• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Like, I just don't know what the Brawl hype is looking like. If I did, it would strengthen my decision.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm going mainly for Melee, I've been playing it a lot more than Brawl lately, since I've had a Melee player living with me for the past month or so.

I'll probably still enter Brawl though.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Are you coming G-P? That would be awesome! You should come early and stay at my apartment (or "flat" if you prefer). The weekend before Apex is Magfest, a con focused on video games and music. It's always amazing and it fell on the same weekend as Apex last year which is why I had to miss it.

I like how ive been offered housing right away lol
I gladly take you up on your offer! Im about 90% going to apex. and perhaps this time I wont fly over alone again >.<
Although the rest of them can book a hotel, Imma camp around with various glorious smashers :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Brawl and FC is a joke :/

Honestly imo they should just only focus on Melee. It will be amazing for that but horrible for Brawl in terms of a national.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
won a small wifi tourney today going various characters but mostly as Falco and R.O.B., slowly gaining confidence in my R.O.B. again lol
I went Falco up through Winner's Finals (except game 3 of winners semis where I went R.O.B. and won on Frigate), Fox games 1+2 of GF1 (first game I two-stocked my opponent, second game I got 2-stocked lol), Jiggs game 3 (tried to time out his snake on RC and was like 10% behind when the timer ran out >_>), basically threw game 4 going Falco or something, then GF2 I went Falco first game and R.O.B. for the rest of them and ended up winning 3-2 by playing super gay on Frigate and Halberd.

Maybe I'll start using R.O.B. again if I can fix my timing on b-reverse gyro charge cancel. keeps coming out as a roflcopter. >_>

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Couldn't the roflcopter issue be fixed with B-sticking? I've never used B-sticking before, but I would think it could make things B-reverse gyros easier at the cost of not being able to use Smash attacks or aerials with the C-stick.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
lmao I can't b-stick with rob
how would I do spot-dodge > d-smash

The only character I could ever b-stick with is Peach and all I do if I'm b-sticking with peach is slide everywhere pulling turnips.

I'm just rusty since no other character I play has need for a b-reverse d-special. I was doing fine gyrobouncing and b-reversing/wavebouncing laser and doing burner reverse tricks since I messed around with ZSS and Marth so much lately.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Bsticking is one of the most ****ery things you can do to your control scheme.
I would use it for r.o.b, But theres a minor issue: How do I retreating aerial?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
theres no point to bsticking, wavebouncing can be done easily with default controls. at the expense of making retreating fair very hard @.@ no contest.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Agreeing with this guys. No way do you need b-sticking. The input is actually pretty simple to b-reverse once you practice it some. But as for accidental side-b's, I mostly do it when I haven't played ROB in a while.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah. Manual mode is the way to go. And Ty for greeting my beepa to SWF (little_basa). 'twas very nice of you Sol <3

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Agreeing with this guys. No way do you need b-sticking. The input is actually pretty simple to b-reverse once you practice it some. But as for accidental side-b's, I mostly do it when I haven't played ROB in a while.
I hadn't played R.O.B. in like a month and a half, lol.

Also I used some R.O.B. in tourney today, didn't beat anyone important though. I went like any character I felt like lol. Icies, Sheik, R.O.B., Pikachu, Olimar, Fox, and Jiggs.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Then what's the matter with you?! You know there's no other way to be than R-O-B

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You enjoying it? I like the idea behind the game, but the mechanics felt loose to me, and I wasn't a fan of the Newgrounds flash graphics.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
After a 5 month break from R.O.B., looks like I'm gonna go back to using him. I was actually pretty successful at my tourney yesterday and went mostly R.O.B. and Olimar, with a bit of Icies and Jiggs for one game.

Beep beep! [O O] <3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I don't think I'll ever need to use r.o.b in tournament again, specially with my new pocket snake to compliment Ike
But hell do i love trolling with robs Ftilt

dettadeus

Smash Lord
F-tilt too good.
Or at least, it would be if it was all disjoint instead of extending his hurtbox. ; -;

Anyone know if D-tilt and U-Tilt extend his hurtboxes too?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I actually used ROB in singles at my tournament Saturday, stupid ICs making me use him. I also used a flurry of other characters, because I don't play this game anymore, really.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Man I haven't played Brawl in what seems like at least a year. If I do pick it up again, it'll be with an SD card loaded with Project M.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
No, Jumpman. You're gonna play both. :p My Wario needs more EC ROBs to wifi with D:

(Not like I can talk though, I still haven't tried P:M yet) x.x

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dunno if it's just me, But i honestly feel that no-one is as good as Prof pro at P:M, I'm watching vids of him and watching vids of things like P:M winners finals. And no-one seems to be anywhere near as good

This may be due to the fact that we have fortnightly events with P:M as a primary event (alongside brawl)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I officially stopped liking P:M over the weekend when I lost a tournament match because Peach's turnip hit Snake on the left and sent him to the left, saving him at 190%...

Also I lost to a Peach who just stood there and threw turnips, but maybe Mario is just bad.

Sudai

Stuff here
I officially stopped liking P:M over the weekend when I lost a tournament match because Peach's turnip hit Snake on the left and sent him to the left, saving him at 190%...
Can be done consistently with good enough SDI.

Also I lost to a Peach who just stood there and threw turnips, but maybe Mario is just bad.

ZCatch and throw them back. Mario is amazing in P:M so that's not your problem.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
There was no SDI involved, the kid was basically at the blast zone and he said he thought he was dead, but he got sent back onto the stage and killed me instead.

I guess I didn't really Z-catch much. :/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That was cool until I read the description and found out it was just a camera trick.

Re: Project M stuff
Peach's turnips do seem have a much greater tendency to hit the wrong way in this game. Maybe it's just the way the hitbox is arranged or something. But if we figure out how to make it act more like Melee, we will fix it.

And Mario is godlike. Widely agreed to be one of the best in Project M. But so is Peach.

Top Bottom