• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah. You find out what points are for(can't remember if you really find out in the anime) and **** and a looooooot more. I stopped reading at some point thought because it was the last chapter at the time and updates are hella infrequent.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Topic change time :3

C tier?!? Really? B-tier I can understand, but C?? That's below Pit, DK, Zss...we're in the same tier as Luigi. Wtf...:(
Welcome to the META-game, where everyone's standing is 95% influence by the vs MK MU, 3% vs rest of the top tiers, and 2% vs everyone else/character's ability.

Also, what approximate volume/chapter does the manga pick up @ the anime.

Bees!

Smash Ace
R.O.B. is too fun to give up just because of Tier placement. There are plenty of good mid tier mains. Praxis, Zeton, Snakee, Boss, etc. I think I would be glad if my character goes down in the tiers. He may go down. But our skill with him won't.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I don't like ROB moving down at all, but if he has to, I actually wouldn't mind him moving down further than B or C-tier. I'd love to use him in low tier tournaments!

He'll probably never get that low, though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
remember when rob could kill and ppl didnt kno how to DI uthrow? yea, ROB was a tier.

now as ppl learn to DI better and better rob moves lower and lower

uthrow, its directly proportional to rob's tier ranking

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Uthrow has always sucked

I never ever have ever killed with Uthrow below like 165

though i got into rob relatively late...like...july 08...people were kinda learning by then

Dekar173

Justice Man
ROB is good, you guys just have to learn to use the gyro like gods.

95% of players can be overcome with good item control (and an item) the rest aren't always gonna be at your local tourneys ;P

Also, Chibo you beat me in a $2 MM where my entire goal was to kill you with Diddy Hump. Do you honestly think I would stack your percent to 280 and not be able to kill you anywhere before that? lol!

You ARE good with ROB, but your main fault is lack of reading. You've got the boxing game down, but you don't really predict what you should be doing, so you throw out moves and hope to brute force and outspace your opponent, when you could easily dominate with some hard reading.

You and Stingers are VERY close as far as being ROB mains goes, btw. I seriously could NOT rate either of you above the other.

Just thought I'd hijack the discussion :D

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i still suck with item control, gyro placement on stage I feel I don't really do optimally, I need to work on my gyro game because i feel like it has mad potential. though against Diddy Pressure Pressure Pressure Kong I often have trouble doing what I want to anyway.

i have started instant throwing things though, thanks for that dekar...i actually did it in my tourney set with nl, i can't do it like you throwing a million projectiles around all the time and making my opponents want to kill themselves, but hey...practice

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Duly noted Dekar (on the reading thing). idk, it depends on my opponent and the matchup at times. Some matchups (and just sometimes as I'm playing) I just sort of go on auto pilot mode and other times I have to completely play on what my opponents doing (the only way the mk matchup can be done with rob).

lol but why would u sandbag in our MM esp when we were talkin about it b4 originally for NK3? I wanna re watch our match (i snagged it from the wii) but like, afaik i remember being killed from that move because it was an attack that went through my shield which you tricked me into, when I was able to dodge everything else. but yea if u were spamming it meh idk

but like its no different than saying o hey every MM iv lost in i was sandbagging and going for a weak laser kill lololol. and dont take that marth friendly at the beginning as any kind of skill lol. I mainly took the time just to read you and practice general rob stuff :p

I do hope I go to NK3 so we can play more, the only reason I might not is if I go to Hobo xx instead because of an offer I got for it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
ROB is good, you guys just have to learn to use the gyro like gods.

95% of players can be overcome with good item control (and an item) the rest aren't always gonna be at your local tourneys ;P

Also, Chibo you beat me in a $2 MM where my entire goal was to kill you with Diddy Hump. Do you honestly think I would stack your percent to 280 and not be able to kill you anywhere before that? lol!

You ARE good with ROB, but your main fault is lack of reading. You've got the boxing game down, but you don't really predict what you should be doing, so you throw out moves and hope to brute force and outspace your opponent, when you could easily dominate with some hard reading.

You and Stingers are VERY close as far as being ROB mains goes, btw. I seriously could NOT rate either of you above the other.

Just thought I'd hijack the discussion :D
Yay Dekar!!! Colorado <3 you. Also I think he is right. Diddy mains use the bananas masterfully and it helps. Granted ROB doesn't have 2 gyros but the trixies that can be done with one are still pretty good. It can even save you from getting ***** from below if predicted properly.

Also Dekar I wanna learn Diddy as a second. Next time you come to Colorado teach me a trick or 2 please?

Dekar173

Justice Man
@palpi- not as much as being from pennsylvania counters you from having skill!

and ya Chibo that sounds good, I'll definitely be at NK3 so if you make your way there we can do a real MM :p

as for Hobo- you may want to go to a Phase instead. Hobo attendance has been plummeting (no idea why, honestly, but that's the general trend) so look out for that. Going to WHOBO 2? ???? ? :D

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
i still suck with item control, gyro placement on stage I feel I don't really do optimally, I need to work on my gyro game because i feel like it has mad potential. though against Diddy Pressure Pressure Pressure Kong I often have trouble doing what I want to anyway.

i have started instant throwing things though, thanks for that dekar...i actually did it in my tourney set with nl, i can't do it like you throwing a million projectiles around all the time and making my opponents want to kill themselves, but hey...practice

btw, Stingers... if you want I can help ya out with some various gyro stuffs. Its probably (what I feel) is the strongest part of my (lackluster) game. Just offerin'. To be honest, the sets, friendlies, MMs I won at pound, I won bc I utilized my gyro effectively, and uniquely. Im sure if you added that sort of arse hattery to your game... wow.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am just messing with you dekar. (logic is ****ing amazing)

you know there's the love man

chibo, im gonna host a melee tournament sometime, maybe at the same place. Is philly still active in melee? ( i think i stopped playing brawl competitively )

You got the mm in the bag. chibo, bringin adhd to game 3 at my touney haha =]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
My favorite anime is Scooby Doo. The old school one.

Why do you guys care so much about ROB's tier placement? Literally nothing in the game will be different no matter how far he drops. You won't suddenly get worse with ROB. ROB hasn't changed since day 1.

remember when rob could kill and ppl didnt kno how to DI uthrow? yea, ROB was a tier.

now as ppl learn to DI better and better rob moves lower and lower

uthrow, its directly proportional to rob's tier ranking
Are you kidding? Uthrow was always garbage. Maybe it's just because MD/VA had 4 good ROB mains from the start but good players around here always knew how to DI it. And even with bad DI it isn't great.

No, ROB's tier list placement is inversely proportional to the number of MK mains.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@palpi- not as much as being from pennsylvania counters you from having skill!

and ya Chibo that sounds good, I'll definitely be at NK3 so if you make your way there we can do a real MM :p

as for Hobo- you may want to go to a Phase instead. Hobo attendance has been plummeting (no idea why, honestly, but that's the general trend) so look out for that. Going to WHOBO 2? ???? ? :D
What's a Phase?

I know Hobo's been dropping a tad, but it's still strong. Also Xyro's been choosing like 2 ppl per Hobo to invite in exchange for free venue and entry for everything and I got chosen for one of them hence thinking about it.

I am just messing with you dekar. (logic is ****ing amazing)

you know there's the love man

chibo, im gonna host a melee tournament sometime, maybe at the same place. Is philly still active in melee? ( i think i stopped playing brawl competitively )

You got the mm in the bag. chibo, bringin adhd to game 3 at my touney haha =]
If it's in the same venue I'm not sure what kind of attendance you'll get. It's still worth it, but idk if NY would come down for it. But yea theres still a good amount that plays, and I'll be there for sure.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
This *** is high.
:laugh:

as far as rob help

I'm really concerned about matchups. If we could have thurough matchup discussions again, I would be satisfied (and VERY GRATEFUL :))

as for deathnote, I'm about half way through (on episode 20) Matsuba is so stupid :chuckle:

and now I finally know where the music from chibo's ban MK video is from

(refering to this one) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDCG6NF10oU

no one ruin it foar me please

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Why, yes, I did. My crewmates can't stand that face, so I did it just to see their reaction. I'm waiting for a second name change, but I don't know if it'll all fit.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
It wasn't really a conversation, per se, but you remember when Evan said that when we first met you, we thought your R.O.B. was uber legit, but nowadays it's......just a R.O.B.?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
what conversation lol

and jcaesar play brawl lol, the matchup is nothing like + DDD
lol

I still think MK is our worst matchup though :(

comparing the 2

DDD is slower so he can be camped, his edgeguard is weaker then MKs against us, our edgeguard is stronger on him then vs MK. MK has priority all over the place. MK has tornado. DDD has chaingrab, though depending on where u are, the damage varies.

Their both awful matchups for us, winnable, but extremely unreasonable.

I finished episode 25 of deathnote, lol at their gay moment, I'm sad with the ending of that episode though, I wish it could have been different :cry:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm not talking about +, just going by what I knew before I quit. DDD was a lot easier to deal with. Campable, edgeguardable, can't approach you that well, can't kill you that well, all problems that MK doesn't have.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I finished episode 25 of deathnote, lol at their gay moment, I'm sad with the ending of that episode though, I wish it could have been different :cry:
I was going to ruin that episode for you but you beat me to it. I always laugh at people when they get upset over that episode though. I think I'm the only one who didn't get emotionally invested in the characters.

Top Bottom