• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
ya m2k, ken, kdj aren't necessarily considered technical with their marths, well maybe m2k but tats bc hes analyzed the game down to a single frame plus being technical with marth won't do ne good...I need exp to know mindgames and situations and stuff but if u can be technical with fox n such u can wiggle ur way to victory.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
(sips wine) and fox is indeed too good. Despite my respect towards the furry creature (mostly for how cool he looks), I hope he is nerfed in Brawl. He was high tier in ssb64 and top/high tier in melee..

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
(chugs beer)i heard sumthin that di-ing by jamming the control stick back and forth left and right, helps you stay away from somethin...i can't remember but it was either gettin chaingrabed or u-aired, tell me i'm wrong if i am and just forget about this. fox will be top tier in brawl as well!!!!! Just cooler lookin!!!(slams beer bottle down) che i'm back...

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
(chugs beer)i heard sumthin that di-ing by jamming the control stick back and forth left and right, helps you stay away from somethin...i can't remember but it was either gettin chaingrabed or u-aired, tell me i'm wrong if i am and just forget about this. fox will be top tier in brawl as well!!!!! Just cooler lookin!!!(slams beer bottle down) che i'm back...
ya that SDI (smash DI) only counter against fox u-air i read a article about it but to sum it up when u get hit u can influence ur directional movement further due to the lag phase at impact....or something like that :) lol and i'll beat ur fox tomorrow too bad i don't brag about it.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
hey brawlpro, good news, my friend ThatOneDudeSki managed to get the vids from his hard drive onto his friends so hes converting the files / uploading them on there. I should have some vids up soon. August 26th at the latest.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
LOL TELL THAT TO ME... sorry dude I'll check them tomorrow my parents... you know they don't let me... =P

SCOTU

Smash Hero
ya that SDI (smash DI) only counter against fox u-air i read a article about it but to sum it up when u get hit u can influence ur directional movement further due to the lag phase at impact....or something like that :) lol and i'll beat ur fox tomorrow too bad i don't brag about it.
Actually, you're impacting your Position with SDI, not your directional movement. Direction is only impacted by the base trajectory and DI. SDI and ASDI both give an instaneous change in position while not affecting your tragectory. The key to using it against Fox's Uair is to SDI the first (of 2 hits, the one with fixed knockback) hit, so that you aren't hit by the second hit. This is done by moving the control stick to the horizontal direction (away from fox) during the hitlag of the first hit of the Uair.

Please refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfJx_loXzmk
For examples. ChuDat skillfully escapes every uair except for 2.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
Despite the change of topic on this thread i'd like to say that that Fox is waaaaay too defensive, and has no mindgames. use wavelands, the poetry of melee xD

SCOTU

Smash Hero
man, umm...what does ASDI abreviate?
Automatic Smash Directional Infulence. It's performed by either holding the control stick or the Cstick in a direction during the last frame of hitlag. The Cstick "out priorities" the control stick (i.e. if you're holding different directions, the Cstick will be used for ASDI - good for getting an ASDI one direction, and Normal DI in another). An ASDI is 1/2 the length of an SDI. Everyone should read Doraki's DI guide.

Edit: @MeloDeath: there's no such thing as playing too defensive with fox. One has to keep their *** covered. That being said, he wasn't playing that defensive, and could use a bit more covering of his ***.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
reversal lasers, WD back when u think theyll strike, stuff like that. btw i got some doubles matches up, no singles yet, im pretty horrible in doubles though -_-.. In 1 vid i got 2 rest combos though ^_^

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
For a second there, I thought scotu had made up a nickname for me.

I was angry lol.

Yeah, as they said, you're learning how to use your laser so its good to learn how to retreat while lasering, I've fought very few foxes who could retreat and short hop double laser consistently, meh, not too many put it to use.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Nice Improvement! (#10) you can finally do the drillshine>grab combo without messing up and thats good, you've a good idea(strategy) of fighting a marth, ah yes.. and at the end I saw you realised that edgeswipe was doing the same lame aproach... and you double jumped and hit him in the face. Now I see a decent fox consider your self good now(but just good) and now is up to you pal, keep practicing, work on insane combos(check mine combos ;)) increase your tech skill a lot so you'll never miss a single waveshine and then go play some good players and ... you know the rest.

and btw you don't need to shdl -.- (unless you love me too much, lol)

brawlpro

Smash Master
yeah man watchin you shdl made me think i had to do it.

oh and i got all that waveshine and shffles down now, my new vidz will prolly get recorded tomorrow if edge accepts, these are a week old so i think i got better, thnx for the critique/advice, i'll be sure to watch more of your vidz, btw gettin new ones??? lol my broken ic vidz are up now but i have yet to put it on smashboards!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
yeah man watchin you shdl made me think i had to do it.

oh and i got all that waveshine and shffles down now, my new vidz will prolly get recorded tomorrow if edge accepts, these are a week old so i think i got better, thnx for the critique/advice, i'll be sure to watch more of your vidz, btw gettin new ones??? lol my broken ic vidz are up now but i have yet to put it on smashboards!
Yeah watch this one before you tube does its maintenance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XEmLpxxDw

its from the last week but I uploaded two days ago i think(uh.. i don't remember...) I hope I'll record newones this weekend and I'm going to do my show-off vid ^^ but i'm not sure when

Oskurito

Smash Lord
just watched it, crazy waveshines man, and it was wayy to close at 1:51 in teh vid. gave me some crazy ideas too.
lol but i sucked until 1:00 or so, but the combo thing that i did at 1:33 was pretty cool I know it wasn't a combo but it was cool and also the waveshine pressure thing that i did at uh.. don't remember..

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
Nice Improvement! (#10) you can finally do the drillshine>grab combo without messing up and thats good, you've a good idea(strategy) of fighting a marth, ah yes.. and at the end I saw you realised that edgeswipe was doing the same lame aproach... and you double jumped and hit him in the face. Now I see a decent fox consider your self good now(but just good) and now is up to you pal, keep practicing, work on insane combos(check mine combos ;)) increase your tech skill a lot so you'll never miss a single waveshine and then go play some good players and ... you know the rest.

and btw you don't need to shdl -.- (unless you love me too much, lol)
ya wow did u see the first match it wasn't him doing EXTRA good it was me dong EXTRA bad fyi this was after #9 and i don't always play like that. I don't mind you complementing brawl but don't flame me in the process.:ohwell:

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
youve got a lot of the tech stuff somewhat under your fingers, this much is true.

i could tell you over and over again a dozen things you did wrong but chances are you know when you **** up most of the time.

the most important thing for you now is consistency.

make your fox flow, like water traveling down a river of serenity. (only of death and destruction)

you need to be able to move and combo at the drop of a pin, without noobdashing.

nairstriding and bairstriding will help to begin with.

brawlpro

Smash Master
edge you know you can just find it on his profile.....and i already told you on this thread bluedeath1000@yahoo.com.....

so guys edge's fox is a ***** to mine...my sheik can beat his fox while my fox can't...i win 1/3% of times in fox dittos...and he even admit he is good against my fox with his fox instead of his marth, i need help, what else ***** fox other than chaingrabing???

thnx kerp!

no one did superb.
got it!

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
my fox can beat ur every match i was winning....until i suicide XD. I don't like being compared like that bc my marth can beat ur sheik (last time we played) don't say ur better or wat not.

I left that message for bluedeath bc i wanna make sure that ur correct i just don't wanna dd him and surprise message him.

brawlpro

Smash Master
dude...i didn't say i was better...to find that out fo sho we have to got to a tourney...and see who does well against others that aren't elitists and wat not...and suiciding is your fault, learn to control him better then...AND i can't even freakin remember the last time your marth fought my sheik, i wanna make vidz sheik vs marth...accept already darnit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom