• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ya it sucks when someone gives spoilers. Someone tried that with me. Despite their attempt to ruin it for me. It still was amazing. There is also two live action movies that are pretty good IMO.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ugh....I sooooo want to ruin part of it for you. Like...sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

I'm sure everyone knows what part I want to ruin..but like..it's almost tradition for everyone who watches it? I know like 3 people who didn't have it spoiled for them and 80% of the people I know that have seen it tried to spoil it for me but failed because someone else had done it already... XD

Brb, flipping coin.

You lucky *******.. It landed on heads. I won't be spoiling it for you.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
so I'm watching the show in english

I finished episode 8

I'LL TAKE A POTATO CHIP...

AND EAT IT

:rotfl:

that was such a stupid line

Oh and thanks sudai for not ruining it for me ;)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I couldn't get into Death Note....I haven't watched any anime in forever. I was watching Bleach, but I stopped after the Bount ****. I really need to start watching again.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i skipped the bount arc completely and love bleach just as much as during the soul society arc. though I'm only on episode 140, and it's at like 200 something right now.

Sudai

Stuff here
Bleach Manga > Bleach Anime by large margin. Don't get me wrong, though, the manga **** too. lol

As for Deathnote, I'd HIGHLY recommend watching it subbed over dubbed. I watched it both ways and you get so much more out of the Japanese version. I normally don't care English Vs Japanese (and some I prefer in English [Read: Cowboy Bebop]), but yeah.. HIGHLY recommend subs.

Also, despite Deathnote getting "spoiled" for me, it wasn't really spoiled. The common spoiler (and the one I'd give) happens about half way into the anime, but it becomes very obvious that it's going to happen 3-4 episodes before it happens (I noticed it 6ish episodes before it happened, but the hardcore clues don't come up till 3-4 episodes prior) so I don't even consider it a spoiler, honestly. lol

jjvirus

Smash Champion
School Days, Haruhi, and Bleach are the only animes I've watched, along with DBZ when I little, but I didn't fully understand what was going on. Probably because it took so long for one **** event to finish x.x

Sudai

Stuff here
JJ, if that's the case (with DBZ) and you enjoyed it when you were younger, watch Dragon Ball Kai. They took out all the ******** "Charging for 7 years" and a lot of other pointless ****. DBZ was good before, not it's just balls to the wall awesome.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
School Days, Haruhi, and Bleach are the only animes I've watched, along with DBZ when I little, but I didn't fully understand what was going on. Probably because it took for one **** event to finish x.x

Yall need to step yo' anime game up.

Berserk is a must see (&read, in terms of manga)
Code Geass & Code Geass R2 were really good
Mobile Suit Gundam: 00 & the second season was really good
FullMetal Panic was alright
Guren Lagann was trash
All the classics: Ninja Scroll, Armitage, Ghost in the Shell (movie), Galaxy Express 999

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Code Geass was another anime on my "to watch" list. Just haven't got around to it yet. I did watch like the first 15 eps of Love Hina, but it got boring afterwards.

Sudai

Stuff here
lol, Dull, you're tellin people to step it up, but you're missing some of the greats too.

FMA (Just watch brotherhood though, srsly), Dragon Ball (much better than Z and looking to be better than Kai, IMO), FLCL, Basilisk, YYH, Cowboy Beebop, Tenshi (most of them anyway), HunterXHunter, Blood+, Hellsing, Eve no Jikan, Buso Renkin, Darker than Black, Kurozuka, Shakugan no Shana...just to name a few. Really, if anyone wants some bad *** anime (of any Genre, I <3 most anime) just ask me and I can point you in the right direction.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
i have a habit of watching animes that started out good, and went downhill. badly. like Phantom Requiem for a Phantom was amazing the first 10-15 episodes and then.... ugh

Dennou Coil i enjoyed it, densuke is soo adorable

Planetes-space trash collectors is the shiz

screw it. go watch Detroit Metal City

edit: whats going on with Darker than black 2 second season? it doesnt have the same qualities like the first that made it good.

oh. Basilisk, i loved that take on Romeo and Juliet.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
lol, Dull, you're tellin people to step it up, but you're missing some of the greats too.

FMA (Just watch brotherhood though, srsly), Dragon Ball (much better than Z and looking to be better than Kai, IMO), FLCL, Basilisk, YYH, Cowboy Beebop, Tenshi (most of them anyway), HunterXHunter, Blood+, Hellsing, Eve no Jikan, Buso Renkin, Darker than Black, Kurozuka, Shakugan no Shana...just to name a few. Really, if anyone wants some bad *** anime (of any Genre, I <3 most anime) just ask me and I can point you in the right direction.
FMA: Seen it, didn't like it that much.
Dragonball: Seen it, didn't like it.
FLCL: Hated it.
YYH: Ok. I forgot that one. That was good.
Bebop: Seen it, was awesome.

The others i either havent seen all the way through, at all, or stopped watching at some point bc I hated it/couldnt get into it

stingers

Smash Obsessed
flcl was ********. i saw it on adult swim awhile ago and didn't see the point. i guess I just didn't "get it" but it seems like the kind of thing that's for people who like reading too much into things anyway

Sudai

Stuff here
Well then, our taste just do not mesh well at all, do they? lol

The reason I love FLCL so much is the randomness in it. It's something I have to hWatch or I won't like it. It's still amazing in that mindset though.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
What, no Pokemon love? Not the new stuff, the stuff that was actually good in the 90's. =D

But seriously, the only anime that I've ever been able to get into besides DBZ, which I still love, is Haruhi Suzumiya, it's soooooo good.

Any suggestions for me? I kinda want to watch Lucky Star because it's similar to Haruhi, but I'm not against more violent stuff either.

:rob:

Sudai

Stuff here
Zombie, try K-On or LuckyStar. Clannad is another I'd recommend from the Slice of Life genre. If you want slice of life mixed with a bit of fantasy, Rosario to Vampire is very good.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
NO

Lucky Star is ****ing STUPID. I couldn't get through the first episode because it was so ****ing boring. It's just girls talking!

Haruhi was great because it actually had a plot line and didn't bore me 10 minutes into the series.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
eden of the east was weird. i had mixed feelings about it towards the end

go watch detroit metal city. its short. very short. kinda like dethklok whose lead singer has a split personality

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Zombie, try K-On or LuckyStar. Clannad is another I'd recommend from the Slice of Life genre. If you want slice of life mixed with a bit of fantasy, Rosario to Vampire is very good.
Sounds good, thanks! And you can call me Zwarm, it's just easier that way. XD

NO

Lucky Star is ****ing STUPID. I couldn't get through the first episode because it was so ****ing boring. It's just girls talking!

Haruhi was great because it actually had a plot line and didn't bore me 10 minutes into the series.
lololol, I'll give Lucky Star a try, if I have the same reaction to it as you, I'll give up and try something else. XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Lucky Star is just loli's being amusing lolis. There is 0 plot. I watched one episode every week or two till I got through it. I wouldn't start with it unless you just want to watch humor with no point.

I can't believe I forgot Kenshin and the Samurai X OVAs in my list of Greats. Those are simply amazing. NGE was alright. I didn't like it too much till the end. I love psychological ****.

I recommend ALL of you watch Serial Experiments Lain. It's truly awesome. Psycho thriller. It's so good.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Zwarm I commented on your tier list blog on AiB. <3 Nice avy btw.

Edit: Sudai, that's exactly why I hated it, lol. I'm all for humor, but that was just ********. XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Zwarm I commented on your tier list blog on AiB. <3 Nice avy btw.

Edit: Sudai, that's exactly why I hated it, lol. I'm all for humor, but that was just ********. XD
Haha, I actually agree with switching them, I just put Peach that low to bug my friend who's a Peach main. XD

Thanks!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
oh, another good one is.... bah, i forgot the name.

But, its where the people are dead... and they go to this "limbo world" or whatever... and put on these suits and have to hunt down aliens or whatever. Once they amass enough "points" they are brought back to life. If they die in the "game", then, they've no chance to be brought back. Like, this big black... orb thingy runs the show. Anyone remember the name?>

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
yeah, gantz!

unrelated, but ive heard from some sources that ROB is gonna be C-tier, or like super duper close to it

Sudai

Stuff here
If you're going to get into Gantz, definitely read the manga. The anime is awesome but the entire last mini-arc is made up and the manga goes on sooooo much further. The anime is good, but the end is **** and before the end is just build up to the real epicness of the manga. Promises.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
If you're going to get into Gantz, definitely read the manga. The anime is awesome but the entire last mini-arc is made up and the manga goes on sooooo much further. The anime is good, but the end is **** and before the end is just build up to the real epicness of the manga. Promises.

yeah, that's what ive heard. ive been meaning to get around to it, but... eh. I might go and do just that, since im pretty bored

Top Bottom