• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
MysteryMachine said:
Just my Two Cents on the issue of Ridley as "Samus' Villain" for the game. Both sides have made good points; he is large and has exceptionally strange physics, even by the standards of Smash. However, people have been resized and given toned-down flight capabilities in order to fit into smash. A notable example of both is Kirby, who was up-sized and given a flight limit.
However, it is also necessary to point out that they absolutely NEEDED to do those things to Kirby. He was one of the Original SB64 8 characters. His existence in the game practically defines it as Smash, it would have been a grievous error to do it without him.
Ridley on the other hand, is merely a villain, not usually a final boss (in my recollection not EVER) and most importantly, there is a far more sensible choice if one is to include a villain from the Metroid franchise. Why not include the Metroid Prime itself?
Not in its insane form of course....I was thinking of a character much more in line with the usual size, shape, and physics of a Smash Brothers character: Dark Samus. Fighting against her multiple times has proven that she/it could be far more than a Samus clone; she floats along much more like Mewtwo, and is much more physical in her attacks. Indeed she does have a gun-arm that could be used, but the way she moves, acts, and fights leads me to posit that she could be a separate character, and fill the void of Metroid villain in the series.
The greatest argument against Dark Samus is that it will more than likely make 3 characters with the same general look, based on the same person. Zamus, Samus, Dark Samus all have roots in the same character, and extreme care would have to be taken to separate out their movesets and physics. For example, we will assume that Samus herself will be in the game, and will remain the same in her moveset and weight/speed. We will further assume that Zamus, being minus one suit, will pack a bit less of a punch in her physical moves, but will compensate with a nice energy sword, and a great deal more speed. I would also assume a vastly different moveset, involving the sword, and much more shiek-like moves. Similarly, I would expect Dark Samus to be a bit heavier, be more physically powerful, and be floatier, despite her increased weight. Her moveset would also have to be changed substantially from the original Samus.

Hah, congratulations to anyone dedicated enough to read all that.

Lazy Person's Summary: My 2 cents: Ridley out, Dark Samus in.

I was against the whole Dark Samus thing until I finally started playing Prime 2 again and fought her for the first time. I was expecting another SA-X but I was wrong. She fights nothing like I expected. If a Metroid villain were to be put in, I vote for Dark Samus as well, granted that is a Samus too many, but she wouldn't really be a clone.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
TRC said:
I wanna see Ridley and Dark Samus :D

I concur.

About Dark Samus, she could work as a clone. I know fans of characters don't want to see them as clones, but more clones equals more characters. Less clones does NOT mean more charactars with unique movesets. And Dark Samus could be a clone with a RADICALLY different feel from Samus, much moreso than any of the current clones, because she floats.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
If they add K.Dedede, King K.Rool, Diddy Kong (or maybe Diddy and Dixie playing together), Geno (though I'm thinking he'll not be in the game sadly, I can't think of a symbol for him, and it CAN'T be the Mario Mushroom), Wolf O'Donnel (since he showed his face in the opening of smash Bros Melee, I'm sure he was switched for Falco as a character later, but ok), Andross (uh...yeah ok, I mean a created character just like Captain Falcon...or you could fight him as a boss), Samurai Goroh (well, I prefer him instead of Black Shadow, though he fits better if he could use Ganondorf's moveset), Ridley (as a boss or whatever), Sonic, Tails & Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Deoxys (though I don't like Pokémon that much), more Fire Emblem chars (never played one, sorry), more Earthbound/Mother chars (never played those anyways), I'd die happily.

But Nintendo did the right thing: Metaknight, Pit and Wario. This would be first on the list...so I can already die happily.

Liked Pit's Smash Symbol! The bow fits him perfectly. I wonder if Wario will have his famous bomb with moustache as his symbol. Well, Metaknight's was pretty obvious: Kirby's Star. That's why I can't guess one for Geno's. And Snake's? maybe the "!" XD 'Twas in the box!

I would also like lots of Samus's costumes (like the Fusion one, the one from the Metroid Prime, and others)

I totally agree McFox; Waluigi and Boshi (though I like him as a costume for Yoshi....but again Yoshi's voice wouldn't fit him, so nah) would be lame addition to the game.....but if we reconsider Pichu and Dr.Mario also were lame additions, so we can spect anything from Nintendo.
Let's Hope they don't take any Melee chars from the game. Also I would like to see 50 (or more characters) in this one.

Edit: BTW
Takao is a party member from Mother 1, the original prequel of Earthbound for Nes, and she sucked as a character so I'm hoping she doesn't make it into the game. (for more info check www.starmen.net)

AND, I love the Dark Samus idea. And I wan't to know which characters where added to the poll today, if anyone could tell me?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
ßruK said:
Geno (though I'm thinking he'll not be in the game sadly, I can't think of a symbol for him, and it CAN'T be the Mario Mushroom),
Geno, one of the best choices ever, won't be in because you can't think of a symbol for him? Please.

1) He could use the outline of the wishing stars you recover in RPG

or

2) He could use the Mario mushroom, considering he's FROM a Mario game.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you think Geno could use the Mario mushroom? He is a Mario character.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
"Nickname ■ akami
Contribution theme ■ The reflection concerning the character

Because it is [pikumin] lover, participation is desired.
Also the fact that you buy for the first time with GC was [pikumin].

[kabii] →○. <- [pikumin] or [orima]

As for size comparative kana of this extent…? (It comes out, if is)
Very very it is the pleasure from now.
Development please persevere, supporting, the [ma] - it does. "

i doubt what sakurai was considering were pikmin themselves, so you should probably add olimar to our "list". orima = olimar.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
"Beginning.
You enjoy from 64 age.

Don't you think? information of the new work of [sumabura] appeared finally.
With saying, way in 々 it is rapid start,….
But you can manage Sakurai again, so, you are glad very.

The character being attached, is, but
Woman [kiyara] which is thought that at the time of 64 it does not come out.
After all, like [samusu] in not being able to fight unreasonable kana -…With you thought.
Because is, as for participation of [pichi] and [zeruda] you were surprised very with DX.

But in entry of this woman [kiyara],
Her form of the protagonist “of [pon] is not visible of SFC age with the panel”….
The varieties it is difficult after all kana, with while thinking, the item which is found.

“Lip stick”

She became tired appearance or [tsu] with the item, with suddenness. (Laughing)
Simultaneously [pon] as the person who played to SFC age with the panel,
They are not forgotten the shelf, with were glad in [sumabura].
This time numbers it is few? Her who is woman [kiyara]
It fights, (you throw block?)Looking at the form by all means, being like, the shank.

You think that everyone of the development staff, it becomes long production, but how paying attention to health.
Patiently, and you support in the pleasure. "

anyone know who this could be?

obviously a character from panel de pon/tetris attack, but i don't know who kiyara matches up with. o__o;

lip, maybe?

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Antioch said:
"Beginning.
You enjoy from 64 age.

Don't you think? information of the new work of [sumabura] appeared finally.
With saying, way in ? it is rapid start,….
But you can manage Sakurai again, so, you are glad very.

The character being attached, is, but
Woman [kiyara] which is thought that at the time of 64 it does not come out.
After all, like [samusu] in not being able to fight unreasonable kana -…With you thought.
Because is, as for participation of [pichi] and [zeruda] you were surprised very with DX.

But in entry of this woman [kiyara],
Her form of the protagonist “of [pon] is not visible of SFC age with the panel”….
The varieties it is difficult after all kana, with while thinking, the item which is found.

“Lip stick”

She became tired appearance or [tsu] with the item, with suddenness. (Laughing)
Simultaneously [pon] as the person who played to SFC age with the panel,
They are not forgotten the shelf, with were glad in [sumabura].
This time numbers it is few? Her who is woman [kiyara]
It fights, (you throw block?)Looking at the form by all means, being like, the shank.

You think that everyone of the development staff, it becomes long production, but how paying attention to health.
Patiently, and you support in the pleasure. "

anyone know who this could be?

obviously a character from panel de pon/tetris attack, but i don't know who kiyara matches up with. o__o;

lip, maybe?
Kiyara is short for Kiyarakutaa, or character.

i added this entry as Pon. i was under the impression that the name of the girl from Panel de Pon is Pon. checking out the Tetris Attack info on wiki, i see that it's Lip. i'll fix it.

and thanks for the help, Antioch and Bruk!

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i think we should go with Lip on this, since the writer mentions Lip's Stick. now, i never played Panel de Pon, but the writer seems to be suggesting the main character (protagonist), which appears to be Lip.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
I've played Panel de Pon. It's Lip, a fairy girl with brown curly hair and she uses that stick (Lip's stick, duh) to create Blocks (Kirby could tranform into one of those blocks). She would be a nice addition since we would have another girl for smash. ...

That's what I think he/she was talking about when saying "Woman [kyiara]".
or [pichi] and [zeruda] (peach and zelda) were some surprising adds to smash, and that kind of stuff. Well, the only girl in the first smash was [samusu] (samus), and she didn't look girly enough- XD

Yeah I'm sure that's what he/she ment...more female characters! And he/she proposed Lip. Yeah.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Bruk, i'm with you on that interpretation. and good call, antioch.

ok, that entry (with Takao) seems to be talking mostly about kirby and marth, with a quick reference to takao. so maybe it's just an homage referencing Takao Shimizu who worked on SSB64 almost 8 years ago. i've removed that entry from the first page.

here's the bad translation:

Beginning, when you insert 64 editions, [sumabura] history is woman Takao who is 8 years.
I most the character which has the reflection after all am the mars. Until it encounters the mars, it was the prayer of [kabii] one. But, after becoming game cube edition, [kabii] itself is weakened with influence of game balance, it is capability of the prayer, the primary factor which is buried went out. Therefore (most, the favorite [kabii] with also the fact that method of thinking which is said is strong is fact, but…)
When intending to participate in the conference with [kabii], the swordsman of a certain blue hair is the appearance red sandal wood. “The [wa], it is beauty shape”, that it will be that time in a trance with it is to end, but the friend does “with the mars, the [yo]? Then one time trying, everyone” being pushed in one word, it achieved [gigakutsupa] of adventure normal with new mars use.
Then with those which are said, as for me the mars to become favorite, it became the comic book where the mars of over ten years ago has come out and the way which buys the game. Now without the mars current capability (still it is weak, is, but…) you think that it was not. Although the descendant of hero [anri], and you being betrayed, as for that gallant figure which lives you thought that it is splendid.
By all means, not only the game cube, you look at the gallant figure even in the revolution and that it is the [re] cod calling, you ask, pray

BETA

Smash Ace
You don't know what Geno's symbol could be...? Uh, try and think back. What is Geno, exactly?

A star that has possessed a scarecrow doll. So, why wouldn't his symbol be the star he is?

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
You don't know what Geno's symbol could be...? Uh, try and think back. What is Geno, exactly?

A star that has possessed a scarecrow doll. So, why wouldn't his symbol be the star he is?
Because we have already a star symbol. Kirby (and Metaknight, and POSSIBLY King Dedede). Anyways, Smithy's falling giant Sword as a symbol would make the cut for him, but then again, we already have the Fire Emblem's sword for symbol. So I dunno. McFox is right, Geno is an excellent char for smash (if not one of my favourite entries), so I'm sure the symbol it's not an excuse....but I wouldn't put him the Mushroom one. It Should be different.

BTW, I'm sorry, I was checking the whole Takao thing too, I got confused with Otokonoko & Onnanoko (names of both protagonist of MOTHER)...so, very sorry. Onnanoko actually is a 8 year old girl. Look:

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
BETA said:

Maybe because Kirby already has a star as his symbol.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
There are plenty of icons Geno could have. That is not an excuse.

Think of all the items you could use in SMRPG. If Geno could be in Brawl, so could Mallow. Their icon could easily be KeroKero Cola, or any other drinks they used in the game (Pick Me Up, Maple Syrup, Froggie Drink etc.)

Just use your imagination. I'm sure they are.

Hornyyoshi

Smash Rookie
what if they used a starman for his symbol? he is a star, afterall. the staman has eyes which kirby's star lacks.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
updated.

entries # 73 & 77 may contain something i missed. i'd appreciate someone else to look over the new entries and let me know if i missed anything or made a mistake.

thanks!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
One of them seems to make mention of Simon Belmont from Demon Castle Dracula (Japanese name for the Castlevania series). I think there was another suggesting that professor guy from Brain Training. There is also quite a bit of praise regarding Pit's return.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kereokacola said:
If Geno could be in Brawl, so could Mallow. Their icon could easily be KeroKero Cola.
Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
If I could pick one from the list it would be the Hammer Bros. to replace Ice Climbers. But if Ice Climbers are still going to be in the game. My choice would be Megaman. I wished they had Viewtiful Joe or Sonic in that list though... :(

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
OH MARGOT;

A japanese guy asked if they could reduce the speed of the game since he couldn't practice since he played in another friend's house. That's stupid. >_<

Don't agree with the Maple Syrup thingie for Geno....a Starman could work out; maybe the Exor sticked on the castle.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I still don't understand why Geno couldn't use the Mario mushroom as his symbol? Isn't he a Mario character? He originates from a Mario game.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
I still don't understand why Geno couldn't use the Mario mushroom as his symbol? Isn't he a Mario character? He originates from a Mario game.
That is indeed true McFox, however, let us not forget that both Yoshi and Donkey Kong also originate from Mario games but each ascertained their own unique symbols. I believe that the same will be true in the case of Wario and perhaps Waluigi. I think that the main argument here is centered around the fact that Geno is not of the normal Mario cast, and thus deserves a separate symbol. I have a feeling that it’s going to be something having to do with a star, perhaps one like Kirby’s except with eyes, following in the Mario tradition. In the end, it’s up to anyone guess as to what symbol that he will use if he is featured in the game. (And he will Be, LOL!)

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Looking forward to alot of them but won't Ike be exactly like Roy/Marth?

just realized that it would be a really funny idea to have baby mario and luigi in as a co-op character like the IC's. Throwing each other and stuffs.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
Master_Sheik said:
That is indeed true McFox, however, let us not forget that both Yoshi and Donkey Kong also originate from Mario games but each ascertained their own unique symbols. I believe that the same will be true in the case of Wario and perhaps Waluigi. I think that the main argument here is centered around the fact that Geno is not of the normal Mario cast, and thus deserves a separate symbol. I have a feeling that it’s going to be something having to do with a star, perhaps one like Kirby’s except with eyes, following in the Mario tradition. In the end, it’s up to anyone guess as to what symbol that he will use if he is featured in the game. (And he will Be, LOL!)
he's from a mario game people. he'll have a mushroom. thanks for trying though

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
asianpride3491 said:
Why would you quote an arguement that already pre-disproves your case?
Why don't you calm down and stop getting frustrated. Baby just close it up sus..

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
JmcShocker14 said:
he's from a mario game people. he'll have a mushroom. thanks for trying though
Your opinion has been duly noted, but nonetheless, I doubt it. IE...yoshi and DK were originally from Mario games; however, they both have their own unique symbol.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
FireStar said:
Why don't you calm down and stop getting frustrated. Baby just close it up sus..

I apologize. Sorry that ignorance, stupidy, disproved theories, and amateurs who act like masters, makes me a little frustrated.

Your welcome Master Shiek.

Top Bottom