• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ally > Kingace.

therefore,

Snake > Meta Knight.

Real matchup data,

Real Tournament proof.

:psycho::psycho::psycho:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It'll be **** hard to get anyone in A rank, seeing as how currently there's only five characters in there.
Yea I know. I mean its hard enough to go far in tournaments as Peach. And se made it this far, so it shows we work our butts off. Now I just have to work a lil more harder. Same with edrees. Screw you high tier characters, Time to evade.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ally > Kingace.

therefore,

Snake > Meta Knight.

Real matchup data,

Real Tournament proof.

:psycho::psycho::psycho:
Are you going to bring up that argument EVERY TIME a Snake beats a Metaknight?

You have assumed Metaknight is better than Snake and assumed that Ally is better than KingAce. Those assumptions may be true, they may not be. Arguing that Metaknight is better than Snake by saying Snake is not better than Metaknight is circular reasoning.

Unless, of course, you weren't being sarcastic...

Then I agree with you :p.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yea I know. I mean its hard enough to go far in tournaments as Peach. And se made it this far, so it shows we work our butts off. Now I just have to work a lil more harder. Same with edrees. Screw you high tier characters, Time to evade.
Well, if you want to hear some good news, in Paris the players who has won... the 2 last big tournaments, 2 little tournaments, and arrived 2nd at a little tournament (but with good player) mains Peach... yeah that's right. He uses Marth as a secondary though :)

So if this chart is really international, i could give the results. But on the other hand i'm preparing an European Characters Ranking List, that will be more accurate in my opinion :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1 Meta Knight (61 top8, 44 top4, 25 top2, 36 wins) - 1306.4

2 Snake (49 top8, 27 top4, 13 top2, 19 wins) - 537.3

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

kr3wman

Smash Master
Are you going to bring up that argument EVERY TIME a Snake beats a Metaknight?

You have assumed Metaknight is better than Snake and assumed that Ally is better than KingAce. Those assumptions may be true, they may not be. Arguing that Metaknight is better than Snake by saying Snake is not better than Metaknight is circular reasoning.

Unless, of course, you weren't being sarcastic...

Then I agree with you :p.
I was making fun of Inui's post :

That wasn't my point.

Those Snakes are beating the MKs.

Snake wins the match-up.

More real tournament proof.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5799758#post5799758
This might already be reported, but i think most people who were there don't care about the rankings thread.

Some edits to what the TD flippantly listed as character choices:
Will_ didn't use Ness for serious, except in finals against Kirby. In finals against Kirby, he tried to win using Ness, but ultimately couldn't win with Ness and switched to MK for the win.
Jeff probably just used Pit in pools, all i saw was his GW.

Brawl Singles (23 entrants) times 10$
1. Will_ (Meta Knight/Ness/Donkey Kong) $145
2. George (Kirby) $72
3. munkus beaver (Meta Knight) $23
4. Moogle (Fox)
5. Jeff (Mr. Game & Watch/possibly Pit if I'm remembering correctly?)
5. Boomcube (R.OB.)
7. Ryan (Snake)
7. KOKingpin (Yoshi/Peach)
9. Popsofctown (R.O.B./Zelda)
9. Play2 (G&W)
9. Mike (???)
9. theONEjanitor (Diddy/Snake)
13. Robert (Kirby)
13. Duchock (Ness)
13. Yums (Falco)
13. 3GOD (Wario?)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles (23 entrants) times 10$
1. Will_ (Meta Knight/Ness/Donkey Kong) $145

Yay! ness got 1st! of course hes gotta share it with MK, but sharing with DK I dont mind at all :D

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
He didn't play Ness seriously:
popsofctown said:
Will_ didn't use Ness for serious, except in finals against Kirby. In finals against Kirby, he tried to win using Ness, but ultimately couldn't win with Ness and switched to MK for the win.
Jeff probably just used Pit in pools, all i saw was his GW.

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's actually pretty convenient for there to be like, every Brawl tournament result since the games' U.S. release, kudos to the people that kept track of all of that information, groups/people like yourselves keep the community aware of events if they can't witness the results themselves

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
That wasn't my point.

Those Snakes are beating the MKs.

Snake wins the match-up.

More real tournament proof.
I flip a coin 1000 times.
get heads 999 times.
The probability of getting heads if 99.9%.
One thousand people flip a coin 1000 times.
They get heads 495-549 times.
Probability of getting heads for them is roughly 50%.

Who is right?
My result result of 99.9%, or their 50%?

You are basically stating that your 99.9.% chance of getting head is based on a handful of results.
Again if Snake is a counter to MK, he would be doing much better and would be gaining on MK rather than constantly lagging by over 2x as many points.

It can be said that the idea of MK being neutral or having an advantage can be pushed to a greater extent due to MK's tournament results. It isn't going to be perfect but it does have more evidence for it.
But there is an exception.

We have marth vs Sheik where sheik has a 6:4 advantage and Marth remained top in tournaments from 2005 to 2007.
This was based on a mature metagame though so it was proven despite the lack of tournament results for Sheik.
Brawl is too young so rather than say Snake has an advantage or MK has an advantage, consider the matchup either undefined or neutral until we can be sure.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I flip a coin 1000 times.
get heads 999 times.
The probability of getting heads if 99.9%.
One thousand people flip a coin 1000 times.
They get heads 495-549 times.
Probability of getting heads for them is roughly 50%.

Who is right?
My result result of 99.9%, or their 50%?

You are basically stating that your 99.9.% chance of getting head is based on a handful of results.
Again if Snake is a counter to MK, he would be doing much better and would be gaining on MK rather than constantly lagging by over 2x as many points.

It can be said that the idea of MK being neutral or having an advantage can be pushed to a greater extent due to MK's tournament results. It isn't going to be perfect but it does have more evidence for it.
But there is an exception.

We have marth vs Sheik where sheik has a 6:4 advantage and Marth remained top in tournaments from 2005 to 2007.
This was based on a mature metagame though so it was proven despite the lack of tournament results for Sheik.
Brawl is too young so rather than say Snake has an advantage or MK has an advantage, consider the matchup either undefined or neutral until we can be sure.
You have a double-headed coin. And an alligator ate it on the last flip.

Anyway, the example is different because the circumstances are changing over time. If I flip a coin and get 50% heads, but as time goes on, it slowly goes onto 99% as it turns out that the double-headed coin was painted tails on one side and was wearing off and I was looking at only part of the coin, we can suggest that the trends may be changing over time.

But we can't exactly assume it like Inui does either.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Once again, it is not my fault that other Snakes aren't good enough and aren't camping vs MK. I have heard of 0 top Snakes outside of DSF and Ally when it comes to non-East Coast players.

lol @ people saying I'm just assuming Snake wins

I base my opinion off of an extremely massive and vast amount of real tournament experiences playing the match both ways, seeing the match played at the highest level(Mew2King/Chillin/teh_spamerer/Forte/etc.), and checking brackets from my region where Snake wins.

CO18

Smash Hero
Once again, it is not my fault that other Snakes aren't good enough and aren't camping vs MK. I have heard of 0 top Snakes outside of DSF and Ally when it comes to non-East Coast players.

lol @ people saying I'm just assuming Snake wins

I base my opinion off of an extremely massive and vast amount of real tournament experience playing the match both ways, seeing the match played at the highest level(Mew2King/Chillin/teh_spamerer/Forte/etc.), and checking brackets from my region where Snake wins.
Meep mains snake. Hes best player in norcal then theres UltimateRazer in Texas.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ally is on the East Coast.

What the hell are you guys smoking. Because he lives in Canada doesn't mean he lives 2 miles from the north pole under an igloo and only goes out for tournies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Meep mains snake. Hes best player in norcal then theres UltimateRazer in Texas.
All right, thanks for letting me know. UltimateRazer I only heard of very recently and it was at an MK-is-banned tourny so I don't know much about it. I think I heard of Meep before. He and DSF need to go all Snake and just win anyways. DSF keeps using MK. I want to see Meep **** DSF's MK. :)

EC is not the only region and is not the example of what competitive smash should, or should not be.
I'm not even talking about East Coast. I'm talking about Atlantic North. We are better than the southern portion of the East Coast by quite a bit.

The highest levels of play exist here. Denying that is foolish.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'm not even talking about East Coast. I'm talking about Atlantic North. We are better than the southern portion of the East Coast by quite a bit.

The highest levels of play exist here. Denying that is foolish.
Why do you straw man so much? Where have I denied the skill of the players in AN?
Address what I said not what you think I said.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
DSF stopped playing Snake in favor of Dedede, recently, I think.
Noooo, I want more Snake ****! :(

I shall force him onto Snake next time I play him. :)

ShadowLink84 said:
Address what I said not what you think I said.
Okay.

AN has the highest level of play. We are not dominated by MK at all besides NJ due to Mew2King, teh_spamerer, and myself all living here and no players like Azen, Chu, NEO, or Chillin existing to beat us consistently like in MD/VA.

The highest of play consistently shows that Snake wins the match-up.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
AN has the highest level of play. We are not dominated by MK at all besides NJ due to Mew2King, teh_spamerer, and myself all living here and no players like Azen, Chu, NEO, or Chillin existing to beat us consistently like in MD/VA.

The highest of play consistently shows that Snake wins the match-up.
i responded to this in the other topic so we'll speak there.

Irow

Smash Ace
Actually Inui, DSF's MK just lost to Meep's Snake at a Bi-Weekly in SoCal when NorCal travelled down there. DSF was forced to go D3 from what I heard. So if that satisfies you... Meep goes Snake always.

DSF has one of the best MK's out there, and he lost to a Snake - The arguement that Snake has the advatage is looking better and better everyday.

If you're looking for good Snakes on the West Coast, NorCal has two. Meep goes full Snake, and he beats the top MK's here. As well as Erow, an upcoming Snake main as well, who has taken out some of the best players out here and the top MK in the region. NorCal got Snake.

I'm not sure on the other regions Snakes, but nonetheless...

Meep needs to travel more. He's amazing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Meep's very good. I got to play him and he's really solid. For him, it's more consistency than anything since Snake really can't do anything too special... He kinda just nades, then baits you into getting close, then does Meep stuff (like jab... wait for your roll, ftilt. LOL)

To feel "pressured" by a "campy" character.... is too good.

Meep, like any other good snake, loses to counter picks.

DDD and Falco are hard-counters to Snake's very limited, but powerful arsenal.

Irow

Smash Ace
Actually, Meep is doesn't nade so much. He's amazing with C4 pressure, and reading rolls and your own fear. Have you ever gotten afraid of an up-tilt, and rolled back out of pressure - Only to get C4'd right out of it because he already knew? Amazing.

The most campy Snake here would be my brother Erow, who even by Snake standards - camps like a *****, but it's a very odd camp - You'd have to play him to understand. (Meep himself said he had a very original style) I main MK, and I've seen him destroy other MK's by not just grenade camping - but down grabs that do around 30% everytime he grabs you, and jab/f-tilt pressure into Snake dashes to get away. It's hard to explain.

Meep, by comparison, is a very offensive Snake. Although he is still very much the best Snake around here.

The mixture of Up-Smash, C4, and grenades is plenty enough to take MK - in my opinion. Plus Snake Dash, which is very good to get out of MK's range if you're not being stupid predictiable. Falco wrecks Snake however. D3 not as much, but still very much a counter.

And actually Choknater, it's jab, wait for your roll, up-tilt. Meep does that very often.

Why is the MK/D3 combo too good? First M2K, now DSF? Dang.

wangston

Smash Lord
We are having a 40+ man tournament at my college but there is no entry fee. By the formula that means we get zero points. So then should I even bother posting the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom