• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Nice, i got 2 more fox vidz, my n00b character's vidz are bein uploaded right now as i write, well here are matches # 9 and 10. plz critique and tip. JUST SO U GUYS NO I DIDN'T SAY A WORD IN THOSE VIDZ, THOSE WERE JUST MOSTLY PPL IN THE BACKROUND WHINING AND CHEERING.

NEW ****:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AQLkrJY_pw(dreamland #9)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttUEQrbTFs (ooo doraki# 10)

Teh old stuff...but still okay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNUo3JlNfW4 my falco dreamland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbeClEsVymg fox ditto pkmn stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Q7kAqOV9Q match #8 fox vs marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HEw0M5IXaY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdK-bEWP1wU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEpK_rflRTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60WGG-SG4o0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUjDAxMvM7o (u guys mite wanna full screen this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElxGO2hXWM ,the language might not be suitable for lil childeren :laugh: :chuckle: :p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9M6L8nNxEA .

O and if u guys wanna say stuff about edgeswipe21 i fought, can u guys comment here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110326

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
hmm. well first thing I noticed, the excessive use of the firefox. Now, don't get me wrong, SOMETIMES firefoxing to another side of the stage MIGHT be alright, strictly depending on the situation, but leading your firefox close to a Marth, and especially a marth will get you ***** by a smash. Maybe not against Edge, but not all Marths will fall for that.

I also saw a couple of n00bdashes in there (attempted wavedash, ended up airdodging) haha. Don't worry I do those sometimes as well, I just thought it was funny.

You did well to keep your spacing against a marth, but then you sort of ruined it by firefoxing, meaning the marth can regain composure and attempt a strike at an opening. I shall repeat myself, stay away from those firefoxes!

Around 2 minutes and some odd seconds, you up threw him and attempted to chase, once you missed the first time, I'd say wait till he comes down, mindgame him a bit there.

around 2 minutes and fifty some seconds you attempted to get back on by firefoxing directly at marth when you could've firefoxed to the ledge, reason being is if he timed that smash a bit earlier, you wouldve ended up off the platform again. Don't be so aggressive with those firefoxes (I know, these redundant tips all revolve around the firefox, but really pay attention to that)

and last thing I'll point out is the rolling. I noticed a lot of excessive rolling, especially rolling into the marth while he's just standing there, that could mean death versus a good marth since they'll just chaingrab you until they're ready to kill you. Instead of rolling, make a mindgame out of recovering from a fall, or wavedash in the opposite direction. At least that way it will leave you an opening to attack if he advances.

Edit:: Come to think of it, now that Kenny10 mentions it, you didn't waveshine the marth. That's definitely a key combo. lead into it with a mindgamed SHFFLed Nair to Shine, Wavedash, then you'll have to run a tiny bit into a JC grab or Usmash. you can do other things out of the wavedash as well, but the grab or Usmash is most common (from the grab you'll Up throw to Uair anyways most of the time).

One thing about the SHL, they're good for spamming when you're far away, just don't go too overboard with them, especially since marth can travel some distance VERY quickly.

Also, make sure you're using those Nairs and Bairs, on FD they're great combo-ers and you can usually bring a marth from one side of FD to the other with 2 SHFFLed Nairs and finish with an CCed Usmash.

On the ledge, don't ledge hog that much against a marth since his sword's reach will punish you every time. instead, wait on the platform a bit for him to make his way back on, you can mindgame him onto the platform, making him roll back on into your perfectly spaced Usmash.

Mainly keep your distance with the marth, mindgame him into some stupid mistake, and use the recovery lag to punish him with some nice combo starters and finish with your Usmash. Since Marths KO around 96% with an Usmash, it's your best bet, Horizontal KOs don't work all too well with a Marth because of his Sword Dance recovery.

oh, and lolz at the whole "I'm watchin' Fridaaaayyy" haha.

Anyways, keep at the good fight, and I hope this helped you a bit.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
i dont know who told you that firefox was good but they are wrong. and both of you need to work on your mindgames everything was really basic and predictable. and it would hurt to shine alittle more you can start up alot more combo's like that.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i stopped watching when i saw you attack w/firefox 2 seconds into the match.

in all seriousness though, you need to revise your strategy. against marth you should be trying to get a grab in and then uthrow --> uair. you did this sometimes but in general had too much wasted movement w/double jumps and firefoxes.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Okay, i've practiced and will have a new vid over the week-end, so could u guys watch that one and tell me if u saw an improvement, i'll either re-edit my intro or make a new post, and i'll stop fire-foxing too, thnx for tellin me guys, on the first vid i think i lost wen edge had two lives, on the second it was one, maybe cause we both were nervous and he sucks wen he is nervous more than i do, so i'm planning to beat him with the help of this thread and every tip in it on the vid comin over the week-end, keep in touch...please keep in touch and check it out, especially u guys: Tundravalco(cause u've helped me in the past), Kenny10(cause i liked ur guide), and iconicSLEAZOID(for ur tips), and also everyone else whose willin to share advice cause i can never get too much. Thnx guys.

brawlpro

Smash Master
i dont know who told you that firefox was good but they are wrong. and both of you need to work on your mindgames everything was really basic and predictable. and it would hurt to shine alittle more you can start up alot more combo's like that.
Thanks for pointing out our mind games suck(no i seriously appreciate it cause now i know i have to work on em:)), O and if u guys r wonderin why i firefoxed like a mad-man, its because i noticed that whenever i do it edge just stands there, so i kinda interpruted it as a mind game, thnx for sayin its not all that great too, i'll try'n stay away from it a lot from now on.:)

brawlpro

Smash Master
i stopped watching when i saw you attack w/firefox 2 seconds into the match.

in all seriousness though, you need to revise your strategy. against marth you should be trying to get a grab in and then uthrow --> uair. you did this sometimes but in general had too much wasted movement w/double jumps and firefoxes.
o ok thnx. but dude the vid accedently started like 10sec l8r:laugh:

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i stood there bc there was a change he would target me and it'll be useless 2 move, secondly, if he ran away theres no way i can keep up with the fire fox and there almost no lag after it so atacking him would cause me lag and possibly get punished. I m twisted, wat can i do?

brawlpro

Smash Master
i stood there bc there was a change he would target me and it'll be useless 2 move, secondly, if he ran away theres no way i can keep up with the fire fox and there almost no lag after it so atacking him would cause me lag and possibly get punished. I m twisted, wat can i do?
Edge, man on ur post u should've told them to tell u the solution on ur thread so it can get bigger and u could have all ur advice in one thread, anyways i'll tell em. If u guys have a solution for edge to go against a firefox, could u guys post it on his marth thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110326

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Okay, i've practiced and will have a new vid over the week-end, so could u guys watch that one and tell me if u saw an improvement, i'll either re-edit my intro or make a new post, and i'll stop fire-foxing too, thnx for tellin me guys, on the first vid i think i lost wen edge had two lives, on the second it was one, maybe cause we both were nervous and he sucks wen he is nervous more than i do, so i'm planning to beat him with the help of this thread and every tip in it on the vid comin over the week-end, keep in touch...please keep in touch and check it out, especially u guys: Tundravalco(cause u've helped me in the past), Kenny10(cause i liked ur guide), and iconicSLEAZOID(for ur tips), and also everyone else whose willin to share advice cause i can never get too much. Thnx guys.
K, i'm fine with negatives, but ur post was retarted, go post somewhere else "robyextreme"!
Thanks for pointing out our mind games suck(no i seriously appreciate it cause now i know i have to work on em:)), O and if u guys r wonderin why i firefoxed like a mad-man, its because i noticed that whenever i do it edge just stands there, so i kinda interpruted it as a mind game, thnx for sayin its not all that great too, i'll try'n stay away from it a lot from now on.:)

You just Quadruple posted. wow. WOW. there is an edit button...

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
people r mocking me on THIS thread

There's always a way around a firefox when you're a marth, just because he starts one doesn't mean you have to wait for him to finish. If that was the case, Fox players would be using it all the time to keep a Marth at bay and on his toes.

Option A) Shield and Fsmash

Option B) Time his arrival and Fsmash

Option C) (Not recommending this one, but...) Jump into the line of fire and use Marth's Counter.

Option D) When he firefoxes away, chase immediately into a dash attaack.

Option E) If he firefoxes near you, short hop Fair or Uair.

etc.

etc.

Basically, the only reason you never see the pros spam a firefox is because it's so easily predicted and easily countered. Now, the reason these people might be giving you such a hard time is because you're making a big deal out of something that gives you an opening to attack when you're a marth. And when he starts off with a firefoxed attack, just counter it, 'nuff said.

brawlpro

Smash Master
OMFG wheres robyextreme's amazingly recognizeable avatar??? he took it down 8(

learn the basics of advanced play. then use them in match. watch how m2k plays fox so that you hav a model to see how fox should be played.
O ok, i've been watchin silent wolf a lot cause of his awesome music and fox, i've only seen a handful of m2k's vids, but i guess i'll watch em more often now...thnx...i guess.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Your fox doesn't actually look that bad. You've got a pretty good understanding of how fox is supposed to beat marth. I'll just give you a few tips on how to tune up your play a bit more.

Lasers: It's good that you shl, and you used it correctly when you did use it. You could use it more however, and make marth approach you. You should work on FFing it, and try getting a little more mobile w/ it, i.e. retreating rshl. I saw you full hop single lasering. Just use FHTLs, the bottom laser will still hit, and it covers if he jumps.

Nairs: At low %s they combo into either a utilt or a dtilt depending on which side of them you land. follow each up w/ Uairs. At medium>high%s a nair combos into a jc usmash.

Firefoxs: i think everyone covered this allready. This is the biggest weakness of your fox. Never use it above the stage except for situational situations. For recovery, you basically recovered like a cpu. Vary your recoveries, try sliding along the stage for a sweetspot/ edgetech, or going at a higher angle and FFing to the edge. your edge returns were pretty unchanging as well, you always illusioned. Watch vids of M2K's fox from around FC6 to see how to use that well.

Shffling: Shffling has the potential to help your game out a ton. While not completely necessary (your fox did pretty well w/o it), it can make you much better quicker. I slide my thumb off the bottom of x (putting your thumb in a good c-stick position). For nairs, try using z to get the nair out asap. Also, while doing your full hops remember that it is still important to FF and L cancel.

Shining: On marth there are two good things you can do if a shine connects: 1) waveshine>jc grab>uthrow>uair. 2) waveshine>jc usmash. Try doing those a bit more. You didn't attempt any waveshine combos, and they can help you to own.

Double Jumps: Some of them were used extremely well. Others.... well, not so. Don't always DJ in the same way, wait to see if they're going to do something, then DJ away, and if they don't don't bother wasting your jump, just continue falling and drop a nair.

Overall, you had decent spacing (except recoveries/ edge returns) and spacing is how you defeat marth. One last thing is that you can DD more (with longer DDs) to make your fox faster.

I hope this helps.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Your fox doesn't actually look that bad. You've got a pretty good understanding of how fox is supposed to beat marth. I'll just give you a few tips on how to tune up your play a bit more..
WOW, thnx, first time i got that:laugh:, well anyways thnx for the tips too, i practiced em over nite, but there is somethin about d.i. i'm worried about, whenever he chain grabs, and i d.i., i get worried that i'm gonna end up up gettin tipped, and i noticed that fox can die when he gets tipped around 60-70%. Any solution?:(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
camp and laser, don't get grabed, don't let him do tgm combo, smash DI

SCOTU

Smash Hero
WOW, thnx, first time i got that:laugh:, well anyways thnx for the tips too, i practiced em over nite, but there is somethin about d.i. i'm worried about, whenever he chain grabs, and i d.i., i get worried that i'm gonna end up up gettin tipped, and i noticed that fox can die when he gets tipped around 60-70%. Any solution?:(
Mix up your DI. Marth can 0-death fox on FD if they are good enough. If you're at 32%, and the marth doesn't pivot grab, you can shine out w/ no DI.

Edit: and make sure you DI the fsmash, unless you're at the very edge, it shouldn't kill you under 80ish% (edgeguarding woudl be required).

brawlpro

Smash Master
K thnx for all the help iconics and scotu , hey this might b off topic but my marth's pretty good, i'm gonna put up a vid goin against edge's falco who isn't bad either, sorry i just had to say that, it'll be in marth's section after its uploaded too, again i only want ppl who have time to check out my vids, cause since i'm not that great u guys shouldn't waste ur time even tho i would appreciate it. Oh and the new vid with fox will come same time the one with my marth does, how should i post my new fox vid cause i dunno how it will get more replies, strt new thread, new post, edit my title and intro post, etc.
Anyways please leave me advice that someone else forgot.THNX!
O and i practiced too so nxt vid won't b as disgusting;)

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Just post again in here and then edit your first post putting the link up there as well. No sense wasting space making a new topic. And you're welcome for the advice. I'm no perfect fox myself, so some of the advice I give is mostly from personal experience what you should and shouldn't do. I know some are just staple knowledge, but if someone as reputable as Scotu says anything contradictory to me, I'd follow his advice before mine. But you're welcome none the less. I look forward to seeing how you've improved in the next vid. I'll try to get some videos up soon as well, the problem is, I don't live close enough to anyone to just get a video quickly. maybe this tuesday though.

brawlpro

Smash Master
O ok thnx, but sry for the camera, it'll be the same one, oh and also sry for the dumb commentary. I did take scotu's advice and practced over night, i don't have time in the morning:(, i also look forward to seeing ur vid, well i hope i win and i hope u do too, r u good enough for silent wolf, cause i like idolize his fox?!?

Yeah, i also don't have anyone that lives close to me either, edge lives like 15 mins from me so i try to go there a much as possible, to get better y'know.

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
haha. lucky you. I have to travel 40 minutes to play with people I know. And that's also traveling to work as well.

Edit:: No I'm definitely not as good as Silent Wolf, I wish I was. haha.

brawlpro

Smash Master
O great, i got into some crap with my parents, now the vids gonna have to wait unless i can try and convince my mom to take me somehow:veryconfu
Anyways, still check this thread out once in a while guys, iconocs u go to regional zones, cause i bet there is someone closer, just go look there, and bout silent wolf, other than his fox, i also luv the music.:laugh:

foxmaster101

Smash Cadet
ok ur not really that bad jus shorthop and fastfall itll make u alot faster and if u dont l cancel(i cant tell if u do in the vid cuz its a lil blurry) then then start it also makes u faster. i hope i c u on brawl soon and by then u will be extremely good practice makes perfect

brawlpro

Smash Master
:)yeah, thnx foxmaster101

Hey guys, i got 2 new vids today, i will post them up after they r uploaded, please tell me what u guys thought of me in them, like did u c an improvement or wat, there is some noise in them cause we were at this party, and we could play there, but the only t.v. that was available had some foreign ppl in the backround, but no offense at all cause hell they were my race, anyways in one of the vids this kid changed our zoom level so u guys r gona b able to c the wall, just watch that one in full screen, it will look fine, the other one the zoom level was good, anyways i'll post up the links on the intro and a new post tomorrow, cause they r bein uploaded today, c ya'll.:)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You can DI UP at 13%-15% and shine
(watch this vid[at 0:17] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOLeFrJ01g) ^^ never DI against marth!! because DI = up tilt combos or f-smash
This is a chance to Reiterate the fact that DI parallel base trajectory of the move does nothing. Up or down against marth's uthrow is the same as not DIing at all. Also note that at these %s marth can in fact regrab you if he pivot grabs. Also note that it is not a good idea to always NO DI, because that's extremely predictable, and equals just as many utilt/ uair combos, often ones that lead into a dair. What will sometimes work, is mixing it up between no DI, and slight backwards DI (towards behind marth). W/ this 1/2 DI, it's more difficult to tell that you're actually behind marth.

Apologies to Oskurito for taking apart his post 1 piece at a time and correcting it.

brawlpro

Smash Master
sup, i went to the doctor just to get rejected by him, me and edge made a few vids yesterday but the one where he won accidently got deleted...

anyways here they r guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60WGG-SG4o0#GU5U2spHI_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUjDAxMvM7o

scotu, foxmaster101, oskurito, iconics, tundravalco...and every other awesome fox like doraki and silent wolf, not to mention m2k and lunin who prolly won't lookat this, i can use all the help u guys can give me, sry if i left anyones name out, i can only remeber a handful.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
At least better than before. Too much dash attacks, use nair instead it can also combo into uptilt>uair, you made a good use of Upthrow>uair, I suggest comboing it from a waveshine or drillshine for best results, for example at 0% dair>waveshine and run a little then grab marth(before the stun ends) and upthrow>uair.

Change your aproaches, a good marth will **** you if you keep doing those full jumped aproaches, your main aproaches should be nair or dair both of them shuffled but IMO you should'nt aproach marth... laser him and make him come to you ^^

brawlpro

Smash Master
alright, new vids will come up in 2 weeks tops(prolly earlier), i need to practice until then, thnx oskurito, r u a pro by any chance, if ur "hell" then u look like u could take on m2k, not sure that u'll b successful tho(no offense at all, ur fox is great), i'll b sure to c more of ur or whoever hell is, vids too, they really helped me out.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
only watched the first new one. You've improved a little, but you still have much to work on. I'll be adding more to this when i get home from work, but here's a start.

Try doing longer (slower) DDs, and wait for marth to make some kind of opening.

You're starting to get a hand of Wavedashing, so the first things you're going to want to do with it are: wavedash back out of a dash (i.e. Pulsewalk), and waveshine.
I saw one waveshine in there, but it was really short, and slow. Try to speed it up, and make it longer. Also, when learning to waveshine, it's important to be able to dash out of the waveshine (ie into a jc grab).
Practice Shffling next, try to get the shffld nair down. (try using z, so it comes out the moment you leave the ground).
DJ less, and when you do, do it away from where your opponent is heading.
Make marth come to you, use lasers esp. SHL.
mix up your DI out of the chainthrow like i mentioned earlier.
Basically try to flaunt yourself as a target to marth, just at his max range, make sure you don't get hit, then punish him in his lag.

That's all for now...

Edit: Not quite....

L cancel should be one of the first techniques you master. (along w/ DD and JC grabs, which you mostly have down).

Edit 2: seen 2nd Vid, same stuff applies. Firefox less, and farther away from the stage.

foxmaster101

Smash Cadet
nice job edge and brawlpro ur already gettin better and brawlpro shuffles will make u much faster and harder to attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom