• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character w/ Largest Learning Curve

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Meta Knight has the largest learning curve by far. Durr hurr.

Miller

Smash Lord
^^ Though I think most non-mains would admit that IC's, Sonic and PT have the highest learning curves.
Sonic doesnt have a high learning curve, he just sucks.
PT doesnt have a high learning curve, its just 3 characters. Anyone who can actually play brawl can atleast play 3 characters even if they dont second or third them

So Sonic and PT don't have high learning curves, I don't understand why people keep saying those two.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
(Sigh...)

Meta Knight has the largest learning curve by far. Durr hurr.
(Looks at who Exor mains)

Sonic doesnt have a high learning curve, he just sucks.
PT doesnt have a high learning curve, its just 3 characters. Anyone who can actually play brawl can atleast play 3 characters even if they dont second or third them

So Sonic and PT don't have high learning curves, I don't understand why people keep saying those two.
Because they have common sense.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
PT is difficult because they're three entirely different characters and playstyle that you have to be able to switch to on the fly.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Fun fact : Not EVERYBODY sucks with Sonic. There are just very few people who can use him well.

Why you say? Why?

HIGH. LEARNING. CURVE.

That's common sense.

And how can you debate PT not having a high learning curve? You have to learn when and where to use 3 different characters in one match.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Like ive said, ITS NOT THAT HARD TO LEARN 3 CHARACTERS, unless your a complete scrub at this game.
The thing that they're saying is if you want to win as PT, then you have to learn all 3 char on a "main" level.

YOu need to be good enough that you "main" 2 of them and "second" 1, any less isn't cutting it, such as "learning to use" level.

Basically,
main>secondary>third>"learn to use">"I keep killing myself"

Most people go:

1char>1-3char>2-4 char>majority>0-3 char

but for PT you need

3char>1-2 char>1-2 char>majority>0-3 char

Nitrix

Smash Ace
What do you guys classify as a "Character with a high learning curve"?

I think if we all had a definition to work from, then things would be much easier.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Falco: his shdl and shl are easy to do but implementing them in your game takes quite a bit of practice. Same with his chaingrab, any one can CG but it takes practice to use it to its full extent. ei SK92

Samus: she is just weird to play :dizzy:

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Like ive said, ITS NOT THAT HARD TO LEARN 3 CHARACTERS, unless your a complete scrub at this game.
Look at it this way. You are locked in a room with one TV and one SSBB. You can only play one character, and you cannot leave the room until you have mastered that character. One person has lets say Falco, and the other has PT. It will take the PT user longer to master his character because he has three to learn and the other person only has the one.

Do you see what I mean? So yes it is easy to learn three characters, but it still takes longer than learning other characters. You have to get the right perspective. :)

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Sonic

Most characters I picked up in one day but Sonic took me 3 days to truly understand how to use him correctly.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
What is so hard about learning Sonic? I don't have much experience with him, but he doesn't seem to be THAT complex of a character. >.>

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I've said it before, Sonic, then IC. I have NO IDEA how to desynch IC, and it'll take me a long time before I get used to it. As to sonic, its getting him to combo.

I wouldn't say D3 is easy, Sure its easy to CG/Bair, but then if your limiting youself to just that, a good D3 will mop the floor with you. And don't forget my now favorite tech, the Jet Hammer Shuffle!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
What is so hard about learning Sonic? I don't have much experience with him, but he doesn't seem to be THAT complex of a character. >.>
I agree. He really isn't that hard to learn. I used to use him. I think the hardest is Olimar, Snake, or Ice Climbers.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
This discredits your agruement. You try to use him. And by using him I mean don't suck.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
In my opinion it has to be Zss and Bowser.
I mean come on, it really takes some skill to win with bowser with his slowness and what what.
Zss is also very hard to get used to because of all of the tactics you need to apply just to get damage on someone.

PT seems hardest because there are three different pokemon for different uses, but if you practice one at a time it really takes less then trying to Cluster F*** them.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I agree. He really isn't that hard to learn. I used to use him. I think the hardest is Olimar, Snake, or Ice Climbers.
Olimar?!!?!? Just C-stick em'!
Snake is at first hard but after like 20 minutes you should be fine.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers is one, no question about it. And lmao @ people saying Snake, you guys obviously don't know much about this game if you think Snake requires skill to play.
Snake is one of those characters that's easy to pick up, but really difficult to master. In order to actually be GOOD you have to learn how to use Snake's excellent stage control moves, learn to cut off options of the other player, grenade set ups, anticipate where they'll be etc etc... I wouldn't call him a walk in the park to master >_>

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Olimar?!!?!? Just C-stick em'!
That has got to be the stupidest strategy ever. No one uses the C-Stick. C-Sticking is for noobs. Anyone who uses the C-stick is a noob. No one likes to be a noob. Therefore, a smart person wouldn't use the c-stick.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Nice Law of Syllogism example lol. I have to say Ike, because even though he is easy to play, he is very, very, hard to play correctly. I've tried for 1 month to get used to him and I still don't think I have it.

Hype

Smash Lord
I've said it before, Sonic, then IC. I have NO IDEA how to desynch IC, and it'll take me a long time before I get used to it. As to sonic, its getting him to combo.

I wouldn't say D3 is easy, Sure its easy to CG/Bair, but then if your limiting youself to just that, a good D3 will mop the floor with you. And don't forget my now favorite tech, the Jet Hammer Shuffle!
The reason I think D3 is easy to learn is because your strategy doesn't change very much depending on who you are playing. His best strategies are really repetitive. The only thing technical about him is CG which isn't hard and jet hammer shuffle which is rather useless.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
D3 is easy to learn. His chain grabs are very easy to pull off. His basic strategy revolves around two things:

1. Chain grabs
2. Waddle-Dee throws

Master this and you can beat even the best MK players.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Link is probably the one with the highest learning curve.
You have to worry about a large array of ATs, how to utilize your projectiles correctly, playing mindgames, remember to shorthop constantly, and the fact that you're a bit slow/heavy and can't recover, so you have to have perfect DI.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
That has got to be the stupidest strategy ever. No one uses the C-Stick. C-Sticking is for noobs. Anyone who uses the C-stick is a noob. No one likes to be a noob. Therefore, a smart person wouldn't use the c-stick.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, now I know that you are just plain stupid. Because half of the people who plays smash uses the C-stick, and I can tell you that half of the people who play smash are better then you.

I guess most Smash players are total noobs, you sure beat me, let me bow to you now.

*gives Mimic the finger*.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Though I do have to be fair, it does take more skill to play without the C-stick.
But those who do use it arn't noobs.

Top Bottom