• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<--ChozenOne's "Learn to Fux With Amazingness" Thread-->

technomancer

Smash Champion
I use u-smash out of shield mostly against floaties if they are at high damage and the situation comes up.

It's also useful after shielding Falco's d-air since with the pullback on the u-smash you'll dodge their shine if they do one and hit them before they can get away, and then set up a tech chase, rest, or u-air combo depending on the %. Only Falco, not Fox. Fox's shine has far more range.

N-air is amazing out of shield though IMO.

Speaking of Falco's d-air, if they come straight down on you with one like through a platform or while pillaring your shield or something you can actually shield grab the d-air since Jiggs' grab has a slight pullback on it too, though not as much as the u-smash.

Also something with Falco's lasers I noticed in AR, is that you actually can essentially duck under all of his SHLs with Jiggs. If you only use the beginning 1/2 - 2/3 sec or so on the crouch you can only be hit by 1 very frame specific SHL timing out of countless variances in the timing (something like shoot on 7 & FF on... I forget lol). It's not something any Falco player would be able to reliably time on purpose though. If you stay crouched for more than that amount of time you can be hit by quite a lot of low laser timings though. Jiggs' landing animation (like when landing without attacking or having an attack auto-cancel) is as low as the initial crouch or very slightly lower, and you can go directly into the crouch without popping up at all above that really low level too. That's why autocancel n-air -> duck grab works.
Holy crap I don't even play Jiggly that much and this post is amazing <3 Maggguuusssssssssss

Edit: sorry double postage

TheLegend

Smash Ace
I'm really very tired of keeping up this charade...

On another note-

Chozen tells me [looks around for mods] that apparently he plays the second best Link player in the Md/Va region quite a bit, and likely the 2nd or 3rd best Link on the East Coast. He also tells me that this matchup can be almost as difficult as playing a projectile spamming shiek/peach/falco/younglink if the Link realizes that throwing **** is an excellent way to gain damage, and disrupt Jigg's airway movement, and restrict her path. He also tells me that, though getting grabs as a Link player is quite difficult, and risky verses a Jigglypuff player that a Dthrow to either Utilt or Uair or Dair or UpB can be quite effective for death/damage inducing. Link, Falcon and Fox are probably the three beast Jigglypuff damagers [due to comboing] in the game. Chozen tells me that spacing Bairs [when attempting to start up a combo] is a good approach if the Link is relativly far, but when close Fairs are more affective due to the speed in which the attack speed start up; both should be used in order to knock his crap away from you... Jiggs is no skeleton.. so **** his hookshot shooting *** accordingly.

Rests are actually pretty difficult to land as long if the Link is throwning stuff b/c his bombs and boomerang will either explode, and stop his laggyness, or comeback and stop his laggyness, or will hit you and disrupt you punishing his laggyness. Pretty much look for his UpB out of shield, and punish that... Falling Uair-->Utilt-->Rest is "OK" but i prefer to do the damage by following up w/ more Uairs [b/c Link can pretty much recover from anything].

Link's recovery is quite good due to the fact that his boomerang and bombs make your movement in the air alittle more restricted so you may not beable to come directly at him. Pretty much as a rule of thumb for anyone that is recovering you should get in their face seeing as since they are recovering the only thing they can really do is recover... keep up the pressure, and make him change is plans. If you are indeed a slow *****, then when he UpBs do a Dair inorder to cause him either to fall to his death [due to the unexpected nature (this is alittle unlikely.. unless you fux w/ amazing)], or cause him to UpB again [which will inturn allow you to rest his sorry tight wearing green ***]. If he's sufficiently far away then you know he'll hookshot to the wall, in which case you can get a nice wall spike by using Bair, or Fair. Nair also has sexy priority [hence sex kick], so a well timing one can be quite effective when you're coming from above, and he's below you at an angle.

Fear It.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
chozen likes to post under legends name? the net lingo is exactly the same.
anyway, very interesting magus, thats a good way to avoid annoying falcos

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi vs Jigglypuff. What to do?

I recently played against a Yoshi, who basicly spammed smashes. Of some reason, I lost pretty bad. I have almost zero experience against Yoshi, so any help?

My thoughts are that WoP and the nair are pretty risky, due to Yoshis overpowered Smash. Random smashes = death >_>

Is the pound the best way? Thinking of it (Did'nt use it a lot when i fought him really), the pound can make you bair/fair/nair/(rest?) the **** out of that green thing.

Any thoughts of this matchup?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Rest during Egg throws?

Come to think of it, I also need help against Yoshi. Theres only one pro Yoshi in Socal, and I didn't know what to do against him at all. Whats a good way to counter his double jump cancel thing?

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
mm I would suggest King's rest technique nair->rest that and if you crouch cancel his nair you can rest its like sheiks dash attack

mmm thats all I got

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi players are almost always holding down. I can't see n-air rest working very well. U-air/u-tilt/pound are at least confirmable before resting.
its actually pretty easy to nair rest yoshi its easier than nair resting marth >_>

Magus420

Smash Master
They can CCC well before you can rest them. Yoshi players tend to CC a lot. They don't even need to be actually crouching because the hit is so weak. They can be in the lag of a move and still hit you out of it. If they just chill there afterwards without following up with anything then yeah it should work well. I suppose it's safer than it would be normally since they don't shield very much and would be pretty unlikely to ASDI CC shield the n-air in which case you'd die. Instead you just get d-smash/tilted or something.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
chap just posted on the jiggly forums o my gosh hell has frozen over. Listen to chap he plays a good yoshi all the time so he knows.

If the yoshi just smashes and beat you maybe you should work on full jump mindgames and dash dancing a bit. A smash happy smasher is not to good unless you are chap and you have marths sword.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
How do I deal with Samus and Luigi's B-up attack when they are spammed(so annoying)?
Also, how should I moderate my throws to prepare for brawl?(I have ssb64 for those who don't remember) I know that throws are a whole lot less fruitful in melee than in 64 and it is probably going to be that way in brawl.

TheLegend

Smash Ace
If your opponent is "spamming" a move that has alot of lag during it's completion, then space your Bairs.. and rest their scrubby *** in midair.

As for grabs... they didn't actually get "nerfed" in melee they just changed.. In SSB they were mainly used as a KO move, but in SSBM they are mainly used as the set up to many damage dealing combos. Grabs are still quite important, so don't count them out for Brawl just yet. Continue practicing your grabs like a sexual deviant kindergarden teacher...

Fear It.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
attacks out of dair l cancled are sexy like drill up tilt rest or drill rest never heard of drill forwards smash though

Aero

Smash Journeyman
well jiggly's grabs generally don't combo well, but they are important to use, since landing them will encourage your opponents to shield less -- and that's when you aerial them like crazy

Duha

Smash Journeyman
The legend some of the stuff you say seems to me that you don't know what you are talking about. Some stuff you say is good don't get me wrong but sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha plus look at the two names chosen one and the legend.. so full of himself hahahahaha.... Solid Advice but it comes from someone tha obviously is into looking at himself in the mirror for multiple hours..

Onto My Question: How do you deal with a Y.Link that spams projectiles.. he's quick moving and i get pwned by his ability to shut down the air game.. Please Help me :(

Duha

Smash Journeyman
when i play y.link i like slowing things down a bit don't move around as much. This is So you can react to the projectile spammage. I end up standing around more and trying to power shield the boomerang(if you do take advantage and approach he will be stunned for a brief second to get inside spam bubble). When taking it slower don't get frustrated with projectiles find a way through them and try to force y link to attack and avoid and punish. When you get inside the spam bubble he will start attacking you so make him miss at this point.

make him come and attack you remember projectiles at a distance can't kill you but in close you can get hit into a dair so be careful when y.link is in close.

Also remember when you do get an attack in keep it going you are now inside the spam bubble which means you can punish him if he uses any projectiles. You will begin to feel you have control and then you can make your move.

Goal get inside spam bubble you will feel it when you get inside he will most likely come and attack you spam bubble usually is within aproaching ariel range. When outside focus and avoid spam and don't move around as much and try to make him come in for aproach. Rest his mistakes missed grab or UP B also up tilt rest works well if you can land right next to him.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
<3 spam bubbles in my soda :p

hmm.. young link... CATCH BOMBS! :D :p

you can also attack the boomerang / arrow with bairs or fairs or pound (which btw is awesome against everyone).

also, be careful when shielding too much around him because he can shffl bair to grab and then punish you.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I find it hard to catch with jiggly for some reason i can catch with other people fine but jiggly os not a good catcher and if you can catch a bomb then you have it made

Magus420

Smash Master
Jiggs has a near non-existant item catching area when in the air. On the ground it's better but still not very good.

I usually just avoid them altogether or lightshield to WD the bombs, and n-air through the boomerang and arrows. I find the bombs are what you really need to worry about, as the n-air cuts through the rest pretty easily with its coverage and duration to get in range.

TheLegend

Smash Ace
Onto My Question: How do you deal with a Y.Link that spams projectiles.. he's quick moving and i get pwned by his ability to shut down the air game.. Please Help me :(
Actually.. Slowing down is probably not the most effective way to deal w/ a projectile spamming young link. Clearly you have to wait for an opening, but the best way to nullify his spamming gayness is by getting in his face, and preventing him from throwing **** at you.

Pretty much Bair/Fair his projectiles, and Nair w/ you get really close so you can fall down and grab him.. Bthrow is quite effective, and a Bair can usually be followed up. Also, don't count out your Uairs, b/c comboing him at low %'s is also relatively effective.. then end it w/ some F/Bairs and his recovery is toast. Just be cauntious of his Uair and Dair... and Do Not shield his Dair.. it usually goes though b/c Mr. Young link knows how to penetrate blue balls very well.

Haha plus look at the two names chosen one and the legend.. so full of himself hahahahaha.... Solid Advice but it comes from someone tha obviously is into looking at himself in the mirror for multiple hours..
Only would Chudat look at himself for acouple of hours in the mirror... and the names of Chozen and Legend were not "chosen" they were created out of fire in brimstone as to appropriately express the greatness seen so rarely in many, and granted to afew. It is only a shame for other legends and chozen two's and three's that i humble myself daily to say "Good Day Sirs".. when it is all of you that should be saying "Thank you for the pleasure of your presence of great one.. perhaps someday we too shall inherit some of your glory and fux w/ almost amazing".

Fear It.

Top Bottom