• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these vidz out...I'm impressed with myself...my new uair skillz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
there u go! I was falling through the ****ing floor!!! i didn't know that!! its not about me controlling fox...wats with the 1/3%? we tied. I fought ur sheik with marth this week....

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
wat the heck are you talkin about...wat floor where you fallin thru...you illusioned of the stage, and drillkicked strait down while you were on the edge, you airdodged off stage on yoshi story instead of wavedashing...that has stuff to do with you controlin him

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i m talking about me shining and fall off stage that happened TWICE!! other suicides i'll admit, but those were game costing. don't start a argument here im me or something

brawlpro

Smash Master
well the game wasn't glitchy so you couldn't have fallin thru a stage like you said, yea it happened twice cause you didn't know the limits of it nor the stages length, or you illiusioned instead of shinin...learn it!

ps. man i don't wanna piss these foxen like we pissed off ppl in stl, we should take this else where before it backfires...and so i won't reply if you post here, do im or sumthin...

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
wat r u talking about i m not talking about those sds i m talking about "slipping" off while shining.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
whoa, guys, chill. Edgeswipe, to me, from these vids, looks at least even in skill to Bpro. And, you guys just posted like 4.5 full iterations of back&forth-ness.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
That's because bpro sucks at fox dittos, he needs more thunder's practice and me too *practices thunder's combo*

Oskurito

Smash Lord
aite i'll practice thunders, but we played yesterday and i got owned, the real reason for that was cause i wasn't usin my controller...we will play again tomorrow guyz, check out our vidz sunday, lolz i'm postin from my tech class! ok, bye.
lol no jhons, why you didn't bring your own control anyway? and did you just came back from school cause I talked to you at msn but your dad answered me xD and say you was at school

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
UmbreonMow can be pretty mean, but that's only because he doesn't "try to be nice" when he's telling the truth.

If Smashboards are pissing you off, stop coming here for a little while. Seriously.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i do come here sometime but to listen to some sensible people. I don't need to hear that i suck if its not asked. I should prolly act like umbreon and go to random people's thread calling em noobs and giving em 1/5 on vids.

D

Deleted member

I'm not being mean, and I didn't call you anything, but I can rip you apart if I want to.

Case in point, I put the recent videos over the older ones, since players like to think they've improved and put relevance there. Let's focus on marth vs fox, FD.

First off, I don't know a pro that think fox beats marth on FD. Generally speaking, everyone agrees that marth kinda ***** him on FD, and I agree with them. The fact that he 2 stocked you in that match, and that you basically just fsmashed him to death for a free stock, means he outplayed you pretty badly, which he did. You got grabbed all over, and in turn your chaingrabs back to him barely did anything. When fox is in the air, all you have to do as marth to own him is walk under him and uptilt through his crap, but I lost count of how many landing back airs you got hit by.

If you want advice, learn how to chaingrab, dashdance, and avoid grabs.

Which brings me to my next point: aim. You both have solid technical games, but you largely do not aim your attacks, and you both miss quite often. As misses are punishable, a good player would rip both of you apart. However, overall, bpro has a pretty good fox, just rely on your tech game more and not so much attacks that stay out like nair and bair. While they are great moves, they are also punishable, especially by marth. Try attacking to hit, not to scare off your opponent.

edgeswipe you can call me whatever you want, if we ever meet in tourney you'll get 2-0'd for being unable to punish any of my mistakes, you're not much of a threat to my placement. Give a better grammar.

bpro, the nair shine WD grab upthrow upair looked like some m2k ****. work on your accuracy, you'll find you can be more aggressive the more accurate you are, which will in turn give you a much better pressure game. Pressure games seperate the good foxes from the bad ones.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
that match is useless bc that not how i really play if u saw #9 u can see that i was already nervous. I've beaten bpro many times even recently. Don't judge so drastically if u have no idea what ur talking about. and thnx for the advice.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
edge, no one cares. Until you're a top pro, people really don't care whehter or not you win or lose in some video. mow knows **** well what he's talking about as far as what he said with his advice.

D

Deleted member

if I have no idea what I'm talking about, don't take my advice.

brawlpro

Smash Master
that match is useless bc that not how i really play if u saw #9 u can see that i was already nervous. I've beaten bpro many times even recently. Don't judge so drastically if u have no idea what ur talking about. and thnx for the advice.
HAY, don't disrespect 13 year olds edge! lol jk,

well u beat me once today, my falco cause we only played once today, the other times were me usin momo's controller, just come over tomorrow, i can rec iono what like 16 more mins now.
edge, no one cares. Until you're a top pro, people really don't care whehter or not you win or lose in some video. mow knows **** well what he's talking about as far as what he said with his advice.
already been discussed randal, back a few pages i think, plz, will you ppl view my wins/looses on sunday:)

brawlpro

Smash Master
tomorrow sound good?

at my house?

around phfft iono anytime after 9am?

untill phfft iono anytime until 7pm?

i'm up anytime tomorrow?

sunday i gotta go to sunday school for "religion" omg! its gonna be a boring 2 hrs...

edit: which moron gave our match #9 a 1 star...?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol, ok bpro, i will watch them for you, hopefully i'm not busy then. sunday right?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
@edgeswipe

dude, thats the attitude, well, i have recently heard that you do not want to go to stages mlg allows, dude i live in Lima-Peru, i will probably never go to mlg(hopefully i will someday) but chances are i won't, and i still learn to love stages, and you might really get owned big time in smashfests cause they allow all stages mlg allows(well most of them anywayz).

keep up the ok work guys...and bpro...i wanna see more shines, i saw a lot of noob dashes...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
god****. this isn't a chat room. Mow knows his ****. Ankoku was just loling and retorting in an Isai sort of way.
@edge: Mow in no way insulted you. He just gave a rating. Personally, i'd be happy if he rated my marth 3/10.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
Learn to properly pressure. Keep so close to Marth that he can't breath, and feign attacks. It's up to you to nail him in his lag (Missed smashes, aerials, dashdancing away from you, etc.). Don't give him the opportunity to grab you. If you get grabbed if you're a space animal, it's your fault. Not to say it won't happen, but if Marth grabs you, it won't end well. You were making nice use of the uthrow > uair, but there were some earlier opportunities to kill him. Such as when he was recovering and landed and had all that lag (twice), you grabbed him and fthrow'd him off the edge, but both times he was a fair bit over 100, and usmash would've ended the pain so much easier. You're improving relatively quickly though.

brawlpro

Smash Master
ok thnx man, edge didn't come today so, yeah, just wait more to see new vidz then i guess.

EDIT: WELL EDGE HAS OFFICIALLY SAID HE NEVER WANTS TO MAKE VIDZ AGAIN, I WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR A SMASH FEST TO PUT MORE UP, SRY GUYS, BLAME EDGE!!! JK BUT SERIOYUSLY...WTF?!!?!

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
dude brawl ur sig is wrong i didn't quit...exactly...i need to take a break and think about college n stuff.

brawlpro

Smash Master
no johns (jk), i took that sig off, it was too rude to put up.

im me

EDIT: you would rather make vidz against ppl on smash fests like lixievium, smooth one, or zig-zag who can 3 stock you, instead of me...just cause you say there is more on teh line, you don't care if you loose to them but you care when you loose to me???

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
hey just 4 things to critique otherwise awesome .fox keep it up.
1. never ever use firefox other then to recover.
2 when recovering u should always shine then jump out of ur shine. the reason for this is sometimes when u are being knocked back and u jump u are not getting the full use of ur jump so if u shine which will cancel u being knocked back then jump out of it then either firfox or phantom( sideb) it will be easier to recover.
3 when doing a upthrow u air combo i find it easier to jump with the controller stick out of ur up throw then to jump with y or x because if u jump and u are already holding the controller stick up then the second u are able to hit ur opponent then all u need to do is press a.
4 this is very obvious u probably know it but just try to sweet spot when coming back because i saw in one of ur videos marth punished u for sticking ur head out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom