• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It isn't too garbage when both players have a good connection.
I've played with people with good connections, and my connection's great too. However, the lag is still there, so while yes, connections do influence lag, the only way to get as close to lag-free as possible is for both players to have good connections and live no more than one U.S. state away.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
theres a min 6 frames of lag hard coded into wifi by Nintendo. AKA 1/10th of a second is the theoretical best it can be.

And thats rare obv. But anyways, wifi is incredibly useful for learning, just don't expect to get all your **** out.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
That is why we have tournaments.
People don't play Marvel online for competition and measuring their skill either. (Except unfortunate souls who cant travel).

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Oh by all means, it isn't the bess. Especially with how I prefer to play ROB. It usually takes me a couple of games to adjust to my inputs.
But yeah, I live in KY. Not much here, yo </3

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
My aunt lives right there in Colorado Springs. She's fine but she's been posting lots of scary pictures on Facebook.

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ive been having a lot of family troubles lately. I wish I could just leave x.x but without a car and making a quarter above minimum wage its hard. what would you guys recommend?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Are you involved with the family troubles or is it going on with your family and it's just constantly around you?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
ive been having a lot of family troubles lately. I wish I could just leave x.x but without a car and making a quarter above minimum wage its hard. what would you guys recommend?
*hug* I'm in somewhat of a similar situation as you. Keep your head up. Have you tried considering talking with any friends and seeing if you can roommate with them? That's always an option, isn't it?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
*hug* I'm in somewhat of a similar situation as you. Keep your head up. Have you tried considering talking with any friends and seeing if you can roommate with them? That's always an option, isn't it?
yeah thats what im doing now. I wont be able to save money from work now =[ but thats life I guess XD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
that is amazing. do you have the source?
Just quote his post and you should see the URL there.
yeah thats what im doing now. I wont be able to save money from work now =[ but thats life I guess XD
Well, as long as you have a roof over your head whilst getting away from the unneeded drama, that's all that should matter, right? :3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I think he means what movie is it from, Sol.

And I'm not sure. I believe it's from some Swedish movie called Troll Hunter. Actually, it may be from some Russian show named Brigada.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What sort of work do you do stingers? Im earning a rediculously low wage (its on the minimum for 18-21Y.O's, Which is about $2 per hour less than the minimum 21+Y.O) but i asked my boss for extra hours, lo and behold, im now working 60 hours a week =_=

If you can get extra hours i suggest taking them, extra money is helpful after all!
But i realy hope the family issues get better and/or left for your sake, they really suck >.<

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just beat Gravity Rush. Amazing game, will probably play through it again (although it seems like there's a post-story?) and explore the city in-depth a bit more.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's PS3 exclusive right?

Maaaan, PS3 has all the good exclusives. Xbox has ... Halo ... aaaand ... ummm ... expensive online.

Unfortunately like 90% of my friends have Xbox's so that's what I went with, so I could do multiplayer thingies and such.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Not quite, it's on the Vita.

Man, if it was on the PS3 the graphics would be absolutely beautiful. They're great right now, but you can tell that the polygon count is kinda low on basically any human character, and a lot of the building/scenery modelling was kinda lazy (the train has multiple surfaces but there's a single "sheet" surface that you stand on just barely above the train, for example).

Also, maybe it wouldn't lag whenever you beat a really big Nevi, since the game tends to lag during their death animation.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I can already play Okami HD on Dolphin.

I miss when all the good games were on PC first. Now they just do sloppy ports of console games.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, but Okami HD isn't just an HD rehash. They have some new things like new trophies you can earn (I assume this replaces Stray Beads) so yeah. Any other changes they've made, they've kept a secret at this point.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
cuz its useless.
every char can technically dacus.
but robs goes like just as far as a hyphen usmash. actually iirc it goes a tad further. but its not very useful

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
*appears from nowhere to mysteriously aid a ROBro in distress with sagely advice*

I'm sure you don't want to go into specifics, but I can relate. I've been there, and was there for a long time. Id be happy to fill ya in on my mess so you won't think "Pssh, he neva had no problems", but- yeah.

My advice is two-fold:

First, realize that in the grand scheme of life, whatever troubles you are experiencing, even when added all up and smushed together, are like 1/9000000th of your life. A drop in the bucket. Remember that strife builds character, and prepares you for the future so that anything that happens later on, you can stop and say: "Eh, this really isn't that bad... I've been through (insert stuff here)." Remember that people worth their salt respect people who've overcome.

Secondly, for less philosophical, more tangible advice- well, its really hard to say without asking for specifics, but I don't want to pry. So, bearing that lack of info in mind... keep working hard and saving up to get you a car. Doesn't matter what kind, really... as long as it'll run. Ya gotta start somewhere, and Im sure you can find a reliable car that may look like trash for a reasonable amount. Until then, continue to shut out the negativity and focus on the positive. Rely on your friends, that's what they are there for and if they aren't reliable... they aren't friends. Try to spend less time @ home, if the trouble is focused there. Try to find a hobby of sorts that gets you out of the house. Heck, even try to pick up a second job if you can, as that will 1) get you more money, faster & 2) keep ya out of the house. It might suck, but sometimes you have to do something sucky, to get out of a sucky situation.

Hope this helps, and if ya need anything- shoot me a PM or get me on facebook (the latter would be easier, as I get e-mail notifications).

8Bitman

Smash Master
The reason I ask, is because it looked decently further than a normal Hyphen Upsmash. I knew it never went far, that's why we all kinda ignored it. But in that video it definitely looks further than 2 pixels...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I asked a commentator that spoke english on a japanese stream last night and apparently OCEAN really did quit ROB =[ he used all MK in their last tourney

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Fu, it is very very important you yell me where you found that image.

In all likelihood they're announcing a US port of Project X Zone

:phone:

Top Bottom