• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close, Please, and sticky the official tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think saying a character is bad just because of there tier position is bull!

Even Middle Tiers are considered bad sometimes and I think that's not true with any1 in the game. It's how you play them that matters.

Like, Fox needs good reflex skills in order to be good and if someone lacks that, then Fox isn't considered the best for them or for any1 with bad reflexes. Tier list are basically tourney averages.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
you make rely on people not knowing what your going to do sometimes even if they know pichu about as well as you. that's why i side-b to mix it all up and make it near impossible to predict. another case there is no rule about not punching someone for wobbling during.

If you pretend they knew everything you'd NEVER take a risk.
When you play higher tiered, more commonly used characters than Pichu, it's safe to assume your opponent knows the matchup. Relying on your opponent's lack of research is not part of high competitive play.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Tier lists assume characters are playing at their full metagame potential.
also, saying a character is bad doesn't really mean as much based on tier.

its all relative and its just a ranking.

if top tier didn't exist then high tier would be the best. marth peach falcon didn't get any better.

you can't really tell how good a character is from the tier list. only that x characters are considered better or worse.

omnibus2

Smash Cadet
Alright, darn me for arriving late. Is this an official tier list?

I'm really suprised to see falco up where he is! Especially above marth.

And Jigglypuff has moved way the **** up. I guess he has done much better in tournaments, has his gameplay been developed recently? Also, I thought peach would have moved up, but I guess it is not the case.

If anybody knows exactly what happened with jigglypuff, and perhaps falco as well, I would really appreciate knowing-I watch tournament videos but I am not aware of any collective database with results or analysis or that sort of thing. Thanks to any feedback.

Also, about the slashes-I can't say I like them-the last tier list was great with the numbers-I mean, I can tell fox is generally a tad better than falco. I am a falco main, but fox is just generally faster, has better recovery, and better grabs. I don't mean to start up a debate about this, I just think breaking down the slashes in at least the top tier would be nice. But yeah, jigglo above marth, who would guess!

:psycho:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ask mango about jiggz.

cannot be beaten by any human.

but throw some alcohol his way lol.

then ask hungry box.

ask them what its like losing in tourney as puff.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
When you play higher tiered, more commonly used characters than Pichu, it's safe to assume your opponent knows the matchup. Relying on your opponent's lack of research is not part of high competitive play.
I've gone into details about pichu's side-B with my brother he knows how it works and how much proity it has and junk and how I can edge cancel it and how when i'm close in his face i'll hit him with it randomly. Same vs some other falco player I hit him with 4 side-Bs till he died it was the greatest thing ever.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I really don't get what makes Pichu so bad to the point where he's in a Tier of his own? I mean, Pichu can do things like the others can. I also think that Kirby is only useful for suicide KOs like Ganon in Brawl.

I'm also thinking we might not even get a Tier list, it's been way past it's due date. Or the list could just be delayed for a while.

rhan

Smash Hero
I really don't get what makes Pichu so bad to the point where he's in a Tier of his own? I mean, Pichu can do things like the others can. I also think that Kirby is only useful for suicide KOs like Ganon in Brawl.

I'm also thinking we might not even get a Tier list, it's been way past it's due date. Or the list could just be delayed for a while.
Post like these are the posts that make these boards a little less credible.

Have ou ever heard of "Roll Tier"? Pichu is pretty much just like Roll from MvC2. Useless.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu doesn't have a single useless move this isn't sheik we're talking about here.

really the only move that really comes lose to being near useless is dair and most people would call me out for that. I mean that's like the one move I don't use I normally use all of his move every match(depends on match-up like link's grab is near useless very puff but bombs/boomrangs can mean more in that match-up than very fox on YS but like wise grabs are more useful in that case.)

also pikachu wishes his duck avoided gaannon's grab/jab so easily.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Post like these are the posts that make these boards a little less credible.

Have ou ever heard of "Roll Tier"? Pichu is pretty much just like Roll from MvC2. Useless.
The thing is, he isn't useless at all. He's simply the worst character. I think people just have an addiction to saying characters are "garbage" and "useless".

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pichu doesn't have a single useless move this isn't sheik we're talking about here.

really the only move that really comes lose to being near useless is dair and most people would call me out for that. I mean that's like the one move I don't use I normally use all of his move every match(depends on match-up like link's grab is near useless very puff but bombs/boomrangs can mean more in that match-up than very fox on YS but like wise grabs are more useful in that case.)

also pikachu wishes his duck avoided gaannon's grab/jab so easily.
I think dair is coo.

but what do you use Dsmash for? I caught myself trying to fair to dsmash like pikachu but its not super effective

Doc King

Smash Lord
The thing with Pichu is that he's basically a rip off of Pika and no one mains or even bothers with him. So that's why Pichu is always considered the worst, garbage, etc.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's new for edge gaurd if they are coming straight up d-tilt lacks the proity at times. fair d-smash is nice at times like if they are over 50% and your on the edge and you land a fair(and isn't CCed) d-smash sends them off for edge gaurd. it's also pretty good vs sheik's up-b on stage prefered higher precents. it sends them downwards somewhat. also perfect up-B to d-smash avoids grabs/jabs and makes them WTF di.

maybe you could get it to work as a bait vs gannon like if you nair his sheild maybe you could d-smash you'd duck before he could grab and have inv. frames or d-smash his sheild he grabs miss and you grab.

also pikachu/pichus players can't play as the other they aren't rip offs totally.

rhan

Smash Hero
Trollllllinnnnn niiggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaz

Where's the new list? I heard Pichu wasn't going to be on it because it would be no reason to include trash.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
let's see whos good in this game fox, falco, puff, sheik and that's it's really I like playing as all of them but pichu is way funner.

also people fail to understand how serious I am for all my posts all of them are very serious but also equally unserious most of the time. but you cou;dn't say i'm unserious really.

omnibus2

Smash Cadet
I don't think we are going to be seeing much clarity on the lower tiers until some people start playing them seriously, like if someone were to host a low/bottom tier list game. I think that would also help answer a lot of debates.
Like, even if people want to play their high tier mains they can, but there needs to be some lower tier fighting to give the smash community an update.

T0MMY

Smash Master
pichu is better than MH and kirby I swear I hate T0mmy sometimes, he'll post about his results and how he was in finals with pichu and NEVER posts a link or a video. I want some form of solid proof.

so if you believe in him yeah pichu can in fact place i've heard him say he's placed high(like top 4) like 2 times within the year.
My Pichu is out of practice and rusty, I can only 4-stock Eggz instead of JV 5-stock him like back when I got Pichu up past Fox on the tier list. I'm bad, you don't want to see videos of a bad Pichu.

I don't like how Pichu was considered the best character in the game back when I'd beat Ken and Isai in 2v1's, he's the worst character and I don't want people getting player skill mixed up with character abilities. :laugh:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
That was a great post but I didn't like that post at all. one thing t0mmy is also right about is pichu takes a a lot of skill and we both know he's doing it wrong a common mistake he makes is he doesn't taunt enough or have enough mix-ups for his taunt partly because he uses his left hand to taunt slow walk taunt is high in pichu's metagame and it's hard to do it right without using your right hand to taunt.

caught up t0mmy the metagame took off without you :)

T0MMY

Smash Master
lol, I'm waiting for everyone's taunt meta game to catch up to me still after all these years.

Never saw anyone do the wind-up walk mindgame to F-Smash KO like I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom