• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Tactical Discussion

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
this game would be stupid if it was and i would feel sorry for wario...besides GR->Upsmash and GR -> bair are good enuff for me

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so like

I got my first dsmash roll read kill...feels good...lol

I finally figured out how i use dsmash

1. for spotdodges after a grab release at high percent

2. for someone shielding next to the edge (where shield push would make them fall off)

3. air dodge read

4. Tech chase read

it just keeps my upsmash fresh really

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Probably better if you don't chase that dream. Charizard's glide attack is -so- bad.

If it had a little more range, it would've been excellent, but nooooo.

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
I don't think I ever hit anyone with his glide attack before. |:
I only really use it to cancel the glide. But its incredibly rare for me to glide at all.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Ive Never Killed someone with it but I have hit quite a few people by

Jump -> double Jump -> fastfallglide directly into the shield (they drop shield at this point) ->Glide attack

its pretty funny but virtually useless

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How are you guys getting Wario to air release? In all my games with PhantomX, Charizard has never air released Wario. I thought he could only be air released if the Wario jumped out.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
thats how most mechanics work...like if wario doesnt press jump he doesnt get air released by a couple of people

Slikvik never air releases against me anymore.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
afaik you can only force the air release if you grab wario at the edge of a platform, so his feet are in the air.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I thought so. Just making sure there wasn't something I didn't know about, haha.

Dang it, PX, why were you too smart to air release against me? :(

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
reflex, charizards glide isn't that bad...its hit box is pretty decent. Hits above and below. The only thing that sucks is he flies so slow. It does surprise people when you hit them with it.

TKO, why dsmash after a grab release spot dodge when you can **** x10 with a fsmash?

Kith

Smash Ace
Every now and then I'll glide by accident, confuse my opponent, and hit them with something...which leads me to believe that there might be a right time to use it...but I have no idea. I need to work on my Glide-Attacktics

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Or super nice mindgame'd, Did anyone ever happen to use glide attack just before the ledge? in a way that Chari refuses to grab it and just freefallssssssssssss

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yes. Rock Smash will break Kirby's Stone Form. Which is one of the reasons it does over 50 damage. Sakurai had one of those "how fun would this be?" moments when he designed Charizard's Rock Smash.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
On the other hand, its fire kill moves(using kill loosely/B-air's tip and a sweetspotted F-air) will kill earlier/later depending on their type(weight still factors in though)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does charizards flamethrower do more damage to ivysaur and less to squirtle? :)
"Super effective" and "not very effective" only apply to the Grass/Water/Fire trio (not Electric on Squirtle, etc.). Moves deal 1.1x knockback and 0.9x in those cases, respectively.

Unfortunately, all that means is that Charizard is molested by Bullet Seed. :(

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Is it better to use from the ledge:

1)Ledge fall, jump back, B-reverse on stage Rock Smash.

or

2) Ledge fall, jump back, B-reverse on stage Flamethrower?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Did I see it correctly that a part of charizards bair can spike? I think I was seeing a part from the tail spike.
Yes, but it's a very, very weak spike. Be sure to hit underneath the tail and close to Charizard's body.

Sourspot bair > sourspot bair > spike is LEGIT.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Lol, I guess it's good for you opponents "Wtf" reaction.
Yeah, most people won't expect it, haha. Again, it's not too strong, though, so it's very rare for you to actually gimp someone with this unless you're far away from the stage. It's really effective on tether recoveries--Zamus in particular.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
To make them die with that attack and have them in hitstun the whole time they'd have to be at like 300%. Something like that, Dair has a massive hitbox so it's ALWAYS a better option. Maybe it isn't but i can't think of a situation where bair would be better, maybe a mixup but idk.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
To make them die with that attack and have them in hitstun the whole time they'd have to be at like 300%. Something like that, Dair has a massive hitbox so it's ALWAYS a better option. Maybe it isn't but i can't think of a situation where bair would be better, maybe a mixup but idk.
Nah, dair is superior for spiking ofc. It should just be used to keep your opponents from recovering.

Top Bottom