• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: A Chu Bi-weekly! Location change! 1st page updated!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
There are a lot of people viewing this thread
Bones tell me if you're going because I'll make an effort to get your Apex tag (although I think my friend is going to MLG Anaheim or something and might already have left)

S l o X

Smash Champion
I kind of want to team with someone from the area. I'm alright at this game.

Uh, about housing. Where would we be able to stay tonight? Leaving early tomorrow would be fine and all but it's a 5 hour drive we'd rather get through now.

S l o X

Smash Champion
wait CT is coming? who is coming from CT? descendants of cort and the great ZoSo?
Sure! I play with ZoSo a good amount and we're pretty chill despite me forever being *** in his eyes.

Dude, Cort is going to a MA regional in like three weeks. You guys should trek up there.

Looking forward to playing / seeing everyone. D: Hope Chu can have us today, we're leaving like . . . now. Apparently picking up M2K on the way.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I could ask my parents if you guys wanted to stay tonight, unless Chu is fine with it

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
Greetings! My friend and I are from Charlottesville VA and we've been playing smash for a long time but never competitively. We're self taught so we'll probably get rocked, but we'd really like to play with better people so we can improve (we're not planning to win or anything).

How many people will be participating in the melee tournament? It looks like less than ten from reading the thread so it seems silly for us to pay 5 dollars when we have no chance. Can we still play friendlies with you guys if we don't participate in the tournament matches? We just want to learn and have a good time.

Thanks for hosting and we look forward to joining you!

Also i can bring a gamecube/wii if you still need it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I mean, you can go to any tournament and not enter haha
Better to go and not enter, than to not have gone at all
although even after playing for a bit, I think it's fairly common to still go 0-2 if it's your first time entering

Would anyone happen to own a white controller that I might be able to buy at this event? I'll pay up to twenty dollars for one. Thank you, in advance!
I have a spare sliver/purple controller. The rumble motion is removed and I replaced the analog stick with a Wii classic pad stick

This guy had better show up

That last pride match was entirely not legit. I demand a rematch

Greetings! My friend and I are from Charlottesville VA and we've been playing smash for a long time but never competitively. We're self taught so we'll probably get rocked, but we'd really like to play with better people so we can improve (we're not planning to win or anything).

How many people will be participating in the melee tournament? It looks like less than ten from reading the thread so it seems silly for us to pay 5 dollars when we have no chance. Can we still play friendlies with you guys if we don't participate in the tournament matches? We just want to learn and have a good time.

It'll be fun playing vs you

I don't know. It's looking kind of hyped. Having a chance or no chance doesn't matter. Entering is fun

Extra setups are fun

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Definitely coming saturday for brawl, just have to figure out when to leave.... If I come from the south, will the beltway **** me saturday morning?
Also, for nutritional purposes, is there any chance there'll be a microwave available for me to use? :)

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
I have a spare sliver/purple controller. The rumble motion is removed and I replaced the analog stick with a Wii classic pad stick
Humm. I really appreciate it, But I really need a white one for a certain event. Thank you very much, though!

If nobody possesses, or is willing to sell a white controller, perhaps alternatively, would anybody be able to switch the body of a dysfunctional white controller with another, which works?

PhilosoRaptor

Smash Rookie
My friend and I will be able to make it for doubles on Saturday (singles is iffy). We are both kinda new to the tournament scene but have been playing for a while. Anyone got time at some point that day to do some friendlys for dubs and give some pointers?

ChuDat

Smash Master
yea its a good coincidence i happen to be off of work this friday and can play all day... and WTF random m2k being here? i was skeptical, but now im 100% sure of the *** kicking i thought i would get.

I can bring a cube if necessary, and a TV if its really necessary.

M2K teams?!?!?!!? LOOOL
Cube and TV would be nice!

I kind of want to team with someone from the area. I'm alright at this game.

Uh, about housing. Where would we be able to stay tonight? Leaving early tomorrow would be fine and all but it's a 5 hour drive we'd rather get through now.
I could ask my parents if you guys wanted to stay tonight, unless Chu is fine with it
That would be a good idea. :D
Good stuff again Wenbo!!!

Thanks for hosting and we look forward to joining you!

Your welcome! A gamecube/wii would be nice :).

There seems to be a lot of interest for melee! I think 14-18 will come and you can play friendlies if you want :).

Definitely coming saturday for brawl, just have to figure out when to leave.... If I come from the south, will the beltway **** me saturday morning?
Also, for nutritional purposes, is there any chance there'll be a microwave available for me to use? :)
Beltway traffic on Saturday shouldn't be bad! I have a microwave you can use :)

My friend and I will be able to make it for doubles on Saturday (singles is iffy). We are both kinda new to the tournament scene but have been playing for a while. Anyone got time at some point that day to do some friendlys for dubs and give some pointers?
Doubles is my territory! I'll gladly give you some tips, as well as the doubles genius Mekos (I'm sure he'll be happy to help you!)

D

Deleted member

I can play with you guys a little bit. New people are so interesting because they always see the game differently.

Greg, Jason is already teaming with me, aka a slow falcon that gets gimped less lmao

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Hey Chu, if I take the metro to East Falls Metro Station, would you be willing to pick me up from there?

ChuDat

Smash Master

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
hey chu, Im coming up with a friend, he wont enter but he'll just spectate, we dont mind the venue fee, but does it still apply to spectators? $2 is nbd

ChuDat

Smash Master

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Alright I'm leaving tomorrow(Saturday) . I'll leave around 5 or 6am.
I would like to spend Saturday night instead of tonight if that would be okay.

I'm bringing a wii too!

Top Bottom