• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
uairs and nairs are the scariest things as a marth in this matchup. but it's just so much fun when i get to play against scotu's marth with my fox, so he knows how it feels.

watching the vids, you both have gotten better. there's not much else that needs to be said that hasn't been said already.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Sorry, I'm bad at Fox and I'm horrible at fighting Marths. I can't help you. The only thing I can tell you is that when we played at Geno's house you seemed to use the Illusion to get back to the stage every single time. Stop doing that, if you haven't already.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
sorry, this has probly been said but im too lazy to look thru 14 pages to figure it out. u had ok spacing, but really, the thing i noticed more than anything was too much standing still. fox can run faster than marth so take advantage of it. dash dance more, foxtrot more, don't just stand there cuz u can't hit a marth if u don't get inside his range.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
he doesn't know what he's talking about. uthrow>uar. Nair>uair. utilt>uair>dash attack>uair. Hell, even waveshine>uair. (don't recommend that last, but it's flashy as hell).
Saying I don't know what I'm talking about is fighting words to me scotu.

Against marth on dreamland, he could have got the kill far earlier if he used the up-air to bulid damage rather than trying to kill with it because nairs would have made it much easier, anything really long as he doesn't get that predictable. I know **** well what I say about fox and marth as I hold the fox/falco/peach matchups to be my best matchups.

The u-airs were very predictable as thats all he did really, u-airs all the time, he needs to mix up his game.If the marth had tried to defend himself better, even throwing out a counter, those attempts wouldn't have went as smoothly as they did.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
well, what should i do then...i alwayz did uair to make up for marth's chaingrabing, and edge has a really hard time defendin uairs, i can grab him often, so what should i do after i grab him other than uthrow>uair to mix it up???

(i'll mix it up more often in smashfests and stuff...but i only have vidz of me and edge)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
well if they don't tech the downthrow, u can combo off that, or u can techchase it with a JCed upsmash or grab, or you could downthrow, they tech away, you shoot lasers. If you are near the edge, you can forward / back throw him to setup for edgeguard / shinespike.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
On stages with shorter ceilings, you are indeed makig up for the chainthrow. Edge was getting hit by the up-airs way too much..he didn't put up much of a front on his defense against the u-airs so I can see why you're so spammy with them. I'll help him with that.

On stages with high ceilings, u-airs are good to bulid damage and get some height on them but its usually much easier to land a n-air or b-air or something else to land the killing blow at those high percents on stages like that.

I mentioned the downthrow to whatnot before if he doesn't tech, or if he does, tech chasing it as lad said. Wouldn't rely on it

Upthrow is great and the u-air is too at lower damages but at the higher, edge could have easily defended himself over just taking it. Besides, as I said, its much easier to kill with another move if marth is that high of a %.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
well yeah, except for in the falco vs fox matchup.. falcos downthrow on fox is kinda a chaingrab but im pretty sure they can DI out of it pretty easily. anyways it could set up for a f-smash at higher percents. oh yeah another thing to remember with falco and fox is that if you grab someone and you are on a small platform, you can either downthrow to downsmash, which usually always hits, or you can read their tech and forward smash them (better for falco as a move to get them off the stage)

brawlpro

Smash Master
i get your point bluedeath...now i could practice on your advice if i knew what you ment by "ceilings"...i think by high you mean like dreamland and by low you mean stages like yoshi's story...

my falco is better, but we are gonna wait for next vidz cause edge said he wants to make vidz after we get "a lot" better...

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Fox can't tech falco's d-throw but fox can move away quickly enough as he instantly goes into the standing position I do believe.

Ceilings are what most people use to refer to the deathlines at the top of the levels brawlpro, you are correct.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I just wrote a bloody essay for edge about his problem with the u-air.

I normally don't do this much, edge very well should love me.

Randoodle mains Game and Watch now by the way.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I'm simply in tons of pain, thankfully I'm not insane like scotu to practice till my fingers bleed.

And randizzle mains game and watch indeed, he hates marth now.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
pain is weakness leaving the body.

i've never fully understood the whole business with mains. i just use whatever i feel like using. it just so happens that it's usually marth or sheik and sometimes fox. if i'm in a really good mood, i use G&W too.

wow... how many names do i have now?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Whenever someone asks me who do you main? Or who do you want to use in brawl, I usually say random. For a true master of ssbm is good with ALL of the characters.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
it bother me that marth is too much mental game and little tech game especially is u only got comps to practice against. Thats y i took up fox now i can match brawls tech skill with mine AND use mindgames.

brawlpro

Smash Master
pain is weakness leaving the body.

i've never fully understood the whole business with mains. i just use whatever i feel like using. it just so happens that it's usually marth or sheik and sometimes fox. if i'm in a really good mood, i use G&W too.

wow... how many names do i have now?
i'm not in a good mood...presentin a project by myself in front of these ppl smarter than me real soon does have the effect of pissin you off...

oh and i kinda agree with you, my roy is pretty **** good, but it just happens i can beat edge with my fox more often, in smashfests there have been times where my fox got owned except i s choose my sheik and i 2 if not 3 stoked that link...rare times...rare times...XD

o and both of our mind games are broken :/

Randizzle

Smash Ace
it bother me that marth is too much mental game and little tech game especially is u only got comps to practice against. Thats y i took up fox now i can match brawls tech skill with mine AND use mindgames.
marth has plenty of tech you can practice. however unlike fox and his shine combos, most of the technical stuff you can practice will be mostly based around your ability to read DI and improvise as well as your spacing game.

For the most part, I go with Marth in singles and sheik in doubles with a splash of Fox every so often. However, i'll often try different characters simply to expand my options and learn new things.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Something technical you can practice with marth when you have no one to play is Short hop double f-air and short hop f-air > u-air. i got the double f-air part down, cant get the u-air in yet =/ anyways it vastly expands your comboing ability.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Meh, I don't like getting into discussions like that.

The character is as technical as you will make them to be.

Generally though, marth is more % knowledge/knowing situational move points. Marth can be very technical though.

Che lab, thats not really technical, its simple aerialing. I don't call things of that sort really technical as its so basic.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
after seeing dj combo, m2k, and a few others at FC, i can say marth does have room for a tech game. However, his technical potential is nowhere near that of Fox or ICs. While Fox has a tech game defined on maneuvers that require a fair amount of muscle memory and quick button presses, Marth's technical game is basically defined by being able to have precise control of your range and being able to follow up. Other than that, his tech is basically the same as any other character (good shffls, pretty movement, etc).
If we're talking about technical game only in the sense of jc shines and moonwalking and shdls, then no, marth doesn't really have technical. But beyond that, Marth has quite a technical game that you can practice through comboing and good spacing.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Meh, I don't like getting into discussions like that.

The character is as technical as you will make them to be.

Generally though, marth is more % knowledge/knowing situational move points. Marth can be very technical though.

Che lab, thats not really technical, its simple aerialing. I don't call things of that sort really technical as its so basic.[/Q

True, its basic but ive noticed edgeswipe hasn't used it in the matches or at least not very much and its something he could do in his free time.

brawlpro

Smash Master
che lab edit your post before you get embarrased more!!!

once edge gets spacing down...iono what i could possibly do, i mean he got chaintrowin down, so i countered it with drillshine>uthrow>uair...now what else works wonders other than uair that i can learn by like a week i guess???

Randizzle

Smash Ace
the chainthrow itself has plenty of tehcnical things to learn.

for instance, you can learn how to get out of the cg around 30% or so with a shine (if you DONT DI). This will either force him to learn how to pivot grab or it'll make him try to properly time and direct a utilt in order to get a regrab. Also, at later percents (60-80), he'll have to learn how to use uairs if he wishes to continue comboing you. The exact placement of the uair can make a huge difference in whether he sets you up for more uairs, a fsmash, or simply knocks you too high to be further comboed.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
don't fast fall it too early, use c-stick, do it earlier. Try that and you shouldn't have any trouble with falling sh uairs. Also, utilt shouldn't always lead into tipper fsmash. Try messing around with different DI.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Then start falling u-airs without double jumping eh?
but i double jump when i hit up, and tilting the control stick up takes two long.

don't fast fall it too early, use c-stick, do it earlier. Try that and you shouldn't have any trouble with falling sh uairs. Also, utilt shouldn't always lead into tipper fsmash. Try messing around with different DI.
now the c-stick...i didn't think of that, thnx, now i can uair without dbl jumpin

pfft im not embarrassed its smashboards that should be, i swear the edit button only works 1/2 of the time i use it.
**** strait
Lab, I agree, the edit button fails at times.
**** strait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom