• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Awex

Smash Lord
Tourney resultsies?

I missed out on the tourney but you guys missed out by going to a smash bros tourney on Halloween. :D

[/drunk[

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Someone give me a ride to weekly preez?

My internet has been down for a bit, so I couldn't post earlier. Curse you AT&T!

Preez?

Hall

Smash Ace
'Stressin over work and a little bit of finance. You?

BTW, this Saturday is that one kinda ok tournament series a million miles away we can hit up. I'm fixing to get my truck in gear in case Havokz heads to mexicali or so we can bring our usual throng of people and **** up their seeding. So assuming I get my car all ready in time I have spots to offer.

Hall
~
~
~
~

.AC.

Smash Lord
i would go but my mom thinks you guys do drugs and she wont let me go for another 2-3 weeks to the "homo drug fest"

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
I wanna go! It's been tooooo long.

EDIT: Wait, **** it's my birthday Saturday. Never mind, even though I'd rather spend it with smashers, my parents will probably keep me here. >:

Nabster92

Smash Cadet
Hmm...I wanna go...but I'm not sure how much time I'm gonna need to finish up my lab for this week. Gonna start working on it tomorrow so I'll get back to you a bit later in the week if it's looking like I can make it (or if I can let my partner finish up the end of it since I pretty much did all of the last one).

Hall

Smash Ace
Ride The Avalanche
Hall The Driver
Tearbear Security Detail
Nabil? Gunner 1st Class
AC? Mexican Liason
~
Nyjin or Stauffy? Former Navy Commandos With Attitudes As Bad As Their Odors

Mario, now's your chance.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Since there's not enough ambiguity. I sincerely want to come and be your wingman again, Slick. But it's up in the air right now if I'm really up for it.

Add me to the "I'll let you know later in the week" heap I guess. I'm sure a certain someone more deserving and committed can show up in the meantime.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yes, I will claim half a spot. I want to go but at the same time I dont bacause of other stuff. Besides there are peeps who are more deserving (in terms of dedication and skill) of a spot in the Avalanche. I'll get back to you later in the week if the spot is still available.

Also that's like the Thunder/Nair cancel (but this isn't a cancel) with a flashy setup and on the ground. Peeps have been able to do that on Brinstar because of the delayed hitbox. You can still DI/SDI the thunder strikes. This is not really new but the setup is because it incorporates the QAC lock.

EDIT:
I've been messing with this last night and I think it happens when you hit them with QA on certain frames after they hit the ground from the footstool. For Lucario, you basically want to hit him with QA immediately after he hits the ground then buffer a thunder to get the 4 hits. The damage from thunder does 10.5% (fresh) for each bolt that hits, that's 42% if every bolt hits. :) The number of thunder hits varies on character and the timing of your QA when they hit the ground. For MK, you have to hit him with QA on frames 12-16 after he hits the ground to get the multiple hits. But with MK I was only able to hit him twice with thunder instead of the four I got on Lucario. Also, you can only follow up with an attack if the thunder hits 4 times. This isn't really a thunder cancel. Pikachu still suffers the same thunder lag, it's just that the multiple hits from thunder slows the opponent down and keeps them in place for you to follow up with an attack. I wouldn't hype this AT. Sure it looks nice, but it's incredibly hard to pull off intentionally and it's very easy to SDI out of the thunder hits. If you're good with SDI, then only one bolt should hit you. I'd still go for the fsmash or QA/Jab locks if I footstool.
More info is always good.

.AC.

Smash Lord
talking about PR since i have no chance to get in by the next update i wont start going to tourneys until they get updated,besides my negative attitude is back and i have no money, this means no tourney on saturday sadly.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
AC stole my girlsies.

*evil face* = >:(

Rage rage rage!

Nyjin is in rage/enraged.

(Pikachu footstool is fun to watch, like Poke-duck duck goose!)

Hall

Smash Ace
Ride The Avalanche
Hall The Driver
Tearbear Security Detail
Nabil? Gunner 1st Class
Nyjin Engineer
Stauffy? First Officer

Confirmations would be nice

TKD

Smash Lord
Fusion won't get banned, we're not even discussing it. It's just weird.
Where are you people going on saturday?

Tearbear

Smash Ace
well i talked 2 my coach and he said we could have practice in the morning on saturday so i guess i can go depending on what time u guys leave

and happy early B-day chill id rather hang out w/ smashers

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
AC and Airman's negativity is
ceptable. Also, AC has been stealing people's avatars and getting the Asian ladies (unintentionally but he's not complaining) for a while Nyjin.

Bring back 1st place money from AG guys!

.AC.

Smash Lord
lol remember my twitter introduction mario?

anyways i have never stolen avys.

Top Bottom