• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
huge improvement your mindgames were defnitely much better and you took great advantage of the dash dancing. i would have liked to see more shine > upsmash or shine > grab but your waveshines dont seem long enough on the times you did try so practice getting those alittle longer try taking a couple of steps after the wavedash. the amount of uthrow > uairs brought a tear of joy to my eye you used that to your full advantage.

overall in a couple months i see you winning some decent tournaments with relative ease. keep up the good work and by any chance do you live in new jersey it would be awesome to fox ditto you.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
This one time, i was completely un-warmed up (had zero tech skill) and i was doing the uthrow>illusion off the edge combo semi frequently. (instead of shine).

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
that happens to me all the time but with me its waveshines. if im waveshining somebody across the stage the last one always just finds its way to an illusion which leads to my humiliation. its a rule with my friends if anyone illusions off the stage you have to wait until hes in the parachute falling animation thing and you have pause it and then zoom in and out as everyone calls you a noob. it defnitely makes you more careful about illusion suicides.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
oh, yeah. The classic fox combo: waveshine>illusion off the edge. All the pros do it. It's practically better than the single standing laser w/ falco.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
nothing compares to my patented reverse warlock punch when switching from fox to ganondorf. anyway scotu we WTFPWNED this topic lets get back on track. LETS SEE SOME NEW VIDS BRAWLPRO!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i dunno, i think my trademark maneuver: edgetech a vertical sending move (i.e. roy's dtilt) into a falcon punch was pretty sexy...

At Brawlpro: work on L cancelling a lot, then SH, then FF, then combine them. Also the to learn to waveshine into a dash, it's more important that learning to waveshine longer.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
sorry man, its hard for me and edgeswipe to make vids, i dunno but neither can drive, i'm not old enough just yet and edgeswipe only has a liscense without insurance, we r tryin to make as much vids as we can, my brother's b-day is comin up and edge is prolly gonna come, so we will make a few more vids then, its gona be in a week or so.

anyways lolz to u guys, i also have that illusion problem but thats only during practice tho, it will still b nice 4 a good solution .

edgeswipe21 started a thread askin 4 help on re-countering a shine wen i shine him to stop his chaingrab, do u guys know wat he can do to counter it and wat i can do to re-counter his counter? sry if this sounds complicated.

O and do u guys want us to go to a different stage in our next matches?

thnx again guys.

edit: o yeah scotu, i am working on my shffling and stuff, its getting better but slowly. i still think i can get it down by our next video, thnx.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
On chaingrabbing:
Marth can chaingrab fox w/o anything special if fox doesn't DI until 32%. (if fox DIs the % goes up, w/ full DI it can go into the mid 40%s).

At 32%, fox can double jump or shine out. cause it's too early to utilt>reagrab.

UNLESS marth pivot grabs.

marth can pivot grab fox until around 35-37%.
convieniently the same %s the utilts start connecting in a way that you can regrab off of them.

Utilts (w/ occasional regrabs) will combo to high 60%s at which point if they DI, you can tipper Fsmash, and they die. DI that fsmash well.

If they don't DI after these utilt combos, shffld uairs will work. They combo into a ton of stuff depending on DI. Regrabs, utiltis, fsmashes, dairs, more uairs, ken combos, etc. My favorite way to end a CG is to juggle them w/ Uairs to an edge then Dair them.

If the marth does the above, well, you should've banned FD. If you didn't, well, mix up your DI. I commented how already. Fortunately for all us foxen, all marth's are not M2Ks. So just watch for any flubs, and be ready to shine out or DJ out.

brawlpro

Smash Master
k, thnx, off topic and out of curiosity but do u main c.falcon or fox? ****it, my summer is almost overin 13 days, i am afraid i won't get to come here that often, if anyone is in highschool, could u please tell me if u get time to come here, i just wanna come here as much as i can, and also i stopped getin e-mails from gideon, this IS off topic but i just wanna know answers to these dumb probs.

about my fox scotu or whoever wants to reply: this mite b a bit dumb but i'm confused over wat ff and dd is, its familiar and i think i know wat it is but its not comin to my mind.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I main FOX (2nd CF, just i like the CF avatar better, cooler looking, better colors & contrast, etc), See the sig. Click it if you don't believe me.
Dude, there's plenty of free time in High School. don't worry about it. (i'm in college, so i'd know).

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Watching your new videos. VERY big improvement over what you were. haha. congrats. But there's still a lot to work on.

While dash dancing is good, try not to do it so openly with a marth, it can leave you open for some nasty smashes on smaller stages, and here, you're not really fooling anyone. haha. If you do plan on dash dancing, do it slowly and more methodically, that will give an illusion as to which way you will go, rather than spaztically going as fast as you can which is obvious what you're going to do next.

At 1:45 on the first video, you chased after an airborne marth and shined. If you had Uaired, you would've landed the kill. be aware of percentages at all times and know how to change your game according to those percentages.

Be mindful of your jumps and be careful not to double jump your way into something that they're waiting for because if they knock you off the platform, you'll have wished that second jump was still handy.

When you dash forward and wavedash back, only use that in certain situations, and don't overkill with it. You'll want to use that as a mindgame when the person is recovering from a fall so you can mindgame them into a grab -> Uair. Dashing to backwards wavedashing repeatedly fools no one and gets you Fsmashed by a marth. I learned this the hard way...

Oh and don't think I missed that firefox attack you did........stop that. lol.

Well, for now that's all the major points I can hit on, I have to finish a few things so I might be back to comment some more. But overall, great job, it was a big improvement over that short amount of time. Keep it up, and just make sure you keep practicing.

Less dash attack, and less rolls. I only saw a few rolls, but there's usually a better thing to do in those situations.
Get faster at L-canceling into shine.

Just get more consistent with basic techs. Become able to wavedash out of shine whenever attempted and things like that.

brawlpro

Smash Master
thnx silent wolf.

there is one thing that i am having trouble with, if u guys watch the 1st vid, u can c that around 3:00 and 3:40 that edge took off 2 of my lives by fsmashing me with a tip at the edge of the stage, now if i knew how to tech and the timing for it at the edge of a stage after i get hit then i could've prevented those lives from being taken with that 1 move, i know 4 sure that silent wolf u and scotu know how to it, i've seen ur guy's vids and stuff.:) sry but i couldn't word this post rite.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
dude dont worry your going to have PLENTY of time in high school. i assume your going in as a freshman which i think was my easiest year but im going into senior year so i think im going to get some senioritis.

ok ledge teching. i had a big problem with that a couple months ago but now getting 3-4 ledge techs in a row is not only easy but it looks rediculously cool.

what i do is kinda get under the stage so your firefox follows the groove of the stage so you know your on the ledge and you hold your control stick either directly towards the stage or towards the stage and alittle up and right before you get hit you press (i like to hold it too but whatever) R/L and boom you ledge tech.

it takes ALOT of practice my friends and i would just all pick falco and just ledge tech dairs for a good 2 hours until we all got it just right.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah... just make sure you realize you can't edgetech falco's dair until like 35%.

Here's a better method for edgeteching if you want: When you get near the edge, Hold the cstick toward the edge, and jam (assuming you're horizontally separated from the wall) the control stick towards the edge right as you are being hit. then press B as if you were going to illusion. The c-stick will give you an ASDI toward the stage, and teh jam of the control stick (when timed w/ lots of practice) gives you an SDI. and the illusion makes you grab the edge immediately.

EDIT: Dammit, why doesn't SW ever help me out?

brawlpro

Smash Master
I wish I have friends like that to do that
sadly i don't have anyone that smashes anywhere close, i don't think that i can learn an edge tech cause my practice was always done with computers, training mode, or i did wat sco2 said and plug in another controller except leave it as it is and fite a non moving human, kinda like in trainin mode. guys sry but i highly doubt i will edge tech in nxt vid, it will b too risky and if i do doit it will prolly come out of luck.:urg:

Miharu

Smash Hero
sadly i don't have anyone that smashes anywhere close, i don't think that i can learn an edge tech cause my practice was always done with computers, training mode, or i did wat sco2 said and plug in another controller except leave it as it is and fite a non moving human, kinda like in trainin mode. guys sry but i highly doubt i will edge tech in nxt vid, it will b too risky and if i do doit it will prolly come out of luck.:urg:
It's not risky, really. If you do it, you live; if you don't, you plummet to your death. You only have something to gain, and nothing to lose, from experimenting w/ ledgeteching.

brawlpro

Smash Master
It's not risky, really. If you do it, you live; if you don't, you plummet to your death. You only have something to gain, and nothing to lose, from experimenting w/ ledgeteching.
:ohwell:ouch, i didn't think of it that way, i just figured since it was hard it mite b risky, i dumb:laugh:, anyways thnx, i'll try it anyways, and can u do nothing to practice edgeteching wen u only play comps:ohwell::ohwell:, no1s round here except 4 my brother who blows more than anythin, hell i even started a thread askin 4 how to teach him.:psycho:

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
what i did when i was alone was go to falco's break the targets stage and just tech off of the blocks that hurt you. you can illusion into them and tech etc.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
:ohwell:ouch, i didn't think of it that way, i just figured since it was hard it mite b risky, i dumb:laugh:, anyways thnx, i'll try it anyways, and can u do nothing to practice edgeteching wen u only play comps:ohwell::ohwell:, no1s round here except 4 my brother who blows more than anythin, hell i even started a thread askin 4 how to teach him.:psycho:
FastFox made a thread about how to practice it in Melee Discussion.

I use training mode, bust out a motion sensor bomb, roll to the edge, place it at my feat, jump down, up b, smash di, and edgetech.

brawlpro

Smash Master
what i did when i was alone was go to falco's break the targets stage and just tech off of the blocks that hurt you. you can illusion into them and tech etc.
O dang, thnx man:), wow, but u could only do that with falco unless u have an ar or gs(mine broke:(), does it even matter if i practice it with falco, umm, i can't play rite now so i can't really tell but is it possible to do it in fox's btt stage?

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Against Marth, I find it easy to waveshine into a grab to u-throw u-air. The basics are there and I can see that you have a feel for the mechanics of the game, try sitting down and practicing some advanced tactics such as waveshining. You'll get worse for a little while, as with learning most techinques, but you'll be a better in the end.

Keep it up. Gotta play you guys some time btw. Maybe you can come over some day and me and A2 can play.

brawlpro

Smash Master
A2 ur brother, i'd luv to but chances r i prolly won't, yo i'm in da 9th grade, i'm stoped from goin 2 houses 2 ppl i duno by my parents:urg:
i can prolly c u in eurika, or even the kc tourney on da 11th, but prolly in eurika, do u live in Rolla mo?

i'll try my best 2 comeover, thnx.:)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Don't worry about that, is not like it happens in every match... but knowing how to do it is VERY useful.

Wtf??? wat the **** r u talkin about, did i even say that i was tryin to play like SW, and how does it make my fox suck even if i do try to b like SW's fox???

O and sco2 i'm about to check out that thread u mentioned.
he prolly means a lot of the things I do take too much time to learn and most of them are pointless. It takes a lot of practice to go from a technical charge-in Fox into one that knows how to use those kind of things correctly.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
he prolly means a lot of the things I do take too much time to learn and most of them are pointless. It takes a lot of practice to go from a technical charge-in Fox into one that knows how to use those kind of things correctly.
Quoted for extreme truth.

I used to be that fox that technical charge-in fox, now i've almost completely stripped my style of flashiness, and am getting better about thinking while playing (I've still got a few mental aspects i've still yet to experiment with). But i plan on adding in the flash again soon, now that i'll better see how to use it.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
exact same thing i went through too. i thought tech skill = wins but i lost all the time so i switched it up and now im not worried about tech stuff just the mindgames. now i win most of the matches i have with my friends to the point where they dont want to play with me anymore haha.

brawlpro

Smash Master
so u 3 r sayin that bein flashy isn't better than bein calm? tell me wat style i should use, on the nxt match y'know.

o and i was visitin melee discussion and a lot ppl seem 2 think that fox's shine game is cheap, i dunno, just bringin up somethin i tot was wack(in my opinion)

I never strayed away from trying to be technical in matches. Even in tourney matches I do all these things now. :p
I just think about the game when I'm not playing it to find different ways to work in everything. it really helps.

Has anyone noticed that every thread in Fox discussion is about people's Fox vids? nothing wrong with it though. :p
btw im having a few new vids come out real soon. 1v1s. theyll be goooooood. :D

brawlpro

Smash Master
btw im having a few new vids come out real soon. 1v1s. theyll be goooooood. :D
dude, i'll watch em 4 sure, hey u didn't have to even say they'l b goooooood cause i think ery1 knows how good u r.:chuckle:
maybe they mite help me.
thnx, i prolly go technical in our nxt vid, and finally edgetech, i think i got the timin 4 it, except i can't seem to walljump from an edgetech?/!

(p.s. wolf: i really like ur avatars)

brawlpro

Smash Master
great, i think edgeswipe went to chicago without tellin me, i dunno wen he will come back. I can shffl pretty good now, and i am gettin the hang of edgeteching, STILL I CAN'T TECHJUMP(if thats wat u cal it)...walljump from an edgetech.:)

edit:nvr mind edge's still here. but havn't talked 2 him recently/

Oskurito

Smash Lord
LOL triple post

btw I'm going to record some matches probably this weekend (I'll hope to...) I'll be looking for SW's vids as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom