• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
WOW F*CK YOU PEOPLE. Who f*cking cares how many characters you win with. The fact that you can win ANY games with a ****ty character like Falcon is pretty f*cking impressive. I love how all you f*cking noobs come in and f*cking talk sh*t acting as if you could do the same. Charoo is a f*cking HERO

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
i think theyre playing to win the tournament, though, and not to get them points on the character rankings list. its a nice list, but dont look at the process backwards or you might get lost ;)
The way he worded it, it sure sounds like he just made sure he used Falcon enough to get him points this time around since last time he didn't get falcon any points. Not because he felt Falcon was his best option. ;)

welcome to socal sir. We don't use snake/mk only.
Please, the only place that is all MK/Snake is MD/VA. Every other region tends to be fine in its character balance. It's fine to main a non-MK/Snake/G&W/etc.. char, it's just silly when everyone uses about 3 different mains. I find it much more exciting seeing someone go Sheik or Fox or Falcon only than all three. ;)

I know Midwest have variety when I see bowser taking out dsf in teams haha. Also ur best player is anther isn't it? Pikachu is so cute with his down taunt.
DSF is your best player isn't he? Funny how he uses Snake/MK.

WOW F*CK YOU PEOPLE. Who f*cking cares how many characters you win with. The fact that you can win ANY games with a ****ty character like Falcon is pretty f*cking impressive. I love how all you f*cking noobs come in and f*cking talk sh*t acting as if you could do the same. Charoo is a f*cking HERO
You'll live.

Chip.

you know what to do
Lmao Cazcom, Ankoku doesn't accept results like that and he already accepted Why So Serious? at Eggz house I believe, but I'm not sure. Here, let me help you:

ZeroStar.hX's NLV Brawl I
Entrants: 21
Entry fee: 10$

1. Eggz - Meta Knight
2. Emomoney - DDD/Pikachu/Snake
3. Bladewise - Marth/Bowser
4. Jem - Falco
5. Fear - Mario/ICs
6. Cazcom - Ness
7. Vista - Wolf
8. ZeroStar - DDD

tourney page:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1991

bracket:
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=2499

Boolossus

Smash Ace

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol didn't he already explain this earlier? AiB results were setup so connor would get a first place medal and I think lucky was supposed to get a second medal but I guess they messed up. This is because champ doesn't have an AiB so he agreed with them that they could get those placings. I personally watched the matches and champ got first.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
also, when the bracket is put up, I will be in 3rd or 2nd place instead (I forgot). The reason for this is because Connor and Lucky both have an AiB account and I don't. Since getting top 4 gives u a medal, I just told them to put me as 3rd because then they can receive the 1st and 2nd medal (yay medal!). I just hope you trust my word, and people who went to the tournament can vouch for me.
read that^^^

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
I don't see what the fuss is about Champ using three different characters......

Shiek is actually very good, imo (way better than people originally thought upon the game's release). Fox is definitely not a bad character at all.

But he used falcon and played well. How is this a bad thing? Give him his props, seriously. Yea, I whole heartily agree that it would have been a lot more impressive if champ had only used falcon and no one else. But at the same time, you can't deny that placing first in a tournament using Captain falcon a fair amount during that tournament isn't impressive.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphis Isn't Cool - Character Ranking Post

14 Entrants
5 Dollar Entry Fee
Lowell, MA

RESULTS
1) KoreanDJ (Random Box)
2) Fubar (Peach)
3) Nito (Lucas)
4) Riot (Zelda)
5) BubbleTea (Pikachu/Olimar)
5) Ace (Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong/Sonic)
7) Memphischains (Sonic/Kirby with Sonic Hat)
7) Fayt (Kirby)

Memphis Isn't Cool; Tournament Page

I expect to see that Kirby with Sonic Hat receives the rank it deserves, and in the Q & A just put that I'm not cool.

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
Fight For Your Friends! Singles Tournament
57 Entrants
15$ Fee
Montreal, Quebec

RANKINGS
1: Ally (Snake)
2: Percon (King Dedede/Kirby)
3: KingAce (Meta Knight)
4: Ambrose (Meta Knight)
5: TestRider (Zelda) <~ (Whoot)
5: Steb (Lucario/Diddy)
7: Fil (Marth)
7: Minus (Falco)
9: Retlaf (Game & Watch/Yoshi)

Thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190649

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I really liked the regional breakdown, and look forward to the next time you decide to pound them out. (No sense going to the extra trouble all the time of course; we appreciate all the statistical work you have put into this!)

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Apparently this hasn't been put here yet:
(this reflects mains while at ADAT, not current mains)

AfterDawn Alphicans Tournament (ADAT):

1: SuPeRbOoM (Game and Watch)
2: Kithkin (Metaknight)
3: Solaris (Metaknight/Marth)
4: LemonLau (Metaknight)
5: Alphicans (Toon Link)
5: Ermine (Pikachu)
7: MikeMonkey (Wario)
7: Colin (Ness)

Total 31 people in tournament
$10.00 Entrance Fee

Tourney Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169526

Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182410
Note: Restored results are on page 8

Edit: This was of course in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Charoo

Smash Champion
The way he worded it, it sure sounds like he just made sure he used Falcon enough to get him points this time around since last time he didn't get falcon any points. Not because he felt Falcon was his best option. ;)

Please, the only place that is all MK/Snake is MD/VA. Every other region tends to be fine in its character balance. It's fine to main a non-MK/Snake/G&W/etc.. char, it's just silly when everyone uses about 3 different mains. I find it much more exciting seeing someone go Sheik or Fox or Falcon only than all three. ;)

You'll live.
Falcon is definitely a best option for me in some matches. I feel that Falcon does very well against marth. Not advantage but almost 50-50. Using 3 chars doesn't make u silly. Nobody should be look down upon for using multiple chars. As I stated before, I use these chars. because I truly enjoy them. I use fox cause he was my main in melee and he helped me invent the champ combo. I use sheik because she is very fun to use and a freaking ninja. Lastly, I use falcon because he is so fun in this game. Landing a falcon punch or taunting in a tourney match is too awesome. I would love to see soem1 going falcon only if that's the only char. they like. I just like all 3 of these chars.

DSF is consider one of our best player. Yet, he is not the undisputed best player in socal. If you ask people in socal, they will tell u it's either dsf or futile. They both finally went to a tournament on saturday but decided to split for first/second. Having the best player using snake/mk doesn't actually display the whole community in socal at all. Not counting dsf, we probably have like 3 at most other good snake and like 2 other good Mk. Besides that, every1 else use different char.

Character variety shouldn't be look down upon.

If it pleased u, I'll try to win with falcon only next time. Kinda hard though haha

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
DSF imo is not "the best" player we have, but arguably the best, yes. Futile plays, Wario, and seeing as how Wario counters Snake, well you can see how "arguably" the best comes into play.

Also I was at the tourney and I personally saw Champ go falcon a good amount of times. As previously stated, although it would have been more impressive for him to go all falcon, the fact of the matter is, he did use him, at LEAST 1/3 of the time. I personally have to say, this alone is impressive, shows he has more skill than most, and rightfully gives Falcon a good amount of points due to the fact that CHAMPS Falcon being a "low tier" character, beat out a good amount of "Higher" tier characters.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
step it up, luigi players. he's the only character who seems really out of place.

either that, or maybe luigi really is a bad character.

Roihu

Smash Ace
step it up, luigi players. he's the only character who seems really out of place.

Captain Falcon is a bit out of place, too. >.>
I mean seriously, Jigglypuff passed the man!?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Luigi is anything but a bad character. Maybe we just have bad Luigi players who are too scared of the Meta Knights.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Luigi is not a bad player, and personally from the small amount of Luigi's that ive seen, they don't do a few of the "Advanced Techniques" or little things that luigi has over other characters.

Also, imo, jigs passing up Falcon is because jig players are mostly defensive and campy (Patient). Im pretty sure everyone knows being patient (Campy) in brawl is the best way to play as of now.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wait? You can do that?!?

I want to use Ivysaur only please!

Also, on the thread, it says he did Random >_>

Boolossus

Smash Ace
...Champ, mind explaining this discrepancy in results?
Yeah, the top 3 were a little shakey, they were in on some conspiracy, lol. I just hope that this doesn't make you disregard the tournament altogether, cuz I worked real hard to get in that top 8 with Samus. =(

And how on earth did KDJ win a tournament with the random box? Did he use the random box in the finals too? That's kinda funny.

gantrain05

Smash Master
TOURNAMENT: Family Fun Center (FFC) Brawl Tournament #5
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184772
DATE: August 24rd, 2008
LOCALE: Midwest
ENTRANTS: 30
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 David [Snake]
2 Smeesh [Peach]
3 Shrink [Olimar]
4 Tyser [Jigglypuff]
5 Majik [Kirby]
5 Juan [Ike]
7 Tab [MK]
7 No0b [Squirtle only]
hey tyser, is that the nebraska peach you told me about at jokers? i wanna money match him =P

Grondos

Smash Cadet
I made top 4 in a tournament at ComicCon San Diego 2008 about a month ago.

Number of Entrants - 128
Fee - Free
Location - California, San Diego ComicCon 2008
1st place - DeDeDe
2nd place - Samus
Tied for 3rd place - Toon Link (me)
Tied for 3rd place - Ike
Top 8 - I only remember a Olimar...

Tourney page - http://sdtekken.com/2008/08/04/sd-tekken-comic-con-wrap-up/
Scroll down some till the first picture with 4 guys standing there and read the description. I am Kristofer Shirley, John Yochim was the Ike. Robert Wilcox won with his Dedede, and OATS made 2nd with Samus.

If you don't believe Kristofer Shirley is me, I have a youtube account and email where I could tell you it's me on if you really want. On youtube, I also have a video which shows me, and I am the one in that picture of the tourney in it.

Hopefully this raises Toon Link and Samus's rating a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom