• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

D

Deleted member

idk I tried brawl ICs and they're boring as ****. I'm not ADD enough to sit there and do 1 tactic for 2 matches for all 6 or w/e sets until I win. at least melee ICs were fun.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Everyone upset by Chu's ruleset should relax. This is only happening at his tournies. Everything else is still the same everywhere else.

I mean, it's his venue. His rules. Don't like it or think it's unfair? Don't go!

All this time wasted debating can be spent gettin' better! Off with you people. Go study your match-ups and watch more youtube videos.

next person who posts has a small wee wee. i'm callin it.

meepxzero

Smash Master
so u agree there unwinnable without the tactic right?

haha steve XD~

i only argue cuz it keeps me fairly entertained. Al shuddup if chu just says its my tourney my rules lol.

no bad blood chu i still love you <3

we do have to band together and destroy ny/nj.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ill take that hit on that one.

edit:: **** i even tried, and the asian beat me. shocker right there

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey, the foot stool to Iceblock chain grab isn't an infinite

after a certain percent(Something like 130%) the block freezes you instead of making you stand up.

Also, the B-throw to footstool to Iceblock chain grab can be Di'd away from by all character except something like 7.

So you have to do a F-throw to Footstool to iceblock on most characters, and this forces you towards the edge, this is in no way an infinite so it shouldn't be banned.
why do people ignore me? :chuckle:

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
why do people ignore me? :chuckle:
b/c you touch yourself at night

anyways.....

theres nothing wrong with IC cg, get over it

and i dont understand why you guys would want it band?? if i were yall play meep as MUCH as you can and learn the matchup....most of the people lose to him not b/c of the cg but b/c hes just overall a better player than u

so play him as much as u can...dont bann cg...and deal with it now........right now meep as at WORST the 2nd best IC right now...big deal if you cant beat him...but play him as much as you can...learn the matchp now

wouldnt you rather lose to him in a small 15 person tourny and make like $10 less AND learn the matchup ALOT better....than to ignore the problem by banning th cg....and when you have to play meep or lain in tourny....have it cost you ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of money b/c you guys were too stubborn to learn earlier??

make the smart decision guys....the cg aint going anywhere.......better now then later

ChuDat

Smash Master
so u agree there unwinnable without the tactic right?

haha steve XD~

i only argue cuz it keeps me fairly entertained. Al shuddup if chu just says its my tourney my rules lol.

no bad blood chu i still love you <3

we do have to band together and destroy ny/nj.
Yeah man, no bad blood <3. These arguments keep me fairly entertained as well. Smashboards is boring without stuff like this haha.

ChuDat

Smash Master
You really cant compare ur honorable ic in melee to my dishonorable ic in brawl. People play brawl gay and not honorable. I only care about getting my character up in the tier list. I wouldnt have splited with you at your last dojo if i did care about money. I was like you in melee where i didnt wobble either. Its a completely different game now.

You try playing ic with infinites chu and place top 3 and i will try your method where i limit my grabs.
Why should I play the IC's? What is your point with that? You have yet to show me that "Ice Climbers suck without the infinite" so you can't make that claim.

Candy - Is Meep a overall better player than me? No. I certainly think I shouldn't be losing the way that I am. I'm not able to outsmart him since it just takes one grab to beat me. Yeah, you are right that I should be avoiding the grab. The infinite makes all characters unplayable, except MetaKnight and Snake. I have yet to see any other character beat Meep in tournament. After Meep plays a random character once or twice, it's over. He learns the match-up quickly and ***** afterwards. Beating Meep with Sheik once or Ike once doesn't prove anything unless it is consistent.

I'm sure people will still learn to avoid IC chain grabs even if the "4-5 grab rule" is applied.

meepxzero

Smash Master
ahahaha i love this thread.

things get banned chu because its suppose to be an easy win. i probably wont ever stop asking you to pick up ic in brawl because their play style fits you so well (you shield in and like to grab).

and ive shown they suck without infinites (when i was not consistent with them). Hence why i didnt win anything pre ice climbers neo camping me with ike. My game has only gotten slightly better without grabbing, but its pretty much the same a few months ago.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Why are you posting in my thread when you are banned? Get the **** out.

/new drama.
I can post wherever I want. I wasn't addressing you. And you **** sure wouldn't address me that way offline. You can post in woodbridge threads, so I'll post here when I feel like it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I can post wherever I want. I wasn't addressing you. And you **** sure wouldn't address me that way offline. You can post in woodbridge threads, so I'll post here when I feel like it.
Chu isn't BANNED FROM WOODBRIDGE... GTFO...

jkay

dont care.

melee.

etc.

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
He isn't because Oath, BMX and I don't need to resort to that. BMX would let Oath and I decide, and we said no, because it's really not a big deal.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Ohhh d@mnnn tough guy huh? Why don't you try to approach me in person like that? I doubt you would. Every time I walk in your vicinity I see you with your head down.

meepxzero said:
things get banned chu because its suppose to be an easy win. i probably wont ever stop asking you to pick up ic in brawl because their play style fits you so well (you shield in and like to grab).

and ive shown they suck without infinites (when i was not consistent with them). Hence why i didnt win anything pre ice climbers neo camping me with ike. My game has only gotten slightly better without grabbing, but its pretty much the same a few months ago.
Your Ice Climbers back then was equivalent to my Ice Climbers back when I played in that Game stop tourney and lost to some random Ike player. You KNOW that you have improved significantly since then. Your one Ice Climber was taking on my Kirby in tournament. But yeah, don't deny that you are 10 times better than you were before, technicality wise and mind game wise. You should do fine without the infinite. I don't know why you seem so paranoid without it.

I might pick up IC. I gotta have my title back anyway.

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
I'm not going to make threats or start a fight in your thread, but alright *shrug*

I'll talk it out with you the next time I see you, like a civilized person. Fighting wouldn't be the answer, but I'll leave the decision up to you if you want to go that route. It seems silly to have this argument on smashboards of all places.

And lol about me walking with my "head down" Now you KNOW that's not true. I don't like crashing into people XD

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
It's me, I use this older account when Hoodbridge is editing crew stuff in my name. I'm just not going to threaten this guy online like he likes to do to me, there's no point and it'll solve nothing. If this was a few months ago, I'd have said so many hilarious things that you would laugh all the way through genesis, but I've calmed down on that, it's really immature.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
CHU! G&W can beat Iceis!, not just Snake and MK!

BTW something I learned a long time ago is ICIES **** KIRBY

they out space and out range him in everyway, I guarantee you that Meep will still beat you in tourney even if you do get rid of the CGs because of the match up.

I'm gonna have to figure out an Icies infinite that doesn't require grabbing LOL

Oh, and I like Candy's point(not the one about me touching myself at night)

If you ban it at a small tourney you better hope you don't run into it at a bigger tourney 'cause you won't know the matchup and you'll get destroyed

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
I bet if Chu picked up 1 or 2 more characters, he could beat IC's easily. He can play alot of characters in melee, and it's much harder to learn a character in that game.

Oath.

Smash Ace
Wait... so Lie = Falco03 = Hidden Machines = T2theAJ? Or am I confused? While we're talking about banning infinites, how about we ban Lie's screen name infinite?

Disclaimer: I could be completely confused here.
way off, stay in your cave

btw mow id love to fight you id be great

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
The IC's infinite is mad frustrating. I kinda understand where he's coming from. But IMO, Play to Win is the key phrase here.

Top Bottom