• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cliché Thread: Best Film I've Ever Seen

Lovage

Smash Hero
HEY
watchmen wasnt that bad at all
and i went in with really low expectations because my brother said it was terrible (we're both fans of the comic)

bbb

Smash Champion
from what I've seen watchmen is a lot better than most adaptations, I'm still avoiding the movie though

Kira-

Smash Champion
HEY
watchmen wasnt that bad at all
and i went in with really low expectations because my brother said it was terrible (we're both fans of the comic)
whenever i go into movies with really low expectations (happens a lot), they oftentimes "aren't that bad"

except iron man
i hate to keep picking on it when there are so many other instances but **** that movie was terrible

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
can anyone recommend some good asian horror movies?
i just rewatched Shutter (2004, thai) and its reallllly good. awesome blend of creepy/scary, barely any gimicky "boo" scares, all crafted atmosphere. and a bat**** insane ending.
http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/shutter.php
ew
asian horror movies are god awful

Well I base this mostly off of American horror movies based on asian horror movies, such as the ring, grudge, etc. Ive seen a couple real asian horror movies and its the exact same thing.

Little kids, ghosts/demons/whatever that move at like 4 FPS with flashing lights or some bull****, Nonsensical storylines. Animals are usually involved, in the most ridiculous ways you can imagine (a kid was killed and his cat died attacking his murderer, then the spirit of the cat and boy mixed and made a demon................ srsly............).

But to be fair I hate most horror movies, because in most cases they are slashers where things pop out at you. Storyline optional
Best horror movies are along the lines of sixth sense or signs (Although Night's films have been getting progressively worse and worse...) but most people wouldn't even classify that as horror.

joeplicate

Smash Master
there was that one about the woman torturing the guy, I heard that was good

and emil, I think it's pretty dumb to base asian horror films off of their american remakes
everybody knows the ring was OK and the grudge was trash, and that they wore out their welcome after that
but that's like saying The Day the Earth Stood Still was awful because the keanu reeves remake was awful

________
but seriously, The Miracle Worker (Hellen Keller) is probably one of the best movies I've ever seen
I shed a tear

Lovage

Smash Hero
there was that one about the woman torturing the guy, I heard that was good

and emil, I think it's pretty dumb to base asian horror films off of their american remakes
everybody knows the ring was OK and the grudge was trash, and that they wore out their welcome after that
but that's like saying The Day the Earth Stood Still was awful because the keanu reeves remake was awful
i think you're thinking of the audition. looked pretty good, i think im going to watch it soon

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
my opinions arent based solely on american films, but more on the fact that the asian horror movies I have seen have VERY similar traits to american horror films based on other asian movies. And none of these movies were any good. Actually they were particularly bad.

I suppose I could watch the asian ring and grudge so you cant make that keanu reeves reference, but srsly..... I know they will be ****. Not that Im not open-minded to movies I havent seen before, but it's like deciding whether or not I should watch Bankok Dangerous. I know Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor and is in equally terrible movies, so Im going to assume Bangkok Dangerous is a ****ty movie. If I watch it and its good, more credit to the movie, but srsly........ (again)

joeplicate

Smash Master
ehhhh whatever, I'll give you that
Well I base this mostly off of American horror movies based on asian horror movies, such as the ring, grudge, etc.

Little kids, ghosts/demons/whatever that move at like 4 FPS with flashing lights or some bull****, Nonsensical storylines. Animals are usually involved, in the most ridiculous ways you can imagine (a kid was killed and his cat died attacking his murderer, then the spirit of the cat and boy mixed and made a demon................ srsly............).
although saying "this is an asian horror movie, so it's bad" isn't a fair assessment

I agree that "ringu" and the japanese grudge probably suck ****, even though I haven't seen them

and I also have very little faith in movies in general

Kira-

Smash Champion
although saying "this is an asian horror movie, so it's bad" isn't a fair assessment
true but everyone does that. "oh it's another Matthew McConaughey chick flick, i'm not going to think about it ever again", or "oh man another Seth Rogen film, it's going to be great no matter what"

it doesn't seem like asian horror movies differ very much to me, but i dislike the genre and have barely seen any lol so take that as you will

edit -
Full Metal Jacket *****
i've only seen the first half so far but it was brilliant

asob4

Smash Champion
observe and report is great
it shows a good representation of bipolar disorder and how it affects people

Top Bottom