TECHnology

The state of KY made a claim they'd body us in a crew battle over a year ago. And several of them keep ducking out of the battle, making it pointless /impossible for the remaining few to do so. Now is as good as time as any for them to show us, what they've got. OS, you're sexy but MI demands a full.crew battle.

:denzel:

#nothittingonOS

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll take anyone on.

I won't have any regrets if I fail. I just wanna fight and get to know more players. That's my main plan at this event.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The state of KY made a claim they'd body us in a crew battle over a year ago. And several of them keep ducking out of the battle, making it pointless /impossible for the remaining few to do so. Now is as good as time as any for them to show us, what they've got. OS, you're sexy but MI demands a full.crew battle.

:denzel:

#nothittingonOS
and now you dodge me. The circle is complete.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Any word on space in hotels? I should have a car of four or five (myself included), and if there are two not-especially-populated rooms, we'd be happy to split up and split the price with people.

If not, it's whatever. Just scoping out our options.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
What time does dubs start? I'm peacing after that.

Also KY sucks and the only people that would do **** in the crew battle are Kel, Judo, Ralph and Mister Eric.

The rest of Lexington needs to stop kidding themselves.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Chill out killer, you're jaded or whatever we get it but you don't need to take it out on everyone.
I'm only speaking the truth. The top 3 in MI would consistently give KY the hands. The best possible line-up would be Kel, Judo, Ralph, Mister Eric, Joey, SP, Kass, Smile, S2 and Kero.

Realistically speaking, the only ones that would cause a dent would be the first 5 people. Kero isn't beating MI, his character gets buttcheeked by MI. SP's MK isn't beating MI ICs. Kass will get mindtrolled by Roller and the rest of MI. Smile's Diddy doesn't come close to any MI Diddy and S2 plays DK, who is CP fodder.

The only reason I give Joey the nod is because he plays the CP game better than MI and has solid seconds for whatever MI throws at him, namely his own ICs. Outside of that, it's really just the first 4.

Jaded or not, I'm speaking my feelings on the matter.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ralph - Pretty solid, but MI's Snake experience (or even just WTP/Tech_Chase/Leaf assuming he has Razer exp) may be a large detriment to him. Use him early against the best matchup possible to see how much damage he can do.

Judo - If possible, use him against Zinoto. Both he and Kel may be necessary to take their number 1 player out.

Kel - Can certainly hold his own as expected. Use him as you see fit.

Mister Eric - If possible, save him for Lain/Roller to see if he can win or cause any significant damage; ICs are HUGE assets in a crew battle and any character that can avoid playing in their comfort zone is vital. Avoid throwing him in against WTP/Tech_Chase.

Joey - A wild card due to his variety. Use him as you see fit.

Kass - Should be designated clean-up against a matchup she's comfortable in.

MI clearly has the advantage, but with effective management and if everyone is playing sharp...an all out slaughter could possibly be avoided at the very least. Never know.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Ralph - Pretty solid, but MI's Snake experience (or even just WTP/Tech_Chase/Leaf assuming he has Razer exp) may be a large detriment to him. Use him early against the best matchup possible to see how much damage he can do.

Judo - If possible, use him against Zinoto. Both he and Kel may be necessary to take their number 1 player out.

Kel - Can certainly hold his own as expected. Use him as you see fit.

Mister Eric - If possible, save him for Lain/Roller to see if he can win or cause any significant damage; ICs are HUGE assets in a crew battle and any character that can avoid playing in their comfort zone is vital. Avoid throwing him in against WTP/Tech_Chase.

Joey - A wild card due to his variety. Use him as you see fit.

Kass - Should be designated clean-up against a matchup she's comfortable in.

MI clearly has the advantage, but with effective management and if everyone is playing sharp...an all out slaughter could possibly be avoided at the very least. Never know.
They would start Tech first and have him play Wario. Duh. D3 is too much of a liability on point in a crew battle. D3 works midgame as a CP. So if they wanted to CP, they'd run WTP first and then Tech 2nd.

KY chars < MI chars. MI plays nothing but KY CPs. Wario/D3/Diddy/Falco/ICs/MK vs Sheik+Snake/Marth+MK/Snake/MK+Peach/DK/MK/Olimar/Diddy/:random:

MI +2s KY solidly.

The only reason it's not murder is because Kel will legitimately put the team on his back and play gayer than most of MI can handle.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ Excel - You do realize Kel will most likely be going Marth, don't you? Not to discredit it or anything, his Marth is quite good...but the character itself doesn't possess the same "play gay" capabilities as the bat. Again assuming he wouldn't just pick the bat anyway.

Why the hell would they have Tech play his secondary (especially on point) when his best use would be against Mister Eric, against Ralph, or as a designated clean-up player in general with his more seasoned main? D3 is not a detriment if selected at an opportune moment, which is what they would do with him if it becomes necessary. I know the CP game son, I've fought a lot of MI and a good number of KY - not talking out of my *** lol. I bet Tech would agree that he'd want to stomp some heads with his main anyway.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
@ Excel - You do realize Kel will most likely be going Marth, don't you? Not to discredit it or anything, his Marth is quite good...but the character itself doesn't possess the same "play gay" capabilities as the bat. Again assuming he wouldn't just pick the bat anyway.

Why the hell would they have Tech play his secondary (especially on point) when his best use would be against Mister Eric, against Ralph, or as a designated clean-up player in general with his more seasoned main? D3 is not a detriment if selected at an opportune moment, which is what they would do with him if it becomes necessary. I know the CP game son, I've fought a lot of MI and a good number of KY - not talking out of my *** lol. I bet Tech would agree that he'd want to stomp some heads with his main anyway.
Because D3 is a MU that KY comfortable with and Wario isn't. Wario can poke and camp for farts. I have more faith in Tech's Wario in this hypothetical crew battle than his D3, solely because of the amount of Tako exposure that KY has had. I'm not talking out of my *** here either. While D3 may be a better choice for one character, Wario is better overall due to his longevity and KY's unfamiliarity with the MU from a more experienced player. The only Wario around here is TTar. TTar is not Tech level.

I'm sure he could hold his own against KY as D3, it's just a lot easier to blow them over with a MU that isn't seen too often in these parts.

clowsui

Smash Legend
PLEASE DO NOT GET ON MY CASE ABOUT EACH ROUND OF SINGLES BEING 25 MINUTES/POOLS TAKING SO LONG. IT IS WAY SAFER TO PLAN WITH 25 MINUTE ESTIMATES ESPECIALLY SINCE SMASHERS ARE ****ING AWFUL ABOUT BREAKS. SERIOUSLY, GO **** YOURSELVES WITH A TOOTHBRUSH IF YOU'RE GOING TO GRIPE ABOUT MY CALCULATIONS - BECAUSE I GUARANTEE THAT MOST OF YOU WHO DO ALSO ARE THE ONES WHO DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO TIME.

RETRIBUTION SCHEDULE

10:00 – 11:30 Setup/Registration
11:30 – 12:00 Doubles Bracket Creation
12:00 - 12:05 Announcements
12:05 – 12:30 Doubles WBR1
12:30 – 12:55 Doubles WBR2/LBR1
12:55 – 1:20 Doubles WBR3/LBR2
1:20 – 1:45 Doubles WSF1/LBR3
1:45 – 2:10 Doubles WSF2/LBR4
2:10 – 2:35 Doubles LBR5
------
2:35 – 4:00 Singles Pools Wave 1
4:00 – 6:25 Singles Pools Wave 2
------
2:35 – 3:15 Doubles LQF/LSF/WF
3:15 – 3:55 Doubles LF
3:55 – 5:25 Doubles GF
--
6:25 – 7:00 Singles Bracket Adjustment/Fantasy Bracket Entry Period
**ZINO VS P-1 MM HAPPENS HERE**
7:00 – 7:25 48-Man Bracket Singles WBR1
7:25 – 7:50 WBR2
7:50 – 8:15 LBR2
8:15 – 8:40 WBR3/LBR3
8:15 – 8:40 WQFTop/LBR4
8:40 – 9:05 WQFBot/LBR5
9:05 – 9:30 WSF1/LBR6
9:30 – 9:55 WSF2/LBR7
9:55 – 10:35 WF/LQF/LSF
10:35 – 11:15 LF
11:15 – 12:35 GF

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Yo Excel, if you're going to be so goddamn negative about this thing, just don't contribute, please. It's not helping the situation at all. I honestly don't know if we'll win or not, but regardless, being so goddamn whiny about the whole thing just makes everyone feel bad about it. So just stop, please.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yo Excel, if you're going to be so goddamn negative about this thing, just don't contribute, please. It's not helping the situation at all. I honestly don't know if we'll win or not, but regardless, being so goddamn whiny about the whole thing just makes everyone feel bad about it. So just stop, please.
There's not a whine anywhere in there. It's my legitimate post on how...

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Crew battles will not happen.

Chi my biggest gripe in the timeline is here:

3:15 – 3:55 Doubles LF
3:55 – 5:25 Doubles GF

Like we are going to spend over 2 hours playing 2 matches? Something needs to move parallel while this is going on.

EDIT: Nvm I see you running pools parallel, that might affect the length of pools drastically though. Gotta keep an eye on that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How well do they work as key chains if you have a small sprite?
The smallest I have made have been pac man ghosts or the original mario, and they are a bit too big for a keychain. The beads themselves are just too big.

I mean maybe a zelda heart, but that's about it.

ZTD | TECHnology

You...understand me . Lol

My Wario would just get *** ***** by Judo or Kel anyway lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom