• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi:

Khorsan said:
And technically, he _is_ a star.
Spoilers!

Hahaha...

Resting_Fox said:
I wouldn't call Geno a stereotypical ANYTHING? He's a wooden doll possessed by a benevolent spirit from the heavens.

The closest archetype to that is Jesus or Hercules.
But they didn't have a cape.
Wow.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'm glad that actually there is a smabra player that like Nazo no Murasame-Jo and Shin Oni ga Shima music (it's the entry 53, he/she suggests a medley from both of these).

By the way, do you know if the webmaster (Sakurai) uploads the entries that he has in consideration, or are these the funniest to read? Cause there will be a lot of suggestions that won't be uploaded for sure and would contain a lot of good ideas.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Let's not forget about Captain Olimar...he might be in as a playable character, even though he's only a few inches high. I doubt Pikachu is really almost the same size as Mario, but there's always some things that have to be sacrificed.

Oh, and I guess I'll have to play Baton Kaitos (sp?) or whatever now that the characters could possibly be in Smash...that was really the only reason why I bought F-Zero for the GBA when it first came out, and why I bothered to play F-Zero GX for a bit :D

Finally, don't rule out the Golden Sun series...those were made by Nintendo, and they were pretty successful, if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Isaac or Garrett or someone in there.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Never played Boeton Kaitos(SP?) but the character looks interesting.....but it seems like he's a sword-based character. As long as he's like Link(his special moves being OTHER things than sword slashes), I won't mind him.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Kokichi said:
Let's not forget about Captain Olimar...he might be in as a playable character, even though he's only a few inches high. I doubt Pikachu is really almost the same size as Mario, but there's always some things that have to be sacrificed.

Oh, and I guess I'll have to play Baton Kaitos (sp?) or whatever now that the characters could possibly be in Smash...that was really the only reason why I bought F-Zero for the GBA when it first came out, and why I bothered to play F-Zero GX for a bit :D

Finally, don't rule out the Golden Sun series...those were made by Nintendo, and they were pretty successful, if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Isaac or Garrett or someone in there.

Hey! I totally forgot about Pikmin! That would be awsome, an army of Pikmin would swarm the screen, LOL.

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
Baten Kaitos was a GC games developed by Namco. It featured a unique card-based battle system using things called "magnus." It played like a traditional rpg, just that your move selections were limited each turn to whichever cards you drew from your deck. It has a sequel it development as we speak. But if you were going to include someone from their classic Tales series like Cless Alvein or Lloyd Irving or even Kratos Aurion. Lloyd wields dual katanas, and who doesn't love dual katanas?

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the Japanese gamers are requesting Hammerbros(hanmaburosu) and Oguma into smash bros. I would love Oguma though, and maybe Ira from Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu. Also, the translation renders just a P as a person's nickname. Is it possible that the Studio is also using American opinions?

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
There are more iconic characters than the Hammer Bros. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't propose any limits on the number of characters in SSBB, and I'd like to see HB in it, I pose limits if they reached like 124 and started to consider Hello Kitty! but thank God that's not the case. I just think that a common "baddie" like HB would be an odd addition. But if that's who their asking for in Japan, then I guess we will prolly see him.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
As a statement about Kalas from Batten Kaitos. I bought the game used and played it few days and ultimately got bored with it. It wasn't that good :-(. Kaitos wasn't very special either. A good natured slightly angsty teen with a not so pleasant past and blah blah blah blah. ALTHOUGH, his character might suck, that doesn't mean that he would not be a cool character to play in smash. He, like Pitt, also has some wings.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
The closest archetype to that is Jesus or Hercules.
But they didn't have a cape.
They didn't have an attack that hit for 9999 damage either.

The closest to that was the whole "Jesus saving all the souls of every person for all eternity," but come on. How do you fight Smithy with a bunch of saved souls?

And Waluigi sucks too.

Almost, but not quite, as much as Boshi.

Crownjo

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
They didn't have an attack that hit for 9999 damage either.

The closest to that was the whole "Jesus saving all the souls of every person for all eternity," but come on. How do you fight Smithy with a bunch of saved souls?

And Waluigi sucks too.

Almost, but not quite, as much as Boshi.
Waluigi is worthless and Pichu is even worst. him takeing damage for doing his moves is a huge drawback

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just when I was starting to like you McFox! Not only have you dissed Boshi, but you have also tarnished the name of Waluigi. LOL, seriously though, I want Boshi as a Yoshi costume, and Waluigi is going to be in this game regardless of how much you and Crownjo pick at him. I love it when I’m right, and I know that in 2007, my favorite dude in purple and black will be kicking some @$$.

n0b

Smash Rookie
Master_Sheik said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just when I was starting to like you McFox! Not only have you dissed Boshi, but you have also tarnished the name of Waluigi. LOL, seriously though, I want Boshi as a Yoshi costume, and Waluigi is going to be in this game regardless of how much you and Crownjo pick at him. I love it when I’m right, and I know that in 2007, my favorite dude in purple and black will be kicking some @$$.
Why do you support Waluigi? He is a worthless gimmick(He was originally created to be Wario's partner in Mario tennis) and would just end up as a clone. The only worse Nintendo character is Birdo, and she's still more established.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
n0b said:
Why do you support Waluigi? He is a worthless gimmick(He was originally created to be Wario's partner in Mario tennis) and would just end up as a clone. The only worse Nintendo character is Birdo, and she's still more established.
Well, Luigi was originally created so that there would be a "Player 2" option in the early Mario games. And Luigi been 'a clone' to Mario in most of the games.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
n0b said:

A clone?? u certainly cant mean a clone of wario. waluigi is nothing like Wario. as much as i dont like Waluigi he could be easily given a moveset way apart from Wario's. and im sure most people would agree. even the ones that dont like him would agree. Wario is fat and he will be heavier. how could stick thin Waluigi be the same as Wario. :confused:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Master_Sheik said:
I love it when I’m right, and I know that in 2007, my favorite dude in purple and black will be kicking some @$$.
I'm amused by your confidence.

Whether he's in the game or not, there is nothing that can make Waluigi any better than one-of-the-lamest-characters-ever.

In case you're wondering, here's my list of lame characters:

Boshi
Waluigi
Petey Pirahna

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
kilroy said:
Megaman
Claus (MOTHER 3)
Lucas (MOTHER 3)
King K. Rool (DK Country)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Geno (SMB RPG)
Professor Kawasima (Prof. Kawashima's Brain Training: How old is your Brain?)
Kalas (Batten Kaitos)
Cheer Group (? Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! ?)
Doctor Pepper (? General Pepper from Star Fox?)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Takao (female character, 8 years old?)
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!!!)
G-Red (Gotchaforce)
Hammer Bros.
Ogma (Fire Emblem)
Some of these characters seem promising, others seem sort of out there. I mean why isn't Paula, Jeff, or Poo listed here? Does that mean they could already be in the game? I mean, the Mother 3 characters aren't as popular.

King Dedede would be an awesome add for the series, but it makes me think. Could there be 2 Kirby villains and 1 Kirby hero?

The Fire Emblem character with the blue hair,Sigurd? Meh, he looks like a pansy version of Marth. Add Ashnard!

Its already said, but with Dragon Chan suggested, Little Mac might already be in it.

Hammer Bros would be a nifty add. They are one of the Mario Bros minions that could be given a good set of of moves for Brawl. Shyguys and Goombas don't cut it. In Marvel vs Capcom 2 they did have servbot as a character, so maybe they'll consider Hammer Bro?

King K Rool is a good add, there isn't enough big characters.

Maybe Black Shadow will replace Ganon? That way Ganon can use his sword?

Geno would be good to balance Snake. They both use guns after all.

Megaman could be like Kirby maybe, or like Samus? But I'm not a fan of him showing up. He already has some fighting games he's in, leave this one to Nintendo.

I prefer Slippy or Krystal before Peppy.

No Waluigi or anime characters officially confirmed, lets keep it that way. (Waluigi has only been in sport games, he doesn't deserve a chance in Brawl yet)

I don't know enough about the rest to say anything. The list looks okay, but I'm sure this is the leftover character list. I mean, wheres Ridley and Diddy Kong?

Vote for Ditto people.

n0b

Smash Rookie
tstumo said:
A clone?? u certainly cant mean a clone of wario. waluigi is nothing like Wario. as much as i dont like Waluigi he could be easily given a moveset way apart from Wario's. and im sure most people would agree. even the ones that dont like him would agree. Wario is fat and he will be heavier. how could stick thin Waluigi be the same as Wario. :confused:
You're right, I didn't mean a Wario clone, I was guessing Luigi.

Greenkirby, Luigi may have been created to be a Player 2 character, but it has always been the Mario Brothers, he was always meant to be there...Wario was a lone character until they went, "Oh Wario needs a partner for all these sports games."

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
MookieRah said:
Straight up dude :-P. I should have thrown in smileys on my first post, cause I definitely wasn't serious when I posted that.

I still don't know how someone doesn't want Megaman in the game. That makes me sad :-(.

Megaman has appeared in like 300 games to date. I swaer alot of other characters deserve an appearance before HIS *** in this game, dont you think?

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
BentoBox said:
And why do you suppose Ridley is already in?
It just took me by surprise that he wasn't even on that list. Ridley is such a popular character these days. So I'm just taking a guess (wishing) the developers already added him in and didn't tell the fans. Besides with two Samus running around, you need Ridley to keep them under control.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Or a Space Pirate. Being a popular character =/= best suited to be in the next ssb~ I personally don't picture him as a fighter.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
BentoBox said:
Or a Space Pirate. Being a popular character =/= best suited to be in the next ssb~ I personally don't picture him as a fighter.
I'm sure people thought it was funny that Captain Falcon was declare a character. They were probably asking, "How would an F-Zero driver fight in this game?" Then they gave him a bunch of moves which worked out.

So it isn't impossble for Ridley to have fighting skills. He at least has some moves set for him like a claw attacks and fireballs. But you never know until the game come out. I could be wrong about him.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Hey! All Metroid ever did was fight. HOW BOUT PUTTING HIM IN TEH GAME!1ONE1!11ONE
edit: I FORGOT GANON(monster)~ SILLY ME!

<_<

I'd rather see him as an ending boss in samus' character-specific adventure mode.

_the_sandman_ said:
I'm sure people thought it was funny that Captain Falcon was declare a character. They were probably asking, "How would an F-Zero driver fight in this game?" Then they gave him a bunch of moves which worked out.

So it isn't impossble for Ridley to have fighting skills. He at least has some moves set for him like a claw attacks and fireballs. But you never know until the game come out. I could be wrong about him.
And the fact that we didn't know much about him except being the pilot of a little blue jet mobile kinda gave the developers a carte blanche on how he should be fighting in the game.

http://www.gccafe.com/e3/2006/wii/mpcorruptionboss_e32006.wmv
THAT'S Ridley. And how he should be kept. IMO.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
I'm amused by your confidence.

Whether he's in the game or not, there is nothing that can make Waluigi any better than one-of-the-lamest-characters-ever.

In case you're wondering, here's my list of lame characters:

Boshi
Waluigi
Petey Pirahna

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.
LOL! Well, I’m sure that Waluigi will be in. I mean come on…he’s in all of the Mario Sport Games, Doubledash, and not to mention the recent Mario Parties. (Master Sheik envisions Stewie Griffin throwing a Sexy Party, LOL) Whether you like him or not, he has a fan base and I’m sure that he’ll carry over into SSBB. Mark my words. And as far as Birdo is concerned, I could care less whether or not she makes it, but I say the more the merrier!

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Yes, He has a Fanbase. Do a little research! You'll find several fanclubs on yahoo, msn, and geocities if you take the time to look.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
_the_sandman_ said:
Some of these characters seem promising, others seem sort of out there. I mean why isn't Paula, Jeff, or Poo listed here? Does that mean they could already be in the game? I mean, the Mother 3 characters aren't as popular..
I disagree, Lucas or Flint have a much better chance of getting in than poo or jeff or Paula does. Mother 3 was one of the most highly anticipated games in Japan and you can be certain that a Mother 3 character will find its way into Brawl.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Master_Sheik said:
Yes, He has a Fanbase. Do a little research! You'll find several fanclubs on yahoo, msn, and geocities if you take the time to look.

Found none on geocities and one in yahoo groups with a whooping 19members!
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/waluigi/

And I did find one on msn groups, OH BOI, looks like you were right~

(Here, I underlined the threads which had nothing to do with Waluigi. Pretty **** funny)

That sure is an impressive fanbase!. Let me laugh some more xD.

edit :

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
OMG, I am so sick of ppl coming after me just because I happen to like a variety of characters. For the record, I like Diddy, Dixie, King K Rool, Sonic, Tails, Megaman, Zero, Bass, Waluigi, Geno, King Dedede, and Boshi. So go ahead, let everyone know how asinine you are by blasting each and everyone of them! Honestly, I could care less what you think of them, so get over it already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we were actually allowed to have opinions on this forum. Of course I’m not going to like the same things that you like because that would actually put us on the same level of thinking (Master_Sheik Cringes). OMG, this is so aggravating, why not try being courteous to others rather than shooting everything down that exits their mouth. At any rate, these things are only suggestions; it’s not as if Nintendo actually cares what a few ppl think of their gaming strategy. Did they care when the entire world was in an uproar over naming the revolution the Wii, NO! Thus brings me to my final point, I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU LIKE OR DON’T LIKE! Nothing that you say could possibly change my opinions on videogame characters, so for God’s sake, get a life and target somebody else’s postings. If Waluigi sucks in your opinion, well whoopdi freakin doo for you; he still rocks in mine.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You wanted me to do some research before making foundation-less remarks, and so I did ;). All of that to prove that Waluigi has yet to leave a big impact before I could even consider him as a playable character in ssbb :p.

The point of a forum is to discuss opinions. Personally I think Waluigi suks, and that is MY opinion. Did I ever ask you to let go of your own? Nah, not afaik. "Get over it already" :D

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Of course you're allowed to have your own opinions on our forum. You have every right to have the idea that Waluigi is cool. Just like I have every right to think your idea is lame.

And Boshi.

I like most of your other pics (Bass? No.), so please chill out.

Top Bottom