• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
At least Krystal doesn't wear a polka-dotted diaper. And like Marsh said, his best attack is s***ting out of his mouth at you.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Plus when Petey talks, he makes sounds that resemble a dog that's trying to talk while it's being strangled to death.

Estehban

Smash Rookie
Aeris said:
Haha, yeah it's currently just wishful thinking for now, though. I mean, Toad was shown as a playable character in an early build of SSBM, and that didn't exactly come to fruition. But I'd agree that there's a far better chance now than before. =)
Why do you think that Toad was going to be a playable character for SSBM? I can't find any evidence for that.

D

Deleted member

Contrary to what I thought, I read somewhere that this ISN'T actualy a submission poll (thank bad translation), its more like a way of seeing which characters the fans want. Which can be a blessing or a curse, which ever way you see it...

Sorry if this was slightly obvious...

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
blessing if we got megaman, sonic. curse if we got petey piranha. *shivers at the thought*

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info, this should give us an idea who has a higher chance of making it into ssbb. Im surprise sonic isnt on the list though. Unless he is already in. I also want Zero more then Megaman.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zero has a small chance of showing up compared to MegaMan anyway. MegaMan originated on Nintendo, while Zero is originally a Playstation character(as is MegaMan X), but anyway, Geno would rock, as would some Earthbound characters as is. I was dissapointed in Melee for bringing new pokemon, multiple mario characters...and what is this? No new Metroid, no new Kirby, no new Donkey Kong, and no new F-Zero(plus others I can't think of). That was stupid, and this time around, it looks a lot better as we aren't getting overloaded with Mario series and Pokemon again. (Pichu was fine, but Dr. Mario was a bad idea, not that he sucks, mind you, but Wario at first would've been better, even if he was a clone(still a different overall person AND character)

If Sonic were to appear, he alone would be boring as there's no match-up other than Mario characters beating up on Sonic. One other Sonic series character brings the game more fun. Interesting 'poll', but I expected better...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
HyperFalcon said:
Zero has a small chance of showing up compared to MegaMan anyway. MegaMan originated on Nintendo, while Zero is originally a Playstation character(as is MegaMan X), but anyway, Geno would rock, as would some Earthbound characters as is. I was dissapointed in Melee for bringing new pokemon, multiple mario characters...and what is this? No new Metroid, no new Kirby, no new Donkey Kong, and no new F-Zero(plus others I can't think of). That was stupid, and this time around, it looks a lot better as we aren't getting overloaded with Mario series and Pokemon again. (Pichu was fine, but Dr. Mario was a bad idea, not that he sucks, mind you, but Wario at first would've been better, even if he was a clone(still a different overall person AND character)

If Sonic were to appear, he alone would be boring as there's no match-up other than Mario characters beating up on Sonic. One other Sonic series character brings the game more fun. Interesting 'poll', but I expected better...
Error alert: X and Zero's first game is Megaman X1 for the SNES.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
FIRST GAME. Unlike MegaMan, X and Zero pretty much are accepted as PlayStation game characters. They aren't really considered Nintendo characters at all. MegaMan, as well as .EXE were pretty much all Nintendo.(not saying that NO original-MegaMan games were for PSX, but that's not the point) Zero seems too Sony, and really not Nintendo related at all, as does Zero. Snake already has atleast 3 Nintendo games, where X and Zero have...1? That doesn't really help. If you want to play as Zero, just play MvC2 for the PS2, as he seems like yet a Mario/Marth fusion at the most. Even X seems a lot more original for the case, but MegaMan is just a better NINTENDO choice.

It's the same reason why Sonic is accepted more towards Nintendo than anything else. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Battle, and Sonic Rush are Nintendo only. Last I checked, the original MegaMan games can be played on PS2 now...atleast Sonic has Nintendo only games, giving him a bit more of a Nintendo feel now. Don't get me wrong, I like both Sonic and MegaMan, and I'd be glad to have both, but X and Zero just don't fit in to the classic style. At the most, X would make a nice costume(if only color-wise), but not an entire character.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
HyperFalcon said:
FIRST GAME. Unlike MegaMan, X and Zero pretty much are accepted as PlayStation game characters. They aren't really considered Nintendo characters at all. MegaMan, as well as .EXE were pretty much all Nintendo.(not saying that NO original-MegaMan games were for PSX, but that's not the point) Zero seems too Sony, and really not Nintendo related at all, as does Zero. Snake already has atleast 3 Nintendo games, where X and Zero have...1? That doesn't really help. If you want to play as Zero, just play MvC2 for the PS2, as he seems like yet a Mario/Marth fusion at the most. Even X seems a lot more original for the case, but MegaMan is just a better NINTENDO choice.
Well, X2 and X3 were SNES games too, and MMX: Command mission was released on the Gamecube, as was Megaman X anniversary collection. Also, while not a part of the "X" series, Zero is the star of the Gameboy Advanced only "Megaman Zero" games, so he is more "Nintendo" than X would be. Altogether, X has been in 5 Nintendo-system games, and Zero has been in 9. Thats more than the number of NES Megaman games.

Edit: Oh, just so you know my position, I think Megaman will be in before they consider X or Zero.

~Kamek~

Smash Rookie
King K. Rool was a silly old fool, and a silly old fool was he.

To get in a match, with whom he just couldn't catch:

Ol' Kamek Koopa, whom on his broomstick so nimble see?

((Teehee, nursery rhymes are so fun. Oh goodness I'd love to see Kamek there in the new smash... :chuckle: ))

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
tstumo said:
blessing if we got megaman, sonic. curse if we got petey piranha. *shivers at the thought*
I don't understand why so many people hate Petey. Is it because he's been used so much? I just don't understand it.

Taramoor

Smash Cadet
Mr.Starone said:
I don't understand why so many people hate Petey. Is it because he's been used so much? I just don't understand it.

I think the general animosity directed toward Petey comes from the fact that his first appearance was in Sunshine and immeidately afterward it felt like Nintendo was trying to force him on everyone with his appearances in Mario Golf, Double Dash, etc.

I mean,creating a new character is fine and all, but Petey was a one-off boss that suddenly showed up in the party games.

Who are the ad wizards who came up with that?

Stico

Smash Rookie
i would much rather see Flint from Mother 3 than Claus from Mother 3. If Lucas is already on the poll than why put his twin brother who is pretty much the same character but with darker hair? Flint would be much more original, plus he was suppose to be the main character on Earthbound 64 untill it got canceled.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Mr.Starone said:
Two of the characters I want are in there (K.Rool and Dedede). Now if only Ridly and Sonic were in......
Well, the fact that my top four picks for new characters (Sonic, Tails, Diddy, and Krystal) are not on the list is kind of re-assuring me that they are already in the game. The Hammer Bros on the list makes me worry that they won't make it (they're number five on my list.)

Peter Rific

Banned via Administration
I keep forgeting that all the young children want Krystal in cuz they never played the first 2 starfox games that were actually good games.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
i would much rather see Flint from Mother 3 than Claus from Mother 3. If Lucas is already on the poll than why put his twin brother who is pretty much the same character but with darker hair?
I could answer that question for you, but it spoils most of Mother 3's story. I believe everyone should've gotten the point by now about my rants on Claus. If he is implemented in the game with his own moves, it basically blows away the one of the biggest shockers in Mother 3.

In short, Claus is NOT the same as Lucas. He has a big role in the game that makes him different but it's something I can't explain here, even in spoiler tags. It's just too emotional.

EDIT: If you really want me to spoil it for you, I suppose I could do so in a PM. But only if you PM me first about it. Just don't go crying to me if I ruin the game's storyline for you.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
This is a old list, theres a even more updated version of this NOW on the site.

I can't translate it though. Gamefaqs did it.

D

Deleted member

Here's the link: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=28240129

Seriously though, it's been ages, and how many many submissions does he have on his front page? Is he personaly approving each one? Sakurai is great for directing it and all, but I seriously doubt that even half of our submissions will ever see the light of day...

And another thing, is there ever going to be an English language submissions page? Come on Sakurai! The English world needs you!

Shark X

Smash Lord
So, how do we vite on this poll? I'd like to vote for Mega Man myself, but if I can vote for more than one, Simon Belmont and Geno for sure, then Toad, maybe Lololo and Lalala...and maybe Hammer Bros...although I don't see why they would be in this game.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
check smashbros. There are new entries, and they're asking for Geno for the second time! This is great! If japaneses love Geno so much he'll be in the game for sure!!

Nº86 reads:
"Beginning! The [tsu] which is the [sumabura] new work it is and has been excited!!
The reflection to [kiyara], with with the notion that where you say…From game and [mario] RPG which I love [jino]…!!"

Jino---> XD Ok, it's the google-stuff. YAY HURRAY FOR GENO!!!

Shark X

Smash Lord
ßruK said:
check smashbros. There are new entries, and they're asking for Geno for the second time! This is great! If japaneses love Geno so much he'll be in the game for sure!!
Although there are characters more deserveing than Geno, I would very much like to see Geno in this one.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Just saying Geno has been in one game sadly. Toad has been in way more, and became more liked. As well as Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Simon Belmont, and Bomberman. Yet Geno is still cooler than half of those, and even though Geno was in one game, while Hammer Bros have been in tons, Geno is still more deserving than them, as he had a starring role. Hammer Bros had a role where you come up, dodge hammers, and crush their skulls.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Well that was a pointless question that came out of no where.
Of course not.

If you play the game (and finish it) you'll know for sure why you were correct when you said:

Yet Geno is still cooler than half of those, and even though Geno was in one game, while Hammer Bros have been in tons, Geno is still more deserving than them, as he had a starring role.

No further questions.

I still like you though... (you have some nice character ideas there)

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
As popular as Geno is, the problem is that despite being Square's property, he's still a Mario character to a degree and most fans who are tired of seeing Mario characters might not be very pleased if he were to make it in.

Personally, I don't care either way for Geno. If he's in then kickass. If he's not, no big deal, I still have Metaknight, Pit, Wario, and Solid Snake to play around with. (And I suppose Zero Suit Samus but she doesn't really interest me at the moment.)

Shark X

Smash Lord
Not me, although Meta Knight sold this game to me instantly, and will probably be the only character I play with, I would much rather Geno be in it, not just for the sake of haveing more characters, but just because Geno is **** cool. He may not be as deserveing as some, but so what? There's no way in hell (is that word allowed on these forums?) that Pichu deserved to be in the game. So if Pichu can make it, anyone can.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Peter Rific said:
Square doesnt own Geno.
Oh yes they do. Try reading the Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga credits. They clearly mention that Geno's rights belong exclusively to Square Enix.

Also, Bowser85, you've obviously never played MarioRPG.
Oh then what's this cartridge sticking out of my Super NES say? Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Don't act all smartass on me. I OWN the fricking game, I've played it more times than you can count.

Peter Rific

Who ****ing cares whos "deserving", Snake sure as hell isnt deserving enough to be in a nintendo published game.quit saying that "deserving" BS.

Peter Rific

Bowser85 said:
Oh yes they do. Try reading the Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga credits. They clearly mention that Geno's rights belong exclusively to Square Enix.
Beat it. Saw it.

Nintendo bought the rights not too long ago to just Geno and Mallow.

-Wheres McFox when u need him-

Top Bottom