• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
well we'll see i guess i m playing all stages now so i won't have a major disadv hope it helps.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
ya but ur just as unexperienced on other stages as me i m talking about people who've been playing there for years, prolly be many at the tourney. Hey pm me if u can go to geno's house or the tourney.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
umm...k i misunderstood chu again. well i stoped goin on fd, haven't gone there for like 2-3 dayz, there is one stage that isnn't banned that i hate...its battlefield. i'll loose if i fight anyone there. keep practicin...i might not go so practice harder than u think i'am.

Tundra...where r u!!!

p.s: off topic: did the quick reply box shrink or zit just me...

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I saw the first vid. Here's some advice I feel like throwing out to you

You don't need to shdl all the time, if you can shl well do it instead, master the waveshine to grab>uair combo it works a lot against marth but remember you have to run after the waveshine and grab(I noticed you didn't) also keep in mind other options for comboing such as nair>nair>nair, nair>uptilt>uair, nair into dtilt etc use jabs they work a lot on any character, for example nair>jab>uptilt/up smash or just do a shuffle dair>jab>upsmash. When recovering try to stay away from marths range, for example at 0:27 you should have dropped down a little then illusion or either drop a lot to try a sweetspoted firefox.

I saw the comments on you tube and I tell you that you can DI if you feel like doing it... but well IMO the idea is to predict what your opponent will do and DI according to a certain strategy of your own to try and evade any possible harm, but if you know how to shine out of marth's chain throw(always) then go for it.

On your strategy to aproach him I saw ... **** Uh dude the idea here is to make marth come to you with lasers don't go agressive on him if you're not technical enough to kill him in one combo(or do some serious harm) plus marth has less options when being at the offense you just shield grab and up throw> uair . Anyway you should add up more mobility if you want to go rushy against him, use dash dances and combine them with wavedashes and different mobility tricks to aproach marth(check dalal's guide on fox tricks for more info) I don't know what else to say... feel free to ask me anything regarding on fox and good luck in your tournament

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol no one cares what character he uses... besides I'm sure that he'll always play fox. Btw I'm thinking on playing more falco now... I'm sure you'll feel the need to play with other chars 2.. sometime.

brawlpro

Smash Master
well i do play other characters like pikachu, and marth. i also play falco a lot too because after a day of practicing shffling with fox, i sit down and pwn all cpu's in all star mode cause shffling is a lot easier with falco, so it feels good not messing up, and i also like falco's ridiculous spike.

none the less fox is played 3 times more than any of my other characters.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Good stuff. You both have room for improvement, but you're not bad. First of all, your friend.

IMO your friend's Marth needs a lot of improvement. He might start out with a little bit more variety. And this might just be me, but he should also be atleast 3x as fast as he usually goes. That'll make his approach so much less predictable. The way to accomplishing this speed is by combining quick wavedashes with his running. Also he should try to space more, especially against Fox. He should use his SHFFL'd Fairs and Dtilts to space. When he catches Fox off guard, grab if he's at less than 30%, or combo if higher. Fsmash is always safe. Now you.

Your Fox should also be a bit less predictable. Use your shield more, as well. A useful tactic is to put up your shield just as Marth is about to attack. He'll hit your shield. Then you could wavedash out of your shield into a Usmash for a kill as high %, or a grab/shine to start a combo. Personally, I would use the shine a bit more than you did, but that's your preference. You also need to use some more SHFFL'd Nairs. It's also useful to Lcancel those into shines. Then, if you can waveshine, do it into a grab. SHFFLNair > Lcancel Shine > Grab > Uthrow > Uair is a fairly nice combo. As a plus, use some more DI, especially when getting chaingrabbed. He might mess up and you'll be free.

An easy way to improvement is watch videos of other Foxes. Peach outz

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
Going to bother DI'ing against the chain grab? Or edgeguarding the Marth, rather than lasering him while he safely returns? Stop spamming your firefox, and learn to pass through them with aerials.

brawlpro

Smash Master
well i would have edited but it seems ppl won't know of a new unread post if i edited it, so heres the update:

Well i have a big update, i uploaded 3 more new vidz, they include match#8, a fox ditto, and my falco vs edge's fox, here they are and as usuall i want help!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNUo3JlNfW4 my falco dreamland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbeClEsVymg fox ditto pkmn stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Q7kAqOV9Q match #8 fox vs marth(this match might seem funny, pay attention to dumb mistakes)

new vidz tomorrow!!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Shine>Foxfire? Either that's the worst immitation of a zelda mindgame i've ever seen, or you're trying to learn to multishine. And you're learning it wrong. Plus it's not going to help you at all now anyway. So stop putting time into practicing it. You've got loads to work on that will help you out a ton.

A few things you need to work on:
JC grabs. Never miss them. Get those down on the double.
Dash Dancing. Think of it like the new roll/ spot dodge. If ever you want to dodge/ roll, dash dance instead.

I haven't watched your falco's vid.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
cool this thread can finally help me out too :) and watch the falco vid bc i thats me really playing fox.

brawlpro

Smash Master
scotu, the multi shine firefox mistake kix in during matches that are being recorded...

oh, and i did aight in tha ditto, now i'm startin to learn some middle tiers characters aswell, but i won't quit fox, its just school has ***** tha both of us, they started it like 2 weeks early this year..thnx, anythin else, dash dancin usually leads me into the lag animation forcin me to wdash out of it, can't keep a good rhythm.

O and new vids tomorrow cause i forgot ma sd card a my house wen i wen't over...

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'd say learn how to combo more than two moves together. Look up some combos on the boards or try experimenting. See how certain moves flow into others. Half of the point of learning advanced techs is to expand your combo possibilities. The other half is to avoid getting comboed or killed.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Ok i just watched the last 3. My advice to your falco is: work on your lasers, theyre too high and u dont fastfall them. get those shine combos down, i saw u were somewhat doing it but u have to be able to do it in your sleep. They are very useful, especially on fox,falco,falcon. Also, when your opponent is level with the stage and about to recover, they will either phantasm or firefox/bird. A simple laser will edgeguard them effectively so they have to drop down and firefox/bird, which you can easily spike / downsmash.

My advice for fox: it seems pretty solid, could use some more experience with edgeguarding (lightsheild edge hog, phantasm/firebird ).

My advice for fox and falco is to learn to edgetech, its very useful and if your opponent is on the stage , ready to edgeguard, you could always do the short phantasm. (very useful if you can use it consistantly)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
with falco u have to time it correctly, with fox just spam B as fast as you can. Also (this will sound weird) uptilt with fox can be used as a combo starter / edgeguard as shown in this combo video me and some of my friends made at 1:45 also u can use mid air shine to turn yourself around to edgeguard with a B-air shown in our combo video at 1:50. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lO9ICosJ4&NR=1

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Brawlpro, just curious, where in St. Louis do you live? Your Fox is pretty decent, but we've never seen you at any of Geno's smashfests except for the last one.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Brawlpro, just curious, where in St. Louis do you live? Your Fox is pretty decent, but we've never seen you at any of Geno's smashfests except for the last one.
i live in florrisant mo(as in the ghetto*) about 22mins away.

well thnx for the compliment lixivium, i will come to the next fest, i'm only 13,you prolly already knew that tho, so it was pretty hard tryin to convince y'know my parents to say yes to it, but now that i have gone to geno's house once and had a great time, you can surely expect me at almost every others! i am hoping to see you there as well, geno's on vacation tho right? peace outz lixivium and again i appreciate your comment;)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
oooo, nice and calm stuff!!! but hay if you wanna get more views, edit your tags, i only saw 2 tags, add "ssbm combo vid" etc. nice help btw! which one were you?
the reason we didnt have any tags was because it wasnt intended as a serious combo video, it was just so people would house us before/after OC3 and im usually marth / fox

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
mm i added you but it says you arent online.. mm yes ill re add you. Also, I'm going to be getting some matches up soon ill be sure to give ya a link.

brawlpro

Smash Master
dbl postin so ppl can see this:Nice, i got 2 more fox vidz, my n00b character's vidz are bein uploaded right now as i write, well here are matches # 9 and 10. plz critique and tip. JUST SO U GUYS NO I DIDN'T SAY A WORD IN THOSE VIDZ, THOSE WERE JUST MOSTLY PPL IN THE BACKROUND WHINING AND CHEERING.

NEW ****:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AQLkrJY_pw (dreamland#9)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttUEQrbTFs (ooo doraki# 10)

greenblob

Smash Lord
Work on combos. Marth and Fox are combo-heavy characters. If you can't combo with them, you won't get very far.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well, you guys are getting better. You need to stop spot dodging so **** much. Also, you'll notice that when you just run around (i.e. with dash dances), you'll be able to bait more attacks, and punish in smaller amounts of time. You *need* to start using the DD more effectively. Dash in and out of his range, and if you feel pressured, run away into a dash dance/ shl. Speed up your laser game (i.e. with fast falls), and get more mobility while doing so. You pretty much just stayed in one spot while lasering, and that defeats much of the purpose. Also, you need more Uthrow>uair. You need to get a feel for when moves should be followed up into a combo, and when they shouldn't be. You ran into to many attacks trying to combo, and left good opportunities to do nothing. Also, try to make better use of the fox fire.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
he doesn't know what he's talking about. uthrow>uar. Nair>uair. utilt>uair>dash attack>uair. Hell, even waveshine>uair. (don't recommend that last, but it's flashy as hell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom