• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
Master_Sheik said:
Your opinion has been duly noted, but nonetheless, I doubt it. IE...yoshi and DK were originally from Mario games; however, they both have their own unique symbol.
did you forget that yoshi has his own games? so does DK! DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Pete278 said:
But Geno never had his own series, Yoshi and DK do.
i was confirming that yoshi and dk, despite the fact of originating from the mario series, still have their own symbols.

luigi has his own game, but he doesn't have a symbol?
peach, as well.
but that's more recent.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
McFox said:
Shocker/Firestar, please stop making our forum suck.
Lolololololololz!!!! Finally, the mods have reigned their superior intellect over you guys. Anyways, is there a results page for Sakurai's poll, or are we just going to have to find out on launch day?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You're going to have to wait until launch day. Sakurai didn't even say those are the characters he's picking, he just decided to post some of his favorite suggestions on the site. A full character list will probably not come out until AFTER launch, which is what happened with Melee.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
All the more reason to postpone any important aspect of my life and make the wait for SSBB my full priority. School, friends, breathing, it all takes second seat to SSBB. I need to see who's in that game.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I’m just excited that we’ll finally have another installment of Smash Brothers to play, I always thought it was silly that it only featured Nintendo characters, but this…..this is a dream come true!

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
Antioch said:
i was confirming that yoshi and dk, despite the fact of originating from the mario series, still have their own symbols.

luigi has his own game, but he doesn't have a symbol?
peach, as well.
but that's more recent.
Actually, Mario is a spinoff of DK. ;)

I think Geno would just have the Mario symbol. But then again, I'd rather not have a character thats only appeared in one medium-sized hit Mario game as a secondary character.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, he had a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. He did the instructions for a mini-game. :p

And come on. True, he only appeared in one game, but the game is tied for my favorite game of all time (With Zelda: Ocarina of Time), and he kicks complete *** in the game.

Seriously, I'm maining with Geno if he's in the game, no matter how good, or not, he is.

TrustTheFungus

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this was mentioned, but he's not on the list:

"'Joy mechanic fighting spirit'.
You knew with what details it was sold from Nintendo Co..
To tidy up with “the [ji] [ji] [yo] of the adult”
Adults itself it is harsh, it is, that you knew.

Even then, it is after all to like [sukapon].
Him et. al it is innocent, the organic mineral it is and distantly it is forcing.

Way “once upon a time peace prays the entire to world”,
When it probably is Kanai [wa] [nu] dream, some day holding desire,
It comes, with [sumabura] about of century participating, the [ru]
It is good, that you think.
It probably is around 2102?

Therefore don't you think? Sakurai living long. "

Sukapon(Joy Mecha Fight) would be awesome!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Toad's presence on their poll makes me very happy. As long as he's in SSBB, standard or unlockable, I'll be wholly satisfied. I'll just keep hoping until they reveal more characters. =)

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
According to Nintendo Power polls, Toad is the most desired character for SSBB. I'm sure that you'll see him in the game Aeris.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Haha, yeah it's currently just wishful thinking for now, though. I mean, Toad was shown as a playable character in an early build of SSBM, and that didn't exactly come to fruition. But I'd agree that there's a far better chance now than before. =)

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Aeris said:
Haha, yeah it's currently just wishful thinking for now, though. I mean, Toad was shown as a playable character in an early build of SSBM, and that didn't exactly come to fruition. But I'd agree that there's a far better chance now than before. =)
when did this happen?

Bowling Pin

Smash Rookie
re: "Takao"

The post referring to a "Takao" on the SSBB suggestion feedback site is #34. I'm a Level 1 Japanese language scrub. However, the Kanji for the name Takao, according to Babelfish is "高生." [Shift-JIS your browser to see that, maybe.] Yet, also according to some kanji site I just looked up, that's the word "kousei," and can be read as "Takao." Kousei means a high school student. The translation of the first sentence I got from Excite Japan's engine was different.

"Nice to meet you when the 64th edition is put, Smabra is a high school girl who becomes eight years. "

I think the point of that entry was that the poster was in high school when she first played SSB, and she loved it. Not sure about the eight years bit, as it's only been seven years since SSB came out. She then goes on to talk about how she played Kirby until she learned about Marth and how she bought a Fire Emblem manga thanks to his Melee appearence, or something.

~omega~

Smash Apprentice
as of right now I think that the only characters on this list that will be in ssbb are either geno or (doubtfully) king k rool- prolly not gonna happen but he was the main boss in dk country so thats a good reason to put him in

~Kamek~

Smash Rookie
Kamek Koopa (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)

He'd make an excellent character in the new smash.

Teleportation and cool magics anyone? XD

Peter Rific

Banned via Administration
The majority of all Nintendo Power readers are ages 10 to 14. Let's just hope Krystal isnt in it and Geno is.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm stubborn; but do you realize what the symbol means in Smash? Symbol (above other things)means winning music, and I can't associate Geno with Mario's Trumpet fanfare from Super Mario Bros.
I could for Toad, for example.
Geno should have his own symbol, therefore his own winning music. Period.

SSJBowser

Smash Rookie
Heya

Leo isn't just a comic character. Oh I forgot the other characters.

Boshi

Fox Mccloud/Assualt suite

Geno

Petey Pirhana

Sonic

Starwolf Characters/Adds more villians.

D

Deleted member

He doesn't seem to be updating as often now...

Is there any chance of another poll any time soon?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Humpski said:
Gah, most of those characters are crap!
What? Megaman, Kalas, Sigurd and Geno are more than enough to keep me satisfied with new characters. I think DeDeDe and K. Rool are on that list too which is awesome.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
HourglassMemory said:
PEtey Piranha could be part of a stage...Like Birdo in Melee.
Birdo was a dumb part of the stage. She came on randomly and vomited eggs at you. The flying guy in that stage and the arwings in the star fox level were much better because you could jump on them and fight.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, Nintendo will never get the message about what we think of Petey friggin' Pirahna.

Hell, putting in as the boss of the ice stage in New Super Mario Bros. was already pushing it!

Gah, most of those characters are crap!
The hell? I'd KILL for the sake of playable Lucas and Claus from Mother 3 in Smash Bros. or at least for Lucas this time around. As I keep telling people, Claus is a big spoiler for Mother 3 unless they made him a clone.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Peter Rific said:
Petey Pirahna sux and Krystal doesn't?
Yes. All he does is vomit brown goo crap on you. Krystal could use a staff and some guns from Assault(that game sucked)

Top Bottom