• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
okay, maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong

i didn't really want to respond to your post, but you said discuss

buuut i suppose i give up. everyone is entitled to an opinion

this is why i stopped posting seriously on smashboards, cuz i just care about winning matches instead of debating LOL

i just learned to always be optomistic about smash and characters, even if it was blind/ignorant to do so *shrug*

no hard feelings, all love buddy

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's a Nintendo game after all, whoever thinks seriously about one of them...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No, it's fine.

I never have hard feelings about discussion.

It's good for everyone and helps the community grow especially when it's a discussion between knowledgeable members of the community.

And I can't blame you for getting upset about my opinion. You are human so you will get emotional from time to time.

It's only natural.

Much <3 to choknater.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong's meta has been tapped into a little. Sonic, Yoshi, IC, & Lucas have a lot of potential, but 3/4 of the cast's metagames have not been tapped into either.

Lucas & Sonic will go up by a lot once more people start using them. Lucas's playstyle is very weird, which steers away a lot of people. All of his moves are strong, and he has great range. Sonic is so fast, he can punish very well, but he needs a smart player backing him up.;)

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
I say bah to Emblem Lord for the same reason I don't go to the SF4 boards on SRK; people calling the full development of the metagame of a game that's not even a year old. I also say bah because EL's sentiments have been stated several times before and have been worked around/disproven. It happened in Melee, it happened with Snake, it happened in GGXX, #R, Slash, and definitely in ^C, it happened in 3S, it's happened so many times in fighting games that I can barely remember them all.

People will find ways to work around broke **** and find counters to said broke ****. The fact that members of the Smash community on the surface do not seem to acknowledge this is why we've been/are the laughingstocks of the fighting game scene. I'll say it before, and I'll say it again; when every single top 8 in every single tourney consists of only Metaknight, then we have a problem. That has not happened and probably never will.

The fact that EL likes Guilty and still gets upset over Meta being **** in a can doesn't sit well with me. #R Eddie/Slash Ky and/or Sol ring a bell mate?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The worst match-up in a Guilty Gear game is 60/40.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Also remember that Brawl wasn't made to be competitive unlike those other games you mentioned. Those games were created by companies who know how to make fighting games and know what it takes to make them competitive.

They even have competitive players help them develop their games sometimes.

So, when it comes to Capcom, Sammy Studios and the rest, I usually have faith in them.

But this is Nintendo we are talking about.

There is no comparison.

Also why do people keep assuming I'm upset about MK?

It's getting annoying.

What upsets me is blind optimism with no evidence to back it up.

hyperknees91

Smash Cadet
Woo Guilty Gear and VF love FTW. can't wait for blazblue T_T

Love how balanced those games are, wish every game had the time put into them like they were.

I don't get how the tier list from smash boards was released and they can justify ROB being in the same tier as MK or Snake. Seriously does it make any sense for a char who wins next to no tournaments (not do well in a tournament, actually win them) to be in a top tier category?

Also how do they justify toon link being top of the mid, when the 5th from the bottom has better results (sonic).

Ya I know tournament results can't completely justify a tier list, but I don't things like this should be ignored either.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Tournament: Matsuri Brawl
Midwest
Entry: $5
Entrants: 50
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2473
1. infernohit(G&W)
2. AyanamiLilith22(Link)
3. Ryzen Xia(Falco)
4. Stephen Burroghs (Fox)
5. Conrad (MK)
5. Princess Aura (G&W/TL/Zelda)
7. Joseph Jnkolm (Lucario)
7. Chaos (Wolf)

Tournament: Chicago End of Summer
Midwest
Entry: $10
Entrants: 28
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2169
1. Needle of Juntah(G&W)
2. Cosmo(G&W)
3. Tink(G&W)
4. Rat (Falco)
5. infernohit(G&W)
5. Ook(Donkey Kong)
7. Ryzen Xia(Falco)
7. Princess Aura (G&W/TL/Zelda)

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
this may mean that undersused characters have an advantage due to no body knowing how to play against them

too bad thats not true :(

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Game and Watch may be starting to take over 0_0. Not over Meta Knight though.

Cudos to Eddy, he placed Luigi!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Midwest is the official region of G&W. All those other people like Anther, Overswarm, and vidjogamer are anomalies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Midwest is the official region of G&W. All those other people like Anther, Overswarm, and vidjogamer are anomalies.
well every tourny i've ever been to anywhere in iowa, i don't see all that many G&W, i see alot of falco and MK tho, never see olimar, and i think im the only peach player lol.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually we spilt 1st and i didn't lose to him. i beat him in random dittos first match ^^
yeah, against other people he used ganon lol
So...Olimar deserves some points from the win? amiright ankoku?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Looking at the hysteria about Meta Knight, one feels that 3 months ago, you'd be saying the same thing with all instances of "MK" replaced with "Snake."

Food for thought.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Wow 2nd with Link.......Thats even more impressive than using Ganan/meta in my opinion.

By the way....what happened to the regional results

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I got tired of doing them, for the time. Maybe I'll release them again at the end of the year.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I got tired of doing them, for the time. Maybe I'll release them again at the end of the year.
I suppose thats fair enough....

You may want to consider this then.....

(A North American List) as Brawl is extemly popular in North America and this is mostly a North American site...

And an International List (could include tourney's from japan and europe)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Getting results from Japan would be really hard unless there's a site like this one that is making the exact same thing as Ankoku is doing.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
I still want to know what happened to the days when Snake owned the game. (ironic you'd bring up Gimpyfish lol) Just a warm-up or something?

I wonder who'll be the only tourney-viable character come winter.

Frown

poekmon
I still want to know what happened to the days when Snake owned the game. (ironic you'd bring up Gimpyfish lol) Just a warm-up or something?

I wonder who'll be the only tourney-viable character come winter.
Well, people discovered that Metaknight could combo. For real. I mean, he can just keep his opponent airborne for ages.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
people figured out how to get through snake's dominating stage game. he has speed limits when it comes to close range, just don't make a mistake and get hit by tilts.

as for metaknight, people haven't figured it out yet. but i'm sure they will. heh, i never have any problems with mk.
in b4 "play better mk's"

TeeVee

Smash Lord
people figured out how to get through snake's dominating stage game. he has speed limits when it comes to close range, just don't make a mistake and get hit by tilts.

as for metaknight, people haven't figured it out yet. but i'm sure they will. heh, i never have any problems with mk.
in b4 "play better mk's"
playbettermk's

Samochan

Smash Master
Snake has faults which led him being what, a bit worse than meta now, but where are meta's faults? Lightweight? Okay... does not help much when he doesn't lag any and one cannot get past smart metanite and he comboes you or even stalls till game ends. Scarce KO moves? He'll just save em till he needs to use them and unstales them with tornado abuse and whatever, not like shuttle loop and dsmash are too weak anyway. Anndd.. that's about it, other weaknesses exploited is due to matchups and I don't see many diddy's on the same level as Ninjalink and stuff. <_< So it's kinda tough figuring out how to own metas when there's basically no weakness to exploit cept tiny amount of matchups like bananas and lasers > tornado. At least fox was a fastfaller on melee...

goodkid

Smash Lord
^^^^
Chudat's Kirby, Azen's Lucario, & M2K's DDD get around MK. I know MK is hard for everyone, but there are ways around MK, & its proven if you have the skill.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wichita, KS Bi-Weekly (9/6/08) - 24 Entrants

1) Affinity ----------------------------------- Meta Knight
2) Domo --------------------------------------Meta Knight
3) Nynja --------------------------------------Diddy/Ice Climbers
4) Clel-----------------------------------------Marth
5) Karmacide---------------------------------Snake
5) Attackstorm-------------------------------Falco
7) StealthRaptor-----------------------------Pikachu
7) KY------------------------------------------Marth/Pit/Peach
9) ChaosTheory------------------------------Lucas
9) Ratman------------------------------------Snake
9) Horrible **** Radius (Inferno)---------Jigglypuff/Wolf/Captain Falcon/ROB/Ganondorf (lulz)
9) DragonPoet--------------------------------ZSS
13) Ikebo--------------------------------------Ike
13) Genie Majiggie----------------------------Toon Link/Pikachu
13) LikeIke-------------------------------------Ike
13) Royal Tempest----------------------------Zelda
17) Supergamer-------------------------------Lucario
17) PlayaPaPaPa------------------------------Yoshi/Wario
17) Steeler-------------------------------------Pokemon Trainer
17) Fragbait------------------------------------Falco
17) Zeton---------------------------------------Fox
17) BamfDragon-------------------------------Snake
17) Zhao----------------------------------------Lucas/Lucario