• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Oh...sry bout the postin, smashboards frooze wen i clicked on sumbit reply so i clicked on it more than once, turned out i tripple posted doin so.
O and oskurito, post up ur links here or pm them to me, cause i wanna c more of ur matches, aswell as silent wolf's, or u can just link me the threads and i'll go there, yeah do that, link me to ur thread and i'll watch em aswell as post there, o and i might make vids tomorrow, its up to edge, if he can comeover.

HEY OSKURITO, LOL IN UR THREAD THEY COVER UP UR FRIEND ****'S NAME
its just a name, but oh well, his marh was still awesome especially in the 2nd vid with the whistlin and stuff.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
the best advice i can give you is to find a marth that punishes you better for using your second jump. You need to get those bad aspects out of your game by playing with more skilled people, or at least people that arent in your crew.

brawlpro

Smash Master
yeah, but edge's marth isn't all that bad, did u c him kill me in the earlier vids, i think his temper got the best of him...his nervousness, and i think he won a match but he accidently deleted it. ha, i still can't stop laughing over that:laugh:
hey, i think ur near scotu, r u near university of michigan, scotu's fox is all calm and great, click on his sig to c him play.

brawlpro

Smash Master
This thread isn't about dbl postin, that happens wen my comp or this website get's screwy, i am not refering to doraki instant wall jump, wen u edgetech, i'm not sure but can't u wall jump while u r still on the place where u teched, i've seen scotu and silent do it, but i dunno if it was a doraki's jump or not???

Oskurito

Smash Lord
This thread isn't about dbl postin, that happens wen my comp or this website get's screwy, i am not refering to doraki instant wall jump, wen u edgetech, i'm not sure but can't u wall jump while u r still on the place where u teched, i've seen scotu and silent do it, but i dunno if it was a doraki's jump or not???
Right after you've edgeteched press the direction you want to walljump (away from the stage obviously...) it's simple, and if you want more in depth data about how to insta illusion, etc. you can always ask scotu

brawlpro

Smash Master
i'm gonna pm scotu, anyways oskurito, i've seen ur guy's vids & both of u guys seem even but in diff styles, cause 4 me both u guy's r awesome "foxen" that can help me quite a bit, anyways thnx 4 explaining that wall jump, i knew u could do it but i just didn't know if u tap the direction before, after, or sametime, pce.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i think he won a match
I won more than A match :ohwell: it'll be great if some of u guys can help me out i m running out of things to improve all i know of atleast :dizzy::

brawlpro

Smash Master
I won more than A match :ohwell: it'll be great if some of u guys can help me out i m running out of things to improve all i know of atleast :dizzy::
the matches u won, other than the 1 tat got recorded, were cause my brother raamish wouldn't shut up and he kept annoying us, and his annoyance isn't handled all tat great wit my concentration, it bothered me more than it prolly did u, even if i live with him, u can't learn to get used to him.

o sry i said i think...i was thinkin of sometin at the time...

Randizzle

Smash Ace
i haven't read through every post so please excuse me if i'm repeating something

for the fox: you've got a pretty predictable approach and style. you also leave a LOT of openings. shine more! shine a lot more. shine after shielded aerials, shine randomly, waveshine into smashes, waveshine into grabs. i can tell you have the technical to pull it off, so do it more! some of the combos you fell for should NOT work so pay attention tech those. DI a bit better against the fsmash, it'll keep you alive pretty long. you dash attack a little too much. be really careful with it, it's easily punished.

for the marth... play smarter. you have the basics down just learn the grab game better, edgeguard more aggressively and punish his vulnerable recoveries more. when you're recovering, space yourself and be ready to swat the fox out if he tries to shine spike you. also, sweet spot the edge more when you use the up+b. There's a lot of openings that you're missing. pay attention to when he misjudges the range of his attacks and grab or tilt or do something. dashdance a lot more. marth has an amazing dashdance, and the dashdance grabs are freakin' broken. USE THEM MORE. you can also try using tilts a lot more. the IASA frames for them are just amazing. try gimping the fox a lot more. marth can be really cheap against fast fallers...

overall, you've got a good start. just play more and play smarter and you'll get better.

scotu, we are probably due for some newer vids soon. i want to see how my current style handles the matchup, k? also, i want to critique my own fox a bit too.

brawlpro

Smash Master
thnx, i'll make sure to shine like a maniac in our nxt vid, hey don't unsubscribe just yet cause i want u 2 c our nxt matches.;)

4 the dash thing i did it a lot mainly cause of this reason: i dash attack - he blocks it - he goes for a guardgrab(forgot wat its called but y'know "a" while ur blocking) - i tilt the cntrl stick forward during my lag time after my attack is blockrd - he ends up missing the grab - and then i utilt - uair.

is this understandable?

Randizzle

Smash Ace
he's doing it wrong is all i can say. you can try dash attacking past him so he can't shield grab you afterwards, but don't expect it to work all the time. dash attacks are rewarding when they work, but they're also really easy to punish. don't forget that marth has a ridiculous grab range.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
On Walltech jumps, just either hold up or x/y while you tech. It gives you a walljump. I find it easier to use X if you're going to SDI. On Insta Illusion: It's quite simple: while teching, hold toward the stage, and press b the moment after you tech (so you don't fall very far, the illusion will turn you around, and you'll grab the edge before the illusion even gets to it's motion frames.

Yes, Randy and I are going to get some new vids soon. Either this weekend or next.

Edit: Brawlpro: i have played Kerp before, and he's got a pretty solid fox.

brawlpro

Smash Master
scotu, could u pm me links like to the thread or sometin,:) wen u get them.

as 4 kerp: i'd like 2 c his fox, where can i go to do so(google or youtube), he seems pretty cool with fox accordin to u. i mite pick up a few things from him.

he's doing it wrong is all i can say. you can try dash attacking past him so he can't shield grab you afterwards, but don't expect it to work all the time. dash attacks are rewarding when they work, but they're also really easy to punish. don't forget that marth has a ridiculous grab range.
i think that i was doin what u said without knowing it, i think i was dash attacking past him, well k, i won't expect ot to work when i go to tournies, anyways if edge comes tomorrow we can make a few more vids, we r thinking about going to stages such as n64dreamland, fountain of dreams, pokemon stadium, and others not banned from most tournies.
edge said he is now better with his marth but is really runing out of things to practice, if u guys wanna help him out feel free to do so, anywayz here r his threads:http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111033
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111101
as 4 him making two, i dunno...ask him.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
use google video to look for vids because it shows youtube videos and google videos. google is going to buy the world someday.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Just wait for them to come out with Google OS...

Yeah, plus i use Google video to upload all of my vids, since youtube's not great at batch uploading, and it has a max of 10 min/ 100 mb.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
if you were still interested.
google doesn't have a limit of 100mb, crap, me and my brother have had an awesome sc2 vid made and couldn't upload it on youtube cause its longer than 100mb(its 106mb T-T), i'm glad i didn't delete it, thnx sco2, i'm a ghead and go there for it.:p

and yes i'm still interested, i am gonna go ahead and watch kerp, i'll edit this when i'm done.:)

EDIT: kerp's fox is hella a lot better than mine, but that pikachu Anther was ruthless!!!

brawlpro

Smash Master
hey edge go to google for their vids, click on scotu's sig, and then go to vids on top or just search it.

i told u guyz we were gonna go to other stages but edgeswipe said no, he wanted to do his best so he decided to go to fd again.

we r gonna make a few more vids again today......but he said if i win then we r even, u guys agree, if he gets owned on every match including on and off camera, doesn't that clearly mean i'm better(or it could be the other way around), he said that can just mean it was a bad day 4 him, he said i owned u in da past so if u win now we r even.

He ALSO said video's don't matter, he gets nervous and what not during them, which i don't think makes sense cause in a tourney u have pressure too, so wat r u gonna say the same thing when u loose one.

i dunno, well me and edge will have a few more vids uploaded by tomorrow and posted on the intro and a new post, check em out.

O and he also said that he doesn't wanna come to my thread to discuss this stuff, but i'll bet he'll be viewing it.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
no i m nervous bc u always wanna see whos better in tourney i wouldn't mind losing bc i know i m not the greatest, and u always wanna decide whos better on one match which doesn't prove ne thing bc i've beaten u thousand of time before and losing 1 match dosen't change ne thing. O and u didnt KEEP owning me don't exaggerate i won but we didn't catch em on tape.

ps: don't turn this into an argument. Thnx :p

brawlpro

Smash Master
no i m nervous bc u always wanna see whos better in tourney i wouldn't mind losing bc i know i m not the greatest, and u always wanna decide whos better on one match which doesn't prove ne thing bc i've beaten u thousand of time before and losing 1 match dosen't change ne thing. O and u didnt KEEP owning me don't exaggerate i won but we didn't catch em on tape.

ps: don't turn this into an argument. Thnx :p
umm, dude, i beat u just as much, and it wasn't 1 match that time it was more like 5.
anywayz aside from the argument how long will u stay, i wanna know how much practice time we have, and i wanna c whos better? yeah i do, but not in 1 match, i wanna c whose better by whoever owns on that day the best and most.:ohwell::p
and that exaggeratin ownin part was an example.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
umm, dude, i beat u just as much, and it wasn't 1 match that time it was more like 5.
anywayz aside from the argument how long will u stay, i wanna know how much practice time we have, and i wanna c whos better? yeah i do, but not in 1 match, i wanna c whose better by whoever owns on that day the best and most.:ohwell::p
and that exaggeratin ownin part was an example.
Then play a 3 out of 5

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
fine fine i'll do 3 of 5 just stop being annoying with it :/, o and u didn't beat me as much before we started taping i won almost every match u won like 1 . Just stop making me look bad

brawlpro

Smash Master
ur makin me look bad, and i didn't win once, u just quit every time i started to win cause u said u were lookin bad...
anywayz i'll ask again...WHEN R U COMIN AND 4 HOW LONG man

ps: u didn't win almost erymatch, if u did there is a good excuse...i couldn't view advanced techniques cause i didn't have internet, while u did..., but before advanced techs we WERE even, o and now i'm worried that we won't have nuff time on the camera 4 five more matches. :/
but i'll figure somethin out...if u have an sd card bring it, if not just bring ur camera if mine runs out of time.:)

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
u quit when i was winning...i thought we were even. and for the excuse wat r u talking about i started doing adv tech same time as you and i wasn't talking about months ago i was talking about before last taped match and i DID win almost all of the non taped once. OMG!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Come on guys, this isn't about making the other person look bad. It's about getting better. @brawlpro: it would give you better critique if you posted games you lost.
Also, it would be much better to post a 3/5 w/ counterpicking. That would be good.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Come on guys, this isn't about making the other person look bad. It's about getting better. @brawlpro: it would give you better critique if you posted games you lost.
Also, it would be much better to post a 3/5 w/ counterpicking. That would be good.
scotu, there was 1 vid that we made in which EDGESWIPE won(NOT MEANING HE ONLY WON ONCE THAT DAY, MEANING HE WON IN 1 MATCH THAT GOT RECORDED) i was gonna post that one up, but EDGE acccidently deleted it, as for how come, ask him, scotu matches # 1 and 2 were posted by me and i got owned in them, so i would post up my losses when i get them(possibly today).
ANYWAYZ, yeah, we r gonna stop the flammin now, and i will put up vids that actually get recorded and lasts in there till the end of the day no matter what the outcome is. Again...my loss got deleted, not by me, by edge ACCIDENTLY.
Counter pickin, if ur talkin about stages, then edge won't let me do it, he won't fight anywhere other than fd.

NEW VIDS 3/5 UP TOMORROW...HOPEFULLY BY NOON:)

Randizzle

Smash Ace
until you're a top pro, people don't really care much about who wins or loses in your vids. just how well you play. I'd be a lot more impressed if you play well but lose, rather than win a game with against an opponent that plays poorly.

hell, i probably lose against scotu in at least 60-75% of the matches we record, but I typically do pretty close to him in most tournaments and i sometimes do better than him against certain people. like scotu said, you should just use the videos to learn from. i find that the videos where i play poorly are most beneficial to me because it shows me what i do wrong.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Thnx, i understand that now, but in order 4 us to do a 3/5 match w/counterpicking, someone else has to convince edge, i'm sure he will only wanna go to fd, we were im-ing today and he said no only fd, i tried already tho, i'm afraid he won't play if i try too hard:(:urg:
but its too late, he's prolly on his way to my house rite now. this sucks.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
To be fair, brawlpro and edge, neither you two nor any of us have the ability to ascertain your relative skill levels (at least at this point in time); this is especially true in a context as limited as recorded friendly play between two players who often play together. I myself have been in a similar situation. Whether consciously or otherwise, you two will adjust to the other's style and tendencies over time such that your sets and individual matches will constantly see-saw back and forth between you. As such, it becomes difficult to see who is on top, and this can only create more debate akin to what is happening right here.

Really, what you seek to accomplish for yourself simply cannot be done in this thread alone. Our textual guidance is all well and good, and the more experienced among us may even be able to comment on some aspects of your mental game, but reading the words of others can only do so much in helping one to improve. The only way for you to improve noticeably (if you are really serious about doing so, that is) is to go to tournaments, lose, and then try your best to understand why you lost. You then head back home, change up your game (which could even happen in the middle of the tournament itself without your noticing), practice your technical game, and press onward to your next personal phase of development. Of course, you should always include your personal circle of Smashers in your practice sessions, but the only way for one to progress as a player is to expose oneself to various styles, mindsets, characters, tendencies, and so on, all of which cannot be done by playing consistently with the same group of people. This is the purpose of tournament play, to open your own unique play style to the scrutiny of others by competing in tournament-level play, allowing others to see your mistakes and punish them, and then learn from those mistakes and grow as a player. The thing with playing constantly with the same people is that you will not receive varying input on your game; everything will always be seen through the same eyes, those of your local Smashers, and those often-inexperienced eyes will not always pick up on very many holes. Again, this is why tournament play is your key to improvement. We can only do so much for you here.

This all sort of ties back in to my first point. The only way for you two to determine who truly is the better player (if such is your goal, that is) is to compete regularly in tournament play and see how you two each stack up to the rest of the field. The overall winner in your own personal one-on-one battles does not in any way determine the superior player. A player can be as skilled as they wish in one particular character match-up or against one particular player, but if he or she is demolished in tournament play by every other Smasher on the face of the Earth, what does that say about his or her overall skill? Only by competing in tournament play and looking at the big picture created from that play can you truly determine who is on top.

Sorry if that seemed kind of lofty, but I just felt like saying something on this issue. :)

brawlpro

Smash Master
umm, cuning, tournies r hard 4 me to attend cause i can't drive and wel, parents don't really like it, anywayz i am gonna go to smashfests, they happen like every friday at this 1 stl smasher's house genoblast, and the whole stl smash community goes to his place, we r gonna go to the next one, so do u think those will help our game if we don't go to tournies???

Hey, Cunnin, u should really think about becoming an author thnx:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom