• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
*checking power ranking list*

Still in fourth place... Good, is fair enough. btw there is a mistake on IceDX character, you should change it for MetaKnight.
And let me know is there a free spot for UCLA. >:(

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure IceDX is happy he's known for Sonic, but I have ideas for how I'm going to implement mains and stuff for the power rankings

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
dont worry i juts wanted to mess with IceDX a little. =P
You do what you think it must be done.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
F**k it, I'm gonna see if I can get the time free on Sunday for sure... I can drive, and my car fits four total, but I can't guarantee comfort -- it's a Mini Cooper. I'll know for sure tomorrow night if I can dedicate, but if I can get the time free I'm up for taking as many of y'all as I can fit.

Really, the car isn't that bad... except for the guy behind the driver's seat. Leg space is a bit on the cramped side of things there.

In other news, I just started (finally) uploading the matches I took Sunday... I had some trouble with import quality, my camera's acting up. I think I got it right, though, so I'm bulk uploading most of them tonight. Watch my channel, hopefully they'll all be up sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: By "tomorrow night" I mean tonight... FourAM is FunAM, mirite?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
essshhh

ill learn melee *shudder*
Yes! Finally!!! Marth is too much fun in melee!!!

SONIC SUCKS

Yay for Havok learning to play a better game hahaha!!
Didn't you get owned by Mango in the melee tournament at Race's???

argh, drop =(

I gotta pick it up. >>
I'm getting it back..... You'll get it back Alex don't worry! Its like Riding a Bike only with your fingers......

Edit: ****, Jflo I thought it was the actual footage but I gotta order it to see it??? :(

Hall

Smash Ace
evo2k.com/dvd

Evo 2k8 dvd is up if any of you wanna watch Hall tear it up in Vegas.
'Bout **** time. Now Oats and Bone will never shut up about my suicide.

MogX, Awex, Dreamhack (?), Underwing all want to go. We can arrange rides from there? Anybody I miss? Burntsockz comes back friday and he'll think about it. Awex, you should convince him to go to UCSD and team with him there if Mog can't go to UCSD on Saturday.
I was gonna say leave me out of it, but if this many people want to go I'd be willing to drive up my car (which fits 5 comfortably and gets some decent MPG). Let's see how events unfold before I commit.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I'd say we decide this ASAP. Friday night at the latest. So this is my request for anyone from San Diego that wants to leave for UCLA. I won't consider you, or even think about you unless you tell me you want to go or if you can drive AFTER Friday night.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
jeez matt, get some sleep or something, school is hard.
Silly Marco, sleep is for the weak.

>.>

EDIT: Gonna try to have a definite answer tonight, and RBNuke might actually be coming to this (he has work off Sunday, apparently). If I go, I can drive... but it might be best if somebody else does, for practicality's sake.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have a link to UCLA thread?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96335

Ok, might be bringing my car up anyway -- Nuke wants to go, but needs to return home a little earlier than the estimated midnight. I wouldn't mind, either, as I have a class in the morning on Monday. So basically, I'm looking at taking my car up, and doing an "early return" trip back down (probably gonna try to get back in SD around 11 or so). If anyone wants in, we'll have two open spots in the car. This is also one less person (me) to put in Hall's car.

--UnderWing

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Currently Travel Plans Are:

Oats Car:
Oats
Hall
Havok
Phear
Nyjin

Underwings Car:
Underwing
RBNuke
-
-

People that Need Rides:
Awex, MogX, anyone else I miss?

People that MAY OR MAY NOT drive:
Hall (5 Spots)

I'm giving everyone the Friday night deadline for my ride. To leave or stay on. Also, anyone posting their interest should be replying quick and figuring out their schedules.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm ready and set to go. HOWEVER, I am curious as to when and where I should be going?

Your house Oats? I remember something about 8ish in the morning, but I can't remember exactly.

EDIT: Oh, also Oats. IF Hall is driving (Or if Underwing has room in his car), Nicktendo has stated that he wants to go also. And he better not be lying this time!

Hall

Smash Ace
Take me out of the spot for going to UCLA and driving. I'm coming down with a fever and the cowbell isn't working. I WILL be going to the tri-weekly though.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Looks like PBS wants in, too (he had expressed the interest a while back, but hadn't known about it until recently). Nuke's in Mira Mesa, PBS and I are on the UCSD campus, and it looks like we've got 1 spot in my car, and the spot in Oats' car from Hall *not* going... to fill with Nicktendo, Awex, and MogX. I'm not great at math, but we might have a problem.

As for my car, the fourth man is going to either have to come here to UCSD to meet up, or at least not be south of the area so that I can pick them up (and remember that we're leaving the venue to get back around 11ish, which is an hour earlier than Oats projected for his car -- this is for work and school related stuff, so plan around it as necessary)... anyone in La Jolla or Mira Mesa would be best (dunno where all ya'll are, geographically).

Anybody else able to drive? A third driver would simplify matters considerably.

--UnderWing

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
newcomer

I'm not great at math, but we might have a problem...
As for my car, the fourth man is going to either have to come here to UCSD to meet up...
--UnderWing
aight so i just cleared my schedule for sunday
hey matt im in chula but i think i can make the early commute up to UCSD what time do you plan to leave for UCLA and where would we meet up????

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I don't recall Nicktendo wanting to go, unless you guys heard something that I didn't know about.

So, I'm going to arbitrarily pick up MogX because I'm the nearest to him.

Update:

Car 1:

Oats
MogX
Havok
Phear
Nyjin

Car 2:

Underwing
PBS
RBNuke
(Open Spot)

People that Need Rides:
Awex, Nicktendo?, Mario

My recommendation for you guys that need a ride. Other than fight for it, you guys should find a way to get to UCSD the day of or even the night before and possibly have a mini smash-fest at Underwings place, if that's alright with him.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I'm fine with people crashing @ my place overnight, I'm gonna see if I can car swap with my sister for the day (it'd give us one more seat... it's a Jetta, with Nuke's size and flexibility we could easily fit three in back, meaning one more seat). As for Saturday night, anybody who's getting a ride from me and is going to the UCSD Tri-Weekly could just come on over to my place after the tournament.

I'll know if I'm gonna have the Jetta in a few hours, when my sister gets off work. I'll keep you all posted.

--UnderWing

EDIT: My internet crapped out on me for a bit there, and thus this post. I'll leave it as it stands, I'm fine w/ people coming over after the tri-weekly, and my apt. mates do too. Are Nicktendo and/or Awex going to the triweekly?

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman

What time will you guys be smashing till? Heartina & I were thinking about coming through (but it might be kind of late =X)

EDIT : Can't make it at all. =X

D

Deleted member

Ok im back from DC =D

Uhh i think i might be able to go to UCLA. Can you save a spot for me and ill try to confirm 100% tonight?

Top Bottom