• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close, Please, and sticky the official tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
hey you can't make a tier list purly off of resultes, match-ups, players and etc.
What else is a tier list supposed to be based off of?

there are many more foxes/falcons than sheik players therefore falcon/fox has more chances to place high than sheik and falcon/fox have better eslules than sheik why is that because falcon is better or because there are few sheik players?
I don't recall seeing falcon place at the very top in many national tournaments, if at any. Shiek has done it plenty of times.

Take this example, if hundreds of players started maining bowser, they couldn't just outrank shiek due to sheer numbers. Tons of people play fox, but they are largely successful with him because he is a good character, not because he is popular.

@KAOSTAR I'll go look up some results-I have seen taj do very well in tournies

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
personally i think shiek/marth aren't as good as fox/falco/puff, but above peach and falcon.

Did you know that young link is top tier in cambodia? They have different play styles over there, so the tier list is completely different from ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUPrS3TJT0
that's crazy. do they still play there? this video is pretty old.

more info on this would be ****

TheGoat

Smash Ace
More minor edits:

Better?
I completely agree with this

other than MAYBE Dk above Link as well

maybe
Yeah, I'm thinking DK either on par with or above link. He has a lot of combo potential against spacies and other fast fallers.

Above yl being above mewtwo: Is there a rationale, or is it just hogwash?
I'm working off of this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374
Mewtwo placing 17th place in Apex. I haven't seen young link doing anywhere near as good in big tournaments like this. Of course tournament results aren't the only way to make a tier list, but that says a lot about mewtwo's potential.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
That says a lot about Taj... Not Mewtwo.
Actually, it says a lot about mewtwo, not just about Taj. It doesn't matter if just one person has played mewtwo so well, it's the fact that this one person has proven that Mewtwo is good enough of a character to have tournament potential.
It doesn't matter if one person wins a tournament with a character, or if 100 people do. The fact that mewtwo did that well still stands. It's not like Taj hacked the game and entered ssbm as himself; it was just the character mewtwo that was playing. Now, if 100 people placed well in tournaments as mewtwo, that would mean mewtwo is even better. But it's just one person, and it's much better than anybody has done with young link.

If only Taj won all the national tournaments as mewtwo, would mewtwo still be at the bottom of the tier list?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If one person does amazing as that one charcter you could expect a SMALL boost but there are a fair amount of great m2 players for a low tier lori is amazing.

also mangocan beat anyone with about anybody. a single person can't do to much to the tier placement. m2 should be higher for a nimber of reasons better players, can place decently at large tournments, options, recovery, and etc. stuff ness lacks.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
If one person does amazing as that one charcter you could expect a SMALL boost but there are a fair amount of great m2 players for a low tier lori is amazing.

also mangocan beat anyone with about anybody. a single person can't do to much to the tier placement. m2 should be higher for a nimber of reasons better players, can place decently at large tournments, options, recovery, and etc. stuff ness lacks.
Yup, and considering I have yet to see a legitimate argument in young links' favor, I suggest mewtwo be placed above him. Probably on par with/above zelda as well, but I'll have to look into that too (all the zelda fans are hating me right now).

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
after careful consideration. I get this

Top-
Fox/Falco/Jiggs
Sheik/Marth

High-
Peach/CF/ICs

Mid-
Samus/Ganon/Doc
Mario/Luigi/Pika
Dk/Link
Zelda/Ylink

Low-
Mewtwo
G&W/Yoshi/Roy
Ness/Bowser
Kirby/Pichu

The slashes are just temporary. cahracters can be switched within those rows, but i dont think they should go up or down EXCEPT in the top tier, which is too close to call. The top tier chars are all soo good and so close to each other its almost impossible to tell who is the best, considering they all can **** one another. most ppl say sheik and marth are just a bit below the rest, as do tourny results.

The high tier is composed of those who can still win in any regard they just require a bit more effort. Peach is a solid top here. shes almost top tier, CF and ICs are debatetable.

Mid tier ARE VIABLE but take the most effort to get real results. Ive expanded the mid tier quite a bit, taking into consideration that those chars have good representation and such. Samus is a solid top here tho. in fact i think the mid tier i have here, and the top tier are the closest to call in the game.

The low tier are easier to call but are all VERY close. Mewtwo is a solid top- ALMOST MID. Yoshi/roy/G&W is real close.
And i didnt make a bottom tier. no need. Ness/bowser/kirby/pichu are all basically even. really depends on the players, so somebody main them and make 'em look redic.

The main focuses of this tier list were the interchangeable top and mid tiers. those are where the lines are the most blurry. I also have another version that ill post if anyone cares(let me know). its a lot more specific and has more tiers instead of less. but for the sake of ties i just put up this one. tbh ppl that say there cant be ties are wrong...some chars tie. and thats that.

Geist

Smash Master
Yup, and considering I have yet to see a legitimate argument in young links' favor, I suggest mewtwo be placed above him. Probably on par with/above zelda as well, but I'll have to look into that too (all the zelda fans are hating me right now).
Playing devil's advocate here, but I'm not fully agreeing with determining tier list position off of 1) a single player and 2) the results of one tournament.
Taj is amazing, but just because he does amazing with mewtwo and no one is yet 'amazing' with young link doesn't automatically mean mewtwo is better. There just isn't a young link player of Taj's caliber out there who can push their character to their full potential, so 'potential' with low tiers is always a relative term.
Just look at Mango ... er Scorp with Mario. If he were to chose any other character, do you doubt he could have done as well with them instead?

cablepuff

Smash Ace
stop arguing jigglypuff is number one..

i mean pound4, genesis, pound 3, apex etc all the winners play jigglypuff in grand final when it counts the most....

i mean he/she it ***** almost everyone and goes even with fox and has small advantage on falco.

a.) n-air rest .
b.) miss grab rest.
c.) great air mobility etc....

plus not forget shes "need to be banned in team".. thus i purpose a new tier list.

TOO AWESOME
Jigglypuff

ALMOST AWESOME
Fox/Falco/

Pfff. and lame.
whatever don't matter.

if you can cite anyone *edit recently * edit beating hungrybox and/or mango with non jigglypuff character than my statement has fallacy, otherwise...it stands as flawless.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
stop arguing jigglypuff is number one..

i mean pound4, genesis, pound 3, apex etc all the winners play jigglypuff in grand final when it counts the most....

i mean he/she it ***** almost everyone and goes even with fox and has small advantage on falco.

a.) n-air rest .
b.) miss grab rest.
c.) great air mobility etc....

plus not forget shes "need to be banned in team".. thus i purpose a new tier list.

TOO AWESOME
Jigglypuff

ALMOST AWESOME
Fox/Falco/

Pfff. and lame.
whatever don't matter.

if you can cite anyone *edit recently * edit beating hungrybox and/or mango with non jigglypuff character than my statement has fallacy, otherwise...it stands as flawless.
worst post in history

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@fablepuff why wouldnt fox falco be just awesome?

using awesome as a control is dumb if you don't have any values at that point.

sheesh, kids these days.

also dr peepee beat hbox with falco. word on the street is mango beat hbox with spacies in a mm.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Puff is really good, but not to the point of being the Meta Knight of Melee. I mean she has some flaws that can affect tourney play like being so light and floaty so she can be KO'd easily, the range problems, etc.

rhan

Smash Hero
@fablepuff why wouldnt fox falco be just awesome?

using awesome as a control is dumb if you don't have any values at that point.

sheesh, kids these days.

also dr peepee beat hbox with falco. word on the street is mango beat hbox with spacies in a mm.
He said recent. I don't think HERB 3 is very recent... ish? I forget when that tourney was..

Unless he did it again at another tourney? O_O

PP is amazing. Too bad his part of the crew battle got corrupted.. Those matches were ****ing amazing. And now they are only memories...

Doc King

Smash Lord
Look, Puff, Fox, Falco, Sheik, and Marth all deserve to be in the Topest Tier, that's all i'm saying. (note that this isnt what I want the order to be)

Doc King

Smash Lord
He would probably beat your Pichu up pretty badly.

I have a question, is HBox the best player in the world?

cablepuff

Smash Ace
People I've lost to in tournament in the past year

Mango: Fox, Puff (Mario one match in crews on Yoshis)
M2K: Fox
Dr. PP: Falco
Colbol: Fox

i think thats it

I think that's it

this is exactly why fox and falco is almost awesome.... actually i need to reiterate my list...

fox is AWESOME . falco is almost awesome.

Dewky

Smash Cadet
i really agree with this tier list exept for shiek... and fox needs his own tier

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
i really agree with this tier list except for shiek... and fox needs his own tier
Fox isn't that cheap. It's not like MK vs Snake cause the rest of of the Top can go off on Fox. High can punish Fox well. And even Mid can be a CP against Fox.

...generally speaking.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
after careful consideration. I get this

Top-
Fox/Falco/Jiggs
Sheik/Marth

High-
Peach/CF/ICs

Mid-
Samus/Ganon/Doc
Mario/Luigi/Pika
Dk/Link
Zelda/Ylink

Low-
Mewtwo
G&W/Yoshi/Roy
Ness/Bowser
Kirby/Pichu
Pretty good, albeit slashes generalize and make it safe, but still good. However, I still think mewtwo is above young link. I simply have seen no reason why yl should be above mewtwo, and mewtwo has done much better in competitive play.

Anyway, why is doc so great? Does he actually place better than the other mario bros in tournaments? I think he should definitely be below ganon and samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom