• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character w/ Largest Learning Curve

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic.
I used to think Pokemon Trainer, but after playing around with him he's one of the more difficult ones to pick up but no where near the hardest.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I think its Snake, it just doesn't take that long of a learning curve to be "good" with him. But will all the stuff he has you could practice forever and still find some new tactics.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Sonic imo.

Second up would have to be Snake and Lucario and maybe R.O.B.

Third up would be the slow, heavy characters. (D3, Bowser, DK, etc.)

Mmac

Smash Lord
I am going to say Pokemon Trainer. You have to learn how to use 3 completely different characters efficiently. That enough probably takes more work than everyone else

Popertop

Smash Champion
Ice climbers takes a while to figure ou without using grab-bs and campy ****.

Snake feels awkward to me I can't play wiht him.

Toon link takes a while.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'd have to say PT or ICs. Snake isn't all that hard to use, just see some vids and imitate. PT have the 3 character thing going on which is a bother. ICs I can't get those chaingrabs down to a science and that's at least half their game.

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
Snake can feel strange at first because his smashes are so unorthodox. But after that it is easy to start picking up effective techniques.

I am struggling to make Lucario effective. I see how he can be, I just cannot execute.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
I'd have to say PT or ICs. Snake isn't all that hard to use, just see some vids and imitate. PT have the 3 character thing going on which is a bother. ICs I can't get those chaingrabs down to a science and that's at least half their game.
thats funny. I learned them in 30 minutes (alt grab timing)
I was simply basing my own expirences and i care nothing about this thread. It will soon be overiddeen with fanboyism if not already.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm, this is quite tough. I think the two hardest characters to main are Link, and Yoshi they're really technical characters and have a lot of Advance Techniques that are hard to learn and use effectively. Well this is my opinon anyways :psycho:.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Snake can feel strange at first because his smashes are so unorthodox. But after that it is easy to start picking up effective techniques.

I am struggling to make Lucario effective. I see how he can be, I just cannot execute.
you just have to ***** that Fsmash a bunch for Lucario.
but realy, just learning the properties of his moves, where they hit and such, jsut takes a while.

Candide

Smash Apprentice
I seriously couldn't see why everyone placed Snake second after Metaknight the first time I played him. That's how complex his maneuvers can be. Zelda also get a vote because of the precision needed in some of her attacks such as fair, bair, dair, Farore's Wind, etc.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I dont see how it could be Sonic or PT. They're not that hard to learn. the hardest would have to be Olimar or Ice Climbers.

The trick to PT is to use Squirtle till 60%, Ivysaur till 120%, and then use Charizard for the rest.

marktenshi

Smash Rookie
I'm going to say Link, being able to effectively use his projectiles isn't as easy as it used to be, the gale is quite difficult to make effective in the way that it's intended, that is, with the pull of the gale.

As well, the new air dodge and the "floaty" lateral movement in brawl make great moves like his uair and dair ni impossible to pull off, it's just always seen coming.

I'll agree with sonic as well, using his up-b more often than people are used to with most characters and his ground speed is just so unlike any other character.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
I dont see how it could be Sonic or PT. They're not that hard to learn. the hardest would have to be Olimar or Ice Climbers.

The trick to PT is to use Squirtle till 60%, Ivysaur till 120%, and then use Charizard for the rest.
Olimar really doesn't strike me as a hard character to learn, as long as you know how his Pikmin stuff works (which honestly takes max 5 minutes to figure out).

I have to agree with Sonic and probably PT / Ice Climbers. It takes a while to get used to using a character like Sonic where you have to work really hard to do everything. He feels a lot worse than he actually is when you start using him because of that.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
In all honesty, mastering desyncing on IC's is very hard to learn.
Second would probably be Sonic, not so hard to use his moves, but so very hard to adapt his playstyle to each indvd. character you play against. It is very hard to be a great sonic.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy has the most tech skill in brawl, period.

The highest learning curve is probably ice climbers since they're so hard to use properly

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Luigi isn't hard, just very very specific.

Don't like to spam your air game? Don't be luigi. Anyway, luigi is all about mastering every aerial then learning how to use each in their best situation. Otherwise he's fairly simple. (fundamentals ftw.)

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but:

Just because the character is bad, doesn't mean they're hard to use. They're just bad.

EDIT: This was not towards anyone.(I don't think.)

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but:

Just because the character is bad, doesn't mean they're hard to use. They're just bad.

EDIT: This was not towards anyone.(I don't think.)
Ya I know what your saying, but think of a character like PT, he does have a high learning curve. And same with sonic, even tho he feels simple, his play style really is hard to use... Ice climbers doesn't fit your theory either..

And I think link has crazy potential, so therefore to get to that potential, you must climb a steep learning curve.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lol @ ppl saying Snake, just use tilts and you will eventually win.

Pokemon Trainer, kinda.
Sonic, YES.
Ganondorf, meh, if you can get him down he's an amazing character.
Samus, see Ganondorf.
Olimar, hell no.
MK, no lolol.
ROB, no.
TLink no.
Link, sorta.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
After 6 years of SSB. I still cannot figure out Marths dancing blade 100%

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I would say ice climbers, Pokemon Trainer, sonic, and zss....they come to mind...
Zss is NOT hard to learn.
I seconded her today, and I already figured out all the basic combos and strings/techs.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I think ROB is fairly hard to use well, but once you do it's almost unfair how good of a character he is. Of course, there is always MK... :(

Top Bottom