• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Diddy is made up of like 6 people basically. I'm the 3rd biggest contributor and I basically haven't been to my usual 2-3 tournaments a month in Feb/Mar. Might explain about half of the drop.

Also my last tourney I was Diddy/Donkey...and will probably continue to represent the Donkey (so that is half the points for Diddy right?).
Sarcasm, boy. C'mon now.

Wait, six people, and you're only getting that many points on the ranking?
You guys get stomped on by MKs pretty often, don't you?

Have the Meta Knights who place just been going to more tournaments recently? How about Snakes or Falcos, or anyone on that chart?

Just saying that I'd think you weren't the only player who's become less active in the past few months. Might explain ALL of the drops and rises.

=====

In all seriousness though, it'd be neat to see the frequency of tournament activity among the characters' top players based on overall tournament results or somewhat.

I just like visual charts and whatnot.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
Sarcasm, boy. C'mon now.

Wait, six people, and you're only getting that many points on the ranking?
You guys get stomped on by MKs pretty often, don't you?

Have the Meta Knights who place just been going to more tournaments recently? How about Snakes or Falcos, or anyone on that chart?
In general, the chart shows more ppl play mk, like a popularity. It doesn't mean hes wayyy better than the others.

Besides, ur character gets "stomped on" by alot of ppl, not just mk.
Maybe if u mained snake/falco/diddy/ or maybe IC's/wario u wouldnt complain about mk so much. (close to even matchups)

All the time u waste on the boards could be time used getting better with a good char.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In all seriousness though, it'd be neat to see the frequency of tournament activity among the characters' top players based on overall tournament results or somewhat.
Actually, Crow has already done this. Diddy despite being like the 3rd best in the game (imo 5thish) is only like the 6th or 7th most popular character. Crow also broke down who contributed the most to Diddy Kongs ranking. In order it was ADHD/Gnes/Me.

Crow do you think you could post this data again, I'm wondering how it looks now since its been like 2-3 months since I saw it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In general, the chart shows more ppl play mk, like a popularity. It doesn't mean hes wayyy better than the others.
It does? I just read "percentage of total ranking points", not "number of players per character" over a period of time.

And if Meta Knight is at the top of the total ranking points, as well as at the top of this very Character Rankings list in this thread, and with the large gap between him and Snake as large as it is, I'm pretty sure that means he's quite a fair amount better than the others.

At least, in terms of points.

Besides, ur character gets "stomped on" by alot of ppl, not just mk.
Maybe if u mained snake/falco/diddy/ or maybe IC's/wario u wouldnt complain about mk so much
What does me playing Sonic have to do with anything?

Not to mention that there's only ever about two or three Meta Knights down here, and I rarely ever play any of them in tournament. I'm too busy losing to other good players to have to worry about that.

Besides, when I DO play Meta Knights, I really, really have no shame in losing to someone of Dojo's caliber.

That, and I'm too busy hating on Falco. I also don't complain about anything much in this game that isn't tripping, lol.

Edit: What AZ said. I'd like to look at the data again myself. I think it was in the MK Ban Discussion, but drowned every time he posted it.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
What does me playing Sonic have to do with anything?
Because u complain about mk so much yet use sonic.. it makes no sense.

Imagine if all these zelda and link mains complained about mk when those characters aren't good to begin with.

Put it this way, if u mained diddy kong and got good with him, u wouldn't nearlllly complain about mk as much and prolly have more fun. I'd bet on that

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Holy ****. Jigglypuff hasn't had a single result for her.

Dapuffster, where art thou?
Losing, with the rest of mid tier and below.

Imagine if all these zelda and link mains complained about mk when those characters aren't good to begin with.

Put it this way, if u mained diddy kong and got good with him, u wouldn't nearlllly complain about mk as much and prolly have more fun. I'd bet on that
I really, really don't complain about Meta Knight. You obviously didn't read my last post.
Reading comprehension is an amazing skill.

Trent

Smash Champion

MK's not even Sonic's worst match up. :dizzy:

Also learn to read.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah he does.

He just pulled a **** move by playing characters he suck with to make everyone below him look bad.

Albert.

Smash Master
Yeah he does.

He just pulled a **** move by playing characters he suck with to make everyone below him look bad.
sooo true <_<
Lol no.

In tourney he was using MK in grand Finals when he was down 0-2 against Rach when Rach beat his ICs and G&W

but Didn't KoolAid go all MK at a N.E. tourney and get like 5th? This is NOT the first time he's used MK.

I'm not knocking KoolAid but like... half-truths.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Tourney was a month ago but was never posted here (searched styling on you)

Styling On You! 2! Results
Date: 3/14/10
Venue fee: $5
Entrants: 25
Rochester, NY

Singles:

1. PikaPika (Pikachu, MK) *split* (Split cash, PikaPika won)
1. Cura (IC, Marth) *split*
3. San (IKE)
4. Dr. Grandpa (DK)
5. Snakeee ( ZSS, MK, Peach)
5. JesiahTEG (Snake, PT ;] )
7. 1337-0 (Ness!)
7. XXX (Wario)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268934

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Tourney was a month ago but was never posted here (searched styling on you)

Styling On You! 2! Results
Date: 3/14/10
Venue fee: $5
Entrants: 25
Rochester, NY

Singles:

1. PikaPika (Pikachu, MK) *split*
1. Cura (IC, Marth) *split*
3. San (IKE)
4. Dr. Grandpa (DK)
5. Snakeee ( ZSS, MK, Peach)
5. JesiahTEG (Snake, PT ;] )
7. 1337-0 (Ness!)
7. XXX (Wario)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268934
We split the cash but still played out GFs where I won. also GFs was a $1 mm

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I was too busy losing to random game and watches with wolf, winning tourney money matches as ganon, vs falco, and running the tournament to actually place.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
never seen these characters above mk so often lol usually the order is switched:laugh:
Well, everyone knows how to play against MK since he's the most popular. Sorta like how all the diehard fans know everything about a celebrity, but the celebrity doesn't know anything about the fans.

mk is so cool i wanna touch his cape

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
lol i'd steal his cape put it on snake and instant teleport to up tilt lol too good and you are absolutely right but i'm still surprised that mk was at the bottom considering how good he is lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Step Yo Game Up Cleveland 10
4/10/10
Cleveland, OH
Entry Fee: $10
Number of Entrants: 13

1: M2K ($66.00) :metaknight:
2: Blue rogue ($36.00) :wario: :popo:
3: King Beef/KBizzle ($18.00) :peach:
4: Suyon :pit: :snake:
5: Argent :lucario: :metaknight:
5: King :pikachu:
7: Links :pikachu:
7: Apple :lucas:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
No Waahs 2: Balls Mandatory
Entrants: 41
Entry: $10
Scarborough, Ontario
April 10, 2010
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271619

1. Ally - :wario:/:falcon:/:gw:
2. HolyNightmare - :metaknight:/:rob:
3. KingAce - :metaknight:/:falco:/:snake:
4. T.O.Joe - :metaknight:
5. King Kong - :bowser2:
5. Raidos - :popo:/:snake: - results thread doesn't show Snake but I know first hand he beat me in bracket with Snake =(
7. i1337 - :dk2:
7. Pharaoh (Cruxis) - :snake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom