• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cliché Thread: Best Film I've Ever Seen

BobbySiege

Smash Rookie
Scott Pilgrim and Walking Dead:

Comic > Screen

Watched Pirate Radio. It seemed like a bunch of non sequiturs tied together by a loose plot, but everyone in it was on point. 3/5

Kira-

Smash Champion
And the music. I think they did a good job selecting the music. The sound was a good fit for their image

debaser

Smash Lord
oh, word. beck did a good job of making mediocre music that rocked moderately for a band that was supposed to be kind of crappy.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
im not that into the walking dead, to be honest
maybe it'll get better if i get through this third episode

but holy **** some of these plotlines are like made for lifetime movie status

debaser

Smash Lord
haha, yeah. that's the reason I couldn't get into comics.

I'm really enjoying the show so far though, mostly because everything else provided by the show fills in any mediocrity in the story.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I just finished watching Skyline and I was impressed! I don't know why this movie is getting so many bad reviews! I went in expecting characters that are more stup!d than your average 'end of the world movie' characters! Acting wasn't too bad either! I liked Skyline!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Everyone needs to see The Fighter. ****ing awesome movie, insane acting and dialogue, the very best kind of film

CableCho57

Smash Lord
yeah it looked really good. And marky mark is toooo good

and people should go see tangled. that movie is surprisingly legit and hella funny

the king's speech was really great too. Quietly amazing with great acting from colin firth

Lovage

Smash Hero
i watched punch drunk love for the first time since i was 12

freaking love that movie

gonna have to watch boogie nights and magnolia later this week

CableCho57

Smash Lord
hmm so its worth watching? I was going to watch it today but ive heard mixed reviews

and I watch rabbit hole the other day and it was sooo good. its probably the most ive ever cried for a movie

Brian

Smash Journeyman
true grit was pretty badass except for the epilogue which felt kinda tacked on. it's good though, you're clearly WRONG about that.

green hornet was kinda mediocre. it's mildly entertaining, but i wouldn't go pay to see it in the theaters if i did it all over again.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
The Social Network is a better movie
I liked Inception more

ya dig? (I can go into detail if you're interested, I don't really like to post long opinions when they aren't really warranted)

---

some recommendations that are available on NETFLIX WATCH INSTANTLY (for those of you that have that access).

BLACK DYNAMITE - Movie made recently in the style of old blaxploitation movies. Really funny from start to finish. For fans of: Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, black people. Deep Norcal (specifically Joe/Sheridan/Fartass) should watch this.

EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP - Documentary about the street art world. About 2/3 of the way through it takes a turn I didn't see coming. Directed by Banksy, but almost all the footage was shot by this rather odd frenchman. I don't want to say too much about it because I felt like not knowing anything going in really helped my enjoyment. For fans of: documentaries, street art/graffiti, Banksy

DARKON (shoutouts to Jun) - Documentary about Live Action Role Playing (like, dressing up like knights and using foam swords to attack eac other). Probably the most impressive thing about the film is that it doesn't try to play things up for laughs or poke fun at the nerds. You probably will laugh at them anyways, but the film makers treat people with respect, showing them as they are. Plus, there's a dude that looks kinda like Mike Haze when he was fat (if mike haze was whiter and fatter).

--

As a semi-New Years Resolution, I decided to try and watch 365 movies from start to finish in the year 2011. Here's an update, because I am at my parents house and bored and I don't know anyone that is in Santa Cruz right now pretty much.

Over 21 days I have watched:
35 total movies
31 unique movies watched
19 movies for the first time
1 movie in a theater
Most watched movie so far: The Dark Knight, 3 times
Other movies watched more than once: Darkon, 2 times

I'm setting a good pace. I think I'll probably watch two movies today, maybe three if I go see one in theaters with my family.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
same for me dude, social network was better but i liked inception much more
I finally got around to seeing that ryan reynolds film, buried which was hella awesome. people need to answer their phones haha

and I think imma finally watch exit through the gift shop. its been on my instant queue for a while and my sister's been telling me to watch it for the longest time

Brian

Smash Journeyman
Definitely watch it. It's a fun, fascinating ride. (I'm also interested in the 'street art' world, my roommate is a burgeoning artist so I can relate to it somewhat. But, I don't think you need to know anything about it to enjoy it, and I'm assuming most people have seen a Banksy piece before by now, even if they don't know it. Running on my sentences like Ben Johnson, gatdam.)

My roommate really liked Buried and I generally agree with his tastes. It's a cool concept and Ryan Reynolds is oh so dreamy. I'll have to watch it sometime.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I finally saw The Social Network

!@#& &^*% there was not a single time in that entire film where I was bored. The movie was just incredible, the script was fantastic

As far as acting performances go, the main character's friend Eduardo was top tier. Scenes where he nailed the part include when his crazy gf sets his bed on fire, when he gets accused of animal cruelty, when he gets fired. Justin timberlake and Jesse Eisenberg were serviceable, i felt that eisenberg in particular didn't do anything that anyone else couldn't have done except for the fact that he looks the part quite well but regardless there weren't any glaringly bad performances at all. and of course the twins were great, great characters and acted well

i'd see it again

Brian

Smash Journeyman
I think you might be underrating Eisenberg's performance because it's so 'in his wheelhouse'. Or maybe I'm overrating it because I usually hate his performances and this one he toned down he mannerisms and played it more straight. It's really good, I kinda wanna get the Blu-Ray and watch it in HD.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah i need to find more good stuff on netflix instant watch

i think i'm gonna watch the banksey movie tonight

brian you should check out the secret of kells if you havn't already, it's on netflix

edit: this french guys an ******* haha

Brian

Smash Journeyman
yeah i need to find more good stuff on netflix instant watch

i think i'm gonna watch the banksey movie tonight

brian you should check out the secret of kells if you havn't already, it's on netflix

edit: this french guys an ******* haha
ive been getting a ****ton of mileage out of darkon. i watched it 4 times now, each time showing someone new the flick. it's hilarious and intriguing. definitely check it out!!!

ill have to check out the secret of kells. i think it's in my queue already.

Top Bottom