• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Sudai

Stuff here
Go post your thoughts in all the Lucario P:M threads on Smashmods plox? :D

I love him so much and I feel like I get a bit better with him every time I play just cause there's soooooo many different links you can do. lol

Also, yes, dat FAir > FP is AMAAAZZZZINNNGGGGGG. Everyone wants to ASC it in to another FAir but **** that. Do a FF FAir right after and at low %s/if they miss a tech you get to do a ground combo out of it. It also covers the neutral tech option and it's fast enough on LCancel that you can follow the tech and continue the pressure. That ****'s wwaaaayyyyy better than getting an extra 8ish%.

PS: I haven't been this excited about a game in a long *** time.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I've actually managed Fair > FP > Dair > FP > something like a couple times
but started the first FP like really close to the ground.

Meh I'll go post

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'm making my ROB head for the cosplay. Unfortunatly I'm still pending on having someone commission my costume design. It sucks because nobody wants to do it due to its complexity, plus rob just isnt loved in general so people only want generic anime characters :/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Make it yourself, It feels SO much more satisfying when someone goes OMG LOOK AT THAT COSPLAY ITS AWESOME ETCETC

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha, mine arent great either, I dunno how you plan on making the rob but im going to hazard a guess that part of it will be cardboard, you can usually get materials like that from any shop, literally go into any sort of supermarket and say something like 'hey i need a load of cardboard, can i take some from your waste area?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Lucario is actually really popular. Look in the player finder, he's the #1 most played character, tied with Ike. And there are 3 PMBR members who are good with him. I'll encourage them to post more in there.

In other news, Leisha and I completed the first episode of our Let's Play of Pokemon Emerald (Nuzlocke run)! After a couple botched starts, this one went quite well. We definitely wanna get some of you guys in as guest commentators at some point. Tell us what you think!

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah detta, that works. It's just rare to catch people that close to the ground. For me anyway. Like 80% of my experience is vs spacies atm though so all the combo ideas I have floating in my head will prolly only work on like 4-5 people. lol

I do silly things to spacies like DAtk > FTilt > DTilt > USmash > JC FAir > FP > FF FAir > FTilt > ASC Grab. I'd keep going with the chain cause it rarely ends there but the FF FAir and ASC Grab aren't garunteed even not accounting SDI.

JCz, I'd appreciate if you could get them to post more. I didn't really mean he was unpopular, just that the Lucario boards were near empty lately. lol

I reeealllllllyyyy <3 Lucario.

I've been playing more ROB in P:M and I'm finally getting the feel of him, but if I keep playing him I'm gonna need to find someone new to play in Brawl Friendlies.. lol

Sudai

Stuff here
I wanted to do Lucario for singles and Zard for teams but Zard just feels too clunky for me atm. Guess I need to get more badges. :urg:

Ike is my teams man atm. Too strong.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I thought zard was clunky at first, but once I played with him more and more the better he felt. I can control him now even better than some melee chars (falcon, lol).

My lucas is where I feel like I lack control, that lil bugger moves too fast. But thats why I love him <3 lucas main since B+ ;)

With zard, you're gonna be doing a lot of sh nairs. Play him like pikachu =p

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Lucario board has more than R.O.B. board. :T

It's like 6 threads vs 1 thread lol.

And there's only like 3 people who know what they're talking about in the R.O.B. board apparently because everyone else hates the gyro change? It's like me, JCaes and maybe one other person I'm too lazy to name.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, I probably would have got more fluid with him if I kept playing him, but I just can't get over that initial clunkyness when learning him. That's why I've never learned any of the bigger characters in Melee either too. I just wanna go fast. lol

Edit for Detta's post: Yeah it's not -actually- dead. I just want more activity. lol

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'm still active with R.O.B.
I'm sorta R.O.B./Icies nowadays, although I really only use Icies vs like one guy in my region who mains Dedede and Falco and I always destroy him with Icies.

I've been heavily considering dropping R.O.B. and going Icies/Sheik/Maybe Pikachu or something. Bees (and apparently like two other people) taught everyone in my region how to play vs R.O.B., but Bees at least has all the MU experience from playing everyone for 3 years. And I'm stuck with a region who knows the R.O.B. matchup by heart, while I don't know most of the MUs properly. ; -;
Meanwhile, I'm the only Icies player in my region and would be the only active Sheik. I think there's one other Pika player but I'd only really use him for the Snake matchup or something. Maybe teams because I usually team with a Fox/Luigi/G&W and Pika/G&W is broken.
I play a bit of Olimar too, but really only in teams.

Bees still plays R.O.B. though, and I haven't seen him use any other character in tourney (except Kirby maybe once) and he's been getting top 3 in all the tournies around here.

Ohwait right
Pit
that was the other character I was thinking of using instead of Pika

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
That's how I felt with KiraFlax and GV7 in my region, but I stuck with him, and now R.O.B. is a solid secondary for me. I still get wrecked, but that happens with my main man GnW too.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I haven't used ROB in singles since January, I still main him in doubles though.

I use mostly Diddy/Peach in singles now, and sometimes Falco.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I still actively use R.O.B Although He's kinda demoted to secondary, just because ike causes more people to excrete hurt feelings when they lose to him (and the pain and anger of others is my victory fuel)

He's kinda essential to my survival whenever someone takes me to frigate though ^.^

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay well, ill be getting the costume done now, yays! :O

But now I'll have to shed a few kgs to fit in it nicely. Its really hard though since I'm starving right now ;_;

Top Bottom