• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I'm with Lovage. Sabin was my favorite. My main team usually consisted of Sabin, Edgar, Locke, and Cyan.

Last edited:

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Anyhow. Gau, Kefka and Relm are definitely my favorites (in that order). You guys should check out the final fantasy that's coming out on PSP. The fighting game.

Lovage

Smash Hero
gau was fun if u had a rage guide next to you. but anyway...sabin *****. The whole game was easy when u get ULTIMA. get ***** dinos

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Anyhow. Gau, Kefka and Relm are definitely my favorites (in that order). You guys should check out the final fantasy that's coming out on PSP. The fighting game.
I suppose you're talking about Dissidia, correct? If you're a big fan of Final Fantasy, go ahead and get it. If you're a big fan of balance, don't. Just about everybody knows that Exdeath, Tidus, and Zidane are the best characters in the game. Especially Exdeath. It's like facing Kens, Ryus, and Sagats online in SFIV, or Ice Car spamming Jins in BB.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Well, as far as I know, there really isn't a "balanced" fighting game out there. Plus, I highly doubt that there will be a competitive scene for Dissidia. Speaking of that game, if any of you like to collect figurines, they just released volume one of the Dissidia Trading Arts figurines. They currently have Zidane, Squall, Cloud and Titus. Seems like they'll go through the "popular" characters first.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Well, as far as I know, there really isn't a "balanced" fighting game out there. Plus, I highly doubt that there will be a competitive scene for Dissidia. Speaking of that game, if any of you like to collect figurines, they just released volume one of the Dissidia Trading Arts figurines. They currently have Zidane, Squall, Cloud and Titus. Seems like they'll go through the "popular" characters first.
I'll agree that there's no such thing as a truly balanced one, but with Dissidia, it's even worse and even more obvious than Brawl. And we of all people should know that competitive scenes can spring up around just about anything, given a chance.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh ****, FF6 is it?

Man, FF6 is and always will be my favorite FF game.
My team at the end was like, Sabin (Gauntlet + Offering lol), Terra, Gogo and Celes I think.

The End game was just too good.
Taking away all the characters and making you find them again was amazing.

Lovage

Smash Hero
whats the point of complaining about brawl so much

if u dont like it just play melee
ganondorf is good in that game

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Look how pro SaltaKracka is, assimilating himself all into the forums/community with the quickness! That's what I call a rebound.

(Still don't like him though.)

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Look how pro SaltaKracka is, assimilating himself all into the forums/community with the quickness! That's what I call a rebound.

(Still don't like him though.)
Let's just say that this isn't the first vitriolic community that I've had to deal with in my life. Being hated tends to be less of a handicap when you don't much care anyways. After all, you guys are pretty much the only chance I have of getting to play against other people, so I might as well make the best of it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
LOL san diego is the nicest community of smash players i've ever met, they're pretty much all cool, respectful, nice people

how the *** does someone get hated by SAN DIEGO SMASH lol

Awex

Smash Lord
It only exploded, Salty, because you happened to get the biggest responses out of two of the people in the community who really speak their mind (Oats and Bone) and can be more mean spirited (mainly just Bone on that one lawl.) What they're saying is pretty much a shared feeling among the community.

San Diego's community is extremely close knit and friendly with one another and to newcomers. However, it's only natural, it's only basic rules of socialization that you receive back whatever you give out.

Do you remember your original entrance to the community? You came in here telling us how good you were. How you were at a disadvantage from the get-go because you use Ganon and that somehow makes you a better player for reaching a similar standing with a worse character (which you had no proof for except the word of other ganon players from wifi, if I remember correctly). And then you started **** talking the first players to respond, who were all respected members of the community. We all playfully **** talk eachother, but we all already know eachother. Make good first impressions, get to know your boundaries with people, THEN talk trash to one another.

You've never done anything to me personally, so I want to help you out here but you gotta help me with that and show me and everyone else than you can watch how you hold yourself. You've missed your shot at your first impression, so you have an uphill battle, and considering how nice this community is, it IS worth it, but understand what kind of hole you dug yourself into please.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
He's pretty much dead-on. It's really up to you if you want to redeem yourself to the community (or certain members, at least). Phoenix had an issue a few months back, took a tounge lashing from Bone (who was more than furious with the kid) and Oats, sucked it up, and earned his respect again. As a matter of fact, I believe Bone said, "Welcome back Salty K/ Phoenix" a few pages or so back.

There. Most of us have already stated our views on the subject, so let's just sweep it under the rug and move on. Saltine Cracker can decide for himself if he wants to try and become part of this community.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Salty is the new Somiyah of SD. Even Awex got up in those cheeks. Getting trained SD Style. LOL. HHUAHUAHUAHUA.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah thats not exploding satly, exploding is what happens in your pants when you see a maxim.
oho!

yeah, I think I liked locke and shadow the best, the first time you meet shadow is pretty badass, just sitting there at the bar with his mad music playing and he's like "yeah the dog eats people"

Rickety

Peace and Love
I'm gonna be round my vegetables
I'm gonna chow down my vegetables
I love you most of all
My favorite vege-table

I throw away my candy bar and I ate the wrapper
And when they told me what I did I burst into laughter

What is the the Phoenix thing? Was I around for that? Or was it during my wilderness period?

Hey! Salty was the Ganondorf player? I remember playing him at one of the tournaments, he made a good impression on me. :]

Also, I love the Australians posting in here! San Diego Love! <3

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Do we need people from other countrys to solve this issue? OH Wait!

I dont really know salty very well, but i hardly hate anybody in this community, with the exeption of Nyjin of course.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
San Diego Childish Tier List (Not Necessarily a Bad Thing)

Predator Tier:
Oats

Top Tier:
Nyjin 91.2
Chilly 91.1

High Tier
Pheonix 82.8
Tearbear 80.5

Mid Tier
Hall 75.0
Rickety 73.2
Burntsockz 67.9

Low Tier
Awex 64.7
Havok 60

Bottom Tier
Everyone Else

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Yes. Smashfest! Melee!!! This weekend!!! Someone set one up. =)
We gotta get it together for Pats melee tourny!
EDIT: ANYONE KNOW how to contact Eddie from Mexico???

.AC.

Smash Lord
Yes. Smashfest! Melee!!! This weekend!!! Someone set one up. =)
We gotta get it together for Pats melee tourny!
EDIT: ANYONE KNOW how to contact Eddie from Mexico???
if you are refering to that eddie that plays luigi in melee,i think soid or tkd know how to contact him,ill be sure to tell them:)

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Do you remember your original entrance to the community? You came in here telling us how good you were. How you were at a disadvantage from the get-go because you use Ganon and that somehow makes you a better player for reaching a similar standing with a worse character (which you had no proof for except the word of other ganon players from wifi, if I remember correctly). And then you started **** talking the first players to respond, who were all respected members of the community. We all playfully **** talk eachother, but we all already know eachother. Make good first impressions, get to know your boundaries with people, THEN talk trash to one another.

You've never done anything to me personally, so I want to help you out here but you gotta help me with that and show me and everyone else than you can watch how you hold yourself. You've missed your shot at your first impression, so you have an uphill battle, and considering how nice this community is, it IS worth it, but understand what kind of hole you dug yourself into please.
Frankly, I don't remember much about it. I was probably being a douche at that time, yeah. I was a total douche at that time in general, so I'm not surprised that I acted that way. All I can say is that I've changed. I know that I have to get better. I know that a lot of you are better players than I am. Minor trolling aside, I'd like to say that I'm not that guy anymore, and that I wish to be a part of the community.

Now, what exactly is going on this week? Because from where I'm standing it sounds like it's going to be busy.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm top of the Childish tier list? Hm, perhaps that's warranted. I've always been a bit eccentric/whimsical/plain stupid. Least I'm at the top of one list out there! Ironically, I only act this way during smash tourneys around you folks because some of you get too serious at times!

It'd be funny for you all to see me acting normally, heh!

In other news, Mog knows he can't live without me. He just can't admit it!

Top Bottom