• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's Holy's 21st? Have a good time man!

Oh yeah, and THE RAVENS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS WOOOO!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Jcz Chrome ROB:
It didnt come out like I wanted it to, but this was the only way I could get it to not be.... literally a BLOB of chrome. Hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2gierztmoz
This isn't really what I meant by chrome. There's actually a way to make the texture dynamic reflective chrome instead of some pre-rendered black and white thing. Check out this Marth on this page labeled "Shadow Being": http://kittycorpgallery.wordpress.com/index/marth/
Try it in game. That's what I want for ROB. Someone on Kitty Corp or Stack Smash should know how to do reflective textures. If it's too much trouble though, don't worry about it. Your other textures look really good :)

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
On an unrelated note, ROB shuttle looping would look pretty funny.

He's in the air, and suddenly flies up, loops back, glides forward in a half-superman, half-forward air pose.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Xat is what I'm used to..so that's why I made it a Xat. XD Tbh, first time I used an IRC was a month ago on the Brawl+ one. Only feature I like about it is that it can tell when one is typing.

Also, Gw, I want some of your music. D:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I just came back from a fest and i playd our states best falco and its impossible to win with rob

Sudai

Stuff here
I've beaten Sethlon with ROB a number of times. Never played him in tourney but ask DPhat about how hard we were camping each other even with no time limit.

It's completely possible to win. Learn to power shield lasers and approach to FTilt range. FTilt range is good enough to get him if he does IAP and it's also good enough to get him in the end lag if they do IAP.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you entered normal brawl right? :3

and i doubt I'll enter brawl+ (even though I'd win it all with Lucas) because I have no money.

Xyro77

how does rob in? When i got into ftilt range he just lasered to DACUS and i got *****. He would even OVER B across to the other side and restart.

So you are saying rob BEATS falco?

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
how does rob in? When i got into ftilt range he just lasered to DACUS and i got *****. He would even OVER B across to the other side and restart.

So you are saying rob BEATS falco?
I know that stuff is really hard to deal with at first, but once you figure out the falco's patterns it's makes the matchup sooo much easier. Also like Sudai mentioned earlier, you neeeed to Power shield in the matchup. And ROB is really good at surviving falco's shenanigans.

The matchup has to be 55-45 rob's favor.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Xat is what I'm used to..so that's why I made it a Xat. XD Tbh, first time I used an IRC was a month ago on the Brawl+ one. Only feature I like about it is that it can tell when one is typing.

Also, Gw, I want some of your music. D:
Which ones?

buenob

Smash Lord
(i would repeat what was already said because it's awesome advice, but i won't)
all I can add is:

falco's kill moves = fsmash, usmash, bair

don't get hit by those... never go for ftilt range, risk vs. reward is too small... you should be living to 200%, get him off the stage and rack up the damage that way or just straight up gimp

Xyro77

How do i build damage if ftilt range is risky?? His spam is faster and can pop out more of them then me. He also has CG.

Sudai

Stuff here
Bue, if you never go for FTilt range, you'll never get the lead meaning falco can camp forever.

Allan, I would show you but the fact that I don't play anymore means my power shielding ability has probably dropped to crap. Learn to power shield, it's not hard. Have Sethlon sit there and mix up lasers on you as many ways as possible for 15-20 minutes and you'll learn the timing. That's how I did it. Well, I didn't ask him to do so, but I just let him sit there and camp me with them and once he realized I was power shielding the standard SHDL, he started mixing i up and I learned all the timings that way. :x

Power shielding -is- a must in this MU or else it will feel impossible.

Edit: As for CG, it goes to 20% (at most, probably less but I'm not 100% on it being much lower). Everything after that is a mix-up and avoidable. FTilt range is where you want to be when you're behind, though. Once you get the lead, camp the ledge as hard as possible though. Your options are so much better.

Sudai

Stuff here
I know. I honestly felt that way for a long, long time. It took a lot of MU experience to realize what my options were, though. Just keep trying. :]

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I know that stuff is really hard to deal with at first, but once you figure out the falco's patterns it's makes the matchup sooo much easier. Also like Sudai mentioned earlier, you neeeed to Power shield in the matchup. And ROB is really good at surviving falco's shenanigans.

The matchup has to be 55-45 rob's favor.
no ****ing way lol. thats ********. i even ***** ikons rob with my non good falco and hes a falco destroyer. you too :p

idk man. if the falco has a brain like me, i dont think rob can win. actually

Ill money match all robs with falco that go to pound to prove this :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ROB vs Falco, urgh, that was always one of my least favorite matchups, next to MK, Olimar, and Diddy. ROB ***** dumb Falcos because you can lure them to the edge and bthrow->**** them, but smart Falcos are tough as hell. Then again, there was a vBrawl tourney like a year ago where Chillin went all Falco and *****, and I was the only one there who took a game from him :p so maybe ROB doesn't have it as bad as other characters.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
But ROB is a million stories tall and moves as fast as a slug in salt water

He's just asking to eat lasers

ROB is also a very slow faller without a safe way to land making it easy for Falcos to land stupid fsmashes

Top Bottom