• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice

You'll get your share of TKDness and Soidness in the near future

heyyy....i was thinking....since like...i have nothing to do tomorrow...

who wants a SUPER (just for you Hall and oats) last minute weekly 19 tomorrow? You know since we hit up UCLA instead?

If enough people are down lets have a small one tomorrow.

Whatever.

Let me know.

Dude, id' be down to go play some brawl with u guys tomorrow. What time were you thinking of playing?

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Nicely put out Oats.
I always enjoy reading your stuff, Adding the photos was a nice detail.

D

Deleted member

Mario, host CVXIX on sunday, or else the system will be corrupted =O XX wont really be XX and then all the computors will shut off and then... *sobs*

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I like driving because it gives me something to do and I don't have to sit in a seat and twiddle my thumbs. LAWL.

And too bad I missed the smashfest. I heard we had new guys there. I hope we were nice to them and made them laugh.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I woulda been down to go to a smash fest today...too abd I didnt check the thread.

Oh well, I played Gears 2 all day :D

Hall

Smash Ace
That was fun. Thanks for having us over for your MGS4fest smashfest. Good stuff. Nice to see old and new faces alike.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
The Smashfest was pretty fun, I actually got to play some people I always saw around but never actually got to play.
I'm really thinking of making Zelda my tourney main now, or I might just alternate between both, meh.

In other news, those with XBOX360's, have you played the Left 4 Dead demo? I was watching NOG play it earlier & it looked so much fun. Probably one of the reasons to get an XBOX360 since I'm into Resident Evil & the like.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
In other news, those with XBOX360's, have you played the Left 4 Dead demo? I was watching NOG play it earlier & it looked so much fun. Probably one of the reasons to get an XBOX360 since I'm into Resident Evil & the like.
It's also out for PC... I'm gonna be getting it and playing it with Nuke, he says it's awesome. I trust him, especially after the trailers that they've put out.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
You're not into RE. I call that bluff.

Wait... you were RE4 at one weekly so nvm.

WHO WERE THE NEW FACES?

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Also, double post, but I don't care.

There isn't going to be a Chula Vista XIX this weekend, right? So change the first page of this thread.

**Havok**

Smash Lord

I want in on this! =( Do you need xbox live to play multiplayer? My friend living with me has an Xbox but no live.

Also, double post, but I don't care.

There isn't going to be a Chula Vista XIX this weekend, right? So change the first page of this thread.
Yea it's my dad's bday

...Unless SOMEONE picks it up HINT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Whatever the day, I say you make a decision for yourself and make it quick so I can post it on the blog and advertise it. I would recommend Sunday considering the Triweekly is on Saturday and you don't want to compete with that for the people that want to play Melee up there.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Whatever the day, I say you make a decision for yourself and make it quick so I can post it on the blog and advertise it. I would recommend Sunday considering the Triweekly is on Saturday and you don't want to compete with that for the people that want to play Melee up there.
Yeah cause I believe the majority of SD would go to the melee triweekly if you held it on saturday....

D

Deleted member

The Smashfest was pretty fun, I actually got to play some people I always saw around but never actually got to play.
I'm really thinking of making Zelda my tourney main now, or I might just alternate between both, meh.

Fierce is too pro, i like ur ZSS better tho.

Im goin all Luigi/Toon Link on Sunday =P

Soid

Smash Journeyman
OH **** LEFT 4 DEAD i already pay for it haha sorry guys i dissapeared playing gears of war online lawl its so fun even if i dont know how to play haha i havent passed a single game i need to start playing story mode lol im so happy :D how did the smash go?

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Some clips of me playing CO18, who probably has the best King DeDeDe I've ever played. Although the match up is in my favor I tend to mess up quite a bit - or just end up catching a Gordo to the face. ):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c5YjmaLFT50&fmt=18 (as Zero Suit Samus)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W53_Q57jEqU&fmt=18 (as Zelda)

EDIT: I'd really like to come to this Sunday's weekly but my GC controller has been acting up quite a bit, my down button is stuck. Does anyone know where you can still get GC controllers? NOG said he saw a few official ones at the Gamestop in Eastlake last week but I doubt they're still there.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: I'd really like to come to this Sunday's weekly but my GC controller has been acting up quite a bit, my down button is stuck. Does anyone know where you can still get GC controllers? NOG said he saw a few official ones at the Gamestop in Eastlake last week but I doubt they're still there.
Looks like I may be showing up to this week's weekly after all... I could bring my tri-wing to try a repair on your con (don't know how bad it is). You can buy new ones at a lot of Gamestops, they still sell them (most actually do have them). Or just go to CV XX -- get a nifty white one. :p

Also, Havok, you wouldn't happen to be going to the Melee TriWeekly, would you? I could bring my soldering iron and do the power cord repair for your TV there, it'd take 5 minutes. Just offering. :p

Top Bottom