• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX...I was right there when that guy started flipping out in your doubles set when he threw his controller hahahaha
Oh I remember that! He was so salty cause he messed up or something

But I was thinking along the lines of no more riot starting

-GDX , co-creator of "money back"

Palpi

Smash Hero
Actually it was because your partners controller stopped working mid match and you reset the game when they were winning! <3

something along those lines

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea...that does sound more accurate. I think we offered to give them the win after we won that game and take it to game 3 but they still didn't want it

O well. Philly cheesesteak here i come

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The walk to the Philly cheese steak place is going to be so sweeet!!

Hopefully we'll be considered an angry mob again!!

M@v

Subarashii!
COT4 was my first national tournament(didnt enter melee tourneys). Besides the not so good ending, it was fun. Besides we've learned a lot since then.

Regardless, we need to get D1 here and do a money back dance in remembrance.

Keitaro

Not so good?? That was one of the most epic things that happened in my life lol!! Theoretically it wasn't good though, but if it happened again id be so hyped!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Not so good?? That was one of the most epic things that happened in my life lol!! Theoretically it wasn't good though, but if it happened again id be so hyped!!
yea, i gotta agree with keitaro with this one

that tourney ending was so epic and hyped, yet so logically bad, but at the same time fun :laugh:

its one of those things in life that just gives you a story you can tell later in life. Anything that does that usually ends up being worth it

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Is there a video? I swear I remember wathcing a video a long time ago with that, and I think it started with samuraipanda talking to a crowd of people outside. I can't find it though.......

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is there a video? I swear I remember wathcing a video a long time ago with that, and I think it started with samuraipanda talking to a crowd of people outside. I can't find it though.......
it was the into to a smash documentary...that i honestly wonder if it ever was finished or not?

seriously, anyone have any info on it?

anyway, heres what you are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBjl3pCV_c

(lol angry mob was too good)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lol now I remember, watching that was too good. I honestly don't know how I found the video to begin with........

Wish I tried looking to get to tournies back then, would've been epic.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, I referring to serious wise ending bad. Of course it gave us stories to talk about for a good time to come ^_^

Laurel

Smash Ace
mike and i are prob gunna go

edit: didn't see mike's post :x WE ARE GOING PLSPLSPLS

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
BIG NEWS

Great part first:

I got an awesome sponsor for the event! I will be giving exact details about this in the near future once contracts and such are signed, but with this deal you can expect money being paid to various staff members that help me out with the event (so I can pay people to help with things like TO'ing, recording videos, bringing setups, etc).

But that's not it, we should be getting additional money to add to the pot as well! Exact details of the amount will be released once this part is 100% finalized

Mediocre news:

Unfortunately the sponsor is unable to help me out until June of this year, however it's well worth the change. It's also good because April is approaching WAY too fast, and I still have a lot to do to prepare for this event. The new date for the tournament is June 25th and 26th.

For those of you worried about this being sort of close to other events (this is about 3-4 weeks away from Genesis, however the original CoT5 date was like 3 weeks away from WHOBO3), just take any money you have saved up for this event and hold onto it until the June date. I promise you it will be worth it.

Awesome awesome stuff to get hyped for this event:

It's in the same venue as CoT4, and the venue is 100% finalized now. However to make sure we won't run into the same problems as last time, I have the venue secured until a later time (currently 1am, working on 2am now), and there will be online registration. The sign up and event process will be very similar to Pound 4/5, where singles pools is first and can start asap, followed by doubles pools.

The venue is within walking distance from a train station that has a train that runs right to Philadelphia International Airport (like a 15-20 min ride that's $7 or something). This is in Philadelphia, one of the coolest cities ever, enjoy the sights and grab a classic Philly cheesesteak while here. Kingtoon also lives near here, so he won't need to bring luggage in a trashbag lmao.

This tournament is ALL BRAWL and nothing else. That means 100% of our resources go to the game we are all here to play. The 40 TVs vgbootcamp can provide? They will all be going to Brawl (not split between games like Pound). All the projectors? All for Brawl. Livestream? You bet there's going to be one, and it's going to be awesome, and it's going to be for Brawl.

TO MAKE UP FOR THE APRIL DATE

I'm going to use the resources i've been working on now for the old April date to still hold a tournament in Philadelphia then. It might end up being a one day event instead of two, but it will be a very large event like a classic Viridian City or HOBO. For anyone still looking for a great event to go to in Atlantic North in April, that will be the event to go to. I hope to be able to announce that tournament within a week or so.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Good news minus the date being moved but oh well, still hyped. I told you at the Pound 5 venue I'd like to help out if I can, don't care about money for that but still all great news Cheebs.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tbh im a little glad it worked out like this, the date is just approaching far too fast. also by this date i'll have graduated from school so I don't need to worry about schoolwork and graduating amongst all of this. a lot of people should be out of school by this date, which should also help attendance in that sense

M@v

Subarashii!
:3

Its debatable if I can make it now. I'll be 6 hours away in pittsburgh + I'll probably have an internship and it will be hard to get off.

I really won't know until closer to summer. If I get said internship and I can get off that monday, ill be here still.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
At least there's the Megabus now so you could take a bus between Pittsburgh and Philly. Since you won't have to drive you could really take a bus Sunday night and sleep the whole time and be home in time for work on Monday, rested.

Keitaro

BIG NEWS

Great part first:

I got an awesome sponsor for the event! I will be giving exact details about this in the near future once contracts and such are signed, but with this deal you can expect money being paid to various staff members that help me out with the event (so I can pay people to help with things like TO'ing, recording videos, bringing setups, etc).

But that's not it, we should be getting additional money to add to the pot as well! Exact details of the amount will be released once this part is 100% finalized

Mediocre news:

Unfortunately the sponsor is unable to help me out until June of this year, however it's well worth the change. It's also good because April is approaching WAY too fast, and I still have a lot to do to prepare for this event. The new date for the tournament is June 25th and 26th.

For those of you worried about this being sort of close to other events (this is about 3-4 weeks away from Genesis, however the original CoT5 date was like 3 weeks away from WHOBO3), just take any money you have saved up for this event and hold onto it until the June date. I promise you it will be worth it.

Awesome awesome stuff to get hyped for this event:

It's in the same venue as CoT4, and the venue is 100% finalized now. However to make sure we won't run into the same problems as last time, I have the venue secured until a later time (currently 1am, working on 2am now), and there will be online registration. The sign up and event process will be very similar to Pound 4/5, where singles pools is first and can start asap, followed by doubles pools.

The venue is within walking distance from a train station that has a train that runs right to Philadelphia International Airport (like a 15-20 min ride that's $7 or something). This is in Philadelphia, one of the coolest cities ever, enjoy the sights and grab a classic Philly cheesesteak while here. Kingtoon also lives near here, so he won't need to bring luggage in a trashbag lmao.

This tournament is ALL BRAWL and nothing else. That means 100% of our resources go to the game we are all here to play. The 40 TVs vgbootcamp can provide? They will all be going to Brawl (not split between games like Pound). All the projectors? All for Brawl. Livestream? You bet there's going to be one, and it's going to be awesome, and it's going to be for Brawl.

TO MAKE UP FOR THE APRIL DATE

I'm going to use the resources i've been working on now for the old April date to still hold a tournament in Philadelphia then. It might end up being a one day event instead of two, but it will be a very large event like a classic Viridian City or HOBO. For anyone still looking for a great event to go to in Atlantic North in April, that will be the event to go to. I hope to be able to announce that tournament within a week or so.
OMG!!!!

I know exactly who the sponser is :D :D :D

Now that this is officially in the summer, please let me be on super staff son!!!! I'll spend the entire weekend making sure EVERYTHING goes down smoothly!! I'll come the day before to help setup and other crap too!! Letssssgoooo!!!

Best news of the month for me. This tournament is about to get SUPER SERIOUS!!!!!!

Edit: I think my hype for this will exceed Genesis 2.

Edit 2: I'm making a trailer vid for this in mid March.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'm interested in goin'.

y'kno chibo when we talked i cud've sworn ya'll said it was gonna be in may but like in late june?

i can def prob get suuuuper cheap plane tickets on a random day + smash housing (yeah? XD ) + tourin' philly.

that'd be mad muh ****in' legit.

keep me posted on this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom