• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Rickety

Peace and Love
Oh So Quotable

My, how times have changed. Hell, I remember when San Diego used to even have [decent, functional and well-populated] arcades.
:( RIP Plaza Bonita TILT.

I'm kinda ashamed of what little I know about San Diego even though I spent pretty much my entire life living here. :/
Oh no! Plaza Bonita got rid of Tilt? I'm so sad :( I miss getting rocked by everybody there.

And don't feel too bad about the San Diego knowledge thing; I have a friend (who will remain nameless [*cough* *cough* Jon619*cough*]) that has lived in San Diego his entire life and didn't know what Belmont Park was.

To Be Quite Honest:

Not much to do in San Diego unless you're involved in a scene or community (looks at us.) We have the right population, just not the right type of places. Though we do excel when it comes to food.

Check out Convoy, Clairemont... etc. Not a lot of places I can recommend for below 21 year olds. I've barely discovered greater San Diego myself.
Oats speaks the truth; if you don't have a close group a friends or belong to a specific scene in San Diego, then it becomes much, much tougher to go out places.

all of my ideas for little lives have to do w spending money.

something i guess u could thats potencialy boring for ur age, theres a museum in balboa park. its coo but iono if you`d like it.
Balboa Park is amazing. I'm there at least twice a week, usually more. I never see any smashers there, though. :(

Balboa Park is the best. All of SD smashers should go there one day just to hang out XD!
YESSS!! :] :]

Hang out days w/out playing Smash sound like a good idea. Thoughts? Ideas? SD Smash goes to Six Flags?
Ideas/Suggestions for group hangout:
Balboa Park
Belmont Park
ZOO
Cabrillo Tidepools
Movie at the Ken Cinema
PB
Solana Beach
Del Mar
La Jolla
The Brass Rail
Torrey Pines
Trip to Stephanie's Bakery for yummy vegan goodies
Children's Museum
Seaport Village
Civc Center
Art Walk

It's never even been discussed, but I always kind of pictured beach trips happening with you guys this summer.

I already see Gursalug at school.

Oats, Samuelson and I are going to Coachella this weekend.

Selendrile is supposed to throw a shindig eventually.

マイケルさんと私の友達は一緒にミツワマケットに行きましょう。どうですか? 
\(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ

We shouldn't get all down on ourselves for only hanging out when we're smashing though. It's something we all enjoy and how we met. There isn't a thing wrong with it. Any chance to hang out with everyone is awesome.

San Diego LOVE, people. <3
Yeah, it's always about the San Diego Love! <3

As long as you guys can stand my company for an entire day. XD I'd be down.

No Pedo.
Why is Nyjin so fixated on using the term "no pedo"? "No Homo" and all other variants are so worn-out and lame that it's kinda embarrassing to even read them, let alone be the actual person typing them out.

/rant

http://current.com/items/89827846/no_more_no_homo.htm

beach trips during the summer! whoo!
:] :] :] <3

hey

i have to go to sea world and/or san diego zoo for biolology

join me san diego
MikeHAZE!!! I'll take you to the zoo!

I took ManaCloud to the Zoo last year.

We did the stamp glitch.

Haze: Zoo membership, son. Anyone else have one? Zoo trip would be pretty fun. :D
Take me with you, Awex! :]

Let's bring all of SD (and maybe our favorite SoCal smashers also) to....

The World Famous San Diego Zoo
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/

I'm down for it. I love the Zoo and Downtown. XD
Yay! We should plan it all out sometime. Time and date and everything. :]

Did Dreamhack really just say, "knee high to a duck"? :laugh:
I was thinking that too.
ditto!

-------

San Diego Love! <3
You guys are the best. <3

<3 :] <3 :]

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@Haze: I'm not sure if you've been to either, but I prefer the Zoo over Sea World. Although, Sea World does have a roller coaster these days...

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I say first we go to the Zoo.

THEN we go to Balboa Park.

The rest is up to you guys. I just like those two the best. <3 (Maybe sometime in May/June? Nearer Summer but not quite Summer so it's not super expensive).

SIDE NOTE: Btw, Rickety, I'll stop saying No Pedo. Just for you. :p

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
No Pedo >>> No Homo, IMO. Also I accidentally let myself use "no homo" once. Then I thought to myself "Oh crap did I just actually use that? >_<"

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
GISHNAK!!! The dance moves worked! I think I'm in!!!

Oh, and Phear, I didn't give her pie...but we did share a huge brownie topped with ice cream.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Good shlt Gursalug!

Anyways, I approve of the SD Smash hangs out somewhere idea. I would suggest Ensenada or Rosarito but many of you dont have a visa/passport. hmmmm let see, Balboa park is cool, plus the zoo and downtown are nearby. I also kinda like IB and the little border park with TJ.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
So you guys gonna update the blog? Also, is the $2 venue gonna be an admission fee? I'm planning on entering, but I have at least one friend that CAN'T enter, yet is considering dropping by for a bit.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Fixing A Hole

stamp glitch????? O_o
Yeah! Maple, Nicky, Manacloud and I all went to the zoo once, but I didn't want to pay for admission that day, because I'm a poor boy. So Maple got a return-later stamp on his hand and, while it was still wet, ran outside the park and pressed his hand against mine to make a copy of the stamp. I got in for free :] <3 Too Good?

Oh and by the way, THANK YOU MikeHAZE for giving me that lovely shout-out during your Whobo Live Commentary! You are the best-est!

I say first we go to the Zoo.

THEN we go to Balboa Park.

The rest is up to you guys. I just like those two the best. <3 (Maybe sometime in May/June? Nearer Summer but not quite Summer so it's not super expensive).

SIDE NOTE: Btw, Rickety, I'll stop saying No Pedo. Just for you. :p

Zoo and Balboa Park sound absolutely splendid!

And don't worry about the No Homo/Pedo/Whatever thing, I was just sick yesterday and got more bothered my by it than I would have otherwise; it's just that some of my non-smash friends have used it nonstop for the past couple months and it just got really annoying to hear and put up with everyday. Don't worry, I still love my Nyjin :] (Must... not... say it!)

No Pedo >>> No Homo, IMO. Also I accidentally let myself use "no homo" once. Then I thought to myself "Oh crap did I just actually use that? >_<"
It's a hard habit to quit, it really is! I kept using it as a child 'til I was knee high to a duck!

<3

Awex

Smash Lord
Ricky-pro. (Stamp glitch isn't banned btw)

I'll be leaving for my cousin's house and then Coachella after class today, so you won't see me on the boards for awhile.

**** Race's for me, try out the amateur bracket, and leave me tons of alerts on AiB to come back to. ;D

(You can ignore that last one)

Bai guise. :3

D

Deleted member

Baiii *kirby wave*

Somebody wanna team on sundayy? I might team with this TJ yoshi main if he comes, but besides that i dont have a partner :p

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Lulz, burnt, I considered it, but I don't have any spare money to burn, and I've never practiced teams seriously. I'm little more than decent.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
On a different note, I think banning MK would bring down a lot of hostility throughout the community...for what it's worth...

which probably isn't sh*t.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Stamp Glitches and Bondfires.

Ricky-pro. (Stamp glitch isn't banned btw)

I'll be leaving for my cousin's house and then Coachella after class today, so you won't see me on the boards for awhile.

**** Race's for me, try out the amateur bracket, and leave me tons of alerts on AiB to come back to. ;D

(You can ignore that last one)

Bai guise. :3
Stamp Glitch is too good :]

Have fun at Coachella! I wanted to go this year but wasn't able to scrape enough money. (Poor Johns)

<333 Awex

I got an idea, why not a bondfire at Coronado???? I think that would be pretty chill..... What you guys think??? Oh, and later Awex have fun in Coachella!!!
Bondfires are amazing :]

i want to hang out with san diego :(
Typh!! <3

I'll buy you something from Chipotle and love you forever if you come to San Diego.

(Then again, I think I'd still love you forever if you didn't come :-P )

*Dies*

On a different note, I think banning MK would bring down a lot of hostility throughout the community...for what it's worth...

which probably isn't sh*t.
People are hostile about Meta Knight?

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
One of the best Link mains quit the game entirely because he jokingly used Metaknight in a tournament, having never used him seriously before, and beat a pretty good Snake to get first.

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Is the car for the last Quiznos tourney already full? I think i read that it was ]:

Well, I wouldn't be opposed to setting up my own carpool from up here in north countyish (I live in poway) If i can get enough interest in it. Drop me a PM or post here if anyone is interested.

PS: I switched SF4 mains, because Balrog (AMERICAN BOXER MAN DOIN IT FOR THE MONEYS) is just way too cool not to use

Rickety

Peace and Love
Call the roller of big cigars,
The muscular one, and bid him whip
In kitchen cups concupiscent curds.
Let the wenches dawdle in such dress
As they are used to wear, and let the boys
Bring flowers in last month's newspapers.
Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

Take from the dresser of deal,
Lacking the three glass knobs, that sheet
On which she embroidered fantails once
And spread it so as to cover her face.
If her horny feet protrude, they come
To show how cold she is, and dumb.
Let the lamp affix its beam.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Pink Metaknight: For people who know theyre picking a cheap character and who have no problem owning up to it

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I just figured that, well, since a ton of people complain about MK (even quit the game due to him), why not eliminate the problem? To my knowledge, it's being done in other states.

D

Deleted member

Meta knight isnt even good, just pick yoshi and:
1 Spam Pivot grabs
2 chain grab him
3 Magic
4 Victory

<3 yoshi

D

Deleted member

Kay id be down.
I do kindaa wanna team with someone ive never teamed before, but got juevos is pretty beast ;P

I think we should have a MK banned tourny sometime just to see how badly i **** how the results turn out.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
MK dittos = the future of brawl

MKs shouldnt be banned....but MK DITTOS should be...lol. the battle of the tornados is just super irritating. then it turns into who times the forward tilts the best. pleh.

Top Bottom