• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Havok, Wi-fi tonight? :p

I promise to not get my hamstring pulled and fall asleep due to lying on a bed waiting for it to not hurt. :D

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
My, how times have changed. Hell, I remember when San Diego used to even have [decent, functional and well-populated] arcades.
:( RIP Plaza Bonita TILT.

@Gursalug: That's cool you were able to have a good time in Vegas at such an age.
I remember my first trip to Vegas. I was 6 y/o and we stopped by on our roadtrip to Canada. We were taking one of those huge-old school Vans (the kinds where there's like this huge open space in the middle) and when we reached a stop an over zealous me was the first to open the door and hop out. Then out of nowhere comes this old dude in black who tries to take me. My cousin who was maybe 15 at the time jumped to the edge of the van, grabbed my hand and proceeded to pull me back in. The old dude started laughing manically and they had a little tug-of-war. After like two pulls the dude gives up and runs away. This all happened mid-day, too. Crazy ****. I wouldn't stop hearing this from my family for the rest of the trip, though I can't blame them.
And now I go to Vegas yearly because I have relatives there. :D

On another note, would anyone like to suggest places for me to visit, things for me to do or places for me to eat on my daytrip? I might go Thurs/Fri or even as early as tomorrow. I'll be taking public transportation and I might possibly be bringing a girl friend along. So I don't want to just wander around aimlessly. I'm not opposed to hanging around a mall like Mission/Fashion/Horton but window shopping can only last so long and I want something out of the norm. I'm considering visiting Balboa Park or maybe even La Jolla Cove (though I'm not familiar with the area at all) and possibly ending at Sea Port Village (in all my visits I've never tried the carousel). Dunno what else there is to do downtown.

I'm kinda ashamed of what little I know about San Diego even though I spent pretty much my entire life living here. :/

Awex

Smash Lord
I played Primal Rage at 7/11 after every little league game when my dad would go buy me a slurpee. Good times. =) (Diablo is still ****)

Also, I went walking around freemont street a couple years ago at 3 AM. Random black dude in an all-green, reflective, sequined suit and matching fedora tried to sell weed to me and my friends. We ended up going to McDonalds and 7/11 and the same guy tried to sell to us again on our way back.

Pretty hilarious at the time.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I remember using Blanka. C'mon, man, he was created as an eye catcher for children. Plus, his button mashing electricity (which I later discovered could be used with Honda). I was never able to make it past Vega until I was about 10, though.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
To Be Quite Honest:

Not much to do in San Diego unless you're involved in a scene or community (looks at us.) We have the right population, just not the right type of places. Though we do excel when it comes to food.

Check out Convoy, Clairemont... etc. Not a lot of places I can recommend for below 21 year olds. I've barely discovered greater San Diego myself.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
san diego is small. its really funny:

oats living right down the street from me, knowing my friends in high school. yet never met him till last year.

havok, so happened to work with someone who showed him my year book pictures. LOL.

edrees, meeting my bestfriend his freshman year at ucsd before i ever met her (4 years ago). this is because she so-happened to be seeing the guy edrees shared dorms with. - i just found this out a month or so ago.

fierce used to make banners for internet celebrities my ex-girlfriend and i associated with back when i was 17.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
@ Little Lives: Yeah I lived in SD my whole life too and I don't know much either..... I've always lived in San Ysidro or Chula Vista so I never really had a reason to leave the South Bay! Thats pretty sad..... :(

**Havok**

Smash Lord
all of my ideas for little lives have to do w spending money.

something i guess u could thats potencialy boring for ur age, theres a museum in balboa park. its coo but iono if you`d like it.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
NorCal has fun events like bbqs or Paintball days in which they don't play smash and just hang out. I'm down with having one of those days with YOU GUYS. Someone make it happen.

Also...

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/brainygamer

This is the coolest thing in the world and I've been reading the discussions people have been making over Chrono Trigger. INTERESTING ****.

Hall

Smash Ace
I went to a 711 with ten bucks, bought a Slurpee, ranch Corn Nuts, and spent the rest playing Street Fighter 2 (For those who are too young to remember, 711 used to have arcade games...mainly fighters)!!
IT'S TRUE. 7/11 did have fighting games!
i kept picking dhalsim cuz i had to do was press buttons and i would hit the guy from far away
My 7/11 only had Metal Slug as I recall. What a deprived childhood I led.
I had a laundry mat with Marvel vs Capcom and a bunch of beat em ups

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@Hall: Yeah, man. Laundry mats these days still have old SNK cabinets, usually with an older KoF game, a Samurai Showdown, Metal Slug, and a Soccer game. I see them quite often.

@Oats: Hang out days w/out playing Smash sound like a good idea. Thoughts? Ideas? SD Smash goes to Six Flags?

Awex

Smash Lord
It's never even been discussed, but I always kind of pictured beach trips happening with you guys this summer.

I already see Gursalug at school.

Oats, Samuelson and I are going to Coachella this weekend.

Selendrile is supposed to throw a shindig eventually.

マイケルさんと私の友達は一緒にミツワマケットに行きましょう。どうですか? 
\(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ

We shouldn't get all down on ourselves for only hanging out when we're smashing though. It's something we all enjoy and how we met. There isn't a thing wrong with it. Any chance to hang out with everyone is awesome.

San Diego LOVE, people. <3

D

Deleted member

Lol im down for beach trips (Except itll look like u guys are pedos and i am super annoying :o)

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@Hall: GGs tonight in SF4 wifi! I feel like I'm starting to get a little better :)

Hall

Smash Ace
And a good **** to you too dude. You are getting better. No shame in staying true to a particular character either. It's all about the match-ups.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
You may not SEE me cuz' I'll be in the BACK SLEEPING. ;P

What are you talking about btw? Just a random reference towards my general cockiness or something else? Is it from the peach thread, looool.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
NorCal has fun events like bbqs or Paintball days in which they don't play smash and just hang out. I'm down with having one of those days with YOU GUYS. Someone make it happen.
Oh that sounds badass! Paintballing sounds pretty sick..... I went like 2 weeks ago and Im down to go again. But it might be a lil expensive though like $55 per person with rental and everything......

hey

i have to go to sea world and/or san diego zoo for biolology

join me san diego
I havent been to either one of those since I was knee high to a duck!

selendrile

Smash Apprentice

Also...

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/brainygamer

This is the coolest thing in the world and I've been reading the discussions people have been making over Chrono Trigger. INTERESTING ****.
Pretty cool site, I'm replaying Chrono Trigger currently so it's cool to see all the indepth discussion.

Anyways, I LOVE paintballing. I'm all for it. Could people here afford that kind of thing?

Top Bottom