• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Ok here's the plan:

-Phear w/ Nyjin can you come at 830 AM?
-Fierce Ima wake you up at 7 so you be ready at 830
-Bone ill pick you up tomorrow morning unless you wanna come with me to a sf4 tournament thingy tonight
-MogX where the hell are you?

Tournament: 13$ total
Gas: 5$ a head
Food: X amount

Ok for this sunday this is what is going down:

We're going to make an "Am" bracket for the people who aren't in the Pr. Winner of the Am bracket will get $20 from the pot (the rest of the pot will go to the "pro" bracket). To play in the Am bracket will be $4 , the pro will be $5. Everyone has the option of playing in the pro one if they'd like. Winner does not pay to play in the pro bracket.

The fees above do not include the new venue fee: $1 a person. Whether you playing in the tournament or not. It's not hard to scrounge up a dollar to support your local scene, it's like a "thanks" to my family that lets me hosts these for smelly gamers such ourselves.

Why the Am bracket?

So that people won't play against people like TKD first round and get discouraged. Although the incentive isn't too high for winning the Am bracket it is however it should motivate someone to be consistant in such a bracket.

What's the purpose for the Am Bracket?
To get better. Obviously you won't be playing people of TKD caliber so you'll have the opportunity to "step it up" and show the rest of the community you Can roll with the better players.

"Man, I'm too good I own the Am Bracket."
That's why there's going to be a point system for Ams for a season, a season is 2 months:
1st 5 pts
2nd 4 pts
3rd 3 pts
4-5th 1 pts

Gather up 9 Pts and you will not be able to play in the Am Bracket for the remainder of the "season". You'll automatically have to play in the Pro bracket. So it doesn't matter if you place 2nd 3 times in a row, that means you are playing consistanly well to be able to play in the pro bracket.

Doubles will be going down to $10.

San Diego is currently in "safe mode". That is to say we're rebuilding our foundation of players, get them playing at a higher level of skill, and encouraging more players to play since the price is lower.

I encourage everyone to participate in such Am Bracket, especially new players.

Everything is subject to change since this is the first time SoCal Brawl has attempted to do something like this, there's bound to be loopholes and mistakes with the structure of said Am bracket.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
how awesome. i better be in the am bracket. =) im not ranked.

FINALS...
DreamHACK SIX ONE NINE VERSUS BONESSS.

edit.. havok.. tomorrow morning will be better.
unless you want to pick me up after 10 then i should be ready by then.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys... Soids fault.
Hey so can you pick me right now at 10:00 or 10:30?

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Your going to pick me up Hall?
Bone told me something about waiting there at 12,

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to make sure you weren't waiting there with nobody to pick you up
LOL.
well are you going to be able to pick me up or Havok is gonna do it?
Or if anyone can't go. it's ok, i don't mind i can go to other tournaments in the future.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I should probably go to bed. I'm bringing Truth along again, but can't get ahold of Fern. :^/ No idea if he's gonna be available.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Vegas was pretty cool. I met up with a friend who took me out for all-you-can-eat sushi, got a little tipsy off of a huge pina colada slurpee from Excalibur(I actually didn't know it had vodka in it), rode the roller coaster at New York, New York, lost 215 dollars, won 220 back, and was followed around by a prostitute.

For what it's worth, the arcades in Vegas suck. Hardly any fighting or old school games at all :(

$BONE$

Smash Ace
lucky that my 2 hour lecture was canceled today. im so ****ing tired right now.

edit:

am
1: bone
2: nezumi
3: seige
4: chill
5: corrupt
5: jagger
7: little lives
7: truth
9: snail
9: mario

pro
1: tyrant
2: dsf
3: havok
4: hall
5: bone
5: nyjin
7: burntsockz
7: fierce
9: seige
9: nezumi
9: truth
9: chill
13: jagger
13: little lives

thanks for everyone who participated.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@Hall: A lot of games were down, including that Sonic one. I couldn't do my moves properly. MvC2 was there, I just expected a little more than what I got.

@Selendrile: You and I will constantly clash on the subject of "good" video games. The thing that caught my eye the most was the House of the Dead 4 virtual reality simulator...which was broken. Mario Kart...broken. Extreme Hunting...broken. The list continues. Doug was pissed, man, and we both know that it's hard to piss him off.

@Nyjin: I saw a license plate that said "BDOO7"... if only that 7 had been an F.

Top Bottom