• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close this please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VENOIYI

Smash Rookie
ICs are so noob..used by kids who sit at their computer watching youtube walkthroughs on how to chaingrab..none (almost none) of them actually made their own combos and practised hard to get their skill up.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
ICs are so noob..used by kids who sit at their computer watching youtube walkthroughs on how to chaingrab..none (almost none) of them actually made their own combos and practised hard to get their skill up.
Lol now thats funny :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I hate to see people discriminate against others because of their join date.

All it does is make TGM look like a ****ing moron.

I'm not an IC user (Actually, I dislike them so much I never use them) so I cant really say anyhig about their CG, but best of luck to you IC users possibly getting this un-banned)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
This thread needs to go down, since I'm not going to ban this stuff at my tournament, therefore IT'S NOT BANNED IN TEXAS.

And like XYRO SAID, he's restricting grabbing to 3 grabs at a time.

Silly noobs, Brawl has no AT's. Chain grabbing in Melee took some actual skill.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
ONE PERSON, decided that since I won the last tournament, IC chaingrabs are banned now. I am using my wii and can't really type out a good counter argument. Also, I only used ICs a total of 5 matches the entire tournament.

This is soooo stupid. Help me out guys. Go to the southwest forums and go to the Houston Thread.

This is absurd.
IC chaingrab is absurd. Seriously, once IC grab someone you can just chaingrab to the edge and then spike throw. If that's not absurd, then I don't know what is.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Xyro is a ***got. Lol.
Nice job proving the point that 07-08 members are ********. Have a cookie

IC chaingrab is absurd. Seriously, once IC grab someone you can just chaingrab to the edge and then spike throw. If that's not absurd, then I don't know what is.
There are no spikes in brawl. You can cancel them. Oh and don't get grabbed.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
why would that be banned?
i dont completeley understand the reasoning
but i have one question.was marths infintie grab
on lucas and ness banned.if not then this is probably
because someone thinks since you get into a grab its your
fault , but with that mentality you should try to paly in a tourney
and use ness/lucas or ice climbers without there "chain grab"(notice how i didnt say infinite)

Mr.C

Smash Master
Why are people posting in this thread asking for counter arguments? You probably don't even care if the ICG is banned or not, you just come on the boards clicking refresh every 15 seconds waiting to argue with something you have no clue what you are talking about. That's just ********. If he wants to limit the amount of grabs a player can do to three at HIS tournament then so ****ing be it.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Why are people posting in this thread asking for counter arguments? You probably don't even care if the ICG is banned or not, you just come on the boards clicking refresh every 15 seconds waiting to argue with something you have no clue what you are talking about. That's just ********. If he wants to limit the amount of grabs a player can do to three at HIS tournament then so ****ing be it.

Haha, funny stuff.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Who hired a comedian to come in here?

Anyways, if what you said was true, then why is it that Hylian and I both still can infinite with the 3 grab rule by comming up with stuff ourselves (and both of us use different ways)?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K so its banned and shouldn't be woot what else can you say about it ether change it keep it. How much more *****ing can you do about it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You obviously dont now what a sterotypical texan is. but no matter what, my state is bigger than yours, WAHAHAHAHHAHHA.
Obnoxious, arrogant, uneducated, unGodly stubborn, usually bigots, wear freakishly huge belt buckles, boots with spurs, and 5 gallon hats, drive pick-up trucks, and are able to eat retardedly large portions of steak. :laugh:

Really, the only reason I came into this thread is because the Ice Climbers are one of the four characters I use when I'm playing "seriously" and I believe chain grabs are a very important part of their game. The title was very misleading and I thought this was dictated by the Smash Bros Jedi Council (or whoever makes decisions about what is and isn't allowed in competitive smash tournaments :laugh:) and was going to spread to the other states which would have sucked because my first tournament is in two weeks. Obviously, no one wants to have their options limited when it comes to characters they are best with. Oh well... By the way, has this whole thing been resolved yet?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The resolution is totally refuse to ever go to this guy's tourneys and make new ones.

I dunno why he had to make a thread about it, other than the fact that he's a troll.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The resolution is totally refuse to ever go to this guy's tourneys and make new ones.

I dunno why he had to make a thread about it, other than the fact that he's a troll.
Hylian's not a troll, he's the texas M2K when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill. However leaving the title as it is a bit misleading since it's more like they're trying to limit IC chaingrabs.

I still respect Xyro, just I think it's way too early to be doing this stuff. There IS other tournaments in Texas so please don't think the whole state is going along with it.

Hey mods, please close this thing already.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice

Hey, you're 08 is showing.

Xyro77 DIDN'T make this thread. Hylian did (if you'd bothered to so much as check the first post before making yourself look lazy and ignorant). So go blame him for his misleading-ness. If you go back a few pages Xyro77 already asked that this argument be brought to a conclusion because it's accomplishing nothing except that it's continuing to mislead people.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is stupid.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MR.C,Dugfin. thanks for trying to help. but 07-08s cant be fixed. They are the cancer of SWF.

PLZ CLOSE THREAD

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
I think the problem is the influence and importance this tournament can hold, and more influential members are trying to sway him to prevent stagnation, even the smallest bit. If it were some small tournament I held at a local arcade no one would care, this is a big tournament experienced members don't want this to be something that leads to much more banning or rules based on personal backwards logic.

I don't think people would have flamed xyro as badly had he not been so rude himself, you usually get what you give. A good number of his posts are just as simple as "07-08 members". Xyro please listen to what other influential smash members have to say, you only ****** yourself further by closing your ears to new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom