• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close this please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ONE PERSON, decided that since I won the last tournament, IC chaingrabs are banned now. I am using my wii and can't really type out a good counter argument. Also, I only used ICs a total of 5 matches the entire tournament.

This is soooo stupid. Help me out guys. Go to the southwest forums and go to the Houston Thread.

This is absurd.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
TGM semi banned it in Houston. I have posted in the Houston Thread about how this banning is a silly idea. You got my support Hylian :)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
In Soviet Russia, Ice Climbers chain grab bans you!

Can you get this guy to ban the Marth chain grab on Ness and Lucas too? I'm sure all the Texan Ness and Lucas players will love that.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys guys. im not th bad guy. its my simple opinion. im trying to stop the train wreck before it happens.

acv

Smash Journeyman
i dont think they should get banned.just semibanned as to not make ICs cg as broken

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
wait there is a huge problem here...

which chaingrabs????

just the dthrow, or dthrow to fair, or are you talking the infinites???

but you shouldn't ban any of it, really good ics still loose to certain characters even with all of the cg's and ig's. does anyone in texas play diddy kong???

D

Deleted member

guys guys. im not th bad guy. its my simple opinion. im trying to stop the train wreck before it happens.
you are obviously failing

If you start banning AT's then you are killing brawl even faster

br4n

Smash Apprentice
yea wow this is lame, you put in the time to learn the tech, you should be able to use it. people banning this are scrubs that dont understand 'play to win'

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I can respect that. People may not agree right now, but I feel you're getting a head start on what will eventually become the norm. Brawl's still shiny and new, but after the first year or so people will finally start getting sick of the infinite chain grabs (Not just Ice Climbers, but also the infinates against Ness and Lucas to be fair) and begin cracking down on 'em.

Stick with it. The Ice Climbers are great characters even without infinate chaingrabbing; we can take the hit.

Edit: Scratch that. I just browsed over the thread that Hylian pointed to and, well, I'm really not positive what Xyro is thinking.

Marth infinite ness and lucas?!?!?! Lets get real, how many ness/lucas do u see at tournies? Out of the 30 Pits, 75 Metaknights, and 4.6 billion Snakes at each tournies.....u will get 2 ness and 3 lucas.....It only works on them, this tech wont make people main marth just for that tech. However people will main IC to infinite EVERY character.
I still don't agree with chaingrabs like the one the Ice Climbers use, I'd still like to see them get limited. But I also don't agree with the way Xyro's going about it. As the above quotation shows, it's difficult not to see the hypocrisy in his logic. I had previously thought he was fighting for fairness and balance in the game, though now I'm not so sure. :/

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I just think it's strange how this happened all of a sudden lol, before last tournament hylian using your IC's was no problem. and you still placed =/

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who thinks this isn't absolutely ridiculous is wrong. You should be able to use any move the game allows you to. If someone thinks its cheap, blame it on the developer. ArkiveZero is right, this will be the beginning of the death of brawl. The next step will be using advanced techniques on avoiding getting grabbed. NO CHARACTER OR TECHNIQUE SHOULD EVER BE BANNED!

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
easy wins?!?!?! go try and infinite a good snake, let alone grab a good meta.....then you'll see how 'easy' it is....prolly 2 of the hardest characters to CG, are the most used characters AND the best counters to IC

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
That only means one thing: Texas will suck *** compared to the rest of the USA.

Im sad for you Hylian, and the other Texas players (not only Texas IC mains, but all), because you guys wont have to worry about the IC chaingrabs, and whenever you go to a tourny out of state, you will get DESTROYED.

It makes me laugh how just one person just fuked up Texas Brawl scene. Texas players will get so destroyed in national tournies, or in any out of state for that matter.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That only means one thing: Texas will suck *** compared to the rest of the USA.

Im sad for you Hylian, and the other Texas players (not only Texas IC mains, but all), because you guys wont have to worry about the IC chaingrabs, and whenever you go to a tourny out of state, you will get DESTROYED.

It makes me laugh how just one person just fuked up Texas Brawl scene. Texas players will get so destroyed in national tournies, or in any out of state for that matter.
I won't. I practice and think about how to avoid stuff like that, and when I practice with friends, we don't ban anything that a national tournament would. I will still use IC's a ton because I want to use them at national tournaments. I do agree that the players not getting experience vs it will do horribly though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is hilarious. Have people complained to him about the chaingrabs, or did you just wreck him with ICs in brackets? Or maybe he has a personal vendetta against Nana.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is hilarious. Have people complained to him about the chaingrabs, or did you just wreck him with ICs in brackets? Or maybe he has a personal vendetta against Nana.
People complained to him about other chaingrabs, not even my IC's. I only used IC's in the grand finals of the tournament. I didn't even really use them that much. 5 games the entire tournament. 4 split between two sets in the grand finals (Which both went to 5 games) and 1 the very first match of the day. I beat him with GW in the brackets.

He is not listening to reason, and pretty much just destroyed any chance I have at practicing my IC's in tournament. I am still going to be winning and placing high in tournaments in texas. He just won't listen to anything.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
* wants hylian totake notice most responces are from 07 and 08 members*

the marth grabs on ness and lucas can be gotten out of. many people have already admitted this. and lets say(for the sake of argument) they couldnt. i can limit marths grabs to 3 as i did with the IC. i can limit dededes to 3 or 5. i can limit all grabs to 3. now that is chagning brawl drasticly, that truly will affect texas brawl. but if u limit ONE character(ic) and thats all.......it will not effect texas brawl as a whole. i know, i run 80% of all texas brawl events.

and to the rest of you, i do not run texas. i run houston,tx. brawl will not collaps if IC infini CG is banned. plz wake up.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Though I hate the ICs this in unfortunate to see. A much more reasonable solution would be to ban more then three throws. Oh well I guess.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
This is towards TGM. Banning the IC's CG's is seriously moronic. The IC's had much easier infinites in Melee that were allowed, so why ban an infinite that is woefully harder to perform? Tournaments are a competitive scene, not a daycare center for scrubs, haven't you ever read playing to win? You're seriously denting your reputation and credibility by doing this.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It looks like there is no changing his mind either. He won't listen to reason =/.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Even though I've spent 50+ hours practicing their grab combos... well...

Luckily for me, I think I've recently discovered a way to do chain grabbing with them without breaking his rules, and the only way to stop it from breaking his rules is to ban the grab combos against lucas and ness. And if nothing else, 3 grabs is all I need to build up enough dammage or to do a finnishing grab.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
What are you aiming at? Just because we're new to Smashboards we don't have an opinion, we can't make an informed decision or have a voice? Are you saying a persons worth can only be determined by their join date? Just because we're new doesn't mean we're ignorant of the Smash series; it simply means we're new to the community here.

Don't play the new member card; it's as pointless in a debate as playing the race card or the sex card. Instead of dismissing someone completely with "Oh, well, they're from 07/08 so they don't matter" counter their argument. Debate the issue, not the member.

Auroura

Smash Cadet
NNID
Auroura
I'm also new to smashboards community but I have to agree that banning their CG is just a bit ridiculous. I try to balance how often I use their grabs though and actually I'm not that good with the infinite ones with Back/Forward/Downthrows although I do take about an hour a day to work on it. I believe its possible to win without the chain grabs as I started maining them before I even knew they exist but that just makes it all the more difficult for IC mains in Texas. I fail to understand how DeDeDe's isn't banned though.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
i think the infinite is ridiculous, but shouldn't be banned

they should make it like wobbles where u can do it 2 or 3 times then u HAVE to get rid of them

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
If this is banned, then you should be prepared to ban alot of other things.

Fox's Wallshine
Dedede's various BS
Falco's Dthrow chain -> Dair
Marth's nonsense on Lucas and Ness
etc

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
with u on this one hylian, seeing im not a 07/08 smasher, i guess that makes my opinion matter(?)

join date doesnt matter....

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
I have actually been a member on smashboards since 2003 with a different account that for some odd reason never let me post and was broken. I don't know why but on my 5th account(this one) that I just made, it finally let me post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom