• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<--ChozenOne's "Learn to Fux With Amazingness" Thread-->

TheLegend

Smash Ace
Marth is easy as hell to rest and combo with Uairs.. there are alot of Marth resting trickies i am fuxing w/ putting in my combo vid which is clearly coming soon.

Also...

DI

more on this matchup later [even though it's clearly been answered many a time in this thread]

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
which is the safest way to DI considering all of marth's grabs. aka if u DI up and right or up down but he downthrows / backthrows u its tipper depending on percentage. So is there a safe way to di where u wont get tipped no matter where he throws u

theAPExp

Smash Ace
would mutecity be my number 1 counterpick stage to characters with ifish/laggy recovers there (sheik, marth, falco, capt, ganon, ect) or should i go to dreamland if it's still available past the random (just because i'm harder to kill)

i've seen it noted that brinstar depths (i think that's the one that goes up and down) is a good choice too. i'm not completely sure of the advantages of the stage to puff (if they exist), or is it a stage to expose the weaknesses of other characters (like mutecity can).

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
chosenOne : what would you suggest that would help me do the up tilt with jigglypuff as i seem to have a lot of trouble doing it in matches. up smash always comes out instead or i jump =[.

also, with jigglypuff is it overall better to use the c stick as an attacking option or the a button?
i have been using the c stick since i started playing realy but these days it annoys me when it doesnt work the odd time.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
its partly character advantage/disadvantage, and part personal preference.

I have no idea why, but my 2 favorite stages are MK2 and Japes. :)
i took my friend's falco to jungle japes, little did i know that some video was posted in the falco section about a week ago on how he can "fux with amazingness" there... needless to say it's not on my "falco can QQ while i pewpew" stages anymore

i'm still almost set on mutecity as my first pick, but i'm liking jj more for the ganon/capt meet. i've had some mixed results with sheik and marth so far >.>

personnally i've grown to just completely dislike mk2... puff + friend who can space tipper and has better mindgames = bad enough day on dreamland... why help him :p

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
chosenOne : what would you suggest that would help me do the up tilt with jigglypuff as i seem to have a lot of trouble doing it in matches. up smash always comes out instead or i jump =[.

also, with jigglypuff is it overall better to use the c stick as an attacking option or the a button?
i have been using the c stick since i started playing realy but these days it annoys me when it doesnt work the odd time.
1. Practice. There's no way to fake it. When I first started and had the same problem, the only way I could cheat is if i held up on the c stick while another move was in lag, so when i tapped a, it was automatic tilt.

2. its personal preference. i've seen people mention that one way is "faster" than another, i don't think so, at least not enough to matter. do whats good for you. some things just feel more "natural". I think most people prefer cstick for aerials/quick smashes, and cstick for charge smashes. *shrugs*

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
bait his fairs and punish with bairs. it comes out quick enough that you shouldnt have trouble fighting against him, watch for the djc double fair.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Go to Mute City. Pkt2 has enough lag that you can rest him! It even works for me and my jigglypuff is a piece of crap.

Magus420

Smash Master
Well, the stages that have convex sides to them he can't ride up the walls with the PKT-2 so that's something to know I guess. So FD and BF for example he can slide up the side from underneath to recover, while on PS, FoD, or DL64 he's kinda screwed if he ends up directly underneath the edge.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Ey! I'm back finally! And I've got some advice I'd like.

I know it's been posted in here before about Jiggly combating a Peach, but that stuff hasn't helped very much for me, because this Peach plays very defensively. (Always telling my Jiggly to get away... :dizzy:) It always seems Peach's got a turnip on hand when I try to approach her, and especially if I'm off the stage slightly I end up getting turnip'd a lot, and when stunned close enough the Peach attacks me. (In an angular advance, the turnip gets thrown up and the Peach retreats and waits to react, or similar tactics.) Close-combat, a lot of side-dodging occurs, followed by down smashes usually.

What makes this peach unique is that it is actually defensive-offensive, because once peach gets in an attack after being defensive then she goes all out until the opponent has landed and is trying to start an assault of its own. Annoying to play against... (thought that might be my mindgames deficiency.)

It's mostly in the approach, because I do have an easier time with her when she's been hit away and there are no turnips for defense, but even then I have trouble keeping her off the stage. (Though that's my own horribly-spaced fault.) Any tips on what to do against such an opponent?

Also, what would be the best Jiggly - Peach counterpick stage? Floaty as she is, most stages that are good for Jiggly are also good for Peach. (In one serious matchup, I tried countering with Rainbow Cruise, thinking Jiggly would do better with the stage moving around and stuff. I got slaughtered.)

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
hmm...i might be able to give a few tips. (that probably arent helpful, but whatever, im bored)

first off, remember that most of jiggys aerials can stop turnips (at least the usual one, forget stopping stitchface...). so if peach throws a turnip as youre approaching, knock it down with a quick fair or bair. then peach will be without a turnip, and youll be alot closer (assming you were moving toward the peach. if youre camping on the opposite side, its not going to help much.)

next, a sidestepping peach next to you is asking to be rested. make her regret trying to avoid your attacks.

as for a stage, id reccomend jungle japes. since jiggs tends to die more often upwards, it reduces that. also, the sides arent too far out, so peach's recovery cant be fully used (yes, i know the same applies to jiggy. im looking at positives here.). also, if peach is camping on the side platforms, you can float underneath the platform and uair to throw her off (the klaptrap cant hit you when you are as high as possible under the platform, although it could be a problem when you drop from lag after the uair.).

i dont know how much this will help, cause i havent played many really good peaches, but if it works, cool.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Vs peach I try to do a lot of u'airs.

If your DI is good, try something with a medium to low ceiling and stay under her. Pop a few u'airs and hope she goes star :)

Otherwise, just WoP her and hope she's stupid enough to waste her float, then camp her UpB

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well, the stages that have convex sides to them he can't ride up the walls with the PKT-2 so that's something to know I guess. So FD and BF for example he can slide up the side from underneath to recover, while on PS, FoD, or DL64 he's kinda screwed if he ends up directly underneath the edge.
I don't have problems recovering on DL64. It's possible to ride the ledge and sweetspot there. The Ness just has to be smart. PS is hard only because you can't see what you're doing because of gay camera angles... FoD isn't a good place to go for jiggs in my opinion. Jiggs kills Ness because of gay 0 to death edgeguarding, that's it. Don't leave him on the stage as a good Ness can combo you into gay deaths.

Jiggs best counterpick is Mute City in this matchup. Rest him after he recovers, that's it. Ness NEEDS a ledge to recover.

Magus420

Smash Master
I don't have problems recovering on DL64. It's possible to ride the ledge and sweetspot there. The Ness just has to be smart. PS is hard only because you can't see what you're doing because of gay camera angles...
By underneath the edge of the stage I meant like: say you draw a line from the edge straight downward, if Ness gets knocked inside or including if facing outward of that area he can't recover with his 3rd jump since as far as I know he can't reverse grab ledges with it. In the case of those stages though he can aim it into the curve of the stage and slide up and grab it without bouncing off. I didn't stress it really since it isn't incredibly important, just something to know about.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
One question here. Is it possible to link a Bair (well timed), l-cancel it and SH to rest? (at low % of course, because if it is at a higher % the enemy will be sent flying, unless he Crouch Cancels). I think if the enemy CC it then it's not useful. Thanks.

TheLegend

Smash Ace
At low %'s any arial --> rest is theoredically possible.. however the rest comes from recognizing the ability to press downB when the hitbox is within Jiggly. Inorder for Bair-->Rest to happen relliably Jiggs must be alittle below your opponent, and they must fall in the direction of your Bair.

saberhof

Smash Master
im having trouble vs falcos and foxes that know how to not get grabbed, and the lazers >_> omg the lazers...any tips on some combos or mindgames i could apply to these fast players?.

saberhof

Smash Master
oh i dont get grabbed alot, the thing i said is that I cant grab them! and they shine, should i be dodging and THEN grab?

Magus420

Smash Master
Anyone try shieldgrabbing their shine? I know it works as Ganon and Peach if timed correctly and it's something I do often. Not sure if Jiggs has a high enough grab hitbox to be able to reliably catch them out of a jump as they're going up after it though, since I haven't played those matchups in a while since I learned to do that.

EDIT: Works if they shorthop and don't get the jump out pefectly after the hitstun.

EDIT2: Ooooh, but you can definitely u-smash out of shield the shine if they shorthop out of it.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Little DI-question: When Marth bthrow my Puff, where to DI? When I DI towards the Marth, I't often ends with a tipper >_<

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Little DI-question: When Marth bthrow my Puff, where to DI? When I DI towards the Marth, I't often ends with a tipper >_<
mostly away, slightly down is what i do, usually.

do you all use the control stick for doing u-airs, or do you use the c-stick? sometimes i cant get one out fast enough trying to use the c-stick...maybe im just slow.

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
Vertical Recovery With Jigglypuff!!!!!!

i see the move that some jiggly people use. somehow the pound is glitched or tilted so that jiggly can move upwards. anyway how exactly is it done?

Top Bottom