• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Shark X

Smash Lord
Snake starred in PLENTY of major hit games. He's plenty deserveing.

Geno was in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga? And so were the return of the Koopa Kids...now I got to find this game...

And I wish my post would stop auto subscribing and emailing me everytime someone posted >.<

Peter Rific

Banned via Administration
who cares what games he was in/starred in. Nintendo doesnt say, "oh he was in this many games, so he gets priority over this guy."

D1

Peter Rific said:
Geno is the best choice for a charcter in SSBB
Buy this man a beer!!!!

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Geno should be low tier just so that no one will use him...then when us Geno users start kickin arse w/ him we'll get propz : D.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
OMFG, TRIPLE POST!! LOLZ

You're going to get your a$$ kicked! This is turning into such a pointless-n00b discussion, though...

Peter Rific

Geno will be in it. I dont see any other reason why nintendo would buy the rights to both him and Mallow. Maybe for another nintendo game?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't start saying things like "Geno will be in" until it's confirmed.

And from what I understood, Nintendo was buying the rights to all other Mario RPG characters that Square had owned, like Booster, Croco, etc. Maybe they only wanted Geno but Square would only sell him to them if they bought everything, or maybe they wanted all the characters for something.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I don't see why they would bye all the characters. Booster seemed to remind me alot of Wario. Croco is dead, isn't he? Why would they want a dead character? O.o I really don't remember what happened to him though *shrugs*

And if they bought Smithy, as well as the Axel Rangers, all dead. Whats up with buying characters that died? O.o

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Dead....... I really doubt anyone in the Mario universe acctually dies. Bowser sure has been defeated though plenty of times and he managed to come back in SSBM.

Also Croco didnt die. He became a salesman at the end of the game =)

Peter Rific

Shark X said:
I don't see why they would bye all the characters. Booster seemed to remind me alot of Wario. Croco is dead, isn't he? Why would they want a dead character? O.o I really don't remember what happened to him though *shrugs*

And if they bought Smithy, as well as the Axel Rangers, all dead. Whats up with buying characters that died? O.o
Axel rangers??WTF? I can tell you've never played Mario RPG.

So what if Booster reminded u of Wario? Thats a valid reason for them not to buy him?

And what does dead have anything to do with a character not being in a game? Ganon got a sword put through his face and hes in smash. And DK fell 3 stories right on his head in the original Donkey Kong game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
To get back on topic, can anyone translate the page? Apparently, Sakurai has put up some more characters, but I have no idea what context that's in. Whether it's just fan-submitted stuff that he liked, or whether he's writing this stuff himself. So can somebody translate it, beyond putting it into babelfish?

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
Megama, Black Shadow because a new F-Zero character is needed, Ray 01 b/c I like Custom Robo, yes i like custom robo, and hammer brother and waluigi & daisy as it's inevitable

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Try adding some verbs to your post. And prepositions. And punctuation.

This topic is about the updates Sakurai (the director of Brawl) is making to his website.

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
Upon applying Babelfish and a katakana chart, it seems that the last one (#90) is suggesting Colonel Volgin!

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
McFox said:
Who is that?
He's the main villain from MGS3. (*Main* villain? Don't actually know, not having played the game. But he's from it, he's an important bad guy, and he has electrical powers.)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Sniffnoy said:
He's the main villain from MGS3. (*Main* villain? Don't actually know, not having played the game. But he's from it, he's an important bad guy, and he has electrical powers.)
I wonder why they would add him to the game? I thought there were characters that fans wanted from MGS other than him(like Raiden, and no I personally hate Raiden but a lot of people seem to like him)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
All of you are reading the names, but you have no idea what it says. Sakurai could be saying "These are the characters that are NOT going to be in the game" for all we know. Until someone translates the pages, it's useless to talk about the characters, because we don't know what he's saying about them.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Why would he be getting rid of these characters? They might as well list people like goomba, koopa, shy guy etc. as characters who aren't going to be in this game. Besides, some of these characters are highly anticipated by nearly everyone (Geno is the main example here)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That isn't my point. People are saying things like

#85 is Super Man uhhh????
#70 or #75 or #79(1 of those) is Pinnochio wtf :-S
We don't even know what he's saying about these characters. Yes, "SOME of these characters are highly anticipated by nearly everyone," and plenty are NOT. In fact, plenty of characters don't have any chance (Superman and Pinnochio are the main examples here). They'd have to make a deal with DC Comics, which isn't going to happen.

My point is that, until we know what he's actually saying, it's useless to say things like "OMG character # whatever is X character, I can't believe it!"

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
That isn't my point. People are saying things like

We don't even know what he's saying about these characters. Yes, "SOME of these characters are highly anticipated by nearly everyone," and plenty are NOT. In fact, plenty of characters don't have any chance (Superman and Pinnochio are the main examples here). They'd have to make a deal with DC Comics, which isn't going to happen.

My point is that, until we know what he's actually saying, it's useless to say things like "OMG character # whatever is X character, I can't believe it!"
Especially considering the person making that post had no idea what he was saying. #85 was posted by someone who wore his own name down as "Super Man". He didn't suggest Superman as a character. In fact, his post looks like a stupid little comment on how much hype the game has.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Peter Rific said:
Axel rangers??WTF? I can tell you've never played Mario RPG.
Yeah just keep lying, it helps your arguement.

And what does dead have anything to do with a character not being in a game? Ganon got a sword put through his face and hes in smash. And DK fell 3 stories right on his head in the original Donkey Kong game.
1. DK and Ganon never died.

2. The dead SMRPG characters will never be in SSBB, and I never said they would. I was saying I don't understand why Nintendo would buy the dead corpses.

Peter Rific

Learn to spell names of characters in games u havent played.

Them bring dead is a stupid reason for them not to be in the game or for a company to not buy the rights.

You're an idiot. Please stop posting for all the people with at least half a brain.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
Yeah just keep lying, it helps your arguement.

1. DK and Ganon never died.

2. The dead SMRPG characters will never be in SSBB, and I never said they would. I was saying I don't understand why Nintendo would buy the dead corpses.
Well, we could say that the SMRPG characters didn't die either. If Ganon could survive a sword inplanted into his brain, then the SMRPG characters must have been able to survive also.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox said:
To get back on topic, can anyone translate the page? Apparently, Sakurai has put up some more characters, but I have no idea what context that's in. Whether it's just fan-submitted stuff that he liked, or whether he's writing this stuff himself. So can somebody translate it, beyond putting it into babelfish?
#93 is asking for Yoshi to be improved.
#94 is just saying that he wants Marth (Babelfish translates this as "Mars") and Doctor Mario back in.
#97 wants the three swordsmen (Link, Marth, Roy) back. He likes Zelda's transformation and thinks Link is a hottie ("kakko ii").
#99 is hard to understand. He keeps talking about "RUUPUSU of SUTAATSINZU". I dunno what that means. Roops of Starting?

And the whole thing about Pinocchio is probably a mistranslation. Someone posted earlier in this thread that KINOPIO is the Japanese name for Toad; one of the suggestions (which was asking to include Toad) kept switching between KINOPIO and PINOKIO, possibly as a joke.

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
nealdt said:
#99 is hard to understand. He keeps talking about "RUUPUSU of SUTAATSINZU". I dunno what that means. Roops of Starting?
Perhaps "RUUPUSU" could be the name "Rufus"?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Peter Rific said:
Them bring dead is a stupid reason for them not to be in the game or for a company to not buy the rights.

You're an idiot. Please stop posting for all the people with at least half a brain.
So, I'm an idiot just because all of your post proved so far that your nothing but a moron? Get a clue. Your acting like they plan to put Smithy and such in this game, and your acting like your actually smart. Just stop responding to my post if you never have anything intellegent to say.

commonyoshi said:
Well, we could say that the SMRPG characters didn't die either. If Ganon could survive a sword inplanted into his brain, then the SMRPG characters must have been able to survive also.
Yet they always seem to state that Ganon is always still alive, which never makes since.

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
nealdt said:
Unlikely, because there's a Japanese 'letter' for "fu". They would have spelled it differently (RUUFUSU).
M, true. Regardless, though, I've found it. Google knows all. Entering those two katakana words into Google, the first result is Nintendo's page for a game called Star Twins featuring a character named Lupus, which also happens to have been released in 1999. Wikipedia then tells us that this game was in English known as Jet Force Gemini, and Lupus still called Lupus.

Top Bottom