• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
umm, cuning, tournies r hard 4 me to attend cause i can't drive and wel, parents don't really like it, anywayz i am gonna go to smashfests, they happen like every friday at this 1 stl smasher's house genoblast, and the whole stl smash community goes to his place, we r gonna go to the next one, so do u think those will help our game if we don't go to tournies???

Hey, Cunnin, u should really think about becoming an author thnx:laugh:
Yeah, age is usually an issue. =/ Same with the parents thing.

johns

But seriously, though, Smashfests will absolutely help your game. While you won't have to contend with the pressure and nerves of a tournament match (probably a good thing for less experienced players, and even some of the more experienced ones), you will still be exposed to a wide variety of characters, players, styles, tricks, and so on; that, in the end, is what you are really looking for in order to improve. When you do lose to someone (even if it is just friendly play), see if they can tell you anything specific that they picked up on that allowed them to beat you; for example, maybe they were catching you jumping near the ledge too often, or double-jumping too often, or spot-dodging in the same situation repeatedly. The most important thing, as I said in my previous book of a post, is that your game be seen through many different players' eyes. You then learn from your mistakes (easily the most important thing right there) and continue to progress as a player.

And thanks for that author quip. You're far from the first to suggest that to me. heh

By the way, there's a Midwest Circuit tournament in St. Louis something like August 11; you should see if your parents would consider allowing you to make that one. That would be a prime opportunity for improvement. Who knows, I may even be there, work permitting.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
CK is too good when it comes to textual lecturing.

@ brawlpro: SGAB 1 (She's Got a Bomb 1) is the MWC event CK mentioned. If my parents would let me ride for 10 hours to go there, i'd be going, but they won't, so i won't see you (maybe at some in ohio). You should definitely go. It'll be the single biggest improvement factor in your game since starting to play.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
yeah, it'll b great 2 meet some michigan players, anywayz on youtube, the uploading process frooze twice already, uploading vids might take a while.

watch vids if u wanna c me get OWNED!

BTW: Scotu, get brawl on realese date, i'll play u in dat if i can't go 2 ohio, play online.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
Sry we only recorded on fd even though we played other scenes unrecorded. Well the argument is over for now which is a good thing.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
we did go 2 other places remember. Well i dunno think there was a confusion i thought u knew that i was ok to go to other places. O well. its cool. O and i can't come over bring it when we go to the smashfest.
PS: On an average tournament level play for far do u guys think that'll each of us will go? just a guess.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Dude, we argued over if we should record on other stages, u were saying no and i was sayin yes we need to go other places, u declined.
ANYWAYZ...i meant u wanna record on other stages nxt time, on the post where i said u left ur memory card, well do u.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
Dude, we argued over if we should record on other stages, u were saying no and i was sayin yes we need to go other places, u declined.
ANYWAYZ...i meant u wanna record on other stages nxt time, on the post where i said u left ur memory card, well do u.
i was fine with recording in other places, just i m me these things, useless on a thread.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Sorry guys, the argument above was a misunderstanding, he was saying that he had changed his mind when he came over meaning he would've gone anywhere, but i still thought he didn't want to go to other places since he said no to goin to other stages not to long before he came.
anywayz on topic from here on out.

check out my new vids(edge owned) in about 2 hrs.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Umm, guys i know i said lets get on topic from here on out, but my brother said something i just had to tell u guys, he said "Tch if u know ur gonna loose, then why r u gonna go to a tournament anyways...tch", he is so gay and i bet he's gonna say some unexpected **** to my parents, he hates ssbm, i still dunno why, he wants to purposly have his b-day party on august 11 instead of nxt weekend, his b-day is actually on the 14th.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
thnx. Hey since this is before the our first tourney it'll be nice if u guys can help us out.

brawlpro

Smash Master
u improved alot all i can think of telling u guyz is practice. u guyz improve on every vid
thnx 4 sayin i improved, stuff like that is helpful to me.:)
preparing for the tourney on the 11th;)
i will post the vids up right after my dad is done usin the comp, sry its taking this long guys, and edge, did u make a new thread or what, give me the link to it.

brawlpro

Smash Master
before i post up my lossesT-T, let me point out something to u guys from 1 of my fellow stl smashers
The basics are there and I can see that you have a feel for the mechanics of the game, try sitting down and practicing some advanced tactics such as waveshining. You'll get worse for a little while, as with learning most techinques, but you'll be a better in the end.

Keep it up. Gotta play you guys some time btw. Maybe you can come over some day and me and A2 can play.
Qouted for the **** truth:laugh:
anywayz here they r guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HEw0M5IXaY(did i get worse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdK-bEWP1wU(edge totally dominated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEpK_rflRTw(keep in mind i did win twice, but that don't matter, edge won like 5 times)

sry if i disappointed some ppl tryin to c me do better, anywayz here u go, finally uploaded, give me ur thoughts guys.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
HA! You've got the right plural for Fox: FOXEN. Some others don't see it that way, but they're wrong. Now to watch the vids.

OK:

(apparently, the 3rd match has a malformed video url...)

Solidify your shffl game and your waveshine game.

Try to spot dodge less, and less predictably. Remember, a well placed DD is better than a dodge in many cases. (dash out of range, they attack, you dash back and grab/ etc..)

Ledgehopped Uair is mostly inferior to ledgehopped bair against marth. The bigger hitbox (with higher priority) will connect more often, and to marth is just as lethal.

When you're DDing near someone, and they spot dodge, That's what you should consider a win. That grants you a free grab/ usmash. Take advantage of it. That's what DDing is all about, pressuring them into leaving themselves open. The closer to them you can get away with DDing, the better.

Don't firefox so close to the stage. If anything, either illusion (possibly w/ shorten), or drop down/ away and firefox so as you can be less predictable. Also, Ledgehopped firefox is always a no.

Give that marth a challenge in his CGing. Try mixing No DI with 1/2 behind DI (like, only tilt the stick 1/2 way).

At one point in match 2 (or 6...) you kept shffling straight into fairs. Don't do that. Very your approach. Always try to attack when they don't expect it, or can't do anything about it.

Here's where the advice starts getting more theoretical, and less concrete. You need to cover your *** more. Try spacing your nairs in a defensive manner that doesn't leave openings. Try to dodge less, dashing out of the way is often a better dodge. This is where you need experience. You need to figure out how to space things to leave fewer openings.

Overall: Huge improvement since your first vids. You're looking better and better by the day. Just try to keep some of the above in mind in the near future.

brawlpro

Smash Master
no offense to u edgeswipe but i just want this to be an all out fox thread, again no offense to u but if u guyz wanna tip edge's marth which i wish u guys would cause dude has been running out of things to do please comment here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111101
remember...no offense so don't think of it as in the wrong way, u get it?
again...no offense.
i don't want some **** to start again.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i didn't mind it when u asked for help on my thread but ok i'll stop asking for help here :)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Yeah, sry about that, i should've pm-ed bluedeath, u can ask em but tell em to visit ur thread, u did once already, sry 4 askin on ur thread again, tat was before this thread had these many replies(i think). hey, i can't get a hold of the stl community, man we better find out if partners r needed. anywayz we should be partners, u agreed but i'm just makin sure, my im is froozen right now.

brawlpro

Smash Master
i can't, like i stated before i can't get a hold of the stl community, erytime i pm some1 that lives there like gonoblast or smdvds, smashboards freezes, anywayz...try to im me, maybe if u do it first then it won't freeze.

(all of a sudden no one wants to watch my vids...)

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
1. you can shl faster than that.

2. dont use firefox when youre so close to the edge, especially against marth (you saw what happened)

3. In my experience as fox, i find it pays to be more defensive against most marths. (until you get that hit, then you f**k him up) Try waiting for a missed fsmash to go in for the JC grab or something of the sort. I believe this will help you immensely if you keep at it, it can help with mindgames, spacing etc. Just make sure your fox likes to dance.

4. dude, if you play fox, you need 90 percent or above of your fast falls and l cancels, i suggest you work hard on that part as it is essential to fox.

5. more shffl to shine > wavedash>grab>uthrow>usmash>death you gotta do this. >.< (you can even shffl to waveshine to NAIR against a marth, i think its pretty cool looking.

6. dont make it a habit to roll into the marth. LOL

7. if you are serious about smashbros you WILL play on a stage other than final D. Not only does marth have an advantage there, but at any tournament youll be at a disadvantage not knowing how to play certain levels.

heres a list of some neutral and cp stages:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
FD
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Corneria
Pokefloats
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle (i think this is the one with the barrel and rotating platforms)
Jungle Japes
Onett

if there are any i forgot lemme know.

8. You can dtilt a marth into a jab/nair sometimes.

9. In regards to comments made during the third video by a third party: you do need to be faster

10. I saw some good stuff at times, you just need to be more precise in your attacks/get faster and basically have more experience, youll get there eventually.

keep practicing and posting vids!

brawlpro

Smash Master
thnx kerp, we were gonna go to other places but edge picked fd all times so i didn't say anything so he thought i didn't care if we went to fd, l8r he said "u didn't say anything so i tot it would be fine to go there, i would have gone to other places", it was a big misunderstanding, our next match will be either on ftn of dreams, yoshi's story, pkmn staium, or dream land n64.
hey kerp, any tips on preparing for maybe my first tourney, i can't stop thinking how nervous i'll be, and mathos or cunningkitsune might be there aswell, how do i get over my nervousness, is it possible to get over it on ur 1st tourney anywayz?

darkshy

Smash Ace
I noticed in the first match that you use your Up-B alot in terms of recovery. I remember from reading the guide that when you recover you should change up your stratedgy becuse tere were a few times instead of shielding, Marth could have just forward smashed you off the stage. Use that side B recover!

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
okay, heres a convo i had with dope. (dope is a pro falco if you dont know)

K: Do you ever get nervous?
D: Yeah i still get nervous, anyone who says they dont is lying.

short and to the point, but still... youre always going to feel a bit nervous.

just let yourself know before any match youre in, and no matter how badly youre being beaten that you can do it. If its cunning or your friend edge, it doesnt matter, the concept applies.

You can also attempt to channel your nervousness into positive fighting energy/speed.

Itll also help for you to play a lot of friendlies to get comfortable in a tournament setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom