• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what's there to discuss besides us ogling Ankoku's list and people claiming for weeks that MK is too good?

come on now, add a little spice to your life :027:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would just like to say thanks to Ankoku for comin up with this and updatign consistently. It is highly appreciated.

also, everytime i check this list, the LOLquaza seems to fit more, all he needs is 250 more points to be doubling snake, and snake is more than doubling the next guy in line. this MK snake thing is getting rediculous.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I'm acctually more curious to see what happens when the big national tournies like MLG and stuff start for brawl, then i think we'll get a better picture of rankings, as of right now, even though the pros are playing, there's alot of local bush to hack through that could skew rankings a little

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"Local bush to hack through" don't make it to the top eight, even in regional-level tournaments.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
I'm acctually more curious to see what happens when the big national tournies like MLG and stuff start for brawl, then i think we'll get a better picture of rankings, as of right now, even though the pros are playing, there's alot of local bush to hack through that could skew rankings a little
hope it shifts the scene on the tier. It would be too bad if MK turns out to be as LOLquaza for good, he'll be banned for sure then

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very nice man^. I'll have to come down there sometime when I'm nearby.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
"Local bush to hack through" don't make it to the top eight, even in regional-level tournaments.
that doesn't mean the top eight at locals or regionals will make top eight at MLG at all, if there are say, 8 reigions, then only the top players from each region would make the top eight, thats just an example. and at a regional level there are more intermediate players that wouldn't last at all at MLG but could sucker punch a few pros. not that those people would definately do better at MLG, but it could mess some things up.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
XLord Karnbro and Bilb Illbill's Adventure's in Wonderbroland 10/04

18 entrants
$5 entry

Brawl singles:

1. Dr. PeePee (Marth)
2. NC-Echo (Olimar)
3. Ali (Snake)
4. Lord Karn (ROB)
5. Devin (Marth)
5. Ph00tbag (Zero Suit Samus)
7. LDPK (Pikachu)
7. Arc (Toon Link)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195547&page=21
wow, do you guys ban MK? cause a top eight with no MK and two Marths. I think i am on to something

srry double post

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
XLord Karnbro and Bilb Illbill's Adventure's in Wonderbroland 10/04

18 entrants
$5 entry

Brawl singles:

1. Dr. PeePee (Marth)
2. NC-Echo (Olimar)
3. Ali (Snake)
4. Lord Karn (ROB)
5. Devin (Marth)
5. Ph00tbag (Zero Suit Samus)
7. LDPK (Pikachu)
7. Arc (Toon Link)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195547&page=21
A top 8 ranking that only has one Snake and no Metaknights?!? *bursts into flames*

Then again, there was only 18 people...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There are no Metaknights in any of the Billfests because there's all of one MK main who regularly attends tourneys in the Triangle (where the Billfests take place). He doesn't place well, primarily because our top ten are better than him. Lord Karn seconds MK, but prefers to go ROB. For the most part, though, NC has managed to resist the temptation of MK at our tournaments. Thank God.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I second MK, but I have only had to use him once, thank goodness lol.

Marth is good enough to win tournies in my opinion anyways.

Good stuff ph00tbag. Wasuuuup!

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I just did some number crunching with this and the official list (cuz I'm bored :p), and I found that:

The RMSE (Root Mean Square Error) is 4.230, which means that the avarage character is 4.230 spaces away from their spot on the other list.

The most extreme differences are: Peach is 10 places higher on this list, and Pokemon trainer is 9 places higher on this list. Whereas Toon Link is 9 places lower on this list, and Lucas is 8 places lower on this list.

Pit, Meta, Falco, Wolf, C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Marth, and Snake are in the exact same spots on both lists.

I did some other stuff, but it isn't really noteworthy, but if anyone wants to know something, I can figure it out.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Yeah luckily PT has good tourny results, maybe that affects the next version of the tier list, not just PT, also peach. lucas and toon link

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Believe me, I hate doing it, and I'm about the same skill with Mk as I am with Marth (no practice with MK though lol).

Brobrobro, good stuff on 5th place brodawg.

I'm aight at this game apparently.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
lolololololololololol

1: Bladewise (Marth/Bowser)
2: Valdens (GW)
3: Sagemoon (Pit)
4: Jamnt0ast (Rob)
5: Gimpyfish (Sheik)
5: Donchan (Pit)
7: Jem (Metaknight/Falco)
7: Fear (Mario/IC)
9: Zeionut (Snake)
9: Eggz (Dedede/Toon Link/Metaknight)
9: Praxis (Peach)
9: BRDY (Metaknight)

34 entrants - Gameclucks monthly

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Oh no, this is one of the best things in SWF =(

How did it cause harm? I'll make sure I'll check the rankings every week or so

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Its a shame that you took it down, I greatly appreciated the work you were putting into the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom