• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Or if you're super beast and super rich, go to the Triweekly, spend the night, then leave for UCLA. DU ET.
I can only crash at udub's place on saturday or meet up @ UCSD head up north sunday morning unless something cool and convenient happens like a rich hippie benefactor with a hot secretary is willing to sponsor my travel food and tournament expenses. but why would a hippie have a secretary?

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
OK, here's my deal -- I'm currently in Scripps Ranch (at my house). I came here to swap cars w/ my sister (giving us one more seat), but she isn't here. I believe she'll be getting back at some point tonight, meaning the swap could happen. AKA, we may or may not have a fifth spot in my car. What this *does* mean, however, is that I'm almost certainly going to be a little late to the Triweekly tomorrow -- oh well :p.

Another relevant event is that Nuke isn't going to be making it as originally planned -- this means his spot opens up. So we've got myself, PBS, and 2-3 open spots (depending on the car). Those spots could easily be filled by Awex, Nicktendo, and Mario -- works out nicely. Though Ghetto seems to want to come, so maybe it doesn't.

I tried, ****it.

Anyway, I'm game for hosting a small smashfest tonight post-tourney, but my Wii's making really ugly noises... it's a bit troubling, honestly. If people could come to the campus tomorrow (Sunday) morning for the trip, that might be easier (plus it would give me a chance to tackle some of the CSE work I have to do for this coming week... probably a good thing :p). I guess it'll just be easiest to discuss this today, see you @ the tournament.

Oh, contact information (should probably say that):

Cell: (858) 449-8211
AIM: SubWinged

And, even though this goes without saying, I'm gonna say it: All passengers are helping pay for gas, proportionately. Mini gets about 26 MPG with 4 people, Jetta should be about equivalent.

Looking forward to this trip. :p

--UnderWing

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Ok. So Oats, It will be great if i can spent the night over there, Can it be done?
Or should I go tomorrow to burgueking at 7 am? =/

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
If you want to spend the night that's fine with me, I'll pick you up at the best time you want. Just respond to this message and give me a time, after 8 pm is good um, we're still at UCSD.

EDIT:

THIS IS OATS ON AZN_LEP'S COMPUTER! DEFRAGGING HIS HARDDRIVE!

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Ok I guess, I'll see you at 9 pm at burguerking. OK? or is too soon?

in case is to soon, you can pick at 10.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
L0L. HII.
CALM down FIERCE.

bye.

EDIT
WAIT,

i have this sunday off again.
let me know if you have space for me.
anyone know if edrees is going on sunday?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Phear, I want you to be ready by 6:00 pm at your house or Nyjin's house. Whichever is closer to the 5 Freeway.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Oats on Azn_Lep's Account: Um, complete change of plans.

Oats' Car:
Oats
Havok
Bone
MogX
Open Space

Call me before the end of the night if you want the space (Mario)

Underwing's Car
Phear
Nyjin
Underwing
Awex
PBS

Phear and Nyjin, contact underwing at his phone number and call him. Or you can meet at Awex' house or something. PLEASE READ THIS. PLANS HAVE CHANGED to accomodate late entries.

We'll be there at 10.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
OK, I on my way to the border. I'll be waiting. I will call you to your cellphone if something comes up.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Looks like gas for my car is gonna be $7-8 per person (route in total is close to 160 miles, assuming 22mpg (which is probably a low estimate) and $2.60/gallon (don't know how accurate that's gonna be in LA), split 5 ways). I'll fill up at the start, and then fill up in LA... double the LA fillup, divide by 5, and that'll be what each person pays. Like I said, I'm thinking between 7 and 8 dollars.

We're leaving the UCSD campus at 6AM, picking up Phear, Nyjin, and Awex by around 6:30. Again, my number's (858)449-8211. See you all tomorrow.

--UnderWing

EDIT: Oh, and parking costs will need to be split as well. We'll factor it all in together tomorrow.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Yesterday was mad fun! You know what's not? Going to school today. Ew

Hall- Good shi* yesterday, all that 'weird' practice came in handy
Oats- YOU HAD MOG X cowering in the corner!
Bone- COME BACK!
Phear- i told you to ban brinstar!!!! haha good stuff man!
Nyjin- your falco is getting crazaaaay
PBS- Wowwwww , you should play with us more
Underwing- thanks for letting me use teh internetzzzzz
Legendary Mog X- DAaaaaaannng

UCLA was really fun, im soooo doing that again.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yesterday was mad fun! You know what's not? Going to school today. Ew

Hall- Good shi* yesterday, all that 'weird' practice came in handy
Oats- YOU HAD MOG X cowering in the corner!
Bone- COME BACK!
Phear- i told you to ban brinstar!!!! haha good stuff man!
Nyjin- your falco is getting crazaaaay
PBS- Wowwwww , you should play with us more
Underwing- thanks for letting me use teh internetzzzzz
Legendary Mog X- DAaaaaaannng

UCLA was really fun, im soooo doing that again.
God why are you torturing me by telling me how fun this was...... While you *** holes were out having fun I was working a freaking 9 hour shift on a sunday! How Gay is that!!! But Glad to hear that SD went up there and did their thing!!!

GOOD JOB GUYS! :bigthumbu

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
You know what was the best part of this trip. Hall getting a bear for me with a single coin. Those machines are ****ing impossible.

FFFFFFFFFFFF....

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
My Falco wasn't good enough! ><

Only got 25th, bleeeegh. I'll get better though, good job to everyone else.

Oats, you tore it up!!!! And MogX, I'm looking for a rematch!

Hall's weird, blah blah blah. ;)

And I r sorry Awex. :[

Awex

Smash Lord
It's no prob nyjin. First time seeing your falco and I thought I'd be safe on my counterpick ;p You're mine next time haha.

I'm more upset no shoutout from haviki D:

**Havok**

Smash Lord
i miss the fashion gamers

and bone :o
You'll get your share of TKDness and Soidness in the near future

heyyy....i was thinking....since like...i have nothing to do tomorrow...

who wants a SUPER (just for you Hall and oats) last minute weekly 19 tomorrow? You know since we hit up UCLA instead?

If enough people are down lets have a small one tomorrow.

Whatever.

Let me know.

Hall

Smash Ace
You'll get your share of TKDness and Soidness in the near future

heyyy....i was thinking....since like...i have nothing to do tomorrow...

who wants a SUPER (just for you Hall and oats) last minute weekly 19 tomorrow? You know since we hit up UCLA instead?

If enough people are down lets have a small one tomorrow.

Whatever.

Let me know.
I think it'll be more smashfest than tourney, but if somehow enough people want to. I highly doubt it though.

Also, SD's placings were...

Hall 9th
MogX 9th
Havok 13th
Nyjin 25th
Oats 25th

PBS was up there too but I don't know his placing. I'm also unaware of Underwing's placing. Phear was high too right? Like around 13th?

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
No, Slick. Your dumb.

Hall 9th
MogX 9th
Oats 13th
PBS 13th
Phear 17
Nyjin 25th
Awex 33rd

Havok is in there somewhere, I suspect 17-25th. Underwing was around 33rd-25th.

Not to mention

Bone and MogX 4th in Doubles
Hall and Oats 5th in Doubles

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Did you also notice the 17 without the "th" or the lack of any sort of punctuation after "no to mention". It wasn't too serious a post. But if you want me to be an annoying grammar nazi and piss off people unnecessarily - hmm, too many Ps in that last sentence - then yeah, I'll do it.

And **** Cheeri-Oats, whoever that ***** is. I'm pretty sure it's a guy, but then again, I talked to her on the phone and she seemed smart and chill.

D

Deleted member

O_o

Ill maybe come tomarrow havok if you host somethin or have a smashfest. Im yearnin for some bawrle =D

Top Bottom